• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OK... back to explaining the Great Circle Navigation phenomena and why that works so well!

Hint --> It ain't cause da earth is flat.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You talk out of BOTH sides of your mouth... but thanks for exposing what a Troll you really are.
He skipped over the navigation question and went right to baboon bones! Lol WTF over?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The way science is funded is a major issue and a big problem.
Hey, we FINALLY agree on something! Perhaps if federal grant "money" would stop being poured into college science departments the jackovs there would stop inventing black holes, white holes, dark matter, dark energy, pulsars, quasars, and every other manner of imaginary bullshit and do some actual science for a change.

Yeah, I can dream.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
and don't forget the need to "Publish or Parish"
I've also listened to some very valid criticisms of peer reviewed publications. They really need to sort this stuff out.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
He skipped over the navigation question and went right to baboon bones! Lol WTF over?
Perhaps you missed it, but you're not the only one "contributing" to this thread. ...if that's what one can call what you do in these threads. lol

The neo-darwin stuff is BF and I, but you're welcome to muddy that up too.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One might think that he can't explain it. Much easier to attack and troll for an emotional response.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Perhaps you missed it, but you're not the only one "contributing" to this thread. ...if that's what one can call what you do in these threads. lol

The neo-darwin stuff is BF and I, but you're welcome to muddy that up too.
Explain the Great Circle Navigation method working if the earth is indeed flat!

Come on Mr Scientist!

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey, we FINALLY agree on something! Perhaps if federal grant "money" would stop being poured into college science departments the jackovs there would stop inventing black holes, white holes, dark matter, dark energy, pulsars, quasars, and every other manner of imaginary bullshit and do some actual science for a change.

Yeah, I can dream.
What? Like proving a flat earth? or I should correctly say disproving a sphere earth.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry if I hurt your feelings?

No, I'm not particularly interested in your anecdotal story about your sailing. If you think it proves the Earth is a giant water covered space fruit then good on you.

...and I know you'd like to argue against flat earth rather than defend your indefensible spinning water fruit, but I have not said Earth is flat. I've merely said NASA is staffed with liars(which it is), pseudo-science attacks religious structures constantly(which it does), and that there is nothing of empiricism backing the spinning water pear model of the Earth(which there isn't). I also suggested you set about confirming the convexity of the surface of the world's oceans, but you ignored the suggestion.

Clearly since roughly 70% of the Earth is covered in water, then that means the surface of said water MUST demonstrate convexity consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
come on you guys, I was tryin to point out what the real problem sol is trying to get across

Science, basically anymore, has turned to shit. They're all innit for the money.
we raised up a generation of kids that don't know there is more than two or three continents.
medical and pharmaceutical discoveries that cost an arm and a leg, and sometime literally
need I point out "Climate Freak-out", use electric cars, save the gay baby whales...

science run amuck
don't swallow it all

JMSO,
BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No, I'm not particularly interested in your anecdotal story about your sailing. If you think it proves the Earth is a giant water covered space fruit then good on you
And THAT is exactly anti science.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hey, I hear there's another opening for "science defender"! Jump on it bruh.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
come on you guys, I was tryin to point out what the real problem sol is trying to get across

Science, basically anymore, has turned to shit. They're all innit for the money.
we raised up a generation of kids that don't know there is more than two or three continents.
medical and pharmaceutical discoveries that cost an arm and a leg, and sometime literally
need I point out "Climate Freak-out", use electric cars, save the gay baby whales...

science run amuck
don't swallow it all

JMSO,
BF
Which is the risk I mentioned and that he immediately shat on... cause you know... troll.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sorry if I hurt your feelings?
You are not that good sunshine. LOL!

No, I'm not particularly interested in your anecdotal story about your sailing. If you think it proves the Earth is a giant water covered space fruit then good on you.
It isn't my anecdotal story, it is the preferred navigation method of commercial shipping and aviation because it saves money and time.

Great circle route, the shortest course between two points on the surface of a sphere. It lies in a plane that intersects the sphere’s centre and was known by mathematicians before the time of Columbus. Until the 19th century ships generally sailed along rhumb lines, which made use of prevailing winds and fixed compass headings. The development of steamships in the 19th century allowed complete independence from the winds, removing the major uncertainty for sailors trying to follow a geometrically prescribed route.

Great circle routes, which require constantly changing headings, are most useful beyond the equatorial regions and for distances greater than several hundred miles. Long-distance air traffic uses great circle routes routinely, saving time and fuel. Navigational radio signals also follow great circle paths.

Great circle routes are usually plotted on charts based on the gnomonic projection, on which great circles appear as straight lines.
Nothing anecdotal about it, my only input is that I have proven to myself by DOING it... which seems to be one of your dogmatic insistences!

...and I know you'd like to argue against flat earth rather than defend your indefensible spinning water fruit, but I have not said Earth is flat. I've merely said NASA is staffed with liars(which it is), pseudo-science attacks religious structures constantly(which it does), and that there is nothing of empiricism backing the spinning water pear model of the Earth(which there isn't). I also suggested you set about confirming the convexity of the surface of the world's oceans, but you ignored the suggestion.
See above... and answer the question. The only way that the Great circle route can work is if the earth is a sphere. Stop babbling and directly tackle the problem.

Clearly since roughly 70% of the Earth is covered in water, then that means the surface of said water MUST demonstrate convexity consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter.
... which is does. You can't see that far @ sea with the naked eye.

You must be a little slow.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
THE FLATEARTHER CAN'T ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION! WHY?

Lets simplify the question a little...

Why do all the worlds airlines fly the great circle route instead of a direct bearing? If the earth is indeed flat that would cost them big $$$$$$ in extra distance flown for a net loss of time. Time and money, two things that airlines are not known for wasting.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Well of course, as only an idiot would keep looking for his car keys after he already found them.

A flat Earth has no rotational velocity. Which is why the water is still here. In his book, any rotational velocity would instantly fling all the water off the surface. Us too.
Ok but that makes zero sense (ya I know). If i spin s pancake on my finger it still has rotational velocity. Put some applesauce on top and some will still fly off.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Ok but that makes zero sense (ya I know). If i spin s pancake on my finger it still has rotational velocity. Put some applesauce on top and some will still fly off.
Applesauce on a pancake???????!!!!!!!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Come on you "Science based flat earthers" explain why this is a real thing. Explain why sailing a curve delivers a shorter route than sailing a direct compass bearing? If the earth is flat then this would not happen, if the earth is a sphere then it makes sense.
They'll never answer that. Not even try. Because to do so forces them to acknowledge that it's the shorter route. Thereby proving a spherical shaped Earth. Can't have that, now can we? Lol

STOP DUCKING THE SUBJECT.
I doubt that all caps will elicit a response on the subject either, but you get points for trying. Lol

ADMIT you believe Earth is flat so I can attack that!
You already did admit that you think the Earth be flat. Why else would you have posted that pic and proclaimed that it proved there was no curvature of the Earth's surface.
....but then you had to start ignoring it once it was shown to everyone that it actually shows just the opposite.
That pic shows one of two things. It either shows that the Earth's surface is in fact curved, or that when that picture was takken, downtown Chicago was under 500 feet of water.
Which is it?

He just gave you empirical evidence. Quit being so dodgy.
Heck, sol himself posted evidence of it.
....but now has to ignore it. Lol

You want to prove to me the surface of the ocean is convex in a manner consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 25k miles in circumference then go conduct an experiment proving the surface of the ocean demonstrates convexity consistent with the exterior of a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference.
You already proved it, but seem to be suffering from amnesia and can't remember doing it.

Show me a controlled lab experiment in which water is wrapped around the exterior surface of a spheroid due to magical graviton fairy magic.
Pfft, that's easy. If that's all ya want, I can tell ya how to do that.
...but there's a few things you'll need to do first in order to prepare for that experiment. Long as you do ALL the necessary prep work correctly, it'll be easy peasy. Pm me for details.

It's comments like this that lead me to believe you're being disingenuous.
Dishonest too, as he selectively ignores anything that he realizes would ruin his World view if he were to acknowledge it.
...and that's after having previously acknowledged it by mistake. Lol

If there was any actual independently verifiable science backing your spinning space pear theory,
You could rent a plane and fly up high enough to see curvature.
If ya do, try to collect a sample of a "chemtrail" while you're up there. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. Lol

don't you think all the flat earthers would just be forced to go away?
Oh hell no! Like that'll ever happen.
Even if you took my advice and rented a plane and went up there and saw the curvature for yourself and had the realization that you had been wrong about it, you'd be screwed because none of the other flat Earth people would believe you. They'd think you got paid off by FECA (Flat Earth Concealment Agency)

Jolly good for us all that you and joking are here then to defend "science"(knowledge).
No, that's not why I'm here at all. I'm here to help you, if I can.

You are stunningly ignorant of the way new scientific discoveries have been met in history or you are trolling to the max.
Unfortunately he's not trolling. I seriously doubt that anyone would troll to this degree and be willing to risk all credibility on it. Joking around with a bit of trolling is one thing, what we're seeing here is quite another. As incredible as it seems, he really believes this stuff.

Where do you get this defend science stuff from? Turrets again... I'm calling you out, now answer the "Great Circle Navigation" question. If the earth is flat why is this so?

Have you got ANYTHING to say about this fact?
He can't say anything about it. You'd be just as well off if you were to ask why a long exposure pic of the Southern night sky taken from your neck of the woods exhibits the same circular pattern as is seen when such a pic is taken in the Northern Hemisphere.
He won't address that one either.

If the Earth were flat, you'd get a different pattern when taking a pic like that of the Southern sky.

You talk out of BOTH sides of your mouth... but thanks for exposing what a Troll you really are.
Again, and as sad as it is, he's not trollin' ya.

I also suggested you set about confirming the convexity of the surface of the world's oceans, but you ignored the suggestion.
I've been practically begging you to acknowledge that very thing in that pic you posted that you originally tried to say proves that the Earth is flat.
...but now you ask others to provide the very thing you yourself posted and that I have been pointing out to you, but you ignore it.
...but that's ok, because at this point all I care about is everyone else seeing what you are doing in these discussions. If a discussion is what it can be called.
Edited to add the following paragraph:
An honest discussion allows for a conclusion to be be reached based on all pertinent evidence on the subject matter.
....but you won't engage in that type of discussion.

It does demonstrate convexity.

Look at this pic you posted. Why are half the buildings under water? What was the date of the great Chicago flood? How many people drowned? Lol

Willis Tower 2265.jpg

They're all innit for the money.
Everything gets done because of money. The good as well as the bad. People gotta eat, and unless it''s being done purely as a hobby, the research has to get paid for somehow.

Which is the risk I mentioned and that he immediately shat on... cause you know... troll
I wish he was just trolling, but he's not.

Yea, but if that were the case, everything would be exhibiting sideways motion and we do not observe that.

Last edited:

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
They'll never answer that. Not even try. Because to do so forces them to acknowledge that it's the shorter route. Thereby proving a spherical shaped Earth. Can't have that, now can we? Lol
I know, but just like my kid ---> I will not stop asking!

I doubt that all caps will elicit a response on the subject either, but you get points for trying. Lol
It felt good, besides the cat has bolted.

Unfortunately he's not trolling. I seriously doubt that anyone would troll to this degree and be willing to risk all credibility on it. Joking around with a bit of trolling is one thing, what we're seeing here is quite another. As incredible as it seems, he really believes this stuff.
Really? I, I, I'm dumbfounded....

He can't say anything about it. You'd be just as well off if you were to ask why a long exposure pic of the Southern night sky taken from your neck of the woods exhibits the same circular pattern as is seen when such a pic is taken in the Northern Hemisphere.
He won't address that one either.

If the Earth were flat, you'd get a different pattern when taking a pic like that of the Southern sky
Well everyone knows that we are just imaginary down here and Australia is a fake made up place... I mean to say just look @ the freakin animals, someone is having a laugh!

Again, and as sad as it is, he's not trollin' ya.
Really? I mean, like.... REALLY?

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
trollfestival.jpg

What this thread has turned into...

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If the thread's gonna exist, I'd like it to be a discussion.
....but sol won't engage in an honest manner. He brings the stuff up, then ignores anything that might prove him wrong.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
View attachment 153452

Dunno if you've noticed, but that happens in nearly every thread in which ancient scientific theory is challenged. A certain portion of posters here at GIM2, cannot...will not tolerate sustained NASA bashing, or attacks on scientific theory that themselves were designed to attack religion. To be fair it's now mostly okay to attack neo-darwinism, that which most erroneously call "evolution", but that has taken a whole lot of time for people to come to recognize that it's not based in science. Neo-darwinism is however still sacred in most college institutions...despite being outdated, unsupported, and frankly kind of silly at this point.

Next up is "big bang" theory which is rapidly becoming okay to ridicule...since it's completely and utterly without basis in science.

So gravitational theory is the next logical point of attack, particularly as it's linked directly to "big bang" theory and NASA fairy tales. I mean it is, after all, the "force" that's also not a "force" that NASA allegedly uses to explore the galaxy...even though NASA's own website lacks even a coherent definition of what gravity actually is.

The reason these threads get so emotionally charged is because a religion is being attacked and the people that didn't even know they were emotionally invested in a religion get defensive when others do that.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
THE FLATEARTHER CAN'T ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION! WHY?

Lets simplify the question a little...

Why do all the worlds airlines fly the great circle route instead of a direct bearing? If the earth is indeed flat that would cost them big $$$$$$ in extra distance flown for a net loss of time. Time and money, two things that airlines are not known for wasting.
I keep telling you that there are no regular flat earthers posting in this thread. As far as I'm aware JP is the only poster on GIM2 that declares simply "I believe Earth is flat". There are no others...that I'm aware of that do so. Now you can continue to try to put me in that camp if you like, but you do so while ignoring what I've said over and over again. I do not claim to know the shape of Earth. I've claimed only that it is NOT a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. I could give two shits if you accept this response or not.

My point in these threads is to question what many(most) people accept as "fact" without even a second thought. Most of those concepts are discussed eloquently in the OP which we pretty much never discuss in this thread...because people like you won't watch it, won't take it seriously, and won't address it without responding like a child throwing a tantrum. If you were self aware for even a few seconds, you'd probably be asking yourself why the subject makes you irrational, but that doesn't happen.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
In the end, there are no "proofs" of flat earth.

Not one single shred of evidence.

Not even logic.

Just the same circular arguement found floating counter clockwise around the commodes of academia in a sea of brilliant azure

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I keep telling you that there are no regular flat earthers posting in this thread. As far as I'm aware JP is the only poster on GIM2 that declares simply "I believe Earth is flat". There are no others...that I'm aware of that do so. Now you can continue to try to put me in that camp if you like, but you do so while ignoring what I've said over and over again. I do not claim to know the shape of Earth. I've claimed only that it is NOT a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. I could give two shits if you accept this response or not.
Right then, the earth is not a spheroid and that is all we know... aside from the fact that everyone is lying about it being a spheroid.

OK then... WHY? at least give me a decent why! What possible difference could it make to say the US .gov if the whole thing proved to be a cube?

I can tell you the nav maths works just like it is a spheroid... so there is that.... and those pesky airlines fly around like it is a spheroid, that whole thing kinda works for them.

Anywhoooooooo....

My point in these threads is to question what many(most) people accept as "fact" without even a second thought. Most of those concepts are discussed eloquently in the OP which we pretty much never discuss in this thread...because people like you won't watch it, won't take it seriously, and won't address it without responding like a child throwing a tantrum. If you were self aware for even a few seconds, you'd probably be asking yourself why the subject makes you irrational, but that doesn't happen.
There you go again telling me what I have and have not done, what I will and will not do, and what my emotional state is over it all. It amazes me how consistently and confidently wrong you can be.

Tantrum?

Oh chit baby boy, you should been here back in the days of K1 and K2... tantrum... LOL, you are wet behind the ears if you think you have raised anything but amusement.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Anyway... on with the show.

3) The natural physics of water is to find and maintain its level. If Earth were a giant sphere tilted, wobbling and hurdling through infinite space then truly flat, consistently level surfaces would not exist here. But since Earth is in fact an extended flat plane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.
... but water is never "truly flat" and no one serious claims that it is.

Yes I know I clipped the article but it is pretty much verbatim what is said in the video so lower your knickers and don't split hairs!

4) Rivers run down to sea-level finding the easiest course, North, South, East, West and all other intermediary directions over the Earth at the same time. If Earth were truly a spinning ball then many of these rivers would be impossibly flowing uphill, for example the Mississippi in its 3000 miles would have to ascend 11 miles before reaching the Gulf of Mexico.
Uphill? ... but there is no uphill in the sense he is referring to. Height is a distance from the center, up hill / down hill is a relative measure. He seems to think that space has an up and down!

Come on Sol?!!!! This is kindergarten stuff!!!

Do we have to do all 200 before you will admit he has no case?

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
10) The London and Northwestern Railway forms a straight line 180 miles long between London and Liverpool. The railroad’s highest point, midway at Birmingham station, is only 240 feet above sea-level. If the world were actually a globe, however, curving 8 inches per mile squared, the 180 mile stretch of rail would form an arc with the center point at Birmingham raising over a mile, a full 5,400 feet above London and Liverpool.
He really misunderstands altitude doesn't he! This is funny stuff, what can you say to such perverse child like logic!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
OK then... WHY? at least give me a decent why!
I did. More than once. I cannot help it if you're emotional about this topic and choose to not read anything I type in response to your emotional gibberish. I've already apologized repeatedly for attacking your religion. Get over it dude.

BTW

1580904158294.png

"Settled science" is an oxymoron.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
.. but water is never "truly flat" and no one serious claims that it is.
Meaning that "wind" exists? I find your response to be little more than a cop out. You know as well as I do what was being alleged. That being that water does not simply wrap itself around the exterior surfaces of spheroids naturally...particularly spheroids allegedly also rotating. Conveniently it too is something that's chalked up to unicorn fart gravitational theory...that also conveniently cannot be modeled by anyone stuck here on Earth because gravity is apparently so easily distracted.

...and for god's sake don't give me a freaking argument based upon water tension. It's so tiring and I've been through all that crap with the other half of the dynamic duo pseudo-science defense force. Nobody believes the oceans stick to Earth due to water tension...so don't bother if you'd like to discuss the topic seriously.
Height is a distance from the center, up hill / down hill is a relative measure.
Welcome to the world of biased thought processes. Yes, if one simply assumes the Earth is a spheroid then one can easily reach the conclusion you reached. Care to try again with a more objective approach now? Mr Eratosthenes? You are aware that science requires objectivity yes? You think that by seeing the world as a spheroid and nothing else that it will help you to debate the shape of the world? lol
He really misunderstands altitude doesn't he! This is funny stuff, what can you say to such perverse child like logic!
...because again you assume that "altitude" means distance from the alleged core of Earth. A core that none have ever been anywhere near, but you, no doubt "KNOW" to exist? ...and exist as the "center of gravity"...literally the resting point for all the undetectable, unmeasurable, graviton unicorns that bring us all the wonderful magic that surrounds us? ...and you think HE reasons like a child? Why do you accept as fact that which you cannot prove...and have never yourself experienced? Why do you so easily suspend your own ability to reason and substitute the reason of so called "experts" that may or may not have a shred of integrity?

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That being that water does not simply wrap itself around the exterior surfaces of spheroids naturally...particularly spheroids allegedly also rotating.
What shape will it wrap itself around? A cube? A rectangle? Maybe a triangle?

If it won't wrap around a sphere, how could it wrap around any shape other than something that's flat?
....and you try to claim you are not a flat Earther?

Is there anyone reading who cannot see how dishonest @solarion is being?

He claims there is no curvature of the Earth's surface and water cannot cling to a sphere, so what else is there other than a flat shape that would fit his criteria?
....but he says he's not a flat Earther. Lol

@solarion is as dishonest as the day is long. Posts pics he claims as proof of a non-curved Earth, but then claims he never said the Earth is flat. Lol lol

In the end, there are no "proofs" of flat earth.

Not one single shred of evidence.

Not even logic.

Just the same circular arguement found floating counter clockwise around the commodes of academia in a sea of brilliant azure
It's called brain pollution.
....and what I'm doing is trying to help others to not have their brains polluted with bs too.