• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry dad. ;)

Golly I wonder why NASA tells the fibs they do...

Fuk you other religions! It's all about the pseudo-science religion now baby! Come worship at the altar of government.

Last edited:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Can we at least stop this spinning spheroid 1800 miles per hour shit?

Yes, 1800 mph at the equator equals 1, that is ONE, rpm per DAY.

Get an ant, situate the ant on the edge of the largest Tupperware bowl the wife has. Spin the poor ant at ONE rpm per day.

Surely made the ant dizzy, so much so that he can't even think 'breadcrumb'.

Same for spinning a pancake ONE rpm per day. Just try it, and see the applesauce flying. </sarc off>.

Circumference = 2 pi x radius. Arithmetic.

Any case. Back to your regular programming.

Golden Regards
Uncle

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The revolutions per cycle thing is a quaint argument...though nobody to my knowledge claims 1800 mph, and I've no idea why anyone would.

24901(miles) / 24(hours) = 1037.5417 mph at the equator.

Now here's the problem I have with the "1 revolution / 24 hour cycle is actually slow argument". It ignores the observable fact that humans live only on the exterior surface of Earth. ...and on the surface of Earth the above math absolutely applies. Sure at Earth's alleged core on the spinning water pear model the angular velocity would be much lower, but again humans do not live there, have never been there, and cannot even confirm its existence via empiricism.

On the external surface of a spheroid alleged to be 24,901 miles in circumference the proper speed of rotation *IS* 1037.5417 mph at the equator...and yes that's fukking fast. Significantly faster than sound even...which brings up interesting questions to my mind...particularly as speeds go up even more with regard to the air sphere(which is allegedly rotating in sync with Earth) as one calculates angular velocity at ever higher altitude.

The model is a complete wreck from an objective scientific view, we've all simply been trained, almost from birth to not notice the problems.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
damn!
Leave you kids for 24 hours and lookit the mess you made!!
It just keeps getting dummer and dummer! Said with the appropriate local accent!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I want pancakes now. Fuckers!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Banana and bell peppers? Is that what's on it? Nah.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Meaning that "wind" exists? I find your response to be little more than a cop out. You know as well as I do what was being alleged. That being that water does not simply wrap itself around the exterior surfaces of spheroids naturally...particularly spheroids allegedly also rotating. Conveniently it too is something that's chalked up to unicorn fart gravitational theory...that also conveniently cannot be modeled by anyone stuck here on Earth because gravity is apparently so easily distracted.

...and for god's sake don't give me a freaking argument based upon water tension. It's so tiring and I've been through all that crap with the other half of the dynamic duo pseudo-science defense force. Nobody believes the oceans stick to Earth due to water tension...so don't bother if you'd like to discuss the topic seriously.
... but water does wrap itself around a spheroid naturally when you apply the physical conditions that a planet experiences. So there is that...

Welcome to the world of biased thought processes. Yes, if one simply assumes the Earth is a spheroid then one can easily reach the conclusion you reached. Care to try again with a more objective approach now? Mr Eratosthenes? You are aware that science requires objectivity yes? You think that by seeing the world as a spheroid and nothing else that it will help you to debate the shape of the world? lol
Ahem... He made the assumption as a condtion of the argument then proceeded to treat it from a flat earth perspective. He lost the objective view when he mixed two paradigms to suit his assumptions. I merely pointed out that GIVEN his argument his conclusion is incorrect.

...because again you assume that "altitude" means distance from the alleged core of Earth. A core that none have ever been anywhere near, but you, no doubt "KNOW" to exist? ...and exist as the "center of gravity"...literally the resting point for all the undetectable, unmeasurable, graviton unicorns that bring us all the wonderful magic that surrounds us? ...and you think HE reasons like a child? Why do you accept as fact that which you cannot prove...and have never yourself experienced? Why do you so easily suspend your own ability to reason and substitute the reason of so called "experts" that may or may not have a shred of integrity?
My assumptions aside HE SET A SPHEROID EARTH AS A CONDITION OF THE ARGUMENT. Got it? Yes he reasons like a child by setting a condition for an argument then reaching a conclusion by assuming another condition that suits his bias.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The revolutions per cycle thing is a quaint argument...though nobody to my knowledge claims 1800 mph, and I've no idea why anyone would.

Now here's the problem I have with the "1 revolution / 24 hour cycle is actually slow argument". It ignores the observable fact that humans live only on the exterior surface of Earth. ...and on the surface of Earth the above math absolutely applies. Sure at Earth's alleged core on the spinning water pear model the angular velocity would be much lower, but again humans do not live there, have never been there, and cannot even confirm its existence via empiricism.

On the external surface of a spheroid alleged to be 24,901 miles in circumference the proper speed of rotation *IS* 1037.5417 mph at the equator...and yes that's fukking fast. Significantly faster than sound even...which brings up interesting questions to my mind...particularly as speeds go up even more with regard to the air sphere(which is allegedly rotating in sync with Earth) as one calculates angular velocity at ever higher altitude.

The model is a complete wreck from an objective scientific view, we've all simply been trained, almost from birth to not notice the problems.
1037.5417 mph (old measurements, so quaint!) is fukking slow in space, so there is that. It's only fast when you try it in air... and man when you try it in water, WOW!.

You frame everything by your lived experience in earths atmosphere, not very objective now is it?

When sailing we deal with apparent wind speed. 30 knots sailing to windward in a fastish boat has the impact of say 37 knots, down wind it is a relative 20 knots. So it is on the face of the planet... its all moving so relatively it isn't.

I know that is too hard, sorry.

Oh yeah, and wind exists... it took out two local high tension towers last Friday, 78 knots... I'm pretty sure that was wind. We had 40 knots in our Friday night race, it was very real... let me assure you of that.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
... but water does wrap itself around a spheroid naturally when you apply the physical conditions that a planet experiences. So there is that...
Ah so gravity magic is never questioned. How very. ...objective of you. So what size must a spheroid be before magic graviton fairies get big and strong enough to begin wrapping water around its exterior?

Your other non-arguments are not worth my time. You do realize we were ALL globe believers at some point right? Don't you think the creator of the video knows a bit about spinning water pear mythology? lol

You frame everything by your lived experience in earths atmosphere, not very objective now is it?
That's how empiricism works bro. LMAO

I have never personally walked on Mars. You?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ah so gravity magic is never questioned. How very. ...objective of you. So what size must a spheroid be before magic graviton fairies get big and strong enough to begin wrapping water around its exterior?
Big enough to sustain an orbit in space.

I can demonstrate gravity as I can demonstrate the need for you have air to breath so until you can prove neither demonstrable condition is real I will default to them as a part of my reality. Stuff tends to fall down in most cases and when it doesn't the explanation is logical given the underlying conditions.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Your other non-arguments are not worth my time. You do realize we were ALL globe believers at some point right? Don't you think the creator of the video knows a bit about spinning water pear mythology? lol
The creator of that video is a classic case of the Dunning Kruger effect!!!!!!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That's how empiricism works bro. LMAO

I have never personally walked on Mars. You?
So we assume that atmosphere is everywhere but that the observable force of gravity isn't real?

Logical Bro...

Satvia much? Bro....

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
You do realize we were ALL globe believers at some point right?
Now your are talking unadulerated pure bullshit as there are many arguments of you wanting 'flat'. Should I call for a friend, 'Joe King'?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So we assume that atmosphere is everywhere
That would be cool.
If it was, we could just get in a plane and fly Jetson's style anywhere we wanted go.
Rockets wouldn't need oxidizer.
....but he fails to account for the thinning atmosphere as altitude increases, to the point of virtually no air.
Anyone can prove the air thins with altitude. Even sol.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Can you tell me how/where you got 1800 mph from? ...cuz damn I've never heard that one. LMAO

Any chance you can show your work on that one? ...as I did?
Big enough to sustain an orbit in space.
Ah so it's a self sustaining "scientific theory" that doesn't require facts, experiments, repeat-ability, etc...it's something that must be taken on...ummm faith is it?

IOW it's a religious belief. ROFLMAO at you guys. Deny that brainwashing!

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Have you ever flown, Sol? In a Boeing or Airbus device. Ever had the fear that the hostess would bump into you at 800 km/h?. Ever feared that your jello would hit you in the face, real hard? Ever aimed really left of the airplane toilet, and still missed? Ever had to sprint 820 km/h, to reach the toilet? Never happened, eh? Recalculating believes should assist.

Regards
Uncle

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Can you tell me how/where you got 1800 mph from? ...cuz damn I've never heard that one. LMAO

Ah so it's a self sustaining "scientific theory" that doesn't require facts, experiments, repeat-ability, etc...it's something that must be taken on...ummm faith is it?

IOW it's a religious belief. ROFLMAO at you guys.
Substitute for 1037.4532675 and you'd have the same issue. ROTFLMAO.

Religious? Wrong guy, massa.

Regards
Uncle

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Ummm...was that an answer? Did you do the maths wrong? ...and now you're embarrassed or what?

I asked simply where 1800 mph came from. Is that an unreasonable request? ...somehow?

I get called dumb constantly for this topic. I know I'm not...and I know too the dumbest guy in the room keeps mentioning dunning-kruger...which is kind of lulzy, but this is a simple maths issue...right? I'd genuinely like to know where 1800 mph came from.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ummm...was that an answer? Did you do the maths wrong? ...and now you're embarrassed or what?

I asked simply where 1800 mph came from. Is that an unreasonable request? ...somehow?

I get called dumb constantly for this topic. I know I'm not...and I know too the dumbest guy in the room keeps mentioning dunning-kruger...which is kind of lulzy, but this is a simple maths issue...right? I'd genuinely like to know where 1800 mph came from.
Out my arse. Satisfied? I'm on tablet, it is late and I'm tired. Do you really expect me to remember or recalculate every stupid number quoted?

Still doesn't change a thing. But I, for sure know that you'll fixate on 1800 like a dog on a bone.

Now, answer the Great Circle Navigation phenomena issue, as requested by Zed.

Regards
Uncle

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
@solarion , it's pretty darn hypocritical of you to respond to him that way, seeing as whenever you've made a mistake in regards to this subject matter and get called on it, you ignore it, then you accuse others of attacking you and then putting them on ignore.
Merely for having pointed out your mistakes. Same as you are doing to him right now. So what? He got his numbers off a little bit. If the wind was blowing at 1037mph or 1800mph, I doubt it would make much difference to any of us. We'd have been gone before it hit 600mph.

I never called you dumb. The problem is that your self education on this topic has taken you off on a tangent from the truth of the matter.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Nope, it's fine. I actually figured you simply misspoke and meant KPH since 1037 mph is relatively close to 1800 kph...ummm...just under 1700 if rough guesstimates serve me. I'd no intention of dragging you through the mud, was just curious.

I've no idea what sailor question Zed is interested in obsessing over. I have addressed his issues regarding the video in the OP. He's quite frankly not that bright imo and I don't particularly enjoy conversing with him.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Pizza Pi! OMFG YOU HAVE SOLVED EVERYTHING!

You can't get to the edge because of Crust Mountain!

You can't tunnel under the mountains because the cheese filling would flow out, leaving the whole show unstable!

Guam would tip over and then all of the bomber scanners would fly right off the earth!

Oh! Feck!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I've no idea what sailor question Zed is interested in obsessing over. I have addressed his issues regarding the video in the OP. He's quite frankly not that bright imo and I don't particularly enjoy conversing with him.
Translation: unable to answer, so must pretend he already has, and then start ignoring the issue. Classic Sol

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy here? Demands responses from others on minor mistakes, but ignores his own wildly wrong assertions when others call him on it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Translation: unable to answer, so must pretend he already has, and then start ignoring the issue. Classic Sol

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy here? Demands responses from others on minor mistakes, but ignores his own wildly wrong assertions when others call him on it.
No you're definetly not!

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So a simple question if as the thread states "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball"

Can the thread author tell me what shape the Earth is? A Yes or No answer would be great, not some long drawn out explanation avoiding an answer.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
INTERMISSION

lulzy
Adjective
(comparative lulzier, superlative lulziest)

(Internet slang) Engendering lulz; comical, amusing, especially in terms of schadenfreude.
Origin
lulz +‎ -y

— back to our regular program

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So a simple question if as the thread states "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball"

Can the thread author tell me what shape the Earth is? A Yes or No answer would be great, not some long drawn out explanation avoiding an answer.
Bob?
Bob ain't sayin nothin.
his work here is done.
<heh>
BF

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
OK one more trip to the well...

Can SOLARION tell me what shape the Earth is? A Yes or No answer would be great, not some long drawn out explanation avoiding an answer.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
No, you asked me how big and I told you. If you want to know more ask civilly, it is called discussion.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
@solarion , it's pretty darn hypocritical of you to respond to him that way, seeing as whenever you've made a mistake in regards to this subject matter and get called on it, you ignore it, then you accuse others of attacking you and then putting them on ignore.
Merely for having pointed out your mistakes. Same as you are doing to him right now. So what? He got his numbers off a little bit. If the wind was blowing at 1037mph or 1800mph, I doubt it would make much difference to any of us. We'd have been gone before it hit 600mph.
ANTIFA play book... or at the very least the Extreme Left Wing play book.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
... and yet you can't answer why navigating a great circle course is the shortest distance between two point points on the earth surface. A condition that would only be true if the earth was a sphere or close to it. It's standard practice for commercial shipping and airlines, both are industries not prone to doing things that are inefficient.

On top of that I have done the exercise myself between Sydney and Hobart and confirmed for myself that it is indeed true.

That satisfies all the conditions that you have demanded, empirical proof of a phenomena (one that is widely exploited in industry) and a proof that I have personally validated.

So... answer the question. Why do you not believe that the earth is not a spheroid in the face of irrefutable evidence (if you are capable of doing the math) supported by industry best practice based on that truth, that you can (even if you rely on a GPS/Plotter) can go out and check yourself at relatively low cost.

Deal with the question. If the earth isn't a spheroid, as you claim, then why is this so?

Surely you can manage to answer a question posed by stupid guy like me, surely you are good enough to satisfy my curiosity and help me learn without insulting me? Are you a big enough person to at least attempt a rational answer?

Last edited:

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
In his world anyone who accepts the current set of theories that we have the science to support and that he chooses not to accept is religious. I think he called it scientism or summin, frankly I can't be bothered to look back for the word but you get the sentiment.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
... and yet you can't answer why navigating a great circle course is the shortest distance between two point points on the earth surface. A condition that would only be true if the earth was a sphere or close to it. It's standard practice for commercial shipping and airlines both industries not prone to doing things that are inefficient.

On top of that I have done the exercise myself between Sydney and Hobart and confirmed for myself that it is indeed true.

That satisfies all the conditions that you have demanded, empirical proof of a phenomena that is widely exploited in industry and a proof that I have personally validated.

So... answer the question. Why do you not believe that the earth is not a spheroid in the face of irrefutable evidence (if you are capable of doing the math) supported by industry best practice based on that truth, that you can (even if you rely on a GPS/Plotter) can go out and check yourself at relatively low cost.

Deal with the question. If the earth isn't a spheroid, as you claim, then why is this so?

Surely you can manage to answer a question posed by stupid guy like me, surely you are good enough to satisfy my curiosity and help me learn without insulting me? Are you a big enough person to at least attempt a rational answer?
Good questions.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Can SOLARION tell me what shape the Earth is? A Yes or No answer would be great, not some long drawn out explanation avoiding an answer.
So far it would appear, and to paraphrase him, he has no fecking idea!

...and it would seem less interest.

It looks like he more enjoys pissing @ authority of every sort without discrimination. Which is feeding into the fear that I expressed earlier that we are moving from hard science toward dogmatic beliefs and IMO that is no way to run a planet! LOL.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I think I have checked all the boxes he demanded so why will he not answer the question?

I will leave the gentle reader to make up their mind on that one.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
LOL, nah, it's not a religion!

Here are the Flat Earth 10 Commandments!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Surely you can manage to answer a question posed by stupid guy like me, surely you are good enough to satisfy my curiosity and help me learn without insulting me?
Magic 8 Ball says, Don't count on it.

Are you a big enough person to at least attempt a rational answer?
At this point, that is the only question that truly matters in this whole thread.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dear god man. Can you not read what I write? I mean if you don't believe me, that's fine, just say that, but I just said what I've said over and over...

***I CHECKED***

The shape of the Earth under our feet is not an abstract concept bro. You really can do your own experiments and don't have to sit around hoping one of your precious priests of pseudo-science will toss you a bone and tell you more about what you think you know.
Exactly which experiments are you referring to and what would these experiments be attempting to prove or disprove?
I'm looking for the post that described how you checked Sol... please link it, I'd like to check out your check.