1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do We? Why Are We? A Few Thoughts.....

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by searcher, Feb 9, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Why Do We Care So Much About What Others Think?

[video=youtube_share;__yK7O0Z3UE]http://youtu.be/__yK7O0Z3UE[/video]

http://youtu.be/__yK7O0Z3UE

Published on Jan 27, 2015
    Why do we care so much about what others think?

This weeks episode of 'These Guys' will explore the reasons why we care so much about what others think and how to kick the habit.

abeland1 and msolorio3 like this.
  2. searcher

Re: Why Do We????????

Why Do We Hold Onto Opinions Of Other People?

[video=youtube_share;NLJTieJmzUY]http://youtu.be/NLJTieJmzUY[/video]

http://youtu.be/NLJTieJmzUY

Published on Feb 3, 2015
    Why do we hold onto opinions of others forever and never let them go?

This weeks episode of 'These Guys' will explore the reasons why we hold on so much and how we can begin letting go of past opinions of others. People change, be open to it.

3. searcher

Re: Why Do We????????

Why Are We So Mean To Each Other On The Internet?

[video=youtube_share;DFB-IdSd4U0]http://youtu.be/DFB-IdSd4U0[/video]

http://youtu.be/DFB-IdSd4U0

Published on Jan 5, 2015
    Why are we so mean to each other on the internet?

This weeks episode of 'These Guys' will explore the reasons and hopefully put an answer to the big question.

4. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I made it to the point where the guy took the selfie then I had to turn it off

5. searcher

Why We Fail So Often At Making Lifestyle Changes

[video=youtube_share;oOif0RkU6q0]http://youtu.be/oOif0RkU6q0[/video]

http://youtu.be/oOif0RkU6q0

Published on Jan 13, 2015
    Why do we fail so often when we try to making lifestyle changes?

This weeks episode of 'These Guys' will explore the reasons and hopefully put an answer to the big question.

6. searcher

Is Life Meant To Be So Serious?

[video=youtube_share;PBXidcyNY2M]http://youtu.be/PBXidcyNY2M[/video]

http://youtu.be/PBXidcyNY2M

Published on Jan 20, 2015
    Why do we take life so seriously?

This weeks episode of 'These Guys' will explore the reasons why we take life so seriously and how to look at life in a lighter sense.

7. searcher

Why Do We Make Quick Assumptions And Judge People?

[video=youtube_share;MKqFsK4CSlI]http://youtu.be/MKqFsK4CSlI[/video]

http://youtu.be/MKqFsK4CSlI

Published on Feb 10, 2015
    Why do we often make quick assumptions about people and ultimately end up judging them?

This week's episode of 'These Guys' explores the tendency that we have to make assumptions, how these assumptions end up filtering how we get to know someone and how they can lead to unjustified judgements.

8. searcher

Why Are We So Obsessed With The Idea Of Real Beauty?

[video=youtube_share;GMTI1n44On4]http://youtu.be/GMTI1n44On4[/video]

http://youtu.be/GMTI1n44On4

Published on Feb 17, 2015
    Why are we so obsessed with the idea of "real beauty?"

This week's episode of 'These Guys' explores the global obsession that we seem to have with beauty. Both for men and women we seem to have these socially glorified bodies that we all praise and strive for. Why? And is this idea of beauty even attainable?

Start the series from the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=...

9. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Why should I give a #$%^& what these guys think?

the_shootist likes this.
  10. searcher

If you don't why click on to the thread? Are you brain dead or just an ignoramus?

11. JayDubya

I have no beef with you searcher, in fact I read a lot of your posts. But your comment above pisses me off.

First, read your thread title and tell me how I would know, exactly, what the content would be? You can't and so THAT is why I clicked on the thread.

Regardless, a big portion of these guy's videos, that you've posted here, is telling us we shouldn't give a damn about what other people think, or other people's opinions. So why in the hell should we give a damn about what they think or their opinions?

I thought it was a pretty obvious statement to make.

12. searcher

I don't agree with your take on what they are saying. I listened to each and every vid. They start out a bit goofy but end up pretty good. At least that's my opinion. Now as to my "comments".............you have made the same type of comments in several of my threads. If you would like I'll pull up each one of them and post them. That's a bit childish and it gets old pretty quick.

BTW...........I'll be posting more of their vids on a weekly basis.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  13. JayDubya

Just for clarification, you're saying that I have made comments along the line of "don't click on a thread"? or something along the lines of calling someone "brain dead or an ignoramus"?

I think you've got me confused with somebody else.

Regardless, I stand by my initial statement as it still seems a logical statement to make based on the gist of these videos

JW

14. searcher

15. searcher

Sometimes less is more:

Instant karma: Man who told fellow Tube passenger to go f*** himself gets payback when he turns up for job interview with the same chap just hours later

• HR executive Matt Buckland was pushed and shouted at on train to work
    • Impatient commuter told Mr Buckland to 'f*** himself' on rush-hour train
    • Hours later, same man walked into an interview with recruiter Mr Buckland
    • Job seeker didn't even recognise the man he had yelled at earlier that day
    • He was not offered the job as Mr Buckland said he was not right for role
    • Do you know the identity of the commuter?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-interview-man-recruiter.html#ixzz3SIA70zE6
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

16. searcher

Indifference is a power

As legions of warriors and prisoners can attest, Stoicism is not grim resolve but a way to wrest happiness from adversity

by Lary Wallace
    Lary Wallace is features editor of Bangkok Post: The Magazine, and his journalism has appeared in the Los Angeles Review of Books, The Paris Review Daily and The Rumpus, among others.

We do this to our philosophies. We redraft their contours based on projected shadows, or give them a cartoonish shape like a caricaturist emphasising all the wrong features. This is how Buddhism becomes, in the popular imagination, a doctrine of passivity and even laziness, while Existentialism becomes synonymous with apathy and futile despair. Something similar has happened to Stoicism, which is considered – when considered at all – a philosophy of grim endurance, of carrying on rather than getting over, of tolerating rather than transcending life’s agonies and adversities.

No wonder it’s not more popular. No wonder the Stoic sage, in Western culture, has never obtained the popularity of the Zen master. Even though Stoicism is far more accessible, not only does it lack the exotic mystique of Eastern practice; it’s also regarded as a philosophy of merely breaking even while remaining determinedly impassive. What this attitude ignores is the promise proffered by Stoicism of lasting transcendence and imperturbable tranquility.

It ignores gratitude, too. This is part of the tranquility, because it’s what makes the tranquility possible. Stoicism is, as much as anything, a philosophy of gratitude – and a gratitude, moreover, rugged enough to endure anything. Philosophers who pine for supreme psychological liberation have often failed to realise that they belong to a confederacy that includes the Stoics. ‘According to nature you want to live?’ Friedrich Nietzsche taunts the Stoics in Beyond Good and Evil (1886):

O you noble Stoics, what deceptive words these are! Imagine a being like nature, wasteful beyond measure, indifferent beyond measure, without purposes and consideration, without mercy and justice, fertile and desolate and uncertain at the same time; imagine indifference itself as a power – how could you live according to this indifference? Living – is that not precisely wanting to be other than this nature? Is not living – estimating, preferring, being unjust, being limited, wanting to be different? And supposing your imperative ‘live according to nature’ meant at bottom as much as ‘live according to life’ – how could you not do that? Why make a principle of what you yourself are and must be?

This is pretty good, as denunciations of Stoicism go, seductive in its articulateness and energy, and therefore effective, however uninformed.

Which is why it’s so disheartening to see Nietzsche fly off the rails of sanity in the next two paragraphs, accusing the Stoics of trying to ‘impose’ their ‘morality... on nature’, of being ‘no longer able to see [nature] differently’ because of an ‘arrogant’ determination to ‘tyrannise’ nature as the Stoic has tyrannised himself. Then (in some of the least subtle psychological projection you’re ever likely to see, given what we know of Nietzsche’s mad drive for psychological supremacy), he accuses all of philosophy as being a ‘tyrannical drive’, ‘the most spiritual will to power’, to the ‘creation of the world’.

The truth is, indifference really is a power, selectively applied, and living in such a way is not only eminently possible, with a conscious adoption of certain attitudes, but facilitates a freer, more expansive, more adventurous mode of living. Joy and grief are still there, along with all the other emotions, but they are tempered – and, in their temperance, they are less tyrannical.

If we can’t always go to our philosophers for an understanding of Stoicism, then where can we go? One place to start is the Urban Dictionary. Check out what this crowdsourced online reference to slang gives as the definition of a ‘stoic’:

stoic
    Someone who does not give a shit about the stupid things in this world that most people care so much about. Stoics do have emotions, but only for the things in this world that really matter. They are the most real people alive.
    Group of kids are sitting on a porch. Stoic walks by.
    Kid – ‘Hey man, yur a fuckin faggot an you suck cock!’
    Stoic – ‘Good for you.’
    Keeps going.

You’ve gotta love the way the author manages to make mention of a porch in there, because Stoicism has its root in the word stoa, which is the Greek name for what today we would call a porch. Actually, we’re more likely to call it a portico, but the ancient Stoics used it as a kind of porch, where they would hang out and talk about enlightenment and stuff. The Greek scholar Zeno is the founder, and the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius the most famous practitioner, while the Roman statesman Seneca is probably the most eloquent and entertaining. But the real hero of Stoicism, most Stoics agree, is the Greek philosopher Epictetus.

He’d been a slave, which gives his words a credibility that the other Stoics, for all the hardships they endured, can’t quite match. He spoke to his pupils, who later wrote down his words. These are the only words we know today as Epictetus', consisting of two short works, the Enchiridion and the Discourses, along with some fragments. Among those whom Epictetus taught directly is Marcus Aurelius (another Stoic philosopher who did not necessarily expect to be read; his Meditations were written expressly for private benefit, as a kind of self-instruction).

Among those Epictetus has taught indirectly is a whole cast of the distinguished, in all fields of endeavour. One of these is the late US Navy Admiral James Stockdale. A prisoner of war in Vietnam for seven years during that conflict, he endured broken bones, starvation, solitary confinement, and all other manner of torture. His psychological companion through it all were the teachings of Epictetus, with which he had familiarised himself after graduating from college and joining the Navy, studying philosophy at Stanford University on the side. He kept those teachings close by in Vietnam, never letting them leave his mind even when things were at their most dire. Especially then. He knew what they were about, those lessons, and he came to know their application much better than anyone should have to.

Stockdale wrote a lot about Epictetus, in speeches and memoirs and essays, but if you want to travel light (and, really, what Stoic doesn’t?), the best thing you could take with you is a speech he gave at King’s College London in 1993, published as Courage Under Fire: Testing Epictetus’s Doctrines in a Laboratory of Human Behavior (1993). That subtitle is important. Epictetus once compared the philosopher’s lecture room to a hospital, from which the student should walk out in a little bit of pain. ‘If Epictetus’s lecture room was a hospital,’ Stockdale writes, ‘my prison was a laboratory – a laboratory of human behaviour. I chose to test his postulates against the demanding real-life challenges of my laboratory. And as you can tell, I think he passed with flying colours.’

‘You are unfortunate in my judgment, for you have never been unfortunate’

Stockdale rejected the false optimism proffered by Christianity, because he knew, from direct observation, that false hope is how you went insane in that prison. The Stoics themselves believed in gods, but ultimately those resistant to religious belief can take their Stoicism the way they take their Buddhism, even if they can’t buy into such concepts as karma or reincarnation. What the whole thing comes down to, distilled to its briefest essence, is making the choice that choice is really all we have, and that all else is not worth considering. ‘Who [...] is the invincible human being?’ Epictetus once asked, before answering the question himself: ‘One who can be disconcerted by nothing that lies outside the sphere of choice.’

Any misfortune ‘that lies outside the sphere of choice’ should be considered an opportunity to strengthen our resolve, not an excuse to weaken it. This is one of the truly great mind-hacks ever devised, this willingness to convert adversity to opportunity, and it’s part of what Seneca was extolling when he wrote what he would say to one whose spirit has never been tempered or tested by hardship: ‘You are unfortunate in my judgment, for you have never been unfortunate. You have passed through life with no antagonist to face you; no one will know what you were capable of, not even you yourself.’ We do ourselves an immense favour when we consider adversity an opportunity to make this discovery – and, in the discovery, to enhance what we find there.

Another shrewdly resourceful Stoic mind-hack is what William B Irvine – in his book A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy* (2009)– has given the name ‘negative visualisation’. By keeping the very worst that can happen in our heads constantly, the Stoics tell us, we immunise ourselves from the dangers of too much so-called ‘positive thinking’, a product of the mind that believes a realistic accounting of the world can lead only to despair. Only by envisioning the bad can we truly appreciate the good; gratitude does not arrive when we take things for granted. It’s precisely this gratitude that leaves us content to cede control of what the world has already removed from our control anyway.

How did we let something so eminently understandable become so grotesquely misunderstood? How did we forget that that dark passage is really the portal to transcendence?

Many will recognise in these principles the general shape and texture of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Indeed, Stoicism has been identified as a kind of proto-CBT. Albert Ellis, the US psychologist who founded an early form of CBT known as Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) in 1955, had read the Stoics in his youth and used to prescribe to his patients Epictetus’s maxim that ‘People are disturbed not by things but by their view of things.’ ‘That’s actually the “cognitive model of emotion” in a nutshell,’ Donald Robertson tells me, and he should certainly know, as a therapist who in 2010 wrote a book on CBT with the subtitle ‘Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy’.

This simplicity and accessibility ensure that Stoicism will never be properly embraced by those who prefer the abstracted and esoteric in their philosophies. In the novel A Man in Full (1998), Tom Wolfe gives Stoicism, with perfect plausibility, to a semi-literate prison inmate. This monologue of Conrad Hensley’s may be stilted, but there’s nothing at all suspect about the sentiment behind it. When asked if he is a Stoic, Conrad replies: ‘I’m just reading about it, but I wish there was somebody around today, somebody you could go to, the way students went to Epictetus. Today people think of Stoics – like, you know, like they’re people who grit their teeth and tolerate pain and suffering. What they are is, they’re serene and confident in the face of anything you can throw at them.’

Marcus Aurelius started each day telling himself: ‘I shall meet with meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable people’

Which leads us naturally to ask just what it was that was thrown at them. We’ve already noted that Epictetus had the whole slavery thing going on, so he checks out. So does Seneca, in spite of what many have asserted – most recently the UK classicist Mary Beard in an essay for the New York Review of Books that asks: ‘How Stoical Was Seneca?’ before providing a none-too-approving answer. What Beard’s well-informed and otherwise cogent essay fails to allow for is just how tough it must have been for Seneca – tubercular, exiled, and under the control of a sadistically murderous dictator – no matter what access he sometimes had to life’s luxuries. It was Seneca himself who said that ‘no one has condemned wisdom to poverty’, and only an Ancient Greek Cynic would try to deny this. Besides, Seneca would have been the first to tell you, as he told a correspondent in one of his letters: ‘I am not so shameless as to undertake to cure my fellow-men when I am ill myself. I am, however, discussing with you troubles which concern us both, and sharing the remedy with you, just as if we were lying ill in the same hospital.’

Marcus Aurelius lay ill in that hospital, too. As beneficiary of the privileges of emperor, he also endured the struggles and stresses of that very same position, plus a few more besides. I know better than to try to improve on the following accounting, provided in Irvine’s A Guide to the Good Life:

He was sick, possibly with an ulcer. His family life was a source of distress: his wife appears to have been unfaithful to him, and of the at least 14 children she bore him, only six survived. Added to this were the stresses that came with ruling an empire. During his reign, there were numerous frontier uprisings, and Marcus often went personally to oversee campaigns against upstart tribes. His own officials – most notably, Avidius Cassius, the governor of Syria – rebelled against him. His subordinates were insolent to him, which insolence he bore with ‘an unruffled temper’. Citizens told jokes at his expense and were not punished for doing so. During his reign, the empire also experienced plague, famine, and natural disasters such as the earthquake at Smyrna.

Ever the strategist, Marcus employed a trusty technique in confronting the days that comprised such a life, making a point to tell himself at the start of each one of them: ‘I shall meet with meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable people.’ He could have been different about it – he could have pretended things were just hunky-dory, especially on those days when they really were, or seemed to be. But how, then, would he have been prepared to angle both into the wind and away from it – adapting, always, to fate’s violently vexing vicissitudes? Where would that have left him when the weather changed?

24 December 2014

http://aeon.co/magazine/philosophy/why-stoicism-is-one-of-the-best-mind-hacks-ever/

17. searcher

Why Do Haters Hate? – 8-Bit Philosophy

[video=youtube_share;-ZswD12OdW4]http://youtu.be/-ZswD12OdW4[/video]

http://youtu.be/-ZswD12OdW4

Published on Feb 22, 2015

18. searcher

10 Things We Should All Say More Often

[video=youtube_share;pRSAYiWfy84]http://youtu.be/pRSAYiWfy84[/video]

http://youtu.be/pRSAYiWfy84

Published on Feb 23, 2015
    How bout a list of 10 things we should all say more often? This week on These Guys, Joe & Mark will go through a list of 10 things we should all start saying more!

19. searcher

Suppressing Your Truth Isn’t Helping Anyone

28th February 2015

By Evita Ochel

Guest Writer for Wake Up World

Many of us live our life based on the idea that we cannot share what we really feel or think, out of courtesy or consideration for another. However, when we examine why we so often live by suppressing our truth, we come to see that our reasons for doing so are not quite as selfless or admirable as we may presume them to be. By trying to protect the other, we are often simply trying to protect some aspect of our illusory self. In this essay, we will examine the consequences of not living our truth — how this impacts us and those around us — and I will also share with you 5 tips for authentic self-expression.

If you are like most people on our planet, chances are you have “bit your tongue” on more than one occasion, preventing yourself from saying something you felt deeply called within to say. Similarly, you can probably remember your share of situations where you stopped yourself from acting in a way that you were called to act, or perhaps ended up engaging in some action that wasn’t in alignment with your true, personal nature.

From the time we begin to walk and talk, terms like “good girl” and “good boy” are drilled into our minds. We quickly learn what we “should” do to make mommy and daddy happy or proud, and what we “shouldn’t” do. The same is blatantly displayed by our schools, legal systems, and religions. As we grow up, we unconsciously take all those patterns of suppression and conditional acceptance with us into our adult years, often repeating the same cycle with our own children.

Look at our society to begin to understand the effects of this. We don’t have to look far; our own lives show so much imbalance due to the suppression we have endured. The rates of depression and anxiety alone are at all time highs, and our happiness levels are far from optimal.

Unfortunately, being inauthentically “polite” through the suppression of our personal truths may be the accepted or normal behavior, but it is far from natural or good for us. It is still a rare event on our planet to grow up in a household where one is encouraged to share and live their truth — fully — without any compromise or conditions. In fact, we are quickly taught that life is all about compromise. But we cannot point fingers or lay blame on anyone in particular for all this, and definitely not our parents, who simply did what they were taught and the best they could. Blame is definitely not the solution here, or anywhere else for that matter, neither is anger or regret, whether you are a parent or child.

If we are going to find a solution at the root level, what we have to grasp and understand instead, is the source of this suppression within our collective. As with many areas of life that drive our choices, it is here as well that we will find fear present, underlying this issue. As I have often shared in past essays, our modern society is still like a child, who simply wants to give the impression of being grown up by trying to imitate adult behavior. However, we are far from the spiritual maturity needed on a global consciousness and collective scale where truth is honored, rather than feared.

And so we are told that it is not polite, it is not appropriate, it is better left unsaid, for the sake of those involved. So like good girls and boys we retract our many natural forms of personal expression. After all, most of us don’t want to stand out as the troublemakers, the ones stirring things up. Today, however, I invite you to say enough — enough to suppressing and repressing who you are, what you came here to experience, and how you wish to live your life. It is time to reawaken within ourselves our natural state of being, one rooted in liberation of the mind, body, and spirit. A state of being that allows us to express and experience our infinite and Divine potential, rather than continue to play small and hide the truth of our unique and individual magnificence.

The Weight of Living Your Truth

The importance of living our truth is one of the topics that I am always very passionate about addressing and helping people apply. Based on both experience and observation in myself and others, I have seen enough to know the negative toll that not living our truth can have on us. It suppresses our creative potential and motivation. It reduces our joy and wellbeing. It dims our inner light and radiance. It is a large contributing factor to all sorts of dis-ease that we see today, whether on a physical or mental level. Ultimately it sabotages our ability to have, feel, and live with inner peace.

I know that, all too often, human beings present to themselves and others, all sorts of convincing reasons why sacrificing their personal truth is the “right” way to go, whatever the going situation. Today, I am not so sure, however, that there is ever a justified time or reason where I could agree that sacrificing our truth outweighs the benefits of living it. Perhaps I am dismissing life or death scenarios, you may be thinking. Surely it must be better to suppress one’s truth if it means staying alive, right? At a time in the past I would have thought so. Today, I simply tie it to our fear of death and seeing it as some form of punishment or fate to be avoided at all costs, rather than the natural transition between the spiritual and physical dimensions that it is. So even if one were faced with a life or death situation, it really takes some deep soul searching to figure out what the best option may be for each individual. Luckily most of us will never be faced with choosing between living our truth or staying alive. What we will commonly be faced with, however, is choosing between living our truth or denying a part of ourselves; living our truth or illusively pleasing another.

It is all too prevalent in our society to suppress or sacrifice our truth to spare the “feelings” of another. Perhaps we hope to be politically correct, or not stir any trouble. Perhaps we can even call it an act of compassion by considering the feelings of another before our own. Unfortunately I don’t buy those scenarios either these days. We have seen enough martyrs come and go over the ages on this planet, and I feel we keep missing the point. Denying our truth always carries with it some repercussions that negatively permeate into the collective consciousness.

On the one hand, we may think that we are helping another, but on the other hand we are normally harming many more, including ourselves and the person we think we are protecting. Suppression and/or repression always builds resentment, and blocks the natural flow of energy on some level. We see the consequences of this clearly in every area of our society. For example, sexual suppression or repression leads to all sorts of imbalanced expression, in the forms of sexual violence.

So what is one to do? Speak freely, love freely, and act freely? In a perfect world perhaps, but we cannot forget we live in the “real” world where limits, rules, and boundaries of all sorts are the norm, right? But is that really what we think on a heart and soul level? Is that really the best we can do? From where I am standing we have tried that way. We have suppressed, repressed, and tried to be good little boys and girls for long enough and it really hasn’t gotten us very far or made the world a better place; the evidence is all around us.

Let us consider, instead, the potential of what life would be like if we put into action speaking freely, loving freely, and living our truth freely. It is really not that far fetched to accomplish; in fact, more and more people are doing it everyday. We have to understand that this is not some perversion of free will where the entire world goes mad. We already have that. Instead, by living, speaking, and acting from our truth, it sets the foundation for a very different way of life. When we live our truth — our heart and soul aligned truth — we instantly transform the landscape of our reality into one where love, peace, and compassion are the prevailing norms for all, not just a select few. Let’s examine how this can be possible in more depth.

A Story of Limited Potential

Let me introduce you to Kerry and Leon. They are fictional characters but their story may cast an eerie similarity to someone you know, perhaps even yourself. Kerry was longing to meet the man of her dreams and one day in her mid 20’s was introduced to Leon. Both of them felt it was love at first sight and each did everything they could to put their best foot forward during their courtship. Leon wasn’t much into the art scene, but attended every theatre and art show that Kerry suggested. Kerry did not enjoy the corporate side of life, but politely entertained all of Leon’s gatherings for his business contacts. Within two years they moved in together and Kerry had an engagement ring on her finger. Leon suggested she focus on real “jobs” to build their life together and so Kerry stopped creating her art. Her style of living was carefree and scattered, while Leon preferred rigorous routines and structure. A feeling of unease was beginning to grow within each one of them, but neither said anything for they were “in love”, about to get married, and did not want to rock the boat. Kerry became focused on having a large family, often daydreaming about the 3 or 4 kids they would have running around. Leon became focused on his career and not really interested in kids, but they figured they would work it out when the time came.

Fast forward 5 years later: Kerry was pregnant with their third child, while Leon gave up an opportunity to advance his career in another state. Kerry wanted a bigger house. Leon wanted bigger job satisfaction. Kerry wanted more help from Leon. Leon wanted a better connection with his wife. Kerry wanted a creative outlet. Leon wanted to start his own company. Each pushed aside their desires out of fear of not pushing the others’ buttons and bitterness grew within. Instead of owning up and courageously sharing their personal needs and truths, each was engaged in blaming the other for the incongruence and unhappiness they felt within. By now, surface-level heated quarrels had become the norm in their life, but they refrained from digging deeper out of fear of what may surface.

Fast forward 10-15 years later: Kerry now lives with a man she barely sees or talks to, and struggles to attend to their three children, while taking art courses at a community college. Leon feels misunderstood by his wife and after missing out on a dreamed of work opportunity begins to question their relationship. Needing an outlet of support he begins seeing a co-worker, which quickly escalates to a romantic relationship. For the first time in years, Leon feels like he can be himself. Kerry learns about Leon’s affair and files for a divorce, feeling betrayed, and hurt by the man she thought was her “destiny”. Assets are fought over, child custody is questioned, and Leon and Kerry become bitter enemies. After the divorce Leon moves out of state and Kerry feels like she has been completely abandoned. Within 6 months she finds out she has stage 3 breast cancer and falls into a deep depression.

How this story unfolds further includes many possibilities as to how these individuals will choose to live the next half of their lives through each moment from here on. And while the details will differ, the premise and pattern is one that is all too common in our society today. Whether in romantic relationships, sibling, parent, friend, or coworker relationships, we have a society of people addicted to repressing and incapable of expressing their truth in the moment it needs to be shared.

So let’s look at how we can turn this all around and live in a more harmonious way with ourselves and others.

Release Your Truth to Free Yourself and Others

The going story in society is that relationships mean sacrifice, but that idea is missing a big piece of the true essence of the purpose of relating. The best, most loving, peace-filled, and long-lasting relationships I know all have the common thread of both parties freely expressing and living their truth. This doesn’t mean that we get exactly what we want, rather, it means that we express exactly what we need. From this vantage point, both parties are in the best position to openly and honestly evaluate whether their paths would be better off together or apart. We keep thinking that doing things to satisfy the other, while sacrificing personal needs, is the way to go. I’ll just do “this” to make/keep “her” or “him” happy. However when we look around, we have to start acknowledging the obvious: it isn’t working. We cannot shut out or shut down who we are and assume that it is going to go away unnoticed.

When I observe human-to-human interactions, I am amazed at how so few people are willing to see the bigger picture or the immense impact of their actions of suppression. We are so self-absorbed by our thinking that we are acting with others in mind, that we miss seeing how our own fears keep us stuck in what we share and do, or don’t. We live out the illusion that we are sparing the feelings of another or saving them some hassle, but in truth, we are so not. We are instead perpetrating the creation of a deceptive web where no one wins.

So for a change, let’s try something new. Instead of suppressing your truth, try effectively expressing your truth. The next time you have an interaction with anyone, on any topic, or for any reason, try the new approach of sharing openly, honestly, and authentically from the heart.

If we don’t love our partners in a way that warrants us living with them or being with them in a formal union, we owe it to them (and to ourselves) to let them know. Share your truth openly. When we don’t, all the while we may keep thinking that we are sparing their feelings from being hurt, but we are in truth deceiving them about our connection, and preventing them from moving on and finding someone who would be a better match for them. So don’t fool yourself ever that by holding back your truth, you are doing it for the sake of another. No. You are doing it for your personal selfish reasons out of fear. This is not meant to be harsh, but honest. Yes, sometimes the truth may be a bit inconvenient to hear, as it bursts our illusions of comfort, habit, and security, but it is always better than deception. You are not protecting anyone, by deceiving them.

The above example about romantic relationships is just one of many everyday situations that require us to share our truth. The point is that this applies across all boards, to every and any situation, romantic, platonic, casual, business, family, or other. We are deceiving the world by holding back our truth, and in turn deceiving ourselves. We are compromising the quality of our life, not because life is compromise, but because we are putting self-limiting, unnatural restrictions upon it.

So let’s go back to Kerry and Leon. How could their story have been different? The answers are as infinite, as the choices they had in every moment of their interaction, right from the very beginning to the very end. In one timeline, Kerry and Leon realize after the third date that they really are looking for different things in their life, and part ways after sharing their personal needs and wants openly. In another timeline, Kerry and Leon separate after 4 years of giving their relationship an honest try, progressing to become great friends and supportive single parents for their kids. In yet another timeline, Kerry shares truthfully her personal concerns, or Leon his, where they realize how important they are to each other and engage in counseling and spiritual healing. The possibilities continue on and on!

The point being, that in every single situation, every day of our life, we are given choice points to change things around, to become more aligned with who we are, and what we are here for. Life can be joyous and beautiful, but we need to stop sabotaging it by suppressing our truth and blaming it on external circumstances. When we live our truth, life takes on a whole new meaning and dimension.

Consider therefore all of the areas of your own life where you are suppressing the truth of who you are, what you wish to share, and how you wish to live. Realize that this is a CHOICE you are making for YOU. It is time to stop using “the other” as the excuse, because hopefully you can see by now that the other is suffering just as much, if not more by you withholding your truth. Give your relationships an honest, open, level playing field. Be transparent so that everyone knows where they stand to give each a fair chance at living their truth. Release and free yourself, to release and free others. Only in this way can we begin to transform the world into a space of joy, peace, and compassion that supports the personal evolution of each being.

Applying the Art of Living Our Truth

Here are a few tips to help you live your truth, rather than suppress it, in common areas that involve others in our lives:

In New Relationships

When you meet a new person the surest way to attract the partner or friend most in resonance with your being and choice of experiences in this lifetime is to be yourself, rather than being who you think they want you to be, or who you think you should be, or what you think will impress them.

Every single relationship that begins or is maintained on the latter premise is built on a foundation of conflict. This is one of the biggest reasons why people find that they cannot stay together for long in romantic partnerships joyfully; once the “honeymoon” phase is over, the “act” of not being ourselves becomes too draining to keep up. The more the true essence of each person comes out, the more both parties feel deceived or out of alignment. It is at this point that most people wake up to the reality of how mismatched they are and have some tough choices to make.

Enter into a relationship (romantic, friendship, family, or coworker) by speaking, sharing, and living your truth, and you are guaranteed to attract to yourself people who are most in alignment with you and your life path. This does not mean that there will not be any challenges down the road, but the truth-based foundation will provide for effective, soul-based solutions at each point.

In Mature Relationships

Remember that we are constantly evolving and changing, and what may have been you or made sense to you at one time, may be completely different at another time. However, we need to communicate that with those closest to us who may be impacted by any of our inner and outer changes.

This may often prove to be even harder than sharing your truth at the start of a new relationship where many may feel they have “less to lose”. Most people are very habitual, quickly adapt to a way of being, and resist change. Most people also have a hard time seeing others in a new light. However, you owe it to yourself to keep evolving, rather than stagnating your potential because someone else is choosing a different journey or pace of evolution than you. So find the courage and share your truth. Whether you need a new job, found a new calling, changed your religious, political, or dietary views, or have found a partner who suits you better, you need to communicate that openly, honestly, and authentically with the person that it impacts. Repressing your truth and living from a state of fear only grows to manifest bigger challenges down the road.

In Social Settings

Wherever you may find yourself, if you get put on the spot to comment about some topic in a social setting, find the courage to share your truth. As I will share below in a moment, sharing your truth does not mean negating or putting down another human being. There are heart-centered ways of sharing our truth, but sharing it clearly nonetheless.

Tips for Authentic Expression

No matter what situation you find yourself in, and the examples are many, here are a few specific tips for engaging in open, truthful, constructive communication, which allows you to express your needs, views, and preferences. When we begin to live from this space, where we express openly rather than suppress, we give others the courage and inspiration to tap into their own truth-sharing as well. Inspire and live by example, for as you free yourself, you help liberate others to enjoy living from their space of truth.

Know your truth.

You cannot effectively share your truth if you haven’t decided who you are, what you want and need, or where you stand on certain matters. Do some soul searching, engage in some inner work, take your personal evolution seriously to learn what your truth is at any given time and be able to share it freely.

Center yourself in heart-based consciousness.

What we often say and how we say things in our everyday interactions is based on unconscious, reactive impulses; they are far removed from any kind of meaningful expressions of truth. When we think, speak, or act impulsively from a space of reactivity, we often live to regret it on some level. It could be anything from minor personal discomfort to serious consequences that may cost us our job or relationship.

We have to be sure we are tapping into heart-based truth, not Ego-based truth. Heart-based truth is liberating, Ego-based truth is limiting and fear-filled. When you share whatever you perceive your truth to be, you will know instantly by how you feel within, whether it was based on heart truth or illusory, fear-based ideas. Pay attention to your body and overall feelings, which can help guide you to learn more about yourself and instantly correct your approach in your interactions. Some people will feel discomfort in their chest, others in their intestines, others yet in their back or shoulder area. Short term, this can manifest also as trouble sleeping, and long term, it can manifest as all sorts of dis-ease conditions whether psychosomatic or real biochemical breakdowns.

You can deceive others, you can deceive your mind, but you can never deceive your body. If or when you don’t speak the truth of your heart and soul, your body will give you clear feelings about this through some discomfort.

Before you share anything, especially where serious matters are concerned, center yourself, quiet your mind, take a few conscious breaths and tap into a space of heightened awareness. We need conscious action, not unconscious reaction if we are going to be effective. If you cannot do this for whatever reason, and have the opportunity to postpone your expression, then do so; time does wonders to help us see the bigger picture with greater clarity.

Don’t take things personally.

While we’ve been considering our truth, we also have to remember that at any time someone else may share with us their truth. You cannot control what the other person may say or how they may react to your truth. That is their journey, their choice, their Karma. You are responsible for you. Remember, people do not like change, and most live deeply rooted in fear, where change is a scary thing to be avoided at all costs. Regardless, stay focused on being as honest, transparent, and receptive as you possibly can, and make anything you share be based on tip number 4 below.

Share from the heart, with love and compassion.

Sharing our truth openly does not mean being rude, inconsiderate, manipulative, or insensitive. If and when our truth is shared from the heart, it is always for the best of all involved, even if they perceive the outcome as hurtful or negative. The most important thing is to stay connected to the heart at all times and grounded in a high degree of mindfulness.

Forgive yourself.

Hindsight, as we know, is always full of clarity and reason, but we can never judge the past based on present moment awareness. We have to forgive ourselves (and others) for whatever may have been said or done, and release it. Festering negative feelings and regrets within ourselves only hurts us, and very seriously at that on levels of the mind, body, and spirit. Our happiness suffers, our health suffers. Release and forgive, and simply learn to apply the highest state of heart-centered mindfulness you can today, with which to make your present actions count in the most positive way for all involved.

http://wakeup-world.com/2015/02/28/suppressing-your-truth-isnt-helping-anyone/

Alex Lemas and DonShimoda like this.
  20. searcher

Find Your Life Purpose. GUIDED MEDITATION

[video=youtube_share;fJx1wRAWYFw]http://youtu.be/fJx1wRAWYFw[/video]

http://youtu.be/fJx1wRAWYFw

Published on Oct 14, 2014
    If you struggle to discover your life's purpose, or wish your life to take a new direction, relax for a time in this meditation and you may discover ways to find your path.

(For further guidance check out the follow-up video to this meditation - link Below)
    http://youtu.be/CjYP8-rX3sg

21. searcher

The Most Astounding Fact - Neil deGrasse Tyson

[video=youtube_share;9D05ej8u-gU]http://youtu.be/9D05ej8u-gU[/video]

http://youtu.be/9D05ej8u-gU

Published on Mar 2, 2012
    Same video on Vimeo! http://vimeo.com/38101676

Astrophysicist Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson was asked by a reader of TIME magazine, "What is the most astounding fact you can share with us about the Universe?" This is his answer.

Please subscribe above!

In 20 languages, Click CC! Watch in HD!
    If you would like to edit or create new subtitles create an amara.org account and go here: http://www.amara.org/en/videos/zkXlAE...
    Thanks so much for the support!

Special thanks to:
    Reid Gower http://saganseries.com/
    Carl Sagan http://www.hulu.com/cosmos
    Neil deGrasse Tyson http://www.facebook.com/neiltyson
    NASA http://www.nasa.gov/

CREDITS
    Narration: TIME Magazine's "10 Questions for Neil Degrasse Tyson"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiOwqD...
    Music: "To Build a Home" by the Cinematic Orchestra feat. Patrick Watson
    http://www.cinematicorchestra.com/

Video (in order of appearance):
    IMAX: Hubble 3D (Orion)
    http://www.imax.com/hubble/
    Yellowstone: Battle for Life (Tree & Waterfall)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jcdml
    Supernova to Crab Nebula
    http://www.spacetelescope.org/videos/...
    BBC: Wonders of the Solar System (formation of the solar system)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qyxfb
    Accretion and First Eukaryotes from the 2011 film "Tree of Life" directed by Terrence Malick
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accretio...)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_o...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline...
    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/200...
    http://www.twowaysthroughlife.com/
    BBC: Charles Darwin and the Tree of Life
    http://www.wellcometreeoflife.org/
    "Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia" by Ayrton Orio (Model: Xharon Kendelker)
    http://vimeo.com/9505354
    "Afghanistan - touch down in flight" by Augustin Pictures
    http://vimeo.com/31426899
    http://lukasugustin.de
    "mongolia!" by wiissa
    http://vimeo.com/27876709
    http://wiissa.com

Excerpt from "Outside In", Copyright Stephen van Vuuren/SV2 Studios (Saturn's moon Mimas)
    http://www.outsideinthemovie.com
    IMAX: Hubble 3D (Inside Orion Nebula)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_Ne...
    Shuttle Launch from 1985 IMAX film "The Dream is Alive"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drea...
    "Earth -- Time Lapse View from Space, Fly Over -- NASA, ISS" by Michael Konig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls9yJT...
    http://koenigm.com
    Excerpt from "The Island" - La Palma Time Lapse Video by Christoph Malin
    http://vimeo.com/27539860
    http://christophmalin.com
    Galaxy Map and Galaxy Formation by NCSA's Advanced Visualization Lab
    http://avl.ncsa.illinois.edu/
    "Mars sunset" captured by NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imageg...

Edited by Max Schlickenmeyer

Neil goes on to say "For me, that is the most profound revelation of 20th century astrophysics and I look forward to what the 21st century will bring us, given the frontiers that are now unfolding."

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. All copyrighted materials contained herein belong to their respective copyright holders, I do not claim ownership over any of these materials. I realize no profit, monetary or otherwise, from the exhibition of this video.

Help us caption & translate this video!

22. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Alain de Botton: Status Anxiety

This man knows WHY! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    searcher likes this.
  23. searcher

Re: Alain de Botton: Status Anxiety

Fear Prevents Life Not Death

[​IMG]
    You really need to think on this one. With out a doubt it’s one of the most important issues to be clear about.

I want you to think about something and if you do I promise it will be worthwhile. Might even be the most valuable time you ever expended…EVER! I want you to ask yourself an important question. But before we get to the BIG question, there are two gut-check questions you need to answer first. If answering either of them makes you uncomfortable or uneasy, consider stopping after that point.

If either of these gut-check questions make you uneasy then you may not be ready for the bigger life altering question because whichever way you answer the BIG question, one thing’s for sure. Your answer is first going to change your thought pattern… and when it does, what follows will be a directional change in your life’s outlook toward the future. So here we go.

First gut-check: Are you able to be 100% honest when it comes to answering questions about yourself? I mean being completely unbiased rather than siding with what you wish or hope is true about yourself… deep down inside of yourself accepting truth from fiction. Can you do it?

[​IMG]
    If you took the time to ponder the choices you’ve made in your life honestly would you be pleased with them?

Second gut-check: Ask yourself… are you happy? If you’re comfortable with honestly addressing both of these questions then proceed further.

Remember if you’re not being totally honest in answering the above two gut-check questions then the only one you’ll be fooling is yourself. After reading the BIG question below, take all the time required to determine you final assessment.

The BIG question is…

Do you rule over your fears, or do your fears rule over you?

On the surface, the question is actually a simple one… BUT the deeper your thought process the more accurate your assessment. Before you jump right into your yes answer, I’ve provided a short list of topics to consider. I’m confident, if you’re taking this question seriously, and you should be, you’ll have added several more points of your own.

1. Is your self-worth being determined by the acceptance of others?
    2. Are you content with your relationships with associates, friends and family?
    3. Are you satisfied in your choice and extent of your education?
    4. Are you happy with your choice of employment or career?
    5. If married, are you pleased in your choice of spouse?
    6. Are you content in your decision whether to have a family or not? Any regrets one way or the other?
    7. Are you Living the lifestyle that you thought you would be living?
    8. Are you living in the environment and surroundings you choose too be living in?
    9. Are you merely staying in a place because you’re already there, afraid to change what’s already familiar?
    10. Does your employment rule over you. Are you feeling stuck with no options?
    11. Are you comfortable in making decisions or do you tend to procrastinate and put them off?
    12. Are you feeling fearful of the unknown and what the future holds?
    13. Are you satisfied with the quality of your health?
    14. Are you fearful of becoming sick and and being unable to take care of yourself?
    15. Are you fearful of being alone?
    16. Are you satisfied with the quality of your diet?
    17. Do you see yourself as being trapped in your current situation with few or no viable options?
    18. Do you worry that you’re losing your freedoms?
    19. Are you concerned that you will lose your savings in the next inevitable crash?
    20. Do you feel like life is passing you by and time is running out?

These are just a few examples of factors that you should consider as you try to answer the BIG question. If you’re truly going to take the test and answer this simple life changing question then you need to be exploring and answering without bias.

[​IMG]
    At this part of the post are you starting to question a few things about the importance of certain beliefs? Perhaps we all were a bit mis-guided in our up-bringing when it comes to beliefs. A belief is nothing more than a thought you keep having.

Now stop and take all the time required. It’s OK to shut down the laptop for a while and come back to it tomorrow. Grab a pen and paper and jot down the many things that should be running through you head right about now. Yes, it’s that important if you’re truly going to be evaluating your answers on this revealing question. I assure you, it’s one of, if not the most important questions you’ll ever be asked.

The whole idea of this article came about by a comment by a subscriber of our YouTube channel. It reminds me that when you reach out you’ll never know how many folks you’ll be helping. Just because of one person who I’ve never even talked to decided to make a wonderful comment on one of our YouTube’s. Now he’s potentially helping thousands of others like you. It is my sincere desire that more would eventually become so unselfish by reaching out to others they don’t even know. I copied the comment below along with my reply, so all can enjoy and hopefully benefit from it.

“Always interesting to listen to your experiences. Not many people can just get up and go to a place where you are and start a new life especially if the money isn’t there. I’m pretty sure that with your work history you had a nice amount of money to have a life there. I’m willing to make a move there but just scared, not to make it, if I go without enough money to at least have some sort of business and to start a business you need money. I’m just a realist. About 5 more weeks I will see with my own eyes what it is about Cabrera that makes it all you say it is… FYI… I do not mean any disrespect in any way just sharing my opinion with you Barry.”

My Answer:

No disrespect ever taken. Really it’s not a big deal living the way that I have been for so long. As for me I’m nowhere near rich. I’ve lived in countries with less than 2000 in savings. It’s more about believing in yourself and answering a very important question. Do you rule over you fear or does your fear rule over you. Fear does not prevent death or failure but rather prevents life and success. Think about it and depending on how you answer that question will certainly determine in a big way which direction your future progresses.

Take a few moments and ponder these following thoughts. Most of our common fears are either fears of the unknown, of death and of failure. All three amount to little more than a person’s choice on from which angle they’re viewing the box (Subject).

Fear does not prevent death or failure but rather prevents life and success

[​IMG]
    As tough as it is to honestly level with yourself in the end will be the best decision you ever made to enhance the quality of your life. Hell if it was easy then everyone would be doing it right?

Take the first example if you will. Fear of the unknown. Well if it’s unknown, what’s there to be fearful of? Take this a bit further and look into you own personal past. For an overwhelming percentage of you, ask yourself the following. How many of my worst darkest fears have actually materialized? Chances are not many. Perhaps the better question you should be asking yourself is why do you spend so much of your time worrying about them in the first place?

Moving on to door number two let’s consider the fear of death. Stop being fearful. I can assure you… it’s going to happen. If it’s certainly going to happen, then why not choose to concentrate more on living life than worrying about the thought of death. Why not choose to spend more of your time towards better creating ways to experience life now.

Sorry to be the tranquilizer at anybody’s party, but we’re all going to eventually die. I might suggest that a large part of this fear might be laid to rest by asking yourself the following question. How do you view death? Do you view death as an ending or as a beginning? Once again depending on how you answer this question will have a strong bearing on how comfortable you are with it.

Moving onto our last door number three. Let’s peak behind the curtain of mystery and see what awaits. And behind the curtain is… The fear of failure. Failure is the view most people reveal when what they perceived should have happened… didn’t happen. REMEMBER, for anything to happen… first there must be choice. If you didn’t like the path that opened with your choice it’s a rather easy solution. MAKE ANOTHER CHOICE!

You could have never gotten to where you presently are without first making some sort of choice. For most situations, there really is no right or wrong, there are only choices. If you don’t care for the one you previously made, simply make another one and see where that path leads to.

The only thing in common with all of these examples is fear….

FEAR will prevent change, success and happiness. FEAR will not prevent death, taxes or failure.

[​IMG]
    There are no simple black and white answers for the subject of life. For each of us it’s myriad of multiple shades of grey but if blended correctly reveals one of the most beautiful pictures imaginable.

You can’t prevent fear if fear is already what you’re experiencing. At this point another very important topic to bring up is momentum. Momentum works equally in both directions. Either positive or negitive and it’s fair to mention… once momentum picks up velocity it’s already too late. Understand momentum. You don’t want to instantly change direction (momentum) of a train already traveling at 100 MPH (velocity). Why? Because it will damage the contents inside (You).

Once momentum is in play, these kinds of changes in direction or thought must be made gradually. That being the case, still the best time to prevent momentum from building strength is in its earliest stages. You might want to keep that thought in mind when it comes to viewing your present circumstances. If you do, a lot of pressure will be lifted off your shoulders.

Most of us are very familiar with the saying “when I see it I’ll believe it.” But the reality of it is since our universe works on the law of attraction, shifting a couple of words around to make the previous saying read “when you believe it you’ll see it” would be more accurate on how it unveils.

Many of you who’ve gotten to know me over the phone might have heard me mention the following analogy. “you’re trying to see the view from the top of the staircase and you haven’t even taken the first step yet. The views change with every step you take along the path of new experiences”.

What does this mean? For example here are some of the most common questions I field.

• How can I make a living? The answer to that might lie somewhere between steps three and four.
    • Is it safe there? The answer to that could exist somewhere around the second step.
    • What products are available?
    • What about the people?
    • Can I afford to live there?
    • ETC ETC.

While we as people differ greatly when it comes to our questions about a plan B, they seem to be very similar in nature. My answer to the many folks who are stuck in fear or procrastination will always be the same. There’s no right or wrong… there’s only choices. Make a choice and if you’re not happy with, it simply make another choice… PERIOD!

[​IMG]
    In reality not every door is locked and not every deadbolt works.

As just mentioned, nothing happens till you first make a choice. When it comes down to determining if the DR is right for your plan B, the logical choice to me would be first fly here and experience the country for yourself. Because, if it doesn’t appeal to you, everything else after that just got swept off of the table…right? A second point I’d like you to consider is this. Know it or not, in your entire life you were never able to see the view from the top of the staircase without climbing it one step at a time. NEVER!

For example lets choose the subject of career. First plateau… what do I want to do? Then came the research on what STEPS (Pun intended) are necessary in order to get yourself there. Climbing a bit higher the choice of education that’s required. How do I obtain the funding? Where will I live and so on and so on?

By now I hope you’re beginning to realize that even without you being aware of it you’ve been living in this manor for most of your adult life. Perhaps that’s why it amazes me when it comes to this one topic called relocation why so many get so confused? Remember if you don’t like anything just make another choice! This is a universal agreement and not my thoughts.

So I ask you again. Do you rule over your fears, or do your fears rule over you? There’s just no way around it, depending on how you answer that question will determine in a big way which direction your future progresses. Your present moment is what every step, every breath and every death has led to.

Until next time this is Barry in DR.

http://www.drescapes.com/2015/03/03...aign=Feed:+DRescapesRSS+(DR+Escapes+RSS+Feed)

TAEZZAR and Zed like this.
  24. searcher

5 Things You Shouldn't Do On Social Media

[video=youtube_share;4jZgCKNiRKs]http://youtu.be/4jZgCKNiRKs[/video]

http://youtu.be/4jZgCKNiRKs

Published on Mar 2, 2015
    We all use social media quite often, but are we creating some bad habits with it? This week on These Guys, Joe & Mark will go through a list of 5 things you shouldn't do on social media.

There's some great ones in here! Check it out!

25. searcher

The Mystery of Consciousness | Interview with Dr. Michael Clarage

[video=youtube_share;gRGzJg5A3m8]http://youtu.be/gRGzJg5A3m8[/video]

http://youtu.be/gRGzJg5A3m8

Published on Feb 25, 2015
    Perhaps the greatest mystery of human experience is consciousness itself. Today, the fields of neuroscience and neurotechnology provide astounding insights into the electrical and chemical processes of the brain. Consequently, institutional science proposes with confidence that the brain alone creates conscious experience. Yet despite all that science has learned, the very source and essence of consciousness remains a puzzle. Thunderbolts colleague Dr. Michael Clarage shares with us his thoughts on the enduring mysteries of consciousness.

26. searcher

How To Build True Confidence

[video=youtube_share;taIITBetV-o]http://youtu.be/taIITBetV-o[/video]

http://youtu.be/taIITBetV-o

Published on Mar 9, 2015
    Can we actually build confidence? Why do we try so hard at doing it? This week on These Guys, Joe & Mark will go through what confidence is and how we can go about unlocking true confidence.

27. searcher

28. searcher

Zen and the Art of Standing on the Shoulders of Giants

[​IMG]

Gary ‘Z’ McGee
    , Staff Writer
    Waking Times

“We have not even to risk the adventure alone; for the heroes of all time have gone before us; the labyrinth is fully known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero-path. And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.” –Joseph Campbell

If, as Isaac Newton wrote, “I have seen further than others by standing on the shoulders of giants” then, if we want to be the kind of person who sees further than others, it behooves us to discover giants whose shoulders we can stand upon. The more shoulders of giants we stand upon, the further we will see. The more we learn from all sacred texts, not just one, the more spiritually plastic we will become. The more masks of ancient heroes we don, the more sacred things will appear. The world becomes a giant playground of interdependent knowledge, and it’s all ours for the seizing. It’s all ours to play with. The world is a playground, but it’s up to us individually if we’re on recess or not.

With a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul, I submit to you, you who are proactive and willing to take up the arduously Hurculean task of being the change you wish to see in the world, that there is a deep reservoir of human intelligence that precedes us literally burning in the brambles of The Age of Information. Such knowledge is a gauntlet thrown to the ground by intellectual giants past, challenging you to pick it up, daring you to use it in order to add your own unique melody to the collective harmony of the human leitmotif. I double-dog dare you to pick up that gauntlet, to don it and then rock out on the guitar of your own unique contribution to human creativity.

Understand: I do not stand on the shoulders of giants in order to revere them. I stand on their shoulders in order to question them and to see further than they did. My intent is to collect what they have collected, along with what others have collected; indeed, to gather their gauntlets and dare to melt them down into something with more universality, more ubiquity, and more elegance (Self-inflicted Philosophy). To use it all as a foundation –albeit it a constantly shifting, ever-changing foundation– upon which to build something, to create something, to paint something, to produce something, and/or to write something new, but with the humble understanding that there is no certainty. That certainty is in fact the destroyer of creative and intellectual pursuits.

“Humans may crave absolute certainty; they may aspire to it; they may pretend, as partisans of certain religions do, to have attained it. But the history of science- by far the most successful claim to knowledge accessible to humans- teaches that the most we can hope for is successive improvement in our understanding, learning from our mistakes, an asymptotic approach to the universe, but with the proviso that absolute certainty will always elude us.” –Carl Sagan

I beseech you, creative intellectuals the world over, look at the pursuit of knowledge like a Buddhist monk looks at the pursuit of enlightenment: the journey is the thing, the pursuit is the thing. There is no such thing as enlightenment. There is no such thing as Absolute Truth. There is no such thing as Perfection. As the Zen Koan states, “If you should meet Buddha on the path, kill him.” Meaning: “kill” that part of yourself that mistakenly believes it has achieved enlightenment. Put even more succinctly: kill belief itself. Everything is questionable.

Certainty is an illusion. Like Alan Watts said, “For what one needs in this universe is not certainty but the courage and nerve of the gambler; not fixed conviction but adaptability; not firm ground whereupon to stand but skill in swimming.”

So kick out from beneath yourself any and all pedestals, high-horses, or thrones that are preventing you from furthering your pursuit. Diagnose your own Master Complex, that part of you that convinces you that your pursuit of knowledge is complete and you can now rest upon your laurels. Screw your laurels! Rise up from your too-fat ego. Become a force of intellectual creation once again. The world needs you. Most important of all: learn how to unlearn. It is your responsibility to synchronize with your inner entropies so that you can achieve a place, an inner Locus of Control, where your surefooted super-serendipitous spontaneity is free to erupt into the world. Synthesize your knowledge. Transform it into muscle memory, and then shock us all with your chiseled intellectual form.

On the other side of the coin is the Layman Complex (or inner-cynic), that part of you that convinces you that your pursuit of knowledge is in vain and you might as well not begin. Screw the inner-cynic! Rise up from your whiney, woe-is-me ego. Become a force of intellectual creation. The world needs you. Kick out from beneath yourself any and all culturally conditioned platforms, propagandized podiums, and parochial sounding boards that are preventing you from beginning your pursuit of knowledge. Like Eliezer Yudkowsky said, “You are personally responsible for becoming more ethical than the society you grew up in.” Resolve these issues, these pitiful codependent demons, and the ability to stand on the shoulders of giants will not elude you. The giants are out there just waiting for you to use their shoulders as a platform for higher learning.

Take the following giants that Alexander Velazquez so succinctly defined, for example: “Buddha mapped enlightenment as the nautical ley lines to inner peace. Jesus walked on waves of self-sacrifice and plotted love as a way to helm the soul to salvation. Nietzsche rode against currents of religious piety—and in the face of that behemoth, sailed the breakers of nihilism to eternal joy. King sailed through channels of racial inequality and anchored western culture to paths of desegregation. Malcom challenged legions of racist warships and conquered waters of racial identity and power. Sartre showed us clouds of self-creation and tactical action as the guide to horizons of happiness. Gödel built compasses of mathematical rebellion to defy currents and streams, enabling circumnavigation through new straits. Wittgenstein stripped ships of their excess cargo of intangible and irrelevant philosophy in pursuit of truth. And Jung, by covering the entire ocean of the spirit, drew our first maps of the person. It is in studying carefully these great maps and utilizing their initiatives that we can invent new means and passages to distant frontiers.”

There is a treasure trove of intellectual ballast, philosopher flotsam, and logical counterweights out there to capitalize upon, to stamp with your unique fingerprint and brandish with your own flavor of creativity. God’s debris is literally floating around out there in the ether just waiting for someone who is spiritually audacious enough, with just the right amount of Promethean courage, to take advantage of it for the benefit of us all. The next frontiers of human knowledge await those who are courageous enough to pursue it. Stop worrying about the afterlife. Focus on your now-life. Rationalizing the here-and-now is profoundly more important than worrying about that which cannot even be rationalized. Vivisect the animality of your heart’s presence. Dissect the creaturliness of your minds prescience. Play Doctor Who on your soul’s need to remain pigeonholed. Interrupt. Then erupt. Burst forth from the brambles of your preconditioning. Climb the ladder onto the giant’s shoulder.

Then use audacious fallibilism and courageous self-interrogation to catapult yourself into a whole new arena of intellectual play. The world will thank you for it. And with enduring Namaste, the genius within me will bow humbly to the genius within you.

Read more articles from Gary ‘Z’ McGee.

About the Author

Gary ‘Z’ McGee, a former Navy Intelligence Specialist turned philosopher, is the author of Birthday Suit of God and The Looking Glass Man. His works are inspired by the great philosophers of the ages and his wide awake view of the modern world.

©2015 Waking Times, all rights reserved. For permission to re-print this article contact wakingtimes@gmail.com, or the respective author.

~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with friends and family…

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/03/09/zen-and-the-art-of-standing-on-the-shoulders-of-giants/

29. searcher

30. searcher

*From a time gone by..............

March 22, 2009

The Unclassified Laws of Etiquette

Brett & Kate McKay

[​IMG]

When Kate and I were in Vermont last summer, we stumbled upon a book called Hill’s Manual of Social and Business Forms. It was published in 1880. The book is a hodge podge of information that would be useful to a man of business back in the late 19th Century. There are sections dedicated to penmanship, business letter writing, and the dos and don’t of social and business etiquette. One section in the book is called “Unclassified Laws of Etiquette.” It’s a list of different rules of etiquette that didn’t quite fit under the other specific headings (funeral etiquette, etiquette in the home, ect). While the list was written over 100 years ago and some of the suggestions are a bit archaic and random, the advice is still strikingly resonant. It manages to cover many, many of the gaps in etiquette which have transformed society into a veritable Swiss cheese of incivility. If a man puts these suggestions into practice, he will definitely set himself apart for the other knuckleheads out there trying to land a job or catch the eye of a good looking gal. Looking down the list, I can see several areas were I could use some improvement. Here’s to becoming more refined gentlemen!

• Never exagerate.
    • Never point at another.
    • Never betray a confidence.
    • Never leave home with unkind words.
    • Never neglect to call upon your friends.
    • Never laugh at the misfortunes of others.
    • Never give a promise that you do not fulfill.
    • Never send a present, hoping for one in return.
    • Never speak much of your own performances.
    • Never fail to be punctual at the time appointed.
    • Never make yourself the hero of your own story.
    • Never pick the teeth or clean the nails in company.
    • Never fail to give a polite answer to a civil question.
    • Never question a child about family matters.
    • Never present a gift saying that it is of no use to yourself.
    • Never read letters which you may find addressed to others.
    • Never fail, if a gentleman, of being civil and polite to ladies.
    • Never call attention to the features or form of anyone present.
    • Never refer to a gift you have made, or favor you have rendered.
    • Never associate with bad company. Have good company, or none.
    • Never look over the shoulder of another who is reading or writing.
    • Never appear to notice a scar, deformity, or defect of anyone present.
    • Never arrest the attention of an acquaintance by touch. Speak to him.
    • Never punish your child for a fault to which you are addicted yourself.
    • Never answer questions in general company that have been put to others.
    • Never, when traveling abroad, be over boastful in praise of your own country.
    • Never call a new acquaintance by their first name unless requested.
    • Never lend an article you have borrowed, unless you have permission to do so.
    • Never attempt to draw the attention of the company constantly upon yourself.
    • Never exhibit anger, impatience or excitement, when an accident happens.
    • Never pass between two persons who are talking together, without an apology.
    • Never enter a room noisily; never fail to close the door after you, and never slam it.
    • Never forget that, if you are faithful in a few things, you may be ruler over many.
    • Never exhibit too great familiarity with the new acquaintance, you may give offense.
    • Never will a gentleman allude to conquests which he may have made with ladies.
    • Never be guilty of the contemptible meanness of opening a private letter addressed to another.
    • Never fail to offer the easiest and best seat in the room to an invalid, an elderly person, or a lady.
    • Never neglect to perform the commission which the friend entrusted to you. You must not forget.
    • Never send your guest, who is accustomed to a warm room, off into a cold, damp, spare bed, to sleep.
    • Never enter a room filled with people, without a slight bow to the general company when first entering.
    • Never fail to answer an invitation, either personally or by letter, within a week after the invitation is received.
    • Never accept of favors and hospitality without rendering an exchange of civilities when opportunity offers.
    • Never cross the leg and put one foot in the street-car, or places where it will trouble others when passing by.
    • Never fail to tell the truth. If truthful, you get your reward. You will get your punishment if you deceive.
    • Never borrow money and neglect to pay. If you do, you will soon be known as a person of no business integrity.
    • Never write to another asking for information, or a favor of any kind, without enclosing a postage stamp for the reply.
    • Never fail to say kind and encouraging words to those whom you meet in distress. Your kindness may lift them out of their despair.
    • Never refuse to receive an apology. You may not receive friendship, but courtesy will require, when a apology is offered, that you accept it.
    • Never examine the cards in the card-basket. While they may be exposed in the drawing room, you are not expected to turn them over unless invited to do so.
    • Never, when walking arm in arm with a lady, be continually changing and going to the other side, because of change of corners. It shows too much attention to form.
    • Never insult another with harsh words when applied to for a favor. Kind words do not cost much, and yet they may carry untold happiness to the one to whom they are spoken.
    • Never fail to speak kindly. If a merchant, and you address your clerk; if an overseer, and you address your workman; if in any position where you exercise authority, you show yourself to be a gentleman by your pleasant mode of address.
    • Never attempt to convey the impression that you are a genius, by imitating the faults of distinguished men. Because certain great men were poor penmen, wore long hair, or had other peculiarities, it does not follow that you will be great by imitating their eccentricities.
    • Never give all your pleasant words and smile to strangers. The kindest words and the sweetest smiles should be reserved for home. Home should be our heaven.

“We have careful thought for the stranger,
    And smiles for the sometimes guest;
    But oft for our own the bitter tone,
    Though we love our own the best.
    Ah! lips with the curl impatient-
    ‘Twere a cruel fate were the night too late
    To undo the work of the morn.”

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/03/22/the-unclassified-laws-of-etiquette/

31. searcher

Why You Should Try To Do Simple Rituals Everyday

https://youtu.be/S0svnJaJ3Co

Published on Mar 24, 2015
    Do you do any rituals or practices everyday? This week on These Guys, Joe and Mark discuss the power of doing simple rituals everyday and how they can transform your life!

32. searcher

[h=1]4 Types of People No One Needs in Their Life[/h]
    Posted On 25 Mar 2015
    By : Justin Gammill

A wise man once said “If a man’s wealth is judged by the company he keeps, then I am the richest man I know”. If that is the case, there are some of us who are impoverished. So many times, I have had friends ask me what they should do concerning another person in their life, and my answer is more often than not “get rid of them”. That’s a concept that is much easier said than done in some cases, like when it is a spouse or blood relative, but in reality – you don’t HAVE to keep someone around that is toxic to your life. Most people do it out of guilt, or some warped sense of duty.

Whatever the case may be, the following are some personality types that I personally try and avoid. Now I’ll bet you that you’ll know a person in your life that fits into each of these categories. If not -it might just be you [​IMG]

**Cat People**

No, I don’t literally mean cat owners or people that shape shift into cats, nor do I mean any of the characters from the Thundercats. I’m talking about people that act like cats. Most people would just call this behavior “Passive Aggressive”, but to me it’s a little more than that .

If a cat is mad at you, it doesn’t just come right out and hit you with a flying claw attack, so that you know what it is that you did to upset their furry sensibilities . No, they wait for weeks, stewing in their feline anger, and then turn something you hold dear into a toilet.

If you have a problem with me, or something I do – tell me. That’s the only way to resolve the issue. Don’t skirt around it for extended periods of time, all the while resenting me for something I may or may not even know I did. At least when a cat is pissed about something they’ll poop in a shoe to let you know they are upset.

**Boat Anchor**

This is another personality trait that I bet you have in your life, and it can drive you crazy. Imagine that you and this person are in a boat, and they decide to jump out of the boat. Instead of swimming to save their own lives, they reach out to you to save them, and so you jump in after them. But now they don’t try to help you save them, they just swim for the bottom, dragging you down with them.

There are some people in this life that not only refuse to be happy, they want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. They seek advice, and ignore it. What’s worse, is not only do they typically ignore the advice, they keep doing whatever it is that they asked advice about in the first place.

Boat anchors were made for sinking, and no matter how hard you try to pull them up, they take you down with them. That’s just what they do. Whether for attention, or just to know that there is someone else down in the depths with them.

**Flashlight**

A flashlight in the dark can shed light on what it is that you need to see, which is handy. Unless that flashlight is pointed directly in your face, in which case – it is completely blinding. There are people in your life that keep that flashlight beam directed in your face to keep you from seeing what is actually wrong with them. By pointing out your flaws, and hyper-focusing on you – they hide behind their flashlights.

Whether it is insecurities or jealousy, the focus will never be on them. These people tend to direct their flashlight down at you from whatever pedestal they’ve built for themselves or whatever high horse they might be riding. People that ignore their faults by focusing on yours also have the fun benefit of being extremely defensive when you try to redirect their focus back at them. Sometimes you just need to turn around, and get that light out of your face.

**The Vacuum**

Similar to the boat anchor, the vacuum basically refuses to be happy. To some people the glass is half full. To the vacuum it doesn’t matter that there is a glass, because the glass will always eventually be empty and we are all going to die, and nothing is good in the world.

An interesting aspect of vacuums is that they go out of their way to make sure that everyone around them is as miserable as they are. In most cases, any and all attempts at reversing the vacuum will only intensify it’s effects.

I get it, no one is perfect. As much as I like to think I avoid these types of people, I know that they are in my life – and chances are, they are in your life as well. We can’t always just turn out backs on people, no matter how much it may help us. What we CAN do is try to be the best people we can be, and at least be aware that these people exist, and that it is not our fault. Don’t let cat people poop in your shoe. Don’t let that boat anchor show you the bottom of the lake. Don’t let that flashlight blind you, and don’t let that vacuum suck the joy out of life.

http://www.iheartintelligence.com/2015/03/25/4-types-of-people-no-one-needs-in-their-life/

VeniceBeachBum likes this.
  33. searcher

What You Can Do To Be Change [Special Episode]

https://youtu.be/Pf347I13G8c

Published on Mar 31, 2015
    What can you do to #BeChange? This week on These Guys we do a special episode that you helped unlock through donating to our Charity Water campaign designed to help bring clean water to people who don't have access to it.

34. searcher

WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK?- Episode #9

https://youtu.be/h-z_e0KUAG0

Published on Dec 1, 2014

Who cares what people think?

I used to. Like really, really used to. I used to run myself ragged making sure that every single person I came in contact with thought I was perfect, had it all together, and never made a single mistake. I would filter myself and hold back my true feelings so as not to disrupt the status quo. I would play small and not put myself out there, so I wouldn’t be center stage where I could be judged and criticized. That, became a little exhausting.

My greatest lesson this year has been releasing the NEED TO PLEASE. It’s been amazing! It’s been freeing! It’s been BRUTALLY hard, all at the same time. But I realized that, no matter what we do in life, no matter what we say, no matter how we act. We’re always going to offend or displease SOMEONE. There are 7 Billion people on this planet and there’s no possible way that we can make every single one of them happy.

And, even if we did, it’s pointless because then we’re leading someone else’s view of a “perfect” life. This is YOUR life. If you concern yourself with the “good opinion” of others, or if you worry too much about pleasing the masses, you WILL get a cookie cutter experience that will never truly feel like YOU.

People will hate, people will talk, people will try to push your buttons and bring you down. KEEP GOING. Playing small and holding ourselves back is actually one of the most selfish things we can do. It robs the world of our gifts, our greatness, our potential. We are meant to SHINE. And we’re meant to burn so brightly that we give others the permission to do the same. Remember that behind any judgement is an insecurity in others; so challenge their insecurities by being so sure in who you are and what you’re creating in the world that their judgements are your reminder that you’re on the path that is least traveled. History is made by people who dare to go where no else goes. SHINE ON.

35. searcher

Nobody Gets Out Alive So Just Relax, Laugh, Let Go

Written by Marcus T. Anthony
    on April 5, 2015

[​IMG]

Take a look at this picture. What is wrong with it? It was taken at a Starbucks in Guangzhou, a huge, mad, Bladerunnerish city of ten million Chinese people, about two hours out of downtown Hong Kong.

In case you are wondering, the stuff plastered all over the floor is mostly the frothy bit at the top of a grande latte. Some idiot forgot that he is supposed to keep the rim of the mug reasonably parallel to the lay of the floor, or the coffee initiates evacuation procedures. Maybe gravity is God’s cosmic joke. But it’s not as irritating as the fact that the trail of suspicion in the photo above leads directly to the table at which I’m now seated. I wish the line of questioning could unveil the identity of the person who sat here before me. But alas it is 9:00 am. Sunday. On a long weekend. And almost everyone except me is either too asleep or too hungover to make the coffee shop at this time. What is particularly vexing is that the young woman behind the counter is yet to clean up the mess, despite my apologetic confession, which was really just a pathetic attempt to get her to erase the evidence ASAP.

Life can be annoying. Hell, being human can be exasperating. Sometimes things go the way we plan. We land the job we so desperately seek. We kiss the prom queen. The coffee stays in the mug. But often it doesn’t. The coffee spills. The company doesn’t even bother to get back to us. The prom queen slaps you hard and takes out a restraining order.

We like to imagine that we are in control. People obsess about control. They do anything to maintain it. Or at least the illusion of it. Even people who love to think they are “chilled” are often playing a subtle game of control.

In the news this past week there has been a certain story dominating the headlines. It’s a little too soon after the event to make light of it, but let’s just say that never again will the words “German” and “co-pilot” be uttered in the same sentence without a wave of panic forcing its way upwards from the collective human psyche.

The world is unfeasibly large. Not on a cosmic scale, of course. We are just ants in the greater scheme of things. But the planet is pretty big nonetheless. Tragedy is commonplace. About a million people die every year in car crashes. That’s more than a thousand times more than die in plane crashes. But strangely, almost none of these car accidents makes an international-standard newspaper.

When we get into a car the grim stats rarely worry us. Not even if the driver is German. So why the disparity with the relatively rare phenomenon of plane crashes? I suspect it is simply that when we are seated in a plane we surrender all control to the pilot, the mechanics, and to the laws of physics. In a car, we feel safe because we feel we are the master of our fate, at least to a high degree.

In the end, however, deaths in motor vehicles are relatively common. Even worse, death is universal. Even if you refuse to drive or fly, and live on a diet of organic alfalfa sprouts and sleep in an oxygen tank, the Grip Reaper is eventually going to nab you.

Death is that unwelcome stranger who annoyingly disregards all subtle hints of rejection. No restraining order can keep it at any less temporal distance than, say, eighty years or so. On average. German co-pilots notwithstanding.

Religion is often a narcissistic attempt to magically erase the spectre of death through an elaborate and ultimately hopeless negotiation with the Great Terrorist in the sky. Desperately, through prayer, self-flagellation or suicide missions individuals seek that elusive win-win outcome with the creator. After all, why should only God get immortality? Even some unsatisfying compromise like reincarnation will do.

Anything but ultimate annihilation.

Some of you may know about Stuart Wilde. The most popular article I have ever written was about him. Stuart described himself as the scallywag of the new age movement. Or something like that. And it wasn’t mere PR BS. Here was the one man in the business who really walked his talk. Stuart wrote some great books and was loved by many. However, by all accounts he was a womaniser, worshipped the bottle with unrestrained zest, and enjoyed imbibing mind-altering substances extracted from exotic plant species.

And he was an iconoclast. Stuart Wilde loved tearing down sacred objects and stomping on them, often with alcohol-laiden contempt. The man pissed a lot of people off. Some people hated him. Still do. Take a look. It’s all over the net.

My semi-professional opinion as a self-proclaimed spiritual teacher is that his greatest gift lies not only in his teachings. His metaphysics is a mishmash of brilliant insight coupled with intriguing self-delusion and a healthy dose of snake-oil salesmanship.

No. Stuart Wilde’s greatest legacy lies in his insistence that life need not be taken so seriously. To hell with the love ‘n light. I’m here for a good time, not a long time.

Like I said, he was good for his word.

Most people who subscribe to new age thinking and alternative spirituality do so because they have had a gut full of the rigidity and hypocrisy of organised religion. Yet they often unconsciously deliver that same consciousness upon their “liberated” spirituality. And they take it very seriously. After a while they become overly attached to their ideals and metaphysics. This attachment ultimately metamorphoses into unquestionable dogmas. When contradictory beliefs enter their reality, they immediately feel fear. Then anger. Then they attempt to erase or attack the offending idea.

You may have similar thoughts about this article. Especially if you are German.

This is precisely the mentality which has plagued religion for millennia. It leads to violence, either in the physical world, or at the consciousness level, where our projections play out a game of power and control.

It happens with “science”, too. Take a look at organised skepticism.

There is a way out of this, and it’s quite simple. Take your beliefs lightly. Instead of founding your life on ideals and beliefs, make being present to life the foundation of your spirituality. Then, when you work at the level of mind – socialising with others, creating, working – you can play with your beliefs. You might even like to experiment with them. Like throwing on an Hawaiian shirt, leather pants or a bowler hat at the local op shop. It just might be interesting.

Just don’t believe in your beliefs. Not too much, anyway.

Physicist Neils Bohr once said that the opposite of a profound truth may not be an untruth, but another profound truth.

Complementarity is intolerable to the mind and world of belief. But there is a deeper level within us where paradox can be seen and understood.

Paradox is not so much a violation of universal law as a contradiction to the machinations of the human mind.

When we encounter a differing perspective, it pays to step out of annihilation mode and listen. There just might be something profound we can learn.

There is a price to pay for releasing beliefs. No longer will you be able to live in a world of perfect certainties.

Indeed, not knowing will inform much of your experience. But that naivety restores the playful innocence of the child. It renews the world. A world that you thought you knew, but did not.

Of course, like a plane hurtling earthward at terminal velocity, the initial journey is terrifying, and the overriding resonance is the panic of impending and ultimate annihilation. Well, at least this is what it has been like for me. And there is still part of me that feels this way. I like to call it the “mind.”

Life is uncertain. We don’t know what today will bring, let alone tomorrow. No ceremony, ritual or incantation can lock down the future.

Hey, I’m not saying that the mental level – the human consciousness field and its intentionality – has no bearing upon the unfolding of experience. Nor am I saying beliefs don’t matter. They do.

Yes, intentionality is important, as I’ve outlined pretty clearly in books like Discover Your Soul Template. But I would be lying if I said I believe I can control everything, or even most things. And just as well I can’t, or Adam Sandler would never get another acting gig and no beautiful woman would be safe. But that’s just me.

In the end, we should travel this mysterious journey lightly. Spirituality that is taken very seriously is not actually spirituality. It’s the delusion of control disguised as spirituality. The balancing act lies in befriending and loving the dark and destructive parts of ourselves that tend to become lost in murky shadow. That way our inner German co-pilot stays within our awareness. It becomes liberated from the darkness and moves into the light. We can lighten up and stop being afraid of ourselves. We can stop pretending that only other people experience darkness.

Most of all, we can laugh often and loud, especially about ourselves.

Relax, let go, and have a great time of it today. Let yourself be human for once. You were not put here to be perfect. What attitude could possibly be more restorative?

So stop being so busy. Don’t try so hard. Enjoy a cup of coffee. But mind the gravity. It can be embarrassing.

Cheers,
    Marcus

http://consciouslifenews.com/liberating-inner-german-pilot/1183231/

36. searcher

How Does The Mainstream Decide What We Need To Know?

https://youtu.be/tVDId_1tS4s

Published on Apr 6, 2015
    How does the mainstream media decide what's important for us to know? This week on These Guys, Joe and Mark discuss the mainstream media, it's limitations and what it could look like if stories were different.

37. searcher

Audiobooks for Increasing Energy & Vibrations | Part 3

https://youtu.be/wpzf6cUrJfc

Published on Apr 9, 2015
    Expanding on the Audiobooks for Mental Strength series I'd like to share a few more books which I particularly enjoyed!

[ Related Links ]

Stuart Wilde - Infinite Self
    https://youtu.be/yp4nSodNPlQ (part 1)

Deepak Chopra - Magical Mind, Magical Body
    https://youtu.be/YxcsufHlBrQ (full)

Carlos Castaneda - The Teachings of Don Juan
    https://youtu.be/chf-uJ6Cgd8 (part 1)

William Walker Atkinson - Thought Vibrations
    https://youtu.be/3Yq1TPE23mI (full)

[ Checkout my other related videos ]

Audiobooks for Personal Growth & Mental Strength | Part 1
    http://youtu.be/rhDUhptVIjI

Audiobooks for Mental Strength & Spirituality | Part 2
    http://youtu.be/WzVPY2844EE

How to Control Emotions & The Art of Polarization:
    http://youtu.be/Ef98yE2M17Y

Think Positively and Condition Your Concious Mind to Achieve Your Goals
    http://youtu.be/h8slZf6RtWM

The Song of Ribhu, I Am Brahman - Mantra Download | Universal Flow
    https://youtu.be/Vx8DtF8lz7I

I Try to Stay Healthy but Always Fail | Subscriber Q&A
    http://youtu.be/0OZPf0Sip4k

Reflecting on Life's Patterns to Achieve the Best Foreseeable Outcome
    http://youtu.be/xni3pQrN6K0

Why Do You Train? What is Your Deepest Motivation?
    http://youtu.be/BFtXwT4Dbck

Health Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths - Heal the Body and Mind
    http://youtu.be/v5FDHgcKFVo

The 4 Fundamentals of a Healthy Life
    http://youtu.be/_Vpnhp4S8Cg

38. searcher

Self Betterment - How to BREAK the HATER Cycle

https://youtu.be/IdblnCHOrfE

Published on Apr 10, 2015
    Haters are those that want to stop your success. These are strategies for breaking the cycle.

39. searcher

Become The Cause, Not The Effect

https://youtu.be/0lwF54lkAFc

Published on Apr 14, 2015
    Quick lil discussion on cause and effect. Empower yourself. Be the cause.

40. searcher

20 Traits of TRUE Mental Toughness

Posted On 15 Apr 2015
    By : Justin Gammill

One aspect of life that will always remain a constant is that it will always challenge you. That’s just part of the journey, friends, and if you aren’t tough – life will eat you up. I’m not talking about being physically tough, any ogre can pull that off. I am talking about mental toughness. The traits of your personality that afford for thicker skin and shorter memories, which in my opinion are all you need to get through this life a happy, fulfilled, and well-rounded person.

These are my personal traits of mental toughness that we should all aspire to:

1. Pick your Battles
    Some things in life you’ve just got to let go. If every little stimulus gets your hackles up, then guess what: you spend your life fighting. Even if you happen to be a third-world warlord, constant conflict isn’t something that makes for a productive life.

2. Judge Not, lest you be Judged
    Instead of focusing your magnifying glass on everyone in your life, why not turn it into a mirror? If you want everyone around you to let you be yourself, then let them be themselves.

3. Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help
    Even the mightiest people you’ve even encountered in your life all need help at some point. Superman needed Lois Lane. Batman needed Robin. Bert Needed Ernie. Let go of your pride, and ask for help when you need it.

4. Forgive
    Holding on to grudges is like holding on to poison. Let it go. Forgiveness is the antidote to hate.

5. Accept Criticism
    The second that you think you are above criticism is the second that you quit growing as a person. Growth comes from stripping away your personal preconceptions of yourself just like pruning a tree helps it grow.

6. Give Freely of Yourself
    Life is all about give and take, and I promise you, giving is so much more fulfilling than taking. Would you rather be the source of the water, or the sponge that sucks it up?

7. Be Humble
    As great as you think you are, crushing your ego is the number one way to ground yourself in reality. There is a distinct difference between being proud of an accomplishment, and thinking that you are god’s gift to humanity.

8. Quit Worrying About What is “Fair”
    “Fair” is a purely conditional situation that rarely exists in life. The sooner you realize that nothing about life is “fair” the sooner you’ll readily accept whatever life throws at you.

9. Embrace Change
    Change in growth, and vice versa. Trying to live in a bubble is a sign that you can’t cope with life, because one thing about life is that it will always change.

10. Be Financially Responsible
    This statement in no way mean “be materialistic”. What it does mean is that in life, in modern society, we all have certain financial responsibilities. Yeah, I’d love to waste all of my money on fun gadgets and lego sets, but I have bills to pay.

11. Be patient
    The old cliche that “patience is a virtue” exists because it is true. Anything worth having is worth working for and waiting for. Even diamonds take time.

12. Build Upon Yourself
    Self-improvement isn’t just a section of the bookstore you may or may not venture into. No one comes into this world perfect, and therefore we must build on what we have, and become who we want to be, instead of just expecting it to happen.

13. Take Care of Yourself
    Our health, both mental and physical is a constant struggle. If you are sick all of the time, how can you be expected to face whatever life throws at you?

14. Manage Your Time
    Time should be considered a currency, because it is all we really have on this planet. Dedicating your time to the right pursuits is essential to maintaining a life you want to live.

15. Not Everything is a Crisis
    Again, this falls somewhere between time management and picking your battles. If you consistently make mountains out of mole hills, you lose the ability to focus on what really matters in life.

16. Co-dependence is Weakness
    No one in this life will get you through but you. The more you depend on “crutches” in life, the less able you are to make it through on your own. No matter how much you think someone else will be there to get you through, often the hardest struggles in life are the ones you have to take on by yourself.

17. Take Responsibility for your Life
    Slinging blame around like monkey sling poop is just as effective. This is your time on this planet, so taking ownership of your actions is the only way to truly live YOUR life.

18. Perfection Doesn’t Exist
    Trying to achieve perfection is about as meaningful as trying to catch water with a sieve. Your idea of “perfect” and mine, and everyone else’s for that matter, are completely different. Be happy with who you are, instead of worrying about what is acceptable to anyone else.

19. Know Yourself, Trust Yourself
    I believe in this principle enough to have it tattooed on my wrist. Knowing yourself is what leads to you trusting yourself, But you cannot trust yourself without knowing yourself. It is a cycle.

20. Expect Less
    You’re going to get out of life what you put in to it, and even then – sometimes you get less. Don’t expect life to give you a break, because it won’t. Instead, learn to take what you get and make the best of it.

http://iheartintelligence.com/2015/04/15/true-mental-toughness/