• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's difficult to discuss rationally a complex topic with someone that cannot recall what they themselves said even a moment prior
you mean like when you post stuff that you say proves the Earth is flat, but when it's shown to be wrong in such a way that even a 10 yo could understand it, you pretend like you can't remember having posted it?
You mean like that?

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Sol is here to waste time, time that you, as human, can't get back.

It's method of arguing is the same in all threads it wishes to argue.

Obfuscate, derail and go off on a tangent and keep going just for the fuck of it, wasting time.

In other threads it is the great patriot, almost making sense, proponent of the first and second. Until earth is mentioned, and it is all over the place.

Wish I could have programmed it.

Golden Regards
Uncle

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
You are out of order here, by a fucking mile. What does a white make have to do with anything here? PS I'm white, in case you've missed it.
SInce when am I subject to your order?

How am I susposed to know you're white, other than what you say here?

Can you prove that you're white. How ridiculous does this need to get.

Attacking white males, like the allowance of massive influx of other colored peoples into this nation, is about social discombobulation, both of which is ongoing in this thread. Problem is, IMHO, they're not as smart as they think they are, thinking they're attacking a white male.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Really? What is bolded here then? It's difficult to discuss rationally a complex topic with someone that cannot recall what they themselves said even a moment prior.
You bought in FALSIFICATION you NUMBNUT, that was the point I made. I mentioned theory and supporting evidence which has no bearing on FALSIFICATION what so ever.

Why are you always argueing side points that you introduce without addressing the question? It's this Tourette 's thing isn't it? Blurt out some side point and then argue with yourself about it. Why do you do this?

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You may though, if you weren't so busy KNOWING what you don't actually KNOW, but BELIEVE so strenuously you cannot entertain any other alternatives. Your loss.
There you go again. Telling people what they do and don't know, will and won't do. Man you are one arrogant SOB.... and yet you come up with nada on the whole.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thank you for this in your boredom with us, it's obviously your playbook for your little social disintegration games.
Lighten up dude... it was humour. Ever heard of that?

And we're mass attacking sol cuz it's intellect is a bit too bright a light, and you believe it's a white male, and you need to reemphasize how fuckin cool you are, and how bored you are dealing with us lesser creatures...
Nah... I'm poking a little fun at the status quo.

Sorry that you feel you are a lesser creature... Why that would be I have no idea but get some help and learn to laugh a little on the odd occasion.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I think I just use too large a words for you to comprehend bro. Try reading it again SLOOOOOWLY genius.

Seriously you're dumb as a box of rox. Leave the science to joking he's blind as a bat to the religious aspects of what he's saying, but his IQ is probably twice yours. The reason I don't argue these points with him, is because we've already gone over all of it and it's all re-runs now.

I put you on ignore btw...you quite literally offer nothing in this conversation. I appreciated when you actually addressed 3 aspects raised in the OP, but then you approached them from a purely non-objective viewpoint and it amounted to absolutely nothing.

Sol is here to waste time, time that you, as human, can't get back.
Which begs the question, why are there so many takers? Gosh, it's almost like you guys are emotionally compelled to post in these threads.

Do you notice also that these threads where I express my issues with physics/cosmology and the bitcoin threads are the ONLY threads in which I ever trade paint with anyone here? Do you wonder why? ...it ain't about rational differences of opinion.

Last edited:

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
To have day/night cycles a flat earth would have to rotate on an axis through the flat plane and that axis would have to be more or less perpendicular to the plane of the solar system. But then the entire earth would experience sunrise and sunset at the same times. Which it does not.

R.

Last edited:

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Which begs the question, why are there so many takers?
It's amusing me while I keep an eye on market action... which is what I do for a $ and which gets boring.

You are a fun distraction that I don't really have to devote much brain power to, makes the day go faster.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Assuming the Sun is 93m miles away and not small and local of course...which is precisely what flat earth proponents espouse.

The problem is that we all KNOW the sun is 93m miles away, just as we all KNOW the sun is 864k miles in diameter and we all KNOW the sun is a thermonuclear fusion reactor. We all KNOW these things because we've all been taught to know these things.

...and the observable fact that the sun CANNOT be a thermonuclear fusion reactor has been known for a century, yet that doesn't seem to bother mainstream science. They just do what they always do now...ignore falsifying arguments and claim they'll figure it out later.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I put you on ignore btw...you quite literally offer nothing in this conversation.
Well then, a direct hit for Uncle!

Well done old chap, he went full ignore on your butt! You won the internet today!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
whats the plate dipped in oil about, there?
[sorry if its been covered already — I'm kinda dizzy]
bf

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No one is attacking sol. Expecting him to address the holes in his theory is not attacking. If you can't see that, you be one soft sensitive little snowflake.

Why are you always argueing side points that you introduce without addressing the question? It's this Tourette 's thing isn't it? Blurt out some side point and then argue with yourself about it. Why do you do this?
Because he is utterly incapable of addressing the the points you've made.

Seriously you're dumb as a box of rox.
More insults instead of an honest response. Figures.

Leave the science to joking he's blind as a bat
Still nowhere near as blind as you. You are willfully blind. Not even mr maggoo glasses would help you.
....and btw, bats aren't actually blind at all. I figured a smart guy like you would know that.

but his IQ is probably twice yours.
Since you wanna talk intelligence, one definate mark of intelligence is being able to use what one already knows, to ACCURATELY figure out what was previously unknown. Ie: the ability to correctly deduce an answer from incomplete data. On that scale and in this subject, you fail miserably.

I appreciated when you actually addressed 3 aspects raised in the OP, but then you approached them from a purely non-objective viewpoint and it amounted to absolutely nothing.
Sols old, "since you didn't come to the same mistaken conclusion I did, your opinion is worthless".
....and that's after having asked for it. Lol

it's almost like you guys are emotionally compelled to post in these threads.
No more than you are. You are the one originally asking questions about it.

Do you notice also that these threads where I express my issues with physics/cosmology and the bitcoin threads are the ONLY threads in which I ever trade paint with anyone here? Do you wonder why? ...it ain't about rational differences of opinion.
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

The problem is that we all KNOW the sun is 93m miles away, just as we all KNOW the sun is 864k miles in diameter and we all KNOW the sun is a thermonuclear fusion reactor. We all KNOW these things because we've all been taught to know these things.
Yes, we do know the Sun is 93m miles away. You could too if you examined the relevant data.
.....and by bringing up the distance to the Sun, are you not admitting that you believe the Earth to be flat? Flat Earthers are the only ones I know of who try to claim that the Sun is much smaller and closer than it actually is.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
..and by bringing up the distance to the Sun, are you not admitting that you believe the Earth to be flat? Flat Earthers are the only ones I know of who try to claim that the Sun is much smaller and closer than it actually is
@solarion , seeing how you keep bringing up points traditionally only brought up by flat Earthers, can you not see how people come to the conclusion that you are in fact a flat Earther? You've denied being that, so you get treated by others as though you do not have a firm grasp upon how the World (physically) works.

If you are a flat Earther, just admit it. @Juristic Person at least is honest enough to admit it and you threw his butt under the bus a few pages back.
....and for the record, jp and I have had a few rounds on these subjects too, but he has my respect for being upfront about where he stands.

You also bring up stuff from the Bible in regards to the shape of the Earth. Are you a Christian Fundamentalist who also believes in a flat Earth? If so, it's ok to just admit it. At that point we can all stop trying to answer your questions, as there would no longer be a point in attempting to do so. Nothing would convince you, as you would see it as a violation of your religion
....and I could also respect that

As it stands now, I've approached you on this subject in the same manner I'd approach a real life friend who I saw was getting themselves off in weeds beyond the ballpark on any subject.
Ie: I'd try to help them.
...but if you are what I am asking about, it is you who is trying to do the convincing and teaching and you have no interest in hearing anyone's answers to these issues.

Bottom line, it's nice to know what one is dealing with.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's amusing me while I keep an eye on market action... which is what I do for a $ and which gets boring.

You are a fun distraction that I don't really have to devote much brain power to, makes the day go faster.
So how about that market... nothing like a pandemic to propel is to new all time highs... wait WTF. This thread 8s one giant WTF. No one knows anything. End of story.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Assuming the Sun is 93m miles away and not small and local of course...which is precisely what flat earth proponents espouse.

...and the observable fact that the sun CANNOT be a thermonuclear fusion reactor has been known for a century, yet that doesn't seem to bother mainstream science. They just do what they always do now...ignore falsifying arguments and claim they'll figure it out later.
So the Sun is not a ball field but fusion.

Think I've figured out your arguments.

Dodge, dip, duck, dive, and DODGE.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL, watched one flat earth vid and now my YouTube feed is full of flat earth vids!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What if its neither flat or round.... Could th
There's simply too much evidence of roundness and a complete lack of evidence of flatness.

As Zed pointed out, great circle routes work on any part of the Earth. If it were not spherical in shape, that would not be the case.
....but it is the case.

Also, stars in the Southern Hemisphere would make a completely different pattern in long exposure photos than the ones in the Northern Hemisphere do.
....but they both make the same pattern.

Also, anywhere on Earth that tall objects are visible over the horizon can be used to calculate the Earth's curvature.
Like that pic of Chicago that sol was so kind to post, but now has to ignore because even he can see that to acknowledge what it obviously shows, would be to admit he is wrong.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Gravity would not allow a flat earth to survive for very long.

R.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Gravity would not allow a flat earth to survive for very long.

R.
Flat Earthers say gravity doesn't exist. So therefore their idea of a flat Earth works for them.

They say that the reason stuff falls, is merely a result of density.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Flat Earthers say gravity doesn't exist. So therefore their idea of a flat Earth works for them.

They say that the reason stuff falls, is merely a result of density.
And what determines the direction of fall?

Actually, mass causes gravity and is what gravity acts on.
A flat earth would not survive long.

R.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And what determines the direction of fall?

Actually, mass causes gravity and is what gravity acts on.
A flat earth would not survive long.

R.
I absolutely agree. I was merely explaining how our flat Earther members have previously described it.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
There's simply too much evidence of roundness and a complete lack of evidence of flatness.

As Zed pointed out, great circle routes work on any part of the Earth. If it were not spherical in shape, that would not be the case.
....but it is the case.

Also, stars in the Southern Hemisphere would make a completely different pattern in long exposure photos than the ones in the Northern Hemisphere do.
....but they both make the same pattern.

Also, anywhere on Earth that tall objects are visible over the horizon can be used to calculate the Earth's curvature.
Like that pic of Chicago that sol was so kind to post, but now has to ignore because even he can see that to acknowledge what it obviously shows, would be to admit he is wrong.
I doubt, from your response that you even perused the link....

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I doubt, from your response that you even perused the link....
You're right, I didn't.
....but that shouldn't matter, as what I posted as a response clearly points out 3 reasons of many, as to why it's impossible for the Earth to be any shape other than a round ball shaped object.

If there exists proof of a flat Earth that also accounts for the 3 things I responded with, please just post it.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
People do not ask questions when they already have all the answers. Everybody KNOWS gravity is caused by mass. Now getting a definition of the word "gravity" should be simple, since everybody seems to KNOW so much about it, but that isn't the case. Even physicists admit they don't know what gravity is. That has been the case for five centuries.
Think I've figured out your arguments.
Have you noticed they tend to be centered around the observable fact that mainstream scientists are liars?

I posted about the sun, and you posted about me.
So the Sun is not a ball field but fusion.
A ball field? Like a baseball field? Care to try again in English? If you don't understand what I said that's fine, maybe try asking for clarification? ...or not.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
People do not ask questions when they already have all the answers. Everybody KNOWS gravity is caused by mass. Now getting a definition of the word "gravity" should be simple, since everybody seems to KNOW so much about it, but that isn't the case. Even physicists admit they don't know what gravity is. That has been the case for five centuries.

Have you noticed they tend to be centered around the observable fact that mainstream scientists are liars?

I posted about the sun, and you posted about me.

A ball field? Like a baseball field? Care to try again in English? If you don't understand what I said that's fine, maybe try asking for clarification? ...or not.
Again, please stay on topic. This thread is about the shape and/or angular velocity of the ground beneath our feat. No more, no less.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Get bent. I was responding to what Ragnarok said. If you dislike my posts...don't read them. I know it's a shock, but it's not all about you bud.
To have day/night cycles a flat earth would have to rotate on an axis through the flat plane and that axis would have to be more or less perpendicular to the plane of the solar system. But then the entire earth would experience sunrise and sunset at the same times. Which it does not.

R.

Does it make more sense now? I have the pseudo-science dynamic duo on ignore...because religious zealotry is boring. I should have quoted Ragnarok initially, but the only thing between his post and mine was another pointless off topic post by the junior member of the a-theist defense force.

Well done old chap, he went full ignore on your butt! You won the internet today!
ROFL ...missed it by THAT much.

TLDW; Newtonian gravity pulls, Einsteinian gravity(general relativity) pushes. Both are provably wrong via experiment.

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
You're right, I didn't.
....but that shouldn't matter, as what I posted as a response clearly points out 3 reasons of many, as to why it's impossible for the Earth to be any shape other than a round ball shaped object.

If there exists proof of a flat Earth that also accounts for the 3 things I responded with, please just post it.
Your certainly an accolyte of your religion when you refuse to even entertain other possibilities... its actually not scientically possible for the earth to be the ball you think & believe it is. Arguing with a man about his religion is & has always proven to be an unproductive activity.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
you refuse to even entertain other possibilities..
I have no problem entertaining possibilities that are in fact possible. A flat Earth ain't possible.

its actually not scientically possible for the earth to be the ball you think & believe it is.
Yet here it is. Bob, if it wasn't the shape of a round ball, great circle routes wouldn't work in the way they are proven to work.

There's simply too much factual evidence of a round spherical Earth fo it to be any other shape.

Arguing with a man about his religion is & has always proven to be an unproductive activity.
Yes, that exactly describes what it's like trying to discuss this issue with flat Earthers. They ignore all evidence to the contrary of what they want to be true. Ie: there's the religion in this subject. Flat Earth dogma.

If the Earth ain't as described, please explain how great circle routes would function on s flat Earth as they are proven to work on a round Earth. Ball's in your court.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I have no problem entertaining possibilities that are in fact possible. A flat Earth ain't possible.

Yet here it is. Bob, if it wasn't the shape of a round ball, great circle routes wouldn't work in the way they are proven to work.

There's simply too much factual evidence of a round spherical Earth fo it to be any other shape.

Yes, that exactly describes what it's like trying to discuss this issue with flat Earthers. They ignore all evidence to the contrary of what they want to be true. Ie: there's the religion in this subject. Flat Earth dogma.

If the Earth ain't as described, please explain how great circle routes would function on s flat Earth as they are proven to work on a round Earth. Ball's in your court.
I have never stated the earth was/is flat, I have always stated its neither!

globus.jpg

https://rgdn.info/en/gipoteza_idsz_ikosaedro-dodekaedricheskaya_struktura_zemli._mnogogranniki

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Tell flat Earthers what shape is the Earth?

Their best guess = :don't    know2:

And what shape is the Moon :don't    know2:

How about the Sun what shape is the Sun :don't    know2:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Tell flat Earthers what shape is the Earth?

Their best guess = :don't    know2:

And what shape is the Moon :don't    know2:

How about the Sun what shape is the Sun :don't    know2:
They're denying that they are FEs. I think a muchmore fitting term would be contrarians.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm sure they would disagree with your assessment ;-)
It's like a glitch in a software program gone awry with a self destructing, perpetual contrarian ping pong of contradictions.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Contrary.

contrary (adj.)
mid-14c., "opposite, opposed, at the opposite point or in the opposite direction; extremely unlike, most unlike," from Anglo-French contrarie, Old French contrarie, and directly from Latin contrarius "opposite, opposed; contrary, reverse," from contra "against" (see contra). Meaning "given to contradiction, perverse, intractable" is from late 14c.; sense of "adverse, unfavorable" is from late 14c. Related: Contrarily.
As a noun from late 13c., "one of a pair of characters, propositions, terms, etc., the most different possible within the same class." The phrase on the contrary "in precise or extreme opposition to what has been said" is attested from c. 1400 as in the contrary.
If we take the statement All men are mortal, its contrary is Not all men are mortal, its converse is All mortal beings are men, & its opposite is No men are mortal. The contrary, however, does not exclude the opposite, but includes it as its most extreme form. Thus This is white has only one opposite, This is black, but many contraries, as This is not white, This is coloured, This is dirty, This is black; & whether the last form is called the contrary, or more emphatically the opposite, is usually indifferent. But to apply the opposite to a mere contrary (e.g. to I did not hit him in relation to I hit him, which has no opposite), or to the converse (e.g. to He hit me in relation to I hit him, to which it is neither contrary nor opposite), is a looseness that may easily result in misunderstanding; the temptation to go wrong is intelligible when it is remembered that with certain types of sentence (A exceeds B) the converse & the opposite are identical (B exceeds A). [Fowler]
Related Entries

contra
contrarian
contrariness
contrariwise

https://www.etymonline.com/word/contrary

perhaps some of you will get it...