1. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gone Fishin'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/27/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- Silver $17.32-- Oil $49.80-- USD $97.36 --
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I find out how to post photos, videos and capitalize titles?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Garyw, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Garyw

Garyw Silver Member Silver Miner

tired and retired
    Photos from my hard drive and internet, videos and how to capitalize headings?

I cannot figure out how to do these things can somebody teach me how in baby talk?

Or where to go to learn?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

For photos on your computer, click the "Upload a File" button next to "Post Reply". For internet photos or videos, just copy the URL and paste it into your message. Try it. You'll like it!

Garyw likes this.
  3. Garyw

tired and retired
    Thanks how about Making the Title Bold I appologize for not making that request clear. Thanks

4. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Gary

You can find a lot of "how to" here: New Forum, New Server

You may also want to look around here https://xenforo.com/. There is a "community" section with a lot of info.

If you don't find what you're looking for let me know and I will try to walk you through a few things.

5. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Capitalize headings like for a post here @GIM?

When you go to type a heading just press shift plus whatever letter you want capitalized. To put a whole word or sentence or post heading in caps just hit the caps lock key and type out your word/sentence. When done be sure to press your caps lock key again to unlock or you will get sOMETHING LIKE THIs.

Posting an image is super easy on this forum's software. In this box where you type your post look at the tool bar on top of this box where you see B I U and a bunch of other symbols and images. Right next to the smilie face is a box with a square in the upper left corner and an image that looks like a chart or mountains. Click on that image and it brings up a box that says Image and asks you for a URL (internet link to a picture). Use this ONLY if you are linking to a picture/cartoon/image store on another web page or web site like Huffpo/ebay/Drudge/silverbearcafe/etc. . After you type or paste in the URL (internet address) just click on the Insert button in the image box and "POOF!" it appears here on GIM.

To upload a picture file from YOUR computer/device is only slightly different and actually easier. In this box where you type your replies to posts, look down at the lower right hand corner. You will see 3 boxes..."Post Reply" "Upload a File" "More Options". Just click on "Upload a File" and it should open your computer's "File Manager". Just select your folder and then select the file(s) you want to upload and click on "OK" or whatever word/command your file manager uses and "POOF!" it appears in the GIM II reply box. However, GIM II throws you a curveball and asks if you want the image to be a "thumbnail" or "full size". If your picture is 3/4 the size of your screen or smaller ALWAYS pick "full size". If the picture is larger than 3/4 of your screen then click on "thumbnail" and GIM software will post a shrunken size of your picture maybe about the size of your avatar and anyone who wants to see the full size needs only to click on yopur shrunken picture and the GIM software will bring it up to full size for easy viewing.

For posting a video it's usually best to get the video URL direct from youtube or vimeo . Copy that URL and next to the picture symbol in the tool bar at the top of this reply box is an image of 2 pieces of film. Click on that and paste in the location of the video you want to post then click on the "Embed" box and "POOF!" your video magically appears on GIM II in the reply box you're working from.

For posting videos from your hard drive, I'm not sure but I don't think you want to do that...check with Scorp. That process is time consuming for you and uses LOTS of GIM II disk space.

Hystckndle and searcher like this.
  6. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

In addition to what was already posted, if you want to make something bold, in italics or underlined, there are the first three buttons on the left side of the tool bar with a "B" "I" and a "U". Highlight the desired text in your post and click the desired button.

Also, you can change text color with the fourth button that has an underlined "A" on it.
    The next one with an "A+" allows you select the size of text. Again, highlight the desired text and select a size.
    The next button allows you to change the font.
    The 7th and 8th buttons allow you to either remove or add a URL to selected text.
    Edited to add: you can also comine these to add a larger size text that is bolded, italicized, or underlined. Like a headline might use at the top of an article.

The ones with the little lines on the buttons allow you to align your text in various ways.
    • Ie: indent left or right, or make ordered lists etc etc.

The next one allows for smilies :pirates:

The 15th button from the left allows you to add a pic by URL. Click and paste in the pics address. (See below) Edited to add: scratch that. I actually uploaded that pic via the "upload a file" button.

The 16th button is the media button that, as already mentioned allows you to insert a video by adding its URL

The next one allows you to add a quote, spoiler, code, or strike though text.

The one with a camera is for adding media, if you have any uploaded.

Pic for reference to show the task bar and its buttons.

posting.jpg

I hope this helps you at least a little bit. <--- Edited to play with the controls a bit more. lol

Alton, Hystckndle and searcher like this.
  7. Garyw

tired and retired
    Wow So helpful I been here for a while but did not take the time to learn. I will probably come back here to reread all the info in this thread and will send others here if they ask. Thank you all I appreciate your help.

Joe King likes this.