• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

$140M worth of Confederate gold at the bottom of Lake Michigan

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...e-140m-worth-of-confederate-gold-at/21884507/

A group of history buffs out of Muskegon say there's more than $140 million worth of gold and silver sitting at the bottom of Lake Michigan somewhere. They believe the treasure came from the Confederacy during the Civil War and somehow made its way to Muskegon.

The group of men first heard about the treasure from a man on his death bed in 2010. After years of research, they believe they tracked the gold down to a group of Union officers and their friend, Charles Hackley.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If this was true Irons would have already found it. There is nothing left of value after a Irons and his metal detector pass through. Heck! I think the man could smell gold even if it was under water.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Irons doesn't have any Gold. Silly internets rumor.

Those so called treasure hunters in Muskegon ain't serious or they wouldn't be flapping their mouths all over the place to anybody who will listen.
It's very possible there is a pile of Confederate Gold at the bottom of the lake in a rotted out rail car. Hell everything else sank and died in that mean ass lake and still does to this day. But the folks who are serious about looking for it are not the ones sticking their faces in the cameras.

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
One thing I can tell you fine folks about Lake Michigan is the sea bed is never the same, which is why beach Gold hunters like myself are either crazy to begin with or they will be crazy soon. Many try for one summer and give it up. I see that a lot.

Waves and currents that cannot be predicted move tons of sand every day, clearing some areas down to the gravel and covering others up with feet of sand. If I say a beach is open that just means the sand over the gravel/clay bottom is thin enough that my metal detector can hear targets. The targets sink through the sand and end up sitting on the hardpan.
9 times out of 10 the sand is too deep and you walk around and never hear a peep.

That boxcar full of Gold could be sitting in the sunshine 30 feet down one day and buried under 20 feet of sand the next.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
^^^ The art of missdirection!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
^^^ The art of missdirection!
Definitely! He's found it and little by little, he's cleaning it out. Oh, no! Irons doesn't have any gold, except the two or three thousand troy ounces he's accumulated and hidden away, just like a blasted pirate.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Is this the buildup to a new History Channel series similar to the Oak Island series?
Who would have thought?