1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

William Shatner: Science is Science Fiction

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by BarnacleBob, Aug 6, 2017.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

To friggin funny....

2. BarnacleBob

Shatner talk begins @ around 1:40 mins..

3. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Either the audio is horrible or I need new speakers.

Bill will always be James T. Kirk to me!

Son of Gloin likes this.
  4. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Now that is a great analytical review of the cosmo-politains.

I have a theory of time; ready?

Time is linked to gravity. With both of these concepts there is no proof they exist yet people say they do. Now they say we can go backwards and forwards in time but I think not. If I am to believe in time then I chose to believe that time broke. The time we live in is moving forward and the other time is moving towards the past. The time that is moving towards the past is dark and we cannot see it but we know through the concept of gravity and the rotation of galaxy's that it is there. The time that is moving forward accumulates mass as we see in points of reference to suns, galaxies and planets. It is the concept of gravity or the pressure of the past moving time that holds us on this planet.

I think black holes are evaporation points and suns are expansion points. The reason I think black holes are evaporation points is because when light cone "or Photon" gets close to a theoretical black hole it tips and bends and red shifts. If you watch Lenard of MIT fame do his diagram of said light cone, you can see how he uses the math to show the photon bend and somehow disappear into the black hole. But if the photon changes the conservation of mass is adhered to.

Now for desert: I think that at one time "time" itself was past/present/future combined as a whole. I think that when time broke that there appeared everything we see today, so consequently there is no need for a big bang, no need for a condensed point of reference of all matter in the universe.

I have tried to get an answer for my thinking but all I get back is crickets, oh and a few croaking frogs also.

5. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    When Shatner was Captain Kirk, he was cool as hell. Him and Spock and McCoy, Scotty too, great show. I always thought he was funny as hell, too. Watch Boston Legal, sometime, if you haven't seen it already. There's also a comical little documentary he did called How William Shatner created the Future, or something like that. He explains how, because of Star Trek, we have cell phones (which is actually true), among other things. Shatner, one of the most fun actors of all time.

It was called 'How William Shatner Changed the World.'

6. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

May I suggest that you've received nothing but crickets is either because your theory is so strange, it takes time to digest
    or
    You're wrong

IDK which would be correct but, I'm considering it even if I'm not sure why other than the fact you mentioned it

It does seem as plausible as the Big Bang theory which doesn't really seem plausible at all, at least to me

I took over 10 minutes before I posted this
    my analysis regarding your theory is no more nonsensical than yours so, I'll go with it, why not

what's it called exactly?

7. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Oh, you must be talking to Mike. I thought you were referring to the OP, at first.

8. Buck

May I suggest that you've received nothing but crickets is either because your theory is so strange, it takes time to digest
    or
    You're wrong

IDK which would be correct but, I'm considering it even if I'm not sure why other than the fact you mentioned it

It does seem as plausible as the Big Bang theory which doesn't really seem plausible at all, at least to me

I took over 10 minutes before I posted this
    my analysis regarding your theory is no more nonsensical than yours so, I'll go with it, why not

what's it called exactly?

9. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ok. So "let's git jiggy wid it"!

Now let's look at gravity. It is considered to be it's own type of force, unique and different compared to the other powers of the universe.

What if gravity is something else?

The following videos are "just a little something to chew on". You'll notice by the dates that work has progressed slowly but observations are being made, hypothesis is being developed, tested and theories being formed. Videos will be split between 3 hopefully successive posts:

Son of Gloin likes this.
  10. Alton

More gravity related vids:

Son of Gloin likes this.
  11. Alton

Last one...really!

12. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

SIX movies!?
    I'm goin with michael's explanation.

BF

michael59 likes this.
  13. michael59

20 years logging
    I call it "I am stupefied." nothing they say makes sense. Sure like the William said "Science is Science Fiction."

I can go with that. Hey look it's better than Allen Alda hosting a bunch of guys who want to show their underwares . The William has got it going on.

14. Juristic Person

Juristic Person They drew first blood Platinum Bling

Gravity is science fiction....unless you think we live on a spinning ball in the vacuum of space. ;)

michael59 and Alton like this.
  15. Buck

The "I am Stupefied" theory of the universe as it relates to gravity and time :2 thumbs up:

Nice, it kinda rolls off the tongue, out the mouth and onto the floor and that's good because that's where my dog sleeps and I'm going to go wake him up, see if he can explain things from his perspective

I'll be standing by but six videos are just too much for my dog to review, I'm only going to recommend he watch 3 then get back to me:dog:

michael59 likes this.
  16. Alton

Yes, 6 videos at an average 12 minutes each. Not too bad really when you consider the CENTURIES of Newtonian physics. Oh! And just to poke y'all some more this is just the beginning!

If you absolutely have to have the Reader's Digest version here it is:

Gravity does NOT exist as a separate force. Rather it is a more like a residual magnetism within and beyond the primary magnetic fields of planets, moons and stars. It's force is extremely weak and it plays little to no role at all in the formation of planets, moons, solar systems or galaxies. Rather it is the remnant energy of the formation of these celestial objects embodied in the materials of their creation.

Magnet fields, whether strong or weak CANNOT exist without there FIRST having been an electric current having moved through or around and object. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with static electricity. A creek, a stream, a river are all called such because they have current. They are in motion. They flow. Electricity also has current. It, too, flows. As it flows it charges objects and leaves behind that charge which produces a magnetic field in and upon those objects made of materials that can be magnetized and support a magnetic field. Human science and technology prove daily that some materials are quite a bit better at supporting and retaining a magnetic field than other materials. Nevertheless, at some level all materials and therefore ALL elements including those that humans recognize as having a fundamental state of existence as a gas or a liquid have an electric charge and at some speed allow a flow of electricity which gives that element or material it's physical form and properties. Magnetism is essentially the force of order produced as charges align themselves into material. Remember, it is said that "opposites attract". This is precisely because opposite charges attract to form material order. This is fundamental to ALL material reality throughout the universe and is wholly scalable from the the size of a quantum particle to the size of the universe. To put it in symbolic form the whole universe aligns like this:+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Gravity is the space and power between each + and - that holds each + and - in order. For the computer geeks this is the fundamental binary order of the universe. For the religionists this is the fundamental yin and yang of the universe

The role of gravity as a force in the universe is quite minuscule compared to the far more powerful fundamental forces of the universe like electricity which is 39 orders of magnitude more powerful than gravity. Nevertheless, gravity provides the fundamental charge order of the universe.

To put it in a simple sentence gravity is a nano-magnetism. It works at the nanoscale and is fundamental to all particles throughout the universe.

17. Bottom Feeder

No, not binary, it's octal, with three orders in the universe, referred to as Trinity; The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This allows seven states to exist (000 - 111) of which we have only discovered four (Weak nuclear force, strong nuclear force, electromagnetism, and gravitation).

There's a lot more going on than our limited understanding can comprehend.
    Look how long it took us to figure out the Earth was going around the sun, not vice-versa.

BF

18. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Are you using common core math, because it's more like 19 minutes/video. Those 4 minutes are deal breakers, man. lol

Alton likes this.
  19. michael59

20 years logging
    The earth goes around the sun?

Anywhoo, I am a Boltzmann fan always have been.

20. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser

21. chrisflhtc

chrisflhtc Site Supporter Site Supporter

michael59 and Son of Gloin like this.
  22. keef

Retired Hoser
    The orginal 1960s, "Rocket Man". Flying high, chasing green woman, drinking that purple stuff Spock kept in his locker.. Oh,,,, Yeah.

[​IMG]How does a show this good EVER get cancelled????

the_shootist and Son of Gloin like this.
  23. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That was awful. Still love Bill, though.

the_shootist likes this.
  24. chrisflhtc

chrisflhtc Site Supporter Site Supporter

it may be marginally better than spocks "if I had a hammer"

Son of Gloin likes this.
  25. keef

Retired Hoser
    Man..... Sorry if I
    m off topic. but,what were we discussing agin?

26. Bottom Feeder

Rocket Fuel

keef likes this.
  27. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Rocket fuel, gravity, Billy Shatner and hot green chicks.

keef likes this.
  28. BarnacleBob

NASA’s Orion Engineer Admits They Can’t Get Past Van Allen Radiation Belts
    march 16 2015

‘If this does not get the skeptics going wild on the moon debate, we don’t know what will.

In the video presentation above, NASA engineer Kelly Smith explains about many of the risks and pitfalls surrounding the new Orion Deep Space Mission to the planet Mars.

Surprisingly, chief among Kelly’s concerns is whether or not his spacecraft can successfully pass through the perilous Van Allen Radiation Belts. Such is the prospective danger in fact, that NASA will have to send a dumbie craft first in order to ‘test out’ what the potential radiation effects will be on future human crews, as well as on the ship’s delicate sensors and equipment.’

http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/03/1...diation-belts/

29. michael59

20 years logging
    Well, well, well The Van Allen Belts......hum that is a good point of Why can't we use the existing technology of the 60's? I am starting to really think we did not go to the moon. I kind of noticed they didn't talk about the precious cargo till the presentation was on reinterring the atmosphere. Conveniently left out talk about radiation shielding for the astro-knots but definitely made mention of shielding for the equipment.

Makes me want to watch that movie about the moon shot again. You know the one where they got que-brick to fake the moon shot? Forgot the name, sure was funny though.

30. Joe King

They are using, and building upon, the technology that was used in the '60's.
    ...but if it were you that was going to ride on it, wouldn't you want to at least test it first just make sure everything works as planned?

As far as I can recall, every manned system was first flown and tested without people on board. Why would anyone think Orion would be any different?

31. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Notice how when man supposedly had the galaxies to explore and inhabit TPTB suddenly went death cult. Overpopulation, small families, abortion, too many people, etc....

We didn't and are not getting off this planet.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Son of Gloin and BarnacleBob like this.
  32. BarnacleBob

According to NASA's "off-ish-ull" explaination of the Apollo missions, the astronauts detoured & flew flew thru the lowest radiation parts of the belts. Alas but yet they really didnt scientifically & technically know much about the belts in that era.

OoOops, the VAB are a real challenge to the conventional moon landing myth... to everyone except the true believers. I want to believe it, but almost everything else from the period is a lie, therefore this one has a high probability of being a lie too... The moon missions were the apex of mans technological prowess, yet NASA just somehow lost most of the verifiable data such as the telemetry data, etc... DATA that today can be easily checked for accuracy with modern computers... and it just somehow dissappeared!

"The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed"

NASA's Van Allen probes catch rare glimpse of supercharged radiation belt

"We study radiation belts because they pose a hazard to spacecraft and astronauts," said David Sibeck, the Van Allen Probes mission scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, who was not involved with the paper. "If you knew how bad the radiation could get, you would build a better spacecraft to accommodate that."

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-08/nsfc-nva081516.php

NASA's Van Allen Probes Spot an Impenetrable Barrier in Space

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/van-allen-probes-spot-impenetrable-barrier-in-space

How NASA Got Apollo Astronauts Through the Dangerous Van Allen Belts
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/a24678/nasa-van-allen-belts-explainer/

the_shootist and Mr Paradise like this.
  33. keef

Retired Hoser
    Scotty? I don't recognize this thread? Where the hell did Sulu send us now?

"I think they speak Duetch, Captain Hedge."

"Ok,, ok,, wtf, put it up on the big flatscreen so we can pretend to watch, Checkov..."

Vollig Losgelost! Saturn V! Designed by Nazi genius Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) yeah, whatever.

"But does if fly, Dr. von Braun?"

upload_2017-8-10_10-58-6.jpeg "Well, only one vay to find out, space cadet Keef." upload_2017-8-10_10-59-28.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  34. Juristic Person

Juristic Person They drew first blood Platinum Bling

We 100% DID NOT go to the moon.

BarnacleBob and Mr Paradise like this.
  35. keef

Retired Hoser
    I didn't go personally (couldn't pass the physical), but my x sure did.

She took the 'Cramden Express Bus'. Ralphy drove.. whistle:

Mr Paradise likes this.
  36. Joe King

What makes you so sure about it?

37. keef

Retired Hoser
    Did you go? NO, neither did I. That's 100% right there buddy. Poll some more random posters on the NET, we need PROOF.

(Ok, this is a joke/sarcasm. How can anyone be serious on a Star Trek thread is beyond me. It makes me weep for our nation as a whole.)

And why would you even want to go? Is there a McDonalds up there that takes coupons? To get away from your annoying neighbors? Collect dust?

fg it. Bring on the green alien girls and Spock with his harp. I'm outtie.

eeeeee, gads. Even a buzz kill with elf ears like Spock knows how to hit on the ladies...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  38. Alton

Need a mind meld there keef?

39. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Netflix has the movie Capricorn One listed under documentaries.

40. keef

Retired Hoser
    Not down with the mind meld bro. It's hard enough just reading some of these posts without probing whats behind all this jibber jabber. Naaaaa.. Well, maybe uhura?

upload_2017-8-12_11-30-26.jpeg We could do some melding. cool:

Alton and Son of Gloin like this.