• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

$200,000 what business for success?

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I don't have a problem with the guy trying to drum up the dough to bring this thing home,
Just would want to know what kind of shape those little fiat soldiers are going to return in, ie body bags or carrying the loot of their journey,

Had a guy send me over a sheet on a Burger King. No real estate, business only. The asking price was with a 5.6% CAP Rate. For all the risk and all the effort, a 5% return? The price is just too high. Then factor in that you get no help on taxes as there is very little depreciation, and you will get hammered around here with 'personal property taxes' on all the equipment, signage, etc. Then you have to figure that sometime in the near future you are going to have to automate the labor out of the place too. That isn't going to be cheap along with the downtime associated with the conversion.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The RV storage business still would be good if the customers abandon the RVs and nobody RVs anymore, as you will have a pre-built "tiny house" housing area that you can rent out. So you migrate your business from RV storage to Tiny House living park.
Reality is that when someone quits paying the rent the owner does a lien process. If the title is free then the proceeds of sale go toward the lot rent. If the title isn't clear then the bank has a decision to make. Either they stick the proprietor or they pay the rent in order to retrieve their property.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Most people here on this forum only conduct business deals exclusively with Nigerian businessmen.

If you are not Nigerian then they will ignore you.

I seem to have misplaced the Prince's number, can you help me

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think it's funny he needs 200K and that just happens to be the title of the thread......... not 150K not 500K but 200 K.

Smells fishy to me.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Like the abandoned by baby boomer RV converted into a tiny home park for millenials idea.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Scorp. wrote "...if'n ya have something real, contact Rob McEwen of McEwen mining and have him take a look. He is the one that built goldcorp and can sniff the stuff out".

Ah, G/GG and Rob McE. Good times good times. When Rob sold out I sold out and COULD KICK MYSELF TO THIS VERY DAY. Bone Head ROOKIE move at the time.
College of Hardknocks, Unlimited :bang head:

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've got $65,938.13 I can invest, might you be interested in a partial investor my good sir? Will you take a check?

P1060710.JPG

Last edited:

BackwardsEngineeer

I'll just take one of my Proton Energy Pills....
Silver Miner
Hey mtnman,
That is too funny.... Closed on a RE deal yesterday, the closing attorney refused any form of payment except wired funds. What was interesting, was hearing her stories of bad cashiers checks and other ways people had tried to get title without really paying...

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hey mtnman,
That is too funny.... Closed on a RE deal yesterday, the closing attorney refused any form of payment except wired funds. What was interesting, was hearing her stories of bad cashiers checks and other ways people had tried to get title without really paying...
I like to scam the scammers. All those checks were for items I had for sale. They sure get pissed when you take their checks and they don't get their cash!

BackwardsEngineeer

Silver Miner
One would think an attorney would know about legal tender laws.
When told wire only, I was tempted to put up a stink, but hey life is short and nothing makes sense anymore, so I just paid the money and transferred the funds. Up is down, wrong is right, my bride wanted this deal badly and it was a great value. So it boiled down to pay $20 to transfer and STFU or be an ass and tick off the misses...... So there really was no option....... happy momma= happy little man..... s0 far so good

Last edited:

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
When told wire only, I was tempted to put up a stink, but hey life is short and nothing makes sense anymore, so I just paid the money and transferred the funds. Up is down, wrong is right, my bride wanted this deal badly and it was a great value. So it boiled down to pay $20 to transfer and STFU or be an ass and tick off the misses...... So there really was no option....... happy momma= happy little man..... s0 far so good
You would put up a stink about $20 when purchasing a house?

BackwardsEngineeer

Silver Miner
You would put up a stink about $20 when purchasing a house?
Heavens no, it was the thought that the attorney would not accept a cashiers check. Wire fees are just a part of life, we had a bunch of cash sitting between escrow and checking waiting for this to come together, and they pay nothing in interest but when they can just charge fees.

Constant reminder guys, RE victory is all about purchase price and avoidance of ad velorum, everything else is icing on the cake

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I would have liked to see the looks on their faces if you came in with a Halliburton and start plopping out a cash transaction.
They'd probably have Treasury, DHS & IRS there before you finished signing all those "stinkin' forms". :angry then happy: :bombs 8:

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
@MtMan,
The pic of those checks is one of the greatest posts of all
time. JMHO.
Gotta lotta offers on that game before.
Always ignored them.
Never considered a collection like that.
Totally bad arse. Thats so awesome.
Makes me " grin like a dog " just thinking about it.
Heh heh.

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Heavens no, it was the thought that the attorney would not accept a cashiers check. Wire fees are just a part of life, we had a bunch of cash sitting between escrow and checking waiting for this to come together, and they pay nothing in interest but when they can just charge fees.

Constant reminder guys, RE victory is all about purchase price and avoidance of ad velorum, everything else is icing on the cake

BE is right, its dif now and moving fast.
Went through this a few times this year.
" Wired funds only "
No cashiers checks. No checks of any kind.
Cash is even more deplorable.
Its a new dawn, a new age.
Block chain currency maybe next ?
Regards BE,

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
And most of time on the internet it's easier for "non-doers" to shoot out passive-aggressive comments under a guise of experience to under-mine (pun intended) "doers" actually contributing something to the real world.
Yeah, maybe,
But not so much on this forum.
Nope.
" Gold is Money "
( " Sweat Equity is Money " )
Mostly "doers" and extremely experienced " done its " here.
F A C T

Hence the comments concerning your recent
membership and then the pitch.
Gotta appreciate what you are doing.
Very admirable.
Very doable too.
A few long time members here, they are and have done what you are doing. Right now, today.
Takes time, $ , and of course,
one of the most elusive of subjectables,
..........relationships.
IMHO, without collateral of some sort,
not gonna be a whole lotta $ exchange
sans relationship or relationships.
Just saying.

BackwardsEngineeer

Silver Miner
I would have liked to see the looks on their faces if you came in with a Halliburton and start plopping out a cash transaction.
They'd probably have Treasury, DHS & IRS there before you finished signing all those "stinkin' forms". :angry then happy: :bombs 8:
LOL, what would have been really funny is hauling in green monster boxes, my body aches just thinking about it....
This was our personal residence, not an investment, so in phase 1 had to move my safe and contents. That was an eye opening experience and has me pondering lots of changes in the future. You get in aquisition mode and sometimes loose track of the big picture until something like a move forces you to see things in there entirety. An example is portable generators and gas cans, before confessing I always rotated gas and periodically started the generators, I had five portable generators and 14 portable gas cans plus non moveable ones. What was I thinking? Every time i saw or heard of a honda 2000 or 3000 reasonably priced I bought it, have since sent them to my kids and BIL's. Most were running yesterday during outages here in SC.

I had lots of things like that boxes and boxes of nails, hardware, bolts and screws. Hundreds of canning jars, lids etc. Tools, my set, complete sets some from my deceased dad, father in law and two sets I bought in entirety from newly widowed friends. Electrical, plumbing, building, enough toilet kits to rebuild each commode twice. Then the shelving and space to house it all. Not to mention other collections more pertinent to this site. My bride was very kind as I was going through it all, she simply said.... you may have a problem......

At one point, I was moving around some items on top of some old kitchen cabinets I remounted in my workshop and found a box that had several st gauds carefully vacuum sealed and triple wrapped in it. I remember when and where I had gotten them, but for the life of me thought I had sold them years ago.... and didn't remember stashing them up there....

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
One would think an attorney would know about legal tender laws.
Legal tender, "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private" For a product sold you can turn down any payment form you don't like, including cash, as a purchase is not a debt.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
B.E., Wouldn't it be easier and in the long run less expensive to go with a whole house generator and a 200-500 gal. propane tank ?
Propane never goes bad - according Hank Hill.

BackwardsEngineeer

Silver Miner
B.E., Wouldn't it be easier and in the long run less expensive to go with a whole house generator and a 200-500 gal. propane tank ?
Propane never goes bad - according Hank Hill.

Absolutely, but like most things it grew into what it was... our area requires a permit and reinspect for install, that property had a lot of grandfathered electrical that was safe but I really didn't want to open up that can of worms. New place is equipped, why I let all but one go...

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Hey mtnman,
Here at least, and I assume the same for the US, that simply constitutes fraud. What is more it is fraud with a positively identifiable paper trail. You'd end up in jail with no title, guaranteed, every time.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
"Happy wife, happy life".... is the saying in this part of the world. I am sure it is not orignal :D

Ishkabibble

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
People walking... now that's cool. It's impressive when people expand possibilities. I can see why people would pay for that service too. Exercise releases endorphins and pleasant socializing does the same. The combination has already been proven equally effective to that of prescription anti-depressants. The probability of relapse is dramatically reduced if the fitness continues. It stands to reason that the socializing would have similar effects with respect to mood.

How does exercise relieve depression? For many years, experts have known that exercise enhances the action of endorphins, chemicals that circulate throughout the body. Endorphins improve natural immunity and reduce the perception of pain. They may also serve to improve mood. Another theory is that exercise stimulates the neurotransmitter norepinephrine, which may directly improve mood.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/exercise-and-depression-report-excerpt

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
To answer the OP, Buy raw land and lease it. But you're too late, The smart money bought the land around the intersections before the public knew what was going on.

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Open a Hostel. Looks like the nearest one is in Nelsonville and he's a crook.
Be honest. Help people out. Ask them to upvote you in TripAdvisor and such.
Use food from donations. Make sure your mattresses are top notch and people will come back.
You'll slam any hotel around.
Just a thought.
With 94 million out of work where do they stay?
I would imagine mostly a cash business.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Just a bump. This is a tough nut to crack. Trucks and truck repairs aren't cheap and a bad driver can cost you a fortune. Some peeps make out.........some don't. Enjoy the vid, take it fwiw and dyodd.

HOW TO START A DUMP TRUCK BUSINESS BY THE SNAP ON JUNKIE
The Snap-On Junkie!!!

Published on Jul 5, 2017
LIKE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY CHANNEL!

New Facebook groups THE SNAP ON JUNKIE https://www.facebook.com/groups/26528...
AND THE SNAP ON COLLECTORS https://www.facebook.com/groups/28206...

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
^^^ Careful what you wish for. If a company is willing to pay you to taste their beer... It probably is not their best recipe.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
^^^ Careful what you wish for. If a company is willing to pay you to taste their beer... It probably is not their best recipe.
They have craft beer contests - and to be a judge you have to get some certification, the only reason I know this is because my Son is a judge and goes to these things - even conventions. I don't know about the pay, but the beer is free.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Swapping out internal combustion engines to electric motors.