1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Wray: No ‘whiff of interference’ with Trump-Russia probe

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Goldhedge, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Just like he said... "That Russia thing? There's nothing there..."

Wray: No ‘whiff of interference’ with Trump-Russia probe

By JOSH GERSTEIN

09/07/2017 01:56 PM EDT

Updated 09/07/2017 03:55 PM EDT

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Thursday that he has not picked up any indication that either President Donald Trump or the White House is seeking to interfere with the ongoing probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“I can say very confidently that I have not detected any whiff of interference with that investigation,” Wray said during an intelligence-focused conference in Washington.

Wray stressed that the probe is being directed by special counsel Robert Mueller, a former FBI director who was appointed in May to take over the inquiry.

“I have enormous respect for former Director Mueller, who I got to work with almost daily in the early 2000s, as a consummate professional,” Wray added. “He’s really running that investigation.”

While Trump and his political allies have repeatedly sought to raise doubts about the impartiality of Mueller and his top aides, Wray said he has no such worries.

“There’s a great group of people working on it, and I have confidence in them to be able to do their job,” added Wray, in his first public remarks since being sworn in as FBI chief just over a month ago.

Trump nominated Wray in June following a tumultuous search process set in motion by Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey. White House officials initially attributed the firing to Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email account, but Trump later acknowledged that the dismissal was due at least in part to Comey’s conduct of the Russia-focused probe.

Wray’s comments on the Russia investigation came in response to questions from Washington Post columnist David Ignatius as he moderated a panel discussion at the Intelligence and National Security Summit.

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    They will continue playing the same song for the next three and a half years. It's what they do and they're very very good at it. We sit by and allow it so the fault is ours, not theirs!