• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

$1 billion worth of cocaine seized in Philadelphia

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
That's nothing to sneeze at!

$1 billion worth of cocaine seized in Philadelphia
The drug seizure is one of the largest in U.S. history.

Author: Associated Press, Jack Norcross
Published: 2:08 PM MDT June 18, 2019
Updated: 2:36 PM MDT June 18, 2019

Authorities have seized 16.5 tons (33,000 pounds) of cocaine valued at over $1 billion from the Packer Marine Terminal in Philadelphia, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

Members of the ships crew have been arrested, but the U.S. Attorney's office says the investigation is still ongoing.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That's gonna piss someone off

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
AH yes, the war on drugs scores a major victory and more fans to carry on the fight against illegal drugs for decades more to come ...think about that! Who stands to win and who stands to lose?

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Coke has made quite a comeback in the last few years; both in terms of demand and supply.

With that many FRNs at stake, I am thinking the cargo has a money trail...

Fun times!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Not as much as you might think. It's because of elevated prices.

The mafia and the CIA have the market locked up and are price fixing.

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wonder how much didn't make the evidence room?

Cops in drag..... YIKES!

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Maybe in terms of $$$.....but 16.5 tons of dry powder is an awful lot. That is about 3/4 of a bulk semi trailer full of coke for a visual.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
AH yes, the war on drugs scores a major victory and more fans to carry on the fight against illegal drugs for decades more to come ...think about that! Who stands to win and who stands to lose?
Once again, the_shootist correctly identifies the obvious.

While the status quo supporters who believe controlling, or attempting to control human behavior should be pursued, want to continue the war on drugs, war on this, fear that, war on that, supposed solutions.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I am not a fan of the war on drugs, but the ubber libertarians out there have it completely wrong when they claim that drug use is a victimless crime. If in a perfect world the drug user that choses to enter the self destructive death spiral affected no but the user then cool....but families and friends of drug users know who the collateral victims are... they are the ones forgotten about when the user says I aint hurting anyone but me.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

and neither one likes competition...!

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Cocaine's value = $0

By assigning a value to it they only reinforce the idea that drugs are valuable (a path to wealth).

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cocaine's value = $0

By assigning a value to it they only reinforce the idea that drugs are valuable (a path to wealth).
It is a path to wealth, a dangerous path, but a path none the less.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It is a path to wealth, a dangerous path, but a path none the less.
I've never known anyone that became wealthy from drugs. In jail, dead, or broke, yes.

A little quick cash is not wealth.

The only ones becoming wealthy are government related - CIA, cartels, and the Prison Industrial Complex.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I've never known anyone that became wealthy from drugs. In jail, dead, or broke, yes.
It’s like professional sports. A lot of people can play ball, but only a few will make it to the top. If they are smart they make their money and get out.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
By criminalizing drugs it makes it much more difficult for those who want to get help, get it.

It also sends enormous sums of money into the hands of criminals. 7 or 8 decades later, it's an industry so powerful that stopping the war on drugs is next to impossible now. Very similar to the MIC.

Wars don't usually solve problems. They usually make the problems worse and send big profits to those supporting them.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
crap, the man has intercepted my shit again.....one would think after all the taxing the man would go off and powder its nose and be done with it.

Greedie shit.....

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
1560981096720.png
1560981102290.png
1560981108647.png

-The billion dollars of cocaine was headed for France and the Netherlands [1]
-It was on a ship owned by Mediterranean Shipping Company [1]
-Alexis Kohler was cabinet director to France's Minister of Economy and Finance, Emmanuel Macron [2]
-Kohler's mother is a cousin of Rafaela Aponte, whose husband Gianlugi Aponte founded Mediterranean Shipping Company [2]

nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Massive-Drug-Cache-Seized-at-Philadelphia-Shipping-Yard-Sources-Say-511455802.html [1]
france24.com/en/20180604-france-macron-chief-staff-kohler-faces-corruption-probe-msc [2]

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
View attachment 134071 View attachment 134072 View attachment 134073

-It was on a ship owned by Mediterranean Shipping Company [1]
-Alexis Kohler was cabinet director to France's Minister of Economy and Finance, Emmanuel Macron [2]
-Kohler's mother is a cousin of Rafaela Aponte, whose husband Gianlugi Aponte founded Mediterranean Shipping Company [2]

nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Massive-Drug-Cache-Seized-at-Philadelphia-Shipping-Yard-Sources-Say-511455802.html [1]
france24.com/en/20180604-france-macron-chief-staff-kohler-faces-corruption-probe-msc [2]
"Je n'ai rien fait!"
(I didn do nuffin in French)

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Hmmm me thinks Interpol might have a look see into the leaders of those two nations....

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Looking at those ships and containers...that would fix the housing crisis and homeless in 1 fell swoop. Everyone has their own container and they're on an endless cruise...PLUS...cocaine for Everyone!
Don't ask me about plumbing, I can't fix everything, besides, they like to shit everywhere. There will be a premium for the highest stacked containers because...shit rolls down hill...except in 'Frisco.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I always wondered how they valued drug busts. Is there a site that lists the wholesale and street price of cocaine and heroin? DrugsRMoney2.com?

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I always wondered how they valued drug busts. Is there a site that lists the wholesale and street price of cocaine and heroin? DrugsRMoney2.com?
My guess is that the LEOs set around, brainstorm and then just pull some numbers out of their asses. The biggest number grabs the headline.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What titillates me is that there is a court case in which the arresting officer was on the stand and did testify that there was no value that could be assigned to drugs as they were not legal and therefore could not be sold; yep the guy was found guilty for having them but not guilty for selling them.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
My guess is that the LEOs set around, brainstorm and then just pull some numbers out of their asses. The biggest number grabs the headline.
The DEA agents figure how much a gram retails for in Philly and then multiply by tonnage.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I am not a fan of the war on drugs, but the ubber libertarians out there have it completely wrong when they claim that drug use is a victimless crime. If in a perfect world the drug user that choses to enter the self destructive death spiral affected no but the user then cool....but families and friends of drug users know who the collateral victims are... they are the ones forgotten about when the user says I aint hurting anyone but me.
I'm with you, but if the people who are hooked on drugs are doing them anyway, illegally, and putting themselves at legal (and physical) risk acquiring said drugs, why not regulate and tax them...and reduce the income taxes by the amount raised by the drug taxes?

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'm with you, but if the people who are hooked on drugs are doing them anyway, illegally, and putting themselves at legal (and physical) risk acquiring said drugs, why not regulate and tax them...and reduce the income taxes by the amount raised by the drug taxes?
Sounds like giving illegals drivers licenses.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sounds like giving illegals drivers licenses.
sure, sure, sure...lets pay another tax? wtf is wrong with you? oh that's right; "IT'S NOT YOU!" paying the tax.

You know, some days I wake up and wonder why I am still alive.

edit: drats should have shot that at the crench….oh well....

Last edited: