• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
11mm Devisme Cartridge Revolver
Forgotten Weapons

Published on Apr 9, 2016
http://www.rockislandauction.com/view...

Devisme of Paris was one of the early manufacturers of a true centerfire cartridge revolver, with production of this model beginning in 1858 or 1859. This is a bottom-break 11mm, 6-shot revolver, made to a very high standard of quality. Devisme also made a variety of other guns, including indoor parlor pistols, percussion guns, and dueling-style pistols.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Darn an error occurred..... 11 mm.....um who was milametering around in the eighteen hundreds? So .433 caliber.

Well If'n I was gona die I would it rather be by suffocation of a lady straddling my face than by that lady's husband shooting me with this .433

I mean how is one to explain this in the afterlife? Fricken angels will bust out laughing and forget the trumpets and harps.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well....idk what that thing was for. Being they used a black powder back then and the cylinder length is short on that thing, I'm left in wonderment land as to why the barrel length. Was the barrel even grooved?

Yeah I'm thinking that thing was for hitting something just a little bit further than I could spit.