1. All on hold waiting for a tax plan announcement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Am. Gold is down 1 to 1266, while Silver is down 2 to 1757 after a late collapse yesterday. Crude is down 15 to 4941. The USD is up 31 to 9896.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 4/22/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1289.10-- UP 0.60 Silver $17.85-- down 66 Oil $49.62-- down 3.80 USD $99.88 -- down 58

Why Are So Many People Freaking Out About A Stock Market Crash In The Fall Of 2015?

Discussion in 'Historic Market Crashes' started by Ahillock, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

Why Are So Many People Freaking Out About A Stock Market Crash In The Fall Of 2015?
    By Michael Snyder, on August 19th, 2015

Is the stock market going to crash by the end of 2015? Of course stock market crashes are already happening in 23 different nations around the planet, but most Americans don’t really care about those markets. The truth is that what matters to people in this country is the health of their own stock portfolios and retirement accounts. There are a lot of people out there that are very afraid of what could happen if the money that they have worked so hard to save gets wiped out in a sudden financial collapse. And right now there is an unprecedented amount of buzz about the potential for a giant stock market crash by the end of this calendar year. In fact, I don’t think that I have ever seen more experts come out with bold predictions that a stock market crash will happen within a very specific period of time.

The following is a sampling of some of the experts that have made very bold proclamations about the rest of this year over the past few weeks. Many of these individuals are putting their credibility on the line by proclaiming that a stock market crash is just around the corner…

-Tom McClellan says that we are heading for an “ugly decline” and that there will be “nothing good for bulls for the rest of the year”…

-Harry Dent recently stated that we are just “weeks away” from a “global financial collapse“.

-Gerald Celente says that “the global economy has collapsed” and he is “predicting that we are going to see a global stock market crash before the end of the year“.

-Larry Edelson insists that he is “100% confident” that a global financial crisis will be triggered “within the next few months”…

-Jeff Berwick, the editor of the Dollar Vigilante, says that there is “enough going on in September to have me incredibly curious and concerned about what’s going to happen“.

-Egon von Greyerz recently explained that he fears “that this coming September – October all hell will break loose in the world economy and markets“.

-Even the mainstream media is issuing ominous warnings now. Just a few days ago, one of the most important newspapers in the entire world published a major story about the coming crisis under this headline: “Doomsday clock for global market crash strikes one minute to midnight as central banks lose control“.

-The Bank for International Settlements and the IMF have jumped on the prediction bandwagon as well. The following comes from a recent piece by Brandon Smith…

So why are so many prominent voices now warning that a global financial crisis is imminent?

The answer is actually very simple.

A global financial crisis is imminent.

Back on June 25th, I issued a red alert for the last six months of 2015 before any of these other guys issued their warnings.

When I first issued my alert, things were still seemingly very calm in the financial world, and a lot of people out there thought that I was nuts.

Well, here we are just a couple of months later and all hell is breaking loose. 23 global stock markets are crashing, the price of oil has been imploding, a new currency war has erupted, industrial commodities are plunging just like they did prior to the market crash of 2008, a full-blown financial crisis has gripped South America with fear, and junk bonds are sending some very ominous signals.

In the U.S., things are beginning to slowly unravel. The Dow was down another 162 points on Wednesday, and overall we are now down almost 1000 points from the peak of the market. At this point, it isn’t going to take much to push us into a bear market.

So enjoy what is left of August.

September is right around the corner, and if the experts that I mentioned above are correct, then it is likely to be one wild month.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...bout-a-stock-market-crash-in-the-fall-of-2015

2. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

Re: Why Are So Many People Freaking Out About A Stock Market Crash In The Fall Of 201

How can it happen, if everybody expects it?

<SLV> likes this.
  3. earplugs

earplugs Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Re: Why Are So Many People Freaking Out About A Stock Market Crash In The Fall Of 201

Welcome to amurkas version of japans lost generation

4. Ahillock

"He who panics first, panics best."

If you think people are going to panic and sell off, why wouldn't you try to beat them. For all intents and purposes, the market has topped. Get out while you can. The doors will be closing soon. The theater will be set on fire.

GOTS.

Eyebone likes this.
  5. Ahillock

One more thing Ebie,

Nasdaq has done nothing for the last 6 months.
    [​IMG]

DJIA is back to where it was with QE3.

[​IMG]

6. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Exactly....media might create yet another self-fulfilling prophecy...

Cigarlover and Ahillock like this.
  7. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Thecrensh likes this.
  8. Po'boy

Po'boy Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

"Somebody said that wall street fell, we were so poor that we couldn't tell"

Canadian-guerilla and Brio like this.
  9. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

It really only matters if your in the system which I get it, most people are if they work and have a 401k.

Ahillock likes this.
  10. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

Interesting close. 16,990.69.. Lots of sixes and 9's. No idea what that means though. :). On the other side, silver closed close to its high today so usually means strength going into tomorrow.

11. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I actually pay for financial advice from a well know firm. Their micro stuff is not so good, but their macro is generally pretty good. Nothing is guaranteed and they always hedge their opinions, but they said the smart money was buying small caps right here.

Cigarlover likes this.
  12. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect

Numbers will post a related biblical quote soon enough

Cigarlover likes this.
  13. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

It happens in the summer then as everyone tries to beat everyone else to the punch.

14. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

If everyone expects it, it must be already priced into the market ...

15. Ahillock

.... Or not. ;)

16. earplugs

earplugs Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I'm guessing the big hedge funds and tbtf financial organizations have hedged themselves short and are pumping the herd to exit.

17. HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent Midas Member Midas Member

Now, now, now... old friend...

Be nice.

Tolerance is the KEY l@@K at the US Supreme court and the other 15 nations that they followed down the rabbit trail.

AND After all that bible "dealie" might HOLD the KEY answer to the original question imposed in the thread.

And us scholars might want to search and see why.

Also some 6 major Jewish and secular cycles hit actually, specifically, and near the end of September - GOTS?

Better to be a month early than a moment or breath late, right?

Been there done that in 1987!

Goldhedge, 917601 and Treetop like this.
  18. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

19. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
  20. the_shootist

Architect

I hear ya.....I poke fun but be assured, I'm still paying attention to all the input. The jury remains out on the biblical stuff but I haven't dismissed it out of hand.

917601 and HistoryStudent like this.
  21. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

It's time the plunge protection team took notice, can't let people get too alarmed.

22. the_shootist

Architect

Did someone say plunge?

2012_is_the_year_of_celebrity_cleavage_640_52.jpg

23. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A

He he he... nothing to see here, all is good, don't worry be happy.

=CNBC

24. Brio

Brio Midas Member Midas Member

I'm not freaking out at all. I'll watch it unfold with fascination and know the steps I began taking 10 years ago were the right ones whether a collapse happens or not. lol.

Goldhedge, Malus, Ahillock and 2 others like this.
  25. HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent Midas Member Midas Member

[video]https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A86.JyHe3NhVWWUAvSsnnIlQ;_ylc=X1MDMTM1 MTE5NTY4NwRfcgMyBGZyA3locy1tb3ppbGxhLTAwMwRncHJpZA NHMnBZN05OalRiNlRCOGFDUTc1eVhBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3Vn ZwMxBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3 RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzM1BHF1ZXJ5A2Rvbid0IHdvcnJ5 IGJlIGhhcHB5IHlvdXR1YmUgbHlyaWNzBHRfc3RtcAMxNDQwMj c1NzI2?p=don%27t+worry+be+happy+youtube+lyrics&fr2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003[/video]

Add another 500 MONDAY to the 400 yesterday... Ooops....

[video]https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A86.JyHe3NhVWWUAvSsnnIlQ;_ylc=X1MDMTM1 MTE5NTY4NwRfcgMyBGZyA3locy1tb3ppbGxhLTAwMwRncHJpZA NHMnBZN05OalRiNlRCOGFDUTc1eVhBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3Vn ZwMxBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3 RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzM1BHF1ZXJ5A2Rvbid0IHdvcnJ5 IGJlIGhhcHB5IHlvdXR1YmUgbHlyaWNzBHRfc3RtcAMxNDQwMj c1NzI2?p=don%27t+worry+be+happy+youtube+lyrics&fr2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003[/video]

Let it fall...

26. the_shootist

Architect

There ya go! At least I'm not the only person sitting back, munching popcorn and drinking cold suds and watching the meltdown. It's going to be epic!

27. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

Nasty little haircut today too. Wonder if the natives are gittin restless now or if it's still all going according to plan.

28. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

[​IMG]

Ahillock likes this.
  29. Ahillock

Down almost 1500 points the last 3 trading days. All sunshine now until the day of reckoning.

30. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

You have that right. The past two 7 year wipeouts have been preceded by large dips, this one appears no different. We still need to suck in more money before it wipes it " clean". Maximum destruction, with a lesson attached to it.

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) -DJI
    16,272.08 400.73(2.52%) 11:28AM EDT
    Add to Portfolio

Just for fun, " the event " would be a numbers reward if it made the final crash at , say, 17,777. Seven is a way to cool number....that said, a final bottom would be way to cool if it was 7,777....