1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Will it go into the 1100s again?

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by Ebie, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

What do you think? (POG that is)

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Maybe yes, maybe no. I use PMs to protect a certain portion of my wealth (such as it is) and I'm pretty close to my goal. One needs to be careful not to over invest in wealth protection as it may be quite a while before you'll need that type of insurance (if at all) and you' don't want to get caught with all your eggs in one basket. I'm not all that concerned about spot prices as I'm in it for the long haul (which for me ain't all that long) :oriental:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Merlin likes this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

My PMs are insurance. Just as one insures his house and doesn't complain if the house never burns, I'm not constantly checking spot prices on treasures I will hopefully leave behind when I die. Gold is already down; another 100 won't bother me cause mine isn't for sale :)

4. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

"I use PMs to protect a certain portion of my wealth"
    And what to protect the rest of it?
    FRNs in a checking account?
    Farmland?

5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Doesn't matter if it dips intraday. It looks like we are bouncing around on the bottom here. Great time to average down or start purchasing now.

6. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Jim Willie likes silver to the tune of about 80% with the rest in gold. He doesn't like farmland cuz it's in a bubble and you might find that yer wells end up being polluted by nearby fracking. Billionaire Eric Sprott said he was 80% in silver (maybe including shares and miners). Bob Chapman--remember him?--was 80:20 gold to silver and moved to 50:50 a year before he died. Coincidence?

We will all have to wait it out.

SC