1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Sunshine Mint up to?

Discussion in 'Gold Silver (All things Metal)' started by Poorman, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

I couldn't help but notice that the Sunshine Mint is rolling out V2 of their bars and rounds. A new security feature is being implemented which will require a decoder to verify authenticity.

Is this a beta test in preparation for PM currency roll out after things go south in fiat land?

2. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Poorman , Most likely just a polorised piece of plastic and for $20.00 a GIMIC I can do with out!:idea::thumbs_down:

http://www.apmex.com/Product/72469/.aspx

If it were free with say a 10 oz. purchase I would say kool Idea :thumbs_up: that some one new to buying SILVER may feel safer buying Sunshine rounds and bars BUT for 20 bucks NO thanks!:thumbs_down:

the DUCK :s9:

3. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Build-a Burger
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

4. GodspeedMetals

GodspeedMetals Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ugh, my two favorite bullion coin companies

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/a-mark-signs-with-sunshine-minting

A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc., a subsidiary of Spectrum Group International, Inc., announced Sept. 4 that it has signed an exclusive global distribution agreement with Sunshine Minting, Inc. for SMI’s new line of branded bullion products that incorporates a Scrambled Indicia security feature into each product.

“The distribution agreement with SMI is a natural fit for both companies as it leverages A-Mark’s core strength as a full service precious metals trading company and its international distribution network with SMI’s world class bullion manufacturing operation,” said Greg Roberts, CEO of A-Mark and SGI.

Developed initially for the security printing industry, the SMI MintMark SI™ security feature will be incorporated into the reverse of every new SMI-branded bullion product. While not visible to the naked eye, when viewed through an adaptor for an iPhone or a unique decoding lens, the security feature becomes visible.

“This is a natural evolution for the bullion market,” said David Madge, A-Mark president. “For years paper currency has been using security features to reduce the possibility of counterfeiting. Now SMI has made it possible to get a similar feature in their SMI-branded bullion products.”

The new obverse design features the Sunshine Minting hallmark of an eagle with the sun and light rays in the background. Gold bars are certified to be 9999 fine. They will initially be offered in a 1-ounce size but will ultimately range in size from 1 gram to 100 grams. The bars are serialized and come in security packaging.

Silver bars and rounds will feature the Sunshine Minting hallmark and are certified to be 999 fine. They will initially be offered in 10- and 1-ounce bars and rounds but will ultimately range in size from half-ounce to 100 ounces. The reverse of each design incorporates the new security feature.

Pyramid and newmisty like this.
  5. ME Co.

ME Co. Silver Member Silver Miner

wouldn't be too far of a stretch for them to wanna put frd chips in them next sos the gov can find your stash. If it ain't broke don't fix it. HH Mark

Scorpio likes this.
  6. GodspeedMetals

GodspeedMetals Gold Member Gold Chaser

YUP.

And sounds like there will be a higher premium on pre-security feature coins and bars (if you can weed out the fakes).

7. Eyebone

Eyebone Midas Member Midas Member

Oh NOs, I don't need no stinkin trackin chip.

8. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

I totally agree with doing without the novelty. Extra cost when you only want silver seems ridiculous. I'm more concerned with the fact that they are actually investing in it. This seems like something you would want for a massive public roll out right?

9. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

It seems that during the official release of the first ones the mark up isn't all that bad. Must be anxious to get it out there.

Back in August APMEX was unloading the V1 stuff to make room for the V2.

10. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I can show you some really nice hand held devices that pinpoint your stash from the street, or a few smaller devices that fit nicely into a Beech 1800 that at 5,000 ft will give a wonderful, computer generated "picture" of ammo, arms, explosives, PM,s and even cash. Technology developed by our Israeli friends.Problem is all are owned and operated by .gov, law enforcement, and other agencies.Ever wonder how some State Police mysteriously pulls over a car and "finds" huge amounts of cash?

11. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Shouldn't friends be in quotes?

12. ds_mustang

ds_mustang Silver Member Silver Miner

With this new technology (unpossible to be counterfeited by the Chinese they assure me) I can see a validation emblem through my special decoder ring proving the bar is genuine...

wait, it was drilled and filled with tungsten anyway--doh!

13. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

What if you have it deep in a basement?

14. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

I'll have to call BS on that one.

I'm starting to see a pattern here numbers...

gringott likes this.
  15. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Yes there is a pattern. He keeps claiming the Israelis are our "friends".

stoli likes this.
  16. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Bury the guns, ammo, pms under a pile of steel pipe and scrap metal.

Run cash through a microwave for 10 seconds.

SC

17. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

Numbers has a lot of stories, pretty sure he was posting threads that he had insider information that the government was going to collapse and stuff like that back in 2011. None of it ever materialized (obviously). I'd pull up up some of his old threads but he has so many that you can't even get to his old stuff anymore.

18. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

Please do......

SilverBuyer likes this.
  19. SongSungAU

SongSungAU Midas Member Midas Member

Just because things don't happen when people expect them to happen doesn't mean they aren't going to happen.

Jesus didn't come back when the disciples thought he would and He hasn't come back in the years since the 12 disciples. That doesn't mean He isn't coming back.

Like a thief in the night....

20. Fixture

Fixture Seeker Seeker

Ya know, back in the day, I had a brother in law who was flying the P3 Orions out of Diego Garcia with the USN. He was flying with (from memory) converted 727's that had a cable system that dropped a detection buoy from the aircraft. The buoy would be towed from the air in an effort to detect submarines. The buoy would sense the magnetic properties and 'report' location and the 'magnitude' of the object that registered courtesy of the buoy.

I thought about the primitive nature of this mission many times over the decades. With the advent of FLIR technology detecting heat sources, and the further advent of ground penetrating radar, I wondered how cool would it be to use that technology to detect gold 'just' under the surface of soil.

I've read many an account over the years of the old miner-49ers who would be giving-up and leaving the gold fields when they stubbed their toe's on what was a huge nugget brought forth due to a recent rain storm.

So, the premise may be plausible, but how would it be put into action?

We all know about magnetometers, we all know about FLIR, we all know about piss tests. The piss tests can't detect any drugs. What detects the drugs is the metabolites that ATTACH themselves to the properties of the drugs. Big EFFING distinction.

So with that said, if the premise of numbers is correct, the detection of metals, currency, gun powder, gun oil, and whatever, would be childs play. The tech would (by now) be main stream... commercialized and be in use. Yes?

I find it hard to believe that such technology is in existence. It is possible, but not now. It will come.

A P3 orion, with some kind of a FLIR discrimination 'tool', just using magnetics... ignoring trees, ignoring animals, ignoring common rocks.... but detecting the properties of gold or uranium might be a possibility.

BUT if such tech was in our presence, why would not the current POTUS use it? What motivation would they have to run up a significant debt and let all those baubles remain in the ground.... or just under it?