1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

ZQ1 .308 Ammo from Walmart

Discussion in 'S & P Products Ratings/Reviews' started by dozer99, Jun 4, 2015.

1. dozer99

dozer99 Gold Member Gold Chaser

Husband/Father
    Recently I have been on the hunt for decent 308 ammo to feed my AR-10. Wallyworld has some fairly good ammo that is cheap and shoots well for around 49 cents per round. ZQ1 is made in turkey and for about $9.96 or so for a box of 20 you will get a decent 146 grn (or so) round that should hold about 1 MOA at 150 yards. I am shooting a DPMS 20" barrel with DPMS BCG and 80 percent lower that I built myself. Not the most accurate round on the market but for the price, it's a no brainier to stock up on some cheap, reliable and accurate ammo. Out of the 100+ rounds I fired last week, Not one round FTF or FTE.
    Hope this helps some that are looking for 308.

2. Charlie Prime

Charlie Prime Banned

This is so sad.

Fifteen years ago you would have been ridiculed mercilessly for "wasting money" on Turkish ammo from some dodgy furin outfit. All the gun snobs would have snorted out long diatribes on the foolishness of destroying your rifle by running such garbage through it.

Today, ...FedGov put lead refiners out of business. FedGov buys up domestic ammo production (and probably bulldozes it into a pit somewhere). We the peasants spend our hard-won pennies on whatever we can find.

It's sad.

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I use steel-cased Tula 7.62 x 39 at around 23 cents per round because it is less than .308 or 5.56. Same reason I use 9mm Luger in half of my pistols. It's cheap.

4. dozer99

Husband/Father
    Very True Charlie. It's not something I'm going to feed my 700, but in the AR platform, it'll do just fine. Oh forgot to mention that it's brass cased and boxer primed.

5. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Dozer, reports are ZQI is good ammo.

Good Luck

SC

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. dozer99

Husband/Father
    So far, after just over 100 rounds, I like it. It's not dirty as some. The flash is no more bright than Federal (it's billed as being Nato spec 7.62x51) and I've yet to have a split case. It's a lot better than some of the South African battle pack's I've shot.

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The fat chick in Walmart sporting goods was stocking the shelves with everything except 7.62 x 39 and .22llr this morning. I just got a bunch of 9mm already, but they had it for $10.97/ 50 rounds. .45 was 28 cents/round too or about what I pay for .380!

8. 3glocks1stack

3glocks1stack Seeker

This is probably the best deal on the wally's ammo shelf. Havn't seen it around these parts for a bit.

9. Fatboy

Fatboy Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Used Up and Retired Out
    In my area, we have all the 7.62x51 on the shelves at WalMart that one would want but the 5.56x45 is pretty much not available any longer.

Their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ZQI-Ammunition/199504356925348

Check out the comments

On their website, all are available and they just dropped the price some a couple days ago. It's almost competitive there now:

http://zqiammo.com/