1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

WINNING LOTTERY BALL APPEARS BEFORE ITS DRAWN

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by BarnacleBob, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    All the folks that plop down their hard earned cash for lottery tickets deserve what they get. I say this is great. Keep 'betting' my friends....just don't use my money to do it!

gringott likes this.
  3. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Just a small glitch that few even noticed.:thinkey:thumb.aspx::s13::

Soon there will be a GLITCH that they will notice --- when they loose 40+% of there dollars in bank accounts!:36_1_25: :thumb.aspx: :bawling:

the DUCK :s11:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  4. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Can't happen soon enough for me. The only thing that will wake up America is PAIN!

Canadian-guerilla likes this.
  5. pre-64'

pre-64' Slaying Debt for Gold Gold Chaser

The House ALWAYS wins.

Aurumag, searcher and michael59 like this.
  6. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

It's crooked just like H Clinton and J Bush giving speeches together at FIU this week.

7. Juristic Person

Juristic Person They drew first blood Platinum Bling

Hang tight boys. I'm sure Alric has a perfectly reasonable explanation for this....

Unca Walt, Ensoniq and TAEZZAR like this.
  8. smilershouse

smilershouse Gold Member Gold Chaser

The lotto can be fixed very easily. Just one iron filing painted onto a ping-pong call and an electronic magnet .......Done.

Even charitable lotto is becoming fixed. here in Au 20 years ago there was never a roll over when population was just 15 million, just a weekly win of 2.5-3 million $. Fast forward 20 years, population 25 million and we have $21 Million roll overs......And this week with 21 million, we have a sudden 17 winners..............Go figure

SH

earplugs likes this.
  9. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-drawn-machine-sparking-accusations-fix.html

This is one of the comments.

10. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

nice building 7 tie in

11. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

I was just about to say that. It is entirely reasonable that a person could mistake a 1 for 7. They are fairly similar.

12. Juristic Person

Juristic Person They drew first blood Platinum Bling

True...but then the 21 miraculously pops up right AFTER it's been called? The odds are slim.

13. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    if it was rigged, why would they fuck it up like that? whats the point?

im thinking the audio and video are not synced.

14. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    The 27 ball came up then the 21 number came up at the bottom. Look more closely and ask yourself what's wrong with this. Pay particular attention to the sequencing

15. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

The odds are slim but still very possible. I am not sure how many balls they had in there, but it didn't look like it was 99, since all the numbers seemed kind of low. Lets say it went up to 40 though. In that case, 40 subtracting the first 4 numbers already drawn is 36. So 1 in 36 odds. The same chances of rolling double 6's on a pair of dice. Even if there was 99 numbers, that would still give you higher than 1 percent chance.

You wouldn't want to bet on a 1% chance, but given the numbers of lotteries there are in the world, weird coincidences are bound to happen now and then.

16. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

On April 24, 1980 member of the Pennsylvania lottery rigged the draw three game. As the name implies, three digits are drawn and tickets that match those tree numbers win. You can play straight, pick 123 and you win ONLY if the numbers are drawn in that exact order. Or you can choose a mix option - mix meaning you win with 123,132, 213, 231, 312 or 312

Staffers injected latex paint into the ping pong balls numbered 1,2,3,5,7,8,9 and 0 as to give the number 4 and number 6 ball the only opportunity to be drawn. That meant the only possible winning combinations of numbers for that night's drawing would be reduced to eight: 444, 446, 464, 466, 644, 646, 664, and 666

earplugs likes this.
  17. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    But why would the TV host be on on it?

18. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    She wasn't. Did you see her look over for help? She saw the numbers come up wrong and she didn't know what to do. This is pointed out in the video

19. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Don't forget that a legal mafia took the "numbers game" from an illegal mafia
    and created a new legal numbers game called "Lotto".
    I think it is actually a tax on welfare benefits, 'cause they are the ones that play the most.

GOLDZILLA likes this.
  20. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

I noticed a long time ago, that when the ball comes up, you can't actually see it being sucked up a tube or anything, it just appears, as if it comes from the back of the machine, which is probably exactly how it happens. Notice in the video, right before a ball is "chosen" they are all spinning in a tight sphere, right in front of where you should see the ball come up. They are actually blocking the view, or providing cover for the "Fix".

21. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    " games, give them games "

22. techguy2

techguy2 Meh Gold Chaser

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. No major conspiracy.. It's simple, the show wasn't live.

The guy adding in the graphics and captions knew the numbers ahead of time because he was viewing after the fact.

D-FENZ and CopperSilverGold like this.
  23. Brio

Brio Midas Member Midas Member

When I worked at the beer store we sold lottery tickets. I often heard "You can't win if you don't buy" my standard reply was "You can't lose if you don't buy".

TAEZZAR and GOLDZILLA like this.
  24. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

That was Serbia.
    Could not happen here...right?

25. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

It's probably not that common; insider activity would be fairly clear. Plus with the blithering idiots who win hard to imagine any conspiracy.

D-FENZ likes this.
  26. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

This doesn't happen very often but I have to say I'm with Yabbit on this one. I would think it is much easier to manipulate a video on LiveLeak than to manipulate the lottery machine. And the tie-in with the 911 conspiracy stuff would reinforce my suspicions.

And you have to follow the money. I've seen the ne'er-do-wells that win the lottery. Those people aren't connected and barely have enough money to buy a ticket, let alone bribe someone to come up with their numbers. And if you were going to manipulate the lottery, it would be much, much easier to post-date a winning ticket for example.

The state already gets their cut from this boredom tax before the numbers are even drawn.

Unca Walt and Ebie like this.
  27. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    The bottom line is, if you're comfortable enough with the honesty and integrity of the government run lottery systems across the country, by all means play. It's your money and if you're happy laying it on the line in hopes of hitting it big no one should be able to stop you

28. techguy2

techguy2 Meh Gold Chaser

Lotto is generally a tax on the stupid. Gotta be a way to get tax money from those the progressive tax code says are too poor to pay income taxes...

LOTTO, the biggest stealth tax on the poor. Honestly, I find it a very cynical tax at that.

Unca Walt and the_shootist like this.
  29. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    For those of you who say noway...? Here in corporate the sate loto only gets to 12m yep justgets thagdzv....dagnabit....

K,....gerrrrr..... state loto only gets as high as 12m......yep...... i will say rigged...
    Asa

Ok......and i approve of all the sintax erros......and if you try to collect, well you will just make my dreary day better...

30. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant
    Lotto is another name for "idiot tax"......

31. SongSungAU

SongSungAU Midas Member Midas Member

I questioned whether that really happened also. Went looking for other sources. Multiple reports in the media about it. Here's one:

Serbian lottery probed after winning number shown before draw
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33746126

solarion likes this.
  32. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

Reasonable deduction, but apparently not the case.

From SongSungAU's posted link:

Just say no seems to be the best policy. See...the "war on drugs" has been useful for something.

33. sandblaster

sandblaster Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

I don't think they are rigged. Back in the 90's we had a game called Quinto and my SIL hit it for 2.4mil. What I didn't know was that within 24hrs. she became an Einstein. With her newfound wealth and smarts she was able to turn 2.4mil into $0 in less than five years. Just went back to work like nothing ever happend.

Mujahideen likes this.
  34. rte

rte Silver Member Silver Miner

Follow the money.
    Did anyone profit big from those numbers?

35. techguy2

techguy2 Meh Gold Chaser

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...rtly_broadcast_on_live_tv_before_random_draw/

Aleksandar Vulovic, czar of the Serbian state lottery, has resigned from his position after winning numbers were mysteriously broadcast on television before they had been drawn.

Allegations of fraud abound on every hand following the incident, reports the Associated Press.

In what was presented to the public as a live broadcast on Tuesday evening, one of the numbers in the winning combination was revealed before the number appeared to be drawn.

"That sparked accusations that the numbers had been chosen in advance," according to AP.

Vulovic has denied there was any dodginess and explained that the incident was due to a "technical mistake".

He added that he was stepping down from his position, not out of guilt, but out of "moral obligation".

"The draw was completely in accordance with the rules and the company abides by the law," the lottery company said in a statement.

According to the AP, the Serbian rozzers have claimed that lottery employees who worked during the draw will have to undergo a lie detector test as the incident is investigated.

Computers and other equipment have been impounded, while six people have been questioned regarding the scandal.

AP reports:

"The lottery is very popular in Serbia, a Balkan country with a poor economy and widespread corruption." ®