• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Good lord, I see you trolls are enjoying dancing in your righteous glee.

Y'all haven't proven anything, except the proof of your slimy arrogance that you exhibit as you use words, and digits on a computer as total unassailable proof of celestial objects you have no true clue of. The vociferous attack routine is a total disgrace, as well as noted to be a mark of your desperation to be totally unassailably correct regarding this . I'm truly curious as to why? This is not about flat vs spherical earths...

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Domination of ideology and thought processes in order to create a world where folks are afraid to challenge your lies, which are done for profit, and hegemony...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
What lies? Be specific. Show your source.

You gotta do better than to just point and shout.

Here is your big moment.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Grow up. I don't jump for trolls.

Ran across this in another thread, and it's perfect for this one.

“The barbarian hopes – and that is the mark of him, that he can have his cake and eat it too. He will consume what civilization has slowly produced after generations of selection and effort, but he will not be at pains to replace such goods, nor indeed has he a comprehension of the virtue that has brought them into being.” ~ Hilaire Belloc

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Grow up. I don't jump for trolls.
Grown ups provide evidence to back up their claims.

Children just point and accuse.

Which are you?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I thought so. Shoes, shouts and smells.

That's right, fuckwit.

Cross your legs, hold your nose and fart.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
It all comes down to one point, and you'll aren't worth it.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Make sure you stamp your feet and shout at every keystroke.

After all, what would your rants of indignation be without the extra drama?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It all comes down to one point, and you'll aren't worth it.
Yea, and that "point" of yours was that I and others who have been trying to get sol to acknowledge evidence that shows his "theory" to be wrong, are LIARS.

Without proof that I or others have actually lied, how is that not a personal attack?

Your accusation is either correct, or it (and you) are full of horse manure.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I'm done with this thread. Pile on the hatred, so we can see what you really are...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm done with this thread. Pile on the hatred, so we can see what you really are...
This thread actually makes easy to see who you are. Ie: someone who makes baseless accusations as a last resort defense when their cherished delusions are in danger of being crushed.

You called me a liar and I asked for proof of any lies. Either put up, or shut up.

Accusing someone of lying is a direct attack on that person and their character.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
And so now we're going to play the victim, when we've been attacking all along to get our way. Par for the course...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And so now we're going to play the victim, when we've been attacking all along to get our way. Par for the course...
You called myself and others "liars".

Either post up quotes of where any of us have lied about anything to anyone, or an apology is in order.

Are you a child, or a man?

A man would stand behind and take responsibility for what he says/posts.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Domination of ideology and thought processes in order to create a world where folks are afraid to challenge your lies, which are done for profit, and hegemony...
That's pretty ambitious for a lone trader sitting in Australia. You really must drop by my place if you ever get down here, you can take a look at at the control centre and master plan. You might be surprised.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well you do debate like a street whore armed with an AIDs infected hypodermic.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Who is the victim here?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is swear he's been replying/reading a different thread all together.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think that anyone objectively reading this thread will clearly see where the hatred and trolling has come from. You exude hatred and have not been provoked beyond people asking quite reasonable questions. I think you need to check your balance.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is swear he's been replying/reading a different thread all together.
Yeah, it's like he's French and Google translate is fucking with his mind! LOL.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
... OK, sorry. Now I am just having a laugh, this is beyond redemption. Ask a few questions and its all ignore buttons, personal slights and tantrums.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU KIDS DOIN IN HERE??!!

I can't leave y'all alone for ten minutes before you start throwin PooPoo.
Now calm the fuck down.
BF

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
“The barbarian hopes – and that is the mark of him, that he can have his cake and eat it too. He will consume what civilization has slowly produced after generations of selection and effort, but he will not be at pains to replace such goods, nor indeed has he a comprehension of the virtue that has brought them into being.” ~ Hilaire Belloc
Is that like saying the earth is flat but all the neat stuff that is based on it being a spheroid is also true?

You are a vegetarian that wears leather!

Even your attempts at common sense don't make sense.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU KIDS DOIN IN HERE??!!

I can't leave y'all alone for ten minutes before you start throwin PooPoo.
Now calm the fuck down.
BF

... but dad, Johnny splodey head is just so much fun!

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Keep dancin boys, have a good time...
Stop whining about life and try explaining to us why some things based on the concept of a spheroid earth work if the earth is indeed flat! Things like the great circle navigation method aka the shortest distance between two points is a curved course not a straight bearing. Only possible on a sphere like surface. Why is that method used by the worlds airlines?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Stop whining about life and try explaining to us why some things based on the concept of a spheroid earth work if the earth is indeed flat! Things like the great circle navigation method aka the shortest distance between two points is a curved course not a straight bearing. Only possible on a sphere like surface. Why is that method used by the worlds airlines?
Circle navigation works just the same on a sphere, isocahedron or dodecahedron.... a dodecahedron or isocahedron would also cast the same shadows as a sphere. Isocahedrom & dodecahedron models would explain why we dont experience a local round earth but rather a flat earth.... it would also explain why radio signals act the way they do.

IOW there are some other very viable models that explain our observations much much better than the flat or spherical models.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Circle navigation works just the same on a sphere, isocahedron or dodecahedron....
Not quite the same, your distance would vary somewhat. We can work out the distance and it conforms to a sphere or very close.

Not to mention that I am still kinda stuck on the fact that all the imagery we have tells us that planetary bodies are round in appearance, so if they aren't 2d then they are a sphere or very close. Isocahedron or dodecahedron shapes would be visibly such from a distance... no?

Radio signals, depending on the type, have a few things that impact behavior. VHF can get round the curve a little if atmospheric conditions are supportive despite being mostly restricted to line of sight. If we had these shapes you have certain points where they'd go very short distances and you would only be able to see very short distances, no? Say near to the edge of a plane...

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think you need to check your balance.
He needs to check more than that. A lot more. Lol

Isocahedrom & dodecahedron models would explain why we dont experience a local round earth but rather a flat earth...
Why ignore the simplest answer? That it's just so big that ones local area merely seems flat.

Remember that earlier we determined that when scaled to size, the Earth is as round as a cue ball. Not as smooth as one though, sol proved that.
....and someone else in this thread posted that when Earth is scaled to the size of a basketball, we'd be the size of a virus. At that size, a basketball would appear flat too.

You just aren't taking into account how big the Earth is and how small we are in comparison to it.

. it would also explain why radio signals act the way they do.
A round Earth explains it better though.

IOW there are some other very viable models that explain our observations much much better than the flat or spherical models
Why can it just not be round? Why the stubborn insistence that it must be some shape, any shape, other than round?

It's a fact that a sphere is the shape that can contain a given amount of mass with the least surface area.
....and given sufficient mass, gravity would tend to compact that mass into a sphere. Any other shape would have too much uncompacted mass.

Or do you, like sol, also not believe there's such a thing as gravity?

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's a fact that a sphere is the shape that can contain a given amount of mass with the least surface area.
Nature is typically efficient if nothing else.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Why the stubborn insistence that it must be some shape, any shape, other than round?
He didn't insist that it wasn't round, joe, he said that there are some other very viable models. This whole thread is really about being open minded even if you don't agree to every idea being expressed.

BF

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He didn't insist that it wasn't round, joe, he said that there are some other very viable models. This whole thread is really about being open minded even if you don't agree to every idea being expressed.

BF
Other than round, there are no other viable shapes of a mass as large as the Earth. Gravity will form it into a ball shape.
Even sol admits that, which is why he cannot allow himself to accept that gravity is a thing.
....and why I asked Bob if he also does not believe that gravity is a thing.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

BF
So are Bob and Sol being 'open minded'?