• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just for the record, I do not hate you.

I also do not hate @solarion

The only reason I've responded to Sol the way I have, is because of his dishonest form of argument on this topic.
On most other topics, I tend to agree with quite a bit of what I've read from him. I actually kinda like Sol and have no issues with him beyond this one topic.
Why? Because there is just too much proof to the contrary of what he tries so hard to convince others of. Namely that the Earth is flat, space doesn't exist, people can't go there, rockets don't work in space, gravity isn't a thing, and the Sun and Moon both circle above the Earth at a height of 3000 miles.
....and all to convince himself and others that the Moon landings were faked.
edited to add:...and I'm trying to goad him into actually discussing the issue in an objective manner. Specifically, I want him to address what is plainly visible in the pic he posted that he said was proof of a flat Earth.
....but if he won't, I want everyone else to see the flaws in his "theory".

So not only is the gov accused of faking the Moon landings, they have to fake a round Earth and fake gravity in order to pull it off.
Hello! This is the US gov we are talking about here. With some of the incompetence we've seen, it'd be a pretty tall order.

Proof of a round, spherical Earth is all around us.

Last edited:

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yes, I'm a scientist damaging science. Any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Science doesn't need you to protect it from people asking questions. The danger to science is people perpetuating the INSANE and blatantly ANTI-SCIENTIFIC concept that there's such a thing as SETTLED SCIENCE. There is NO such thing as SETTLED SCIENCE. NOT EVER
Well

Kinda what I've been saying. BTW way to misread a post! Stellar work! I hope you apply greater rigour in your work.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ahhh, no. They could care less about science. What they're doing is confusing the issues as much as they can. They're busy taking you down cuz you're too close to the truth about some issues, and they obviously IMHO want this forum to diss your knowledge, and not pay attention to some of the things you say.

Somehow you pissed off two of the biggest furrin freedom hating trolls on this forum, and they're busy dancing on your head. They hate me too cuz they don't like being called on their indoctrination games...
I love it when I get experts telling me what I am and what I am doing. If you think you are correct in what you say you either can't or haven't read my postings.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
You mean "creation"? I've absolutely no effing idea. I'm not a holy roller...I'm a scientist. ...and big bang is complete and total bs without even a single shred of actual science to support it. It's simply religion for people that fancy themselves a-theists...just like neo-darwinism.
Big Bang is a theory, like all theory it is open to being disproven. I don't recall anyone saying it was indeed an established fact.

Perhaps if we could stop pretending everything is a binary choice...creationism vs "evolution"(neo-darwinism) we could seek some actual answers instead of being locked into two boxes.
Who is pretending that here? You make up arguments and then fight them without participation from others. It looks like form of Turrets Syndrome where you blurt out shit and then violently disagree with yourself!

Here is a thread that I started challenging Evolution as a concept, the take away was that although evolution was evident within a species over time it in no way explains some of the explosions of life that have occurred in earths history. The general concept was that more than one driver of development was acting on life on earth.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I can't take all the credit though. Guys post in these anti-pseudo-science threads...for a reason. When joking, Zed, and others say they're "afraid" someone's going to cause science to revert to the stone age...they actually believe it. They think they're the self appointed defenders of "science" and people call me condescending. lol
What I am observing is that things like climate science and various other instances where science has been used as a political shield and not applied as a rigorous standard are eroding public confidence in the discipline. People being people will tend to "throw the baby out with the bath water" and look for an alternate. The fundamentalist tend to try and fill this gap. This IMO is a very dangerous trend that is killing real science, it could eventually send us back to a modern version of the dark ages if unchecked. There are social cycles that suggest we are due for a swing back to religious fundamentalism, and anecdotally you can see this trend in action today. How far it goes, who knows, but it is there.

You are condescending, often ignorant and never concede any ground when proven wrong. It undermines your credibility.

Lulzy as it is, if "settled science" were a thing, this thread could well be called "200 proofs Earth is NOT a flat disc with upturned edges" ...just as people believed as recently as five centuries ago. Just as Auguste Piccard said in 1931.
This is highly disingenuous, I have been pointing that out to you repeatedly and now when it suits you suddenly get it.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Somehow you pissed off two of the biggest furrin freedom hating trolls on this forum, and they're busy dancing on your head. They hate me too cuz they don't like being called on their indoctrination games...
I didn't hate you but now I think you are a deceitful lying asshole and I just quoted the proof of that.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Ahhh, no. They could care less about science. What they're doing is confusing the issues as much as they can. They're busy taking you down cuz you're too close to the truth about some issues, and they obviously IMHO want this forum to diss your knowledge, and not pay attention to some of the things you say.

That AND the two I mentioned by name have literally told me that they're worried about people harming "science" ...which just makes me lol. Since when does truth not stand on its own merit? This must be something other than truth...

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
OK flat earthers, can you explain to me why this works if indeed the earth is flat and YES I have done this "experiment" myself!

When sailing a distance the shortest distance between two points is what we call the "Great Circle Route" and not a straight compass course. I've done both navigation methods over distance and it is indeed shorter to sail a great circle route.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/great-circle-route

Now, if the earth is indeed flat how is that possible? In my bally world it makes perfect sense, but for you it must be a little confounding!
Come on you "Science based flat earthers" explain why this is a real thing. Explain why sailing a curve delivers a shorter route than sailing a direct compass bearing? If the earth is flat then this would not happen, if the earth is a sphere then it makes sense.

STOP DUCKING THE SUBJECT.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That AND the two I mentioned by name have literally told me that they're worried about people harming "science" ...which just makes me lol.
Your choice of words is bad, science per-say can't be harmed however its reputation is being eroded largely as a response to politically driven pronounces made invoking "science". Yes rabid fundamentalists are a detriment to society IMO. They exploit this dynamic ruthlessly, faith is one thing but it's personal thing and should stay that way. Between the two I think there is plenty of valid reason for concern and that, as @Joe King points out, is why the posts that undermine rational science should be questioned.

Since when does truth not stand on its own merit? This must be something other than truth...
Since humans discovered the art of politics. You are either young or stupid if you believe that truth stands simply because it is. That is rarely the reality and we have the bulk of human history to prove it.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Science doesn't have a "reputation" bud. You mean SCIENTISTS' reputation is being eroded...and you're absolutely correct on that. That tends to happen when one abandons scientific methodology to back theories that rightly should have been abandoned centuries ago as required by proper scientific methodology.

Neo-darwinism, big bang, gravitational theory? These are garbage pseudo-science. They are dying, and they will continue to die...and you cannot save them because they're rubbish with zero empiricism to sustain them.

The word "science" comes from the latin word "scire". Any idea what that word translates to? "Knowledge". Scire means "to know". Does that sound like it has a "reputation"? Good science stands on its own, it does not need you to defend its "honor". If what you're supporting were actual natural science based upon empirical evidence, you'd simply whip out said evidence and the debate would end. The amusing thing here is you have zero empirical evidence and neither do your priests of scientism...yet you think you're defending "science" anyway. Which is truly lulzy.

Also lulzy is your need to put people in a box so you can rail against that box. ADMIT you believe Earth is flat so I can attack that! LMAO You and joking should start an a-theist skool of mindless bots that accept anything they're told provided it's submitted by a credentialed PHD. No actual evidence required, just someone you both accept as smarter than yourselves.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Science doesn't have a "reputation" bud. You mean SCIENTISTS' reputation is being eroded...and you're absolutely correct on that. That tends to happen when one abandons scientific methodology to back theories that rightly should have been abandoned centuries ago as required by proper scientific methodology.

Neo-darwinism, big bang, gravitational theory? These are garbage pseudo-science. They are dying, and they will continue to die...and you cannot save them because they're rubbish with zero empiricism to sustain them.

The word "science" comes from the latin word "scire". Any idea what that word translates to? "Knowledge". Scire means "to know". Does that sound like it has a "reputation"? Good science stands on its own, it does not need you to defend its "honor". If what you're supporting were actual natural science based upon empirical evidence, you'd simply whip out said evidence and the debate would end. The amusing thing here is you have zero empirical evidence and neither do your priests of scientism...yet you think you're defending "science" anyway. Which is truly lulzy.
He just gave you empirical evidence. Quit being so dodgy.
Explain why sailing a curve delivers a shorter route than sailing a direct compass bearing? If the earth is flat then this would not happen, if the earth is a sphere then it makes sense.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
That's what you call empirical evidence? hahaha

How would I know what he does sailing his schooner? Why would I care what he does sailing his schooner?

You want to prove to me the surface of the ocean is convex in a manner consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 25k miles in circumference then go conduct an experiment proving the surface of the ocean demonstrates convexity consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference.

Show me a controlled lab experiment in which water is wrapped around the exterior surface of a spheroid due to magical graviton fairy magic. Obviously that isn't going to happen irrespective of how many times you tap your ruby slippers together. Hell mainstream science cannot even identify, quantify, or even detect a graviton unicorn...let alone prove they actually exist to anyone.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That's what you call empirical evidence? hahaha

How would I know what he does sailing his schooner? Why would I care what he does sailing his schooner?

You want to prove to me the surface of the ocean is convex in a manner consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 25k miles in circumference then go conduct an experiment proving the surface of the ocean demonstrates convexity consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference.
It's comments like this that lead me to believe you're being disingenuous.
I posted a similar navigational reference to direct empirical evidence of a sphere Earth in another thread and was met with the same deflection.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sweet...then you should probably ignore my senseless rantings. Nobody is forcing you to comment pal.

You participate in these threads because you believe science has provided you an alternative "creation myth" and you do not wish to have it tarnished. Well tough.

If there was any actual independently verifiable science backing your spinning space pear theory, don't you think all the flat earthers would just be forced to go away? Your mythological magic space fruit is backed by nothing other than NAShole liars. THAT's the problem. NASA has no credibility to a whole lot of people and this is the price of their lost credibility.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sweet...then you should probably ignore my senseless rantings. Nobody is forcing you to comment pal.
I don't need your advice on how to browse a forum my salty little snowflake, nor do I feel pressured to express my thoughts opinions. *Thumbsup

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Then stop whining about how I choose to conduct myself...crybaby.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I think you mean apes. ...and no "we" didn't.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Then stop whining about how I choose to conduct myself...crybaby.
Lol whining? Crybaby? You sure are a master extrapolationist.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Oh yes we did — science backs me up!!
Yeah? Is the science in question darwinian natural selection by chance? ;) Mendelian "flower" genetics? ...a combination of the two perhaps? lol

I'd love it if science would do science and STOP attacking faith based religious structures. Now if they(scientists) come up with some actual evidence, then that's fine, but endless theory tales backed by hopium? ...no thanks.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
No, no, geology — remember, I'm a rock guy.

BF
unh - minerals, not rock n roll
but that too

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Science doesn't have a "reputation" bud.
You are so far off base there it is laughable. The greater the ignorance the more science is treated as a homogeneous entity. You watch that space... humans are human and they will just lump it all together.

You mean SCIENTISTS' reputation is being eroded...and you're absolutely correct on that. That tends to happen when one abandons scientific methodology to back theories that rightly should have been abandoned centuries ago as required by proper scientific methodology.
You keep telling me what I mean, stunning and unwarranted ARROGANCE.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
There is that Turrets again! Try arguing against something that has been said and not your internal voices.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Aw, that genetics thing is so screwed up only a jigsaw puzzle addict would like it.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
No, no, geology — remember, I'm a rock guy.

BF
unh - minerals, not rock n roll
but that too
No I don't remember. Would be delighted to hear about how neo-darwinism can be proven via sedimentary rock formations. I've actually heard precisely the opposite...that deep rock samples indicate that neo-darwinism...inter species evolution via genetic mutation is not possible due to most fossils existing in almost exclusively one layer of rock. Meaning there was no time for mutations to occur.

This is not the angle in which I choose to discount neo-darwinism however. I prefer the shorter path through the obvious problems with DNA waiting times.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Good science has been routinely buried by politics to suit those in power, study history.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You are so far off base there it is laughable. The greater the ignorance the more science is treated as a homogeneous entity. You watch that space... humans are human and they will just lump it all together.
Jolly good for us all that you and joking are here then to defend "science"(knowledge). You two don your costumes and get to work defending then mate. ROFL A-theist dynamic duo to the rescue!
Good science has been routinely buried by politics to suit those in power, study history.
Has it now? Any examples?

You mean like Tesla's work being stolen by the FBI/federal regime? Sure commercial interests are always keen to block research they deem will harm their bottom line.

How does this relate to a discussion of gravitational theory from 105 to 500 years ago?

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Also lulzy is your need to put people in a box so you can rail against that box. ADMIT you believe Earth is flat so I can attack that! LMAO You and joking should start an a-theist skool of mindless bots that accept anything they're told provided it's submitted by a credentialed PHD. No actual evidence required, just someone you both accept as smarter than yourselves.
Exactly what you do, you are a classic in the way you use the left wing tactic of accusing others of what you are doing.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Remember, they dug up Lucy and tied the whole thing together.
Yeah, I recall the wench. I recall also I lost interest when baboon bones began popping up in the remains.

There have been numerous frauds perpetrated by a-theist scientists passing off fake "missing links" to attempt to propel neo-darwinian theory. The holy grail has always been DNA evidence, or at least a working concept...which has always eluded. The fakes haven't helped at all either.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Has it now? Any examples?
You are stunningly ignorant of the way new scientific discoveries have been met in history or you are trolling to the max.

Louis Pasteur thought that disease was spread by germs. He made the discovery after three of his five children died from infectious diseases. When he first put forward his theory in the 1850’s he was met with violent resistance from the medical community. Today, in large part due to his work, we know that certain bacteria are responsible for sickness, and minimizing germs is a key to promoting healthy immune function.
In 2005 Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren were awarded the Nobel Prize for their discovery that bacteria is responsible for stomach ulcers. However wind the clock back 20 years and Marshall and Warren’s idea was being ridiculed by the scientific establishment who maintained that bacteria couldn’t live in the acidic environment of the stomach, and that it was just stress or bad diet that was to blame. In the end Marshall changed the face of medical science when he swallowed a petri-dish of dangerous bacteria to prove his theory. Said Marshall, “everyone was against me, but I knew I was right.” (H. Pylori and the Making of a Myth. 23 May 1998, Academy of Achievement website)
The story of Ignaz Semmelweis is tragic on a number of levels.

Firstly, there are the women who died who shouldn’t have.

In 1847 Semmelweis, who was an obstetrician, (a doctor specializing in childbirth), published evidence that when doctors washed their hands before examining or treating patients, the mortality rate for women in his birthing ward in Vienna, Austria, was greatly reduced.

In his hospital, doctors routinely examined diseased corpses in the mortuary, then attended women in childbirth without first washing their hands. In some months as many as a third of the women in the birthing part of the hospital were dying!

Semmelweis could not explain why hand-washing was effective – he didn’t know about germs – he just saw that it worked and that patients no longer caught fevers and other diseases.

The second tragedy is that although Semmelweis cut death rates in his own hospital, his attempts to spread the word failed. Many people died because hand-washing was not made a routine part of hospital practice.

The third tragic part of the story took place in 1865. Semmelweis had become clinically depressed when his work was rejected and he started behaving oddly. He was lured by another doctor into an insane asylum in Vienna. Realizing it was a trap, Semmelweis tried to get out, but was held and badly beaten by guards and placed in a straightjacket. He died two weeks later, most likely from injuries he suffered during the beating.

With Semmelweis gone, the fourth tragedy is that his hospital went back to running ‘properly’ again, discarding his ‘crazy’ ideas. Mortality rates increased by a factor of six, but nobody cared.
The list goes on... almost every major scientific discovery has met significant opposition by vested interests.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
To me, the problem with neo-darwinism as it relates to a fossil record is that there'd have to be fossil records supporting the notion that fish became amphibians, then mammals etc. Evidence of intermediate species would be absolutely everywhere...and they're not.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The fakes haven't helped at all either.
yeah, well, science and all...
They dug up giants bones once also
more of that assistance science.
fill out the resume with a cool theory or 'discovery'
bottom line is always money

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Jolly good for us all that you and joking are here then to defend "science"(knowledge). You two don your costumes and get to work defending then mate. ROFL
Where do you get this defend science stuff from? Turrets again... I'm calling you out, now answer the "Great Circle Navigation" question. If the earth is flat why is this so?

Have you got ANYTHING to say about this fact?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You are stunningly ignorant of the way new scientific discoveries have been met in history or you are trolling to the max.
That hurts bud. Can't we be friends?

As I said, yes there are plenty of times in which moneyed up interests have blocked commercial research...often times with the help of their crony friends in goobermint. What does this have to do with a-theistic pseudo-scientific rubbish attacking religious dogma though?

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
To me, the problem with neo-darwinism as it relates to a fossil record is that there'd have to be fossil records supporting the notion that fish became amphibians, then mammals etc. Evidence of intermediate species would be absolutely everywhere...and they're not.
Stop shifting the subject... The earth isn't flat and the Great Circle Navigation method proves it. Argue with that.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
As I said, yes there are plenty of times in which moneyed up interests have blocked commercial research...often times with the help of their crony friends in goobermint. What does this have to do with a-theistic pseudo-scientific rubbish attacking religious dogma though?
You talk out of BOTH sides of your mouth... but thanks for exposing what a Troll you really are.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Again...so hurt. Perhaps you should get some moar of your superfriends to help?

Suggest you change your avatar to something more befitting an accredited DEFENDER of pseudo-science!

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
yeah, well, science and all...
They dug up giants bones once also
more of that assistance science.
fill out the resume with a cool theory or 'discovery'
bottom line is always money
The way science is funded is a major issue and a big problem.