1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Whittle: The News Media Knows How To Stop These Massacres, But Refuses To Do It

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Whittle: The News Media Knows How To Stop These Massacres, But Refuses To Do It

"I mean, when it's all said and done, they kind of need each other, right?"
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot: BillWhittle.com
    ByJAMES BARRETT
    November 7, 2017

In his latest video, conservative commentator Bill Whittle discusses the most effective way to end the surge of mass murders that America has suffered in the last twenty years — and it’s one that falls squarely at the feet of the national news media.

Citing forensic psychologist Park Dietz, who has studied mass murderers extensively, Whittle contends that we’ve seen a wave of mass shootings like Las Vegas and Sutherland Springs because the media insists on providing 24/7 coverage of the tragedies, turning suicide massacres into a chance for glory for the sociopaths carrying out the heinous acts.

“You want to know why there have been more and more mass shootings in the last twenty years? It’s pretty simple really,” says Whittle. “First, let’s talk about motive. The only thing that all of these mass murderers have in common is that none of them expected to survive the shooting. These rampages are suicide by cop, but with one critical difference. As far as the world’s concerned, a suicide’s just a suicide — but a suicide massacre will make you famous. Oh, you get to be somebody, you’ll be remembered, all right.”

Whittle then turns to a clip of Dietz, who said on BBC’s Newswipe with Charlie Brooker that he has “repeatedly told CNN and our other media” to stop covering the massacres the way they do, but his advice has fallen on deaf ears.

DIETZ: I have repeatedly told CNN and our other media: If you don’t want to propogate more mass murders, don’t start the story with sirens blaring. Don’t have photographs of the killer. Don’t make this 24/7 coverage. Do everything you can not to make the body count the lead story. Do localize this story to the affected community and make it as boring as possible in every other market.

“I’m recording this one day after the event, and CNN right now is energetically breaking every single rule that Park Dietz listed as a means to stop these bloodbaths,” says Whittle. “I mean, when it’s all said and done, they kind of need each other, right? The news media provides the fame and the shooter provides the ratings. Just to be clear, I’m not blaming CNN for the shooting — but the leading expert in the field is essentially blaming CNN for the shooting.”

Whittle then provides a clip of an interview with Richard “The Iceman” Kuklinski, the infamous Mafia hitman who killed over 200 people. Asked what he wanted his victims to think as they died, Kuklinski said he just wanted them to be thinking of him all the way to eternity.

Whittle notes the “dead eyes” of Kuklinski and says that’s the same look you see in all of these mass murderers — “predators” that are no longer human and “don’t much care about whether or not they’re in a gun-free zone.”

“They’re not going to be stopped by banning pistol grips, and changing the Apple emoji from a revolver to a squirt gun doesn’t seem to have much of an effect on them at all,” says Whittle. “They’re insane and they want to kill as many people as they can. That’s the cold reality, that’s what we’re really dealing with. And right this second, we’re making more of them. Right now.”

Whittle concludes by saying “these massacres will go on because these people can’t stop themselves. I don’t mean just the murderers, I mean the news people too.”

Usury, JayDubya, Joseph and 3 others like this.
  2. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    "Dirty Laundry"

I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me something
    Something I can use
    People love it when you lose
    They love dirty laundry

We got the bubble headed
    Bleached blonde
    Comes on at five