1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

1. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Stamped concrete....

andial, BigJim#1-8 and Lt Dan like this.
  2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Considered, but remember young sexy woman will be using this shower so we need a more beguiling look.

3. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Exposed aggregate it is. Lets get her a little jiggle in her step.

stonedywankanobe and Lt Dan like this.
  4. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Stamped concrete can look both sexy and beguiling...

image.jpg

5. andial

IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0805.JPG Some ideas.

6. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

In this instance, the A Horizon (topsoil) is about 2' deep. Prior to artificial drainage, it was a natural swale that moved water from the small marsh upstream to where it flowed into a lake downstream. These hydric (wetland) soils are deep and rich, why they were drained for agricultural purposes about a century ago.

Tile depth depends on the local topography. Generally, in wetlands they were intended to drain they are laid on top of the C Horizon (heavy, impermeable clay in this area). Depth from the drained wetlands to the exit point varies, but usually not more than a few feet if the landscape is relatively flat. Pitch and elevations that support positive drainage really determine this.

A couple of interesting tidbits if I may. A previous project involved disabling a tile line that originated in a natural pond in the middle of a woods that was drained to a river. There was a ridge of outwash sediment deposited between the pond and river during the last ice age, and it took every foot of a full size excavator arm to dig down ~15 feet. Another project was disabling tile lines that were hand dug and installed by German WWI prisoners...talk about chain gang labor.

7. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Mirrors all around.

stonedywankanobe, Lt Dan and andial like this.
  8. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I like the first one; black and white with the river pebble floor.

BF

spinalcracker, Lt Dan and andial like this.
  9. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Testing

Lt Dan likes this.
  10. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

................ aarock.gif

rs1.jpg rs2.jpg
    rs3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  11. Bottom Feeder

Say, uh, Irons, does that trail cam have a flash on it? How can you set it if it does? I mean like; auto, always, never for flash.

BF

12. Irons

No flash it's black infrared. It switches it's self to black and white pictures after dark and color during the day.
    You can still buy basic trail cameras that flash but nowadays most don't. I don't think you can shut the flash off.
    The early IR cameras would twinkle a little when they went off but that Spypoint and my other Moultrie camera does nothing you or animals can see.

If you want to put a IR camera in your yard nobody would know they were getting their picture taken.

13. Bottom Feeder

Tnx for the reply, Irons. I'm looking into a camera like this to augment my video security system (see my posts: security cams and security computer).
    No need to warn some perp that he's being photographed — I got signs telling them that. :D

BF

stonedywankanobe, Lt Dan and Irons like this.
  14. Irons

Moultrie is the most solid performing IR cameras I have used. This Spypoint is OK but it misses a lot and it's shutter speed is slow, that's why I have it pointed up a two track. I bought a second Spypoint and the fecker died in one season so I won't be buying any more of them.

I take dead trail cameras and put them in places people easily see them. I make sure they stay clean and in the winter I make tracks in the snow to them so they look like they are tended regularly. Then I put a hidden live camera overseeing the dead one. I have had people pull into the driveway at my cabin, spot the dead decoy camera and back right out again in a hurry.

.:2 thumbs up:

15. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

It didnt work

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  16. hammerhead

Been working. Repainting a neglected apartment is not worthy of bragging about. Hey up, stonedy.

Lt Dan, stonedywankanobe and smooth like this.
  17. stonedywankanobe

Sup Hammers, and the rest of you sirs.

Ole pops and me have been hard at it lately with more work than we know what to do with. Was gonna post yesterday but had some issues with this phone not uploading pictures.

Hoping all of you feckin feckers are living well and doing fine. Aside from being as busy as ever, life became moar interesting when my step daughter flipped out and kicked Donnie out while he was having a second brain surgery. We moved him in with us and the gf takes him to his radiation treatments near daily it seems for going on three weeks now.

He's doing as well as can be expected. Lost some vision in the right eye and most of his hearing on that side but he's determined to persevere, all he wants is a new pair of boots, a dead buck deer and to get back to work.

On that note back to work it is.

Side job here putting up a lean to on a place we did some work in a year or so back.

Got little bro off the couch to help us on this before he said...

IMG_0089.JPG

He was good help for 3 days. Suffers from diverticulitis most of the time, poor fella.

Found myself in need of some double cut shears for the metal roof and picked up a pair of these.

IMG_0103.JPG

18v Milwaukee, I've never had it so easy up there. Got those at Ridout lumber, bought the demo model and paid less than the corded version cost.

On the front I used them to cut my horizontal line for wall to roof flashing. The double cut removes 1/4 inch of material giving me the perfect gap to slide those 10 foot sticks in. It paid for itself on that job imho.

18. JayDubya

Good to see you back.

19. stonedywankanobe

Thanks Dubs, your saying it means a lot Mr. Really does.

We have a contact in Little Rock doing what he, and now we, like to call "turd polishing", on the north side of the river. A lot, of commas, will try to use less,

Anyhow, everything we do for this guy is a pain in the two hole but he always has something for us on the weekends lately.

Doing some soffit repairs here and had a holly bush and gutter to contend with.
    IMG_0104.JPG

Worked ok, couldn't totally avoid the bush.
    Stuff like that eveytime for this guy.

20. JayDubya

As long as his checks clear I'd keep doing those piddly jobs.

21. andial

Nice cuttng tool Will never saw it before.

Lt Dan and stonedywankanobe like this.
  22. stonedywankanobe

Yea it's nice have that side action, he's a great dude pays in long wheel based tens Dubby.

So this is my current main gig. Peer and beam home with wood porches, close to 3k under roof.

IMG_0108.JPG

Pops giving it the ole, tired, wore out eagle eye.

Used advantec 3/4 flooring. Picked up the air powered glue gun to try out on this project. It's fantastic for something like this. Unbelievable almost vs being bent down with a hand gun.

IMG_0113.JPG

23. hammerhead

You're getting all high tech, wanka. Money invested in the right tool is money in the pocket down the road. Where I live seems to be the last place to catch on. Back in 1984 when I started building I was working in Florida. The crew I was with used air nailers. (First day using one I shot me self in the thumb putting nailing blocks between ceiling joists. Safety was pressed against joist but nail exits below safety. Just before I pulled the trigger I heard Boss yell no. Too late. Right in the thumb.) Sorry about the side tracking. When I moved back here, ain't no one ever heard of no stinking air guns. Took me awhile to hand bang that first floor carrier.

24. andial

Clean work, Again nice glue gun Will another new tool. You 39 year olds crack me up.

25. hammerhead

They may be able to stand upright when they get our age.

JayDubya, davycoppitt, smooth and 3 others like this.
  26. stonedywankanobe

Dead serious Dialbro. Once I got the pressure and bead right, I cracked up laughing telling pops "are you seeing this shit"! Smiled and giggled for five minutes guaranteed. Then stuff got serious again.

IMG_0114.JPG

Getting the porches preped, setting up the sectional style again on this. At this point pop and kevo got to work on building walls and I got the 5/4 premium project, for better or worse, to myself.
    IMG_0119.JPG

Set up table for me chop box next to the stack so me could sling that stuff around and have dust flyin everwheres ass.

That was Friday there finished the front Saturday and started the back porch today but didn't get a pic.

IMG_0121.JPG

Edit: Those saw horses I did not build, was kev's first set. He monkey fucked em pretty good, was funny to watch.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  27. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    I like the deck pattern.

andial and stonedywankanobe like this.
  28. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Gold Pirate Gold Chaser

disabled veteran
    Same brand as mine, except mine has a cord, which is always getting almost cut or not quite long enough. Great work saver for anyone does much metal work.

29. Bottom Feeder

Hey, stonedy, good to see ya postin again.
    Gave me a bit of a chuckle there with the work on the soffit. Wait, you using an extension cord to tie back that tree? :p:D:D:p

BF

stonedywankanobe, Zed and andial like this.
  30. stonedywankanobe

Not a lot of interesting happenings last week. I did finish both porches Tuesday. We got all the beams set and joisted out, used the ole cat on the heavy stuff.
    IMG_0126.JPG

Notched the post to accept the lvl on the front and back porch then boomed that sucker up.

IMG_0131.JPG

Super nice having equipment on stuff like this when your short handed. We don't take it for granted and use that thing everywhere moving stuff and putting things where need to be.

Aftermath of the post notching here. We call this eatin it.

IMG_0130.JPG

Is good for you!

31. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    sounds like myself .........i have had real good luck with the small cheap bushnell cameras marketed as security cameras (about 50$ each) but same thing as a trail camera..........i had a senior moment a couple of years ago and forgot where i had put one in the woods...found it a year later when i hunted that tree stand ...STILL WORKING and taking pictures.....it went over a full year on 4 aa lithium batteries ......was intresting to watch a full year of pictures............also i have a lot of the old early big moltrie cameras i put them out as fakes and the little ones to actually do the monitoring

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 12:45 AM
  32. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

Ready to pour 002.JPG Pole barn 003.JPG Log Cabin 002.JPG Log Cabin 007.JPG 20171020_103034.jpg I've been working on my latest shack since spring thaw. I'm doing the plumbing, electrical, solar, excavation and architectural work myself, younger men doing the real work. Pole barn siding is local rough sawn board and batten. The logs are being done at the log yard, then will get disassembled and hauled to my foundation in a week or two.

davycoppitt, andial, smooth and 9 others like this.
  33. Irons

Beautiful setting too, Congrats!

34. hoarder

They removed the top two courses of logs, set them up on the ground and built the roof system on top. I guess it's easier for them to do it that way. The log truss supports the roof over the front overhang. 20171114_145241.jpg GBY2EUR8.jpg 4KTQBUOG.jpg 20171115_162652.jpg

35. Irons

Damn Hoarder that house is going to be gorgeous man. Kudos to you for doing what it takes to make a project like that happen.
    With all of the things involved and all the steps that you have to make happen at the right time it seems like the actual building is the easy part!

.:2 thumbs up:

hoarder and stonedywankanobe like this.
  36. hoarder

Don't give me more credit for timing than I deserve.
    They started on the log package in May and said it was going to take 8 weeks to complete in their yard. I rushed like crazy to get the foundation done. When Montana went up in flames, all the log peelers quit and went to work as firefighters, which is easier and pays much better. The two guys doing the log work are 55 and 72 years old, and no amount of coercion would get them to finish peeling the logs, so it just sat there for months. When they bring the logs to my place, the crane will have to chain up to make it up my icy driveway and they'll be working in freezing weather and snow. But that's just typical homebuilding in Montana.

37. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

006.JPG

Controlled burn of a sandy dune-and-swale prairie/wetland/savanna complex. Lake Michigan is less than a mile downwind, beyond the Black Oaks well into the background.

38. andial

Looks dry there.

39. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Spent all summer in the dirt. Now there is a beeeg giant slab covering the whole area from the forms in the back to the right side of the picture.
    Hut is in the middle and some prefab engineered data center hootie dotters ( I.E. prima donna supplied stuff ) were set on the slab over our stub ups and a 1Mwat generator.
    Starting phase 2 hopefully after start up of this one, going on now, early next year.
    Awesome thread this one. 07-25-17.jpg
    IMG_0034 (002).jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 12:17 PM
  40. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Edit to add:
    Set the prefab modules on our junk in the open yard.
    Not a whole lotta wiggle room.
    And viola' ! , instant data center after the prima donnas fly in and do their thing.
    Customer " thinks " that all of this stuff is cheaper than the stand alone building concept.
    Jury still out.
    Regards to all.

20171026_104815.jpg 20171026_095524.jpg