• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

$20,000 U.S. dollars to invest into PM's

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Small income. Each time I deposit a paycheck, I make a withdrawal, then periodic withdrawals, leaving enough in the account to cover automatic payments & card purchases...
I'd rather have a stash of banknotes stashed at home, than have the Banksters use MY money as "collateral" for their own purposes, like selling loans with only "10% holdings" (of MY money) as the "basis for the loan", etc... And I have absolutely NO TRUST in "Deposit Boxes" in banks.

Also, in case there was a big break-down of the fragile electronic system (EMP burst, for instance) - and banking couldn't be performed, "hard cash" would still purchase goods.

Of course, if I sell a big chunk of real-estate, that skews the equation... Big transactions trigger the "system"... But I don't know if big online purchases from Apmex trigger them, though.

Also, if I were to do a "road trip" with either cash or bullion, I would keep the RECEIPTS on me, so they wouldn't be STOLEN by LEO's in a roadside car search.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
coin shows can be overwhelming to a new buyer........a multitude of different items, some priced, some not priced......prior to going to a show you need to put together a primer sheet of items your interested in and the max price you will pay.....and stick to it.....know what it would cost to buy your items of interest online from a trusted supplier including freight etc so you can make informed fair decisions........if you offer below spot without a smile on your face "you might be a idiot" at the coin show LOL

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The biggest problem with coin shows is all the numismatic suckers and the dealers who take advantage of them. Only a few dealers will have bullion for sale but often you can get a decent deal so they are worth going to.

voodoo1951

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Glad to hear ya' pulled the trigger on some hard assets. I never really saw any value to premium Silver/Gold. Me personally, I go for the max weight for the least $$$. As far as storage goes, I consider this stuff " Pirate's Treasure" and deal with it accordingly. Safety deposit boxes can get locked down, searched or whatever. Old saying around here: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it". Lotsa' smart people on this forum...

Glad to hear ya' pulled the trigger on some hard assets. I never really saw any value to premium Silver/Gold. Me personally, I go for the max weight for the least $$$. As far as storage goes, I consider this stuff " Pirate's Treasure" and deal with it accordingly. Safety deposit boxes can get locked down, searched or whatever. Old saying around here: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it". Lotsa' smart people on this forum...
I bought a portable safe for my home as well.....

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I bought a portable safe for my home as well.....
NOW make it STATIONARY.
Safes are like most prisons and jails. They are designed to slow down those that are determined.

Last edited: