• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
What makes these models viable.....other than mental masturbation or unicorn fart fantasies?

So open minded that all of the brains leaked out

tolerance is how far any part can deviate from nominal before the entire works comes to a halt

Oh yeah. Viable models! You'll note that what makes them viable is the roundness at the equator!

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Interesting how all the sizes change, continously, to make it possible.

Elasticity, must be the new paradigm shift.

Golden Regards
Uncle

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I find it very interesting that 75+% of the surface is covered by the fluid we call water... the fluid covers up the actual shape of the solid. I agree that water may deceive us by presenting the illusion that the earth is a sphere, remove the water and what shape is the solid???

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Belief is ever the enemy of knowledge...it has always been so.
The fact is you can make basic predictions using Newtonian math or make more accurate predictions by using Relativistic equations
Again...you can do that anyway without inventing two competing ridiculous "unversal" theories that contradict one another. The two theories of gravitation are completely unnecessary to predict anything...you're talking about relatively simple mathematical equations. ...Lagrangian mathematics can do precisely what you describe without us all pretending like it has any relevance at all to a mysterious "force"(consequence) that exists throughout the universe.

The reason nobody understands gravitational theory is because it's nonsense. If scientific methodology would have been followed Newtonian gravitational theory would've been tossed before 1800 and general relativity would've been tossed by 1920. Provably wrong theories must be discarded to make way for new ideas that better explain empirical evidence.

Because of how gravitational theory has been treated as though it's gospel it has taken hundreds of years to even begin moving past it. FINALLY people like Verlinde are beginning to gain ground at tossing these two WRONG theories about what the word "gravity" means. If there was even a shred of objectivity in the mainstream scientific community it wouldn't be like this.

Same with neo-darwinism(aka evolution) and big bang/cosmic egg gibberish. They're dying because they're provably wrong and they should have died long long ago, yet they didn't because along with gravity these three theory tales offer a competing narrative to biblical creationism. This is science at its absolute worst...marginalizing faith based organized religious dogma with faith based theory tales lacking a trace of empirical science.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I agree that water may deceive us by presenting the illusion that the earth is a sphere, remove the water and what shape is the solid???
It would still be a sphere.

We've been over this before, but seeing as you've obviously forgotten about it, I'll give you a refresher.

The difference between Earth's highest point and its lowest point is only about 12 miles. Most of the Earth's surface varies by far less than that.
....and 12 miles of variation in height would not be noticeable when looking at a sphere that is nearly 8 thousand miles in diameter.

As has also been previously pointed out, the Earth when scaled to size, is as round as a cue ball.

Bob, you are grasping at straws.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Belief is ever the enemy of knowledge...it has always been so.

Again...you can do that anyway without inventing two competing ridiculous "unversal" theories that contradict one another. The two theories of gravitation are completely unnecessary to predict anything...you're talking about relatively simple mathematical equations. ...Lagrangian mathematics can do precisely what you describe without us all pretending like it has any relevance at all to a mysterious "force"(consequence) that exists throughout the universe.

The reason nobody understands gravitational theory is because it's nonsense. If scientific methodology would have been followed Newtonian gravitational theory would've been tossed before 1800 and general relativity would've been tossed by 1920. Provably wrong theories must be discarded to make way for new ideas that better explain empirical evidence.

Because of how gravitational theory has been treated as though it's gospel it has taken hundreds of years to even begin moving past it. FINALLY people like Verlinde are beginning to gain ground at tossing these two WRONG theories about what the word "gravity" means. If there was even a shred of objectivity in the mainstream scientific community it wouldn't be like this.

Same with neo-darwinism(aka evolution) and big bang/cosmic egg gibberish. They're dying because they're provably wrong and they should have died long long ago, yet they didn't because along with gravity these three theory tales offer a competing narrative to biblical creationism. This is science at its absolute worst...marginalizing faith based organized religious dogma with faith based theory tales lacking a trace of empirical science.
You may use Lagrangian mathematics to calculate Newtonian gravity and also Relativistic gravity. Enlighten me if I am wrong but I fail to see where Lagrangian mathematics on its own replaces either.

Either way your entire argument is a straw man for the following reason: We can use these methods to make predictions in the real world which fit our observations. On Earth and in the cosmos. This was my entire point, use what math you want as long as it works. It still works given the accepted model.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
...and you've also admitted that you do not know what gravity is...and you're not alone...nobody does.

You use it to calculate expected "behavior" because you've been taught to do so. ...just as you've been taught to ignore the fact that it's provably wrong. That you can use mathematical equations that do not require you to construct imaginary mysterious magical graviton fairies that none have ever observed empirically to accomplish the same work and you choose not to do so should be the real question. ...but you'll just dodge that question as you've done repeatedly.

...that's how belief structures work. You do not know anything about gravity, yet you believe in it anyway without any evidence.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
but you'll just dodge that question as you've done repeatedly.
You're the dodger. It's pretty hypocritical to accuse others of dodging your questions, while simultainously dodging multiple questions yourself. Lol

observed empirically
It's also hypocritical to demand empiracal evidence from him when you won't even accept emperical evidence of the fact that Earth's surface exhibits curvature consistent with that of a ball 24,901 miles in circumference.

Besides that, even if he provided empirical evidence, you'd ignore it and start going on about dark matter or some such thing in a desperate attempt to change the subject. Lol

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
yet you believe in it anyway without any evidence.
There is plenty of evidence that gravity exists. Just like there is plenty of evidence that the Earth is spherical. You may ignore it all you want but that doesn't make it go away. Now what is the question I am avoiding?

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
https://www.fai.org/news/interview-alexey-leonov-first-man-walk-outer-space

Can you please describe the moment where, having exited the spacecraft, you first found yourself in space and the moment you had to re-enter the vehicle? How did you feel? Were you scared?

The Earth is round!“- I said with unconcealed enthusiasm. I saw at once the Black Sea and the Crimea Peninsula, then I turned my head to the left and saw Romania, Bulgaria and on the end I saw the boot of Italy. By raising my head, I saw the Baltic Sea and the Kaliningrad bay, familiar to me from childhood. Stars were to my left, right, above and below me. The light of the sun, was very intense, and I felt its warmth on the part of my face that was not protected by a filter.
[continued in article]

All these lying conspirators, even the Russians are in the act /sarc

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I posted several pictures I took of the Moon. Again what shape is the Moon?

Simple question, right? Should be easy to answer.
moon2.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You're the dodger. It's pretty hypocritical to accuse others of dodging your questions, while simultainously dodging multiple questions yourself. Lol

It's also hypocritical to demand empiracal evidence from him when you won't even accept emperical evidence of the fact that Earth's surface exhibits curvature consistent with that of a ball 24,901 miles in circumference.

Besides that, even if he provided empirical evidence, you'd ignore it and start going on about dark matter or some such thing in a desperate attempt to change the subject. Lol
He might even bring up baboon bones bro!

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Simple question, right? Should be easy to answer.
Should be, for anyone engaging in honest discussion.
.....but the ones insisting the Earth ain't round, are obviously incapable of engaging in honest discussion.

Case on point, the following "response". Lol

@arminius , you first need to engage in discussion in order to win the discussion.
....or in your way of looking at it, a hostile argumemt.

What is so wrong with discussing the relevant facts in order to come to a conclusion we can all agree on?

Like that pic of Chicago? Are you actually incapable of observing what is shown in it? Why not discuss its merit, or show why it's wrong? Why the drive-by style of posting where you simply call everyone a liar or a paid shill or some other nonsense, instead of addressing the topic in an adult manner?

We should all be able to agree that water does in fact block some of the view of DT Chicago. The lower portions of the buildings are clearly not visible.
....and if you do a bit of research, you'll find that it is consistent with what one should see at that distance.
....but according to you, this pic is a lie?

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Last edited:

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hmmm, they may have a point. I better call the Vendee Globe (circumnavigation race) organisers before they sail one of these hotrods off the edge!

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I find it very interesting that 75+% of the surface is covered by the fluid we call water... the fluid covers up the actual shape of the solid. I agree that water may deceive us by presenting the illusion that the earth is a sphere, remove the water and what shape is the solid???
It would still be a sphere.

We've been over this before, but seeing as you've obviously forgotten about it, I'll give you a refresher.

The difference between Earth's highest point and its lowest point is only about 12 miles. Most of the Earth's surface varies by far less than that.
....and 12 miles of variation in height would not be noticeable when looking at a sphere that is nearly 8 thousand miles in diameter.

As has also been previously pointed out, the Earth when scaled to size, is as round as a cue ball.

Bob, you are grasping at straws.

@BarnacleBob , no response? Does my explanation of your concerns at least make sense to you, that on an object the size of Earth, that that the relatively small deviations we see in its surface are insignificant?

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I'll admit that it's impossible to have a honest conversation with morons who use their words as bludgeons to force their ignorant opinions as unassailable physical law.

All of you who think you know for sure things you can't possible know, your arrogance of what you believe is knowledge is totally indoctrinated supposition.

It's either that or troll level political pushing. Probably both.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'll admit that it's impossible to have a honest conversation with morons who use their words as bludgeons to force their ignorant opinions as unassailable physical law.

All of you who think you know for sure things you can't possible know, your arrogance of what you believe is knowledge is totally indoctrinated supposition.

It's either that or troll level political pushing. Probably both.
I know, first hand, that the great circle route, tides and losing sight of ships over the horizon are real. You offer nothing but insult by way of explanation. You are disingenuous.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
lol, spamming butthurt!

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'll admit that it's impossible to have a honest conversation....
You had none of that, just rocked up here with your insults.

Golden Regards
Uncle

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Why would I waste my time. I see in this thread someone attempt to do just that gets excoriated with ignorant religious level diatribes, and insults, lots of ignorant insults.

You're just getting back what you're giving.

Are you that ignorant that you do not understand that when someone mandates to you that what they are telling you is unassailable knowledge, and any attempt made to "converse" or "discuss" is as useless as an ejection seat on a helicopter. Hard to break that kind of ignorant religous type fascism...

The fact that you don't understand that means that you're part of that tribe...

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Why would I waste my time. I see in this thread someone attempt to do just that gets excoriated with ignorant religious level diatribes, and insults, lots of ignorant insults.

Are you that ignorant that you do not understand that when someone mandates to you that what they are telling you is unassailable knowledge, and any attempt made to "converse" or "discuss" is as useless as an ejection seat on a helicopter. Hard to break that kind of ignorant religous type fascism...

Said anyone afflicted with TDS ever. When you start sounding like a Liberal it may be time to reevaluate.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You are just making stuff up, you are a liar.

Why would you waste your time? ... because you have no reasoned argument. You embody the ignorance you claim of those that disagree with you.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

The sort of stunning left leaning thought process that leads to blows. As unenlightened as it comes, you are either "fur us or agin" us, no logic, no reason, anyone who disagrees is a bad person.

Look in the mirror and you will see all you are describing.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
All of you who think you know for sure things you can't possible know,
I know for a fact that the Earth's surface has curvature.

Ain't no one but you and sol doing that.

Well then why don't you tell us how it works? That is, unless you are an even bigger moron than you think we are.
(Gets my vote)

You (arminius) offer nothing but insult by way of explanation. You are disingenuous
Only on his best day though. Lol

Why would I waste my time.
You waste your time posting insults though. All I'm asking for is your explanation of the things being discussed.

Instead, we get this.
Me: "the Earth is round"
Arminius' response: "you're a moron!"

You really should be looking in a mirror whenever you call someone a moron. It's probably the closest you'll ever get to seeing a true moron.

I'm not. To be getting back what I'm giving would require that you engage in honest discussion about the topic at hand.

Said anyone afflicted with TDS ever. When you start sounding like a Liberal it may be time to reevaluate.
That's arminius for ya. He can't help what he is.

You (arminius) are just making stuff up, you are a liar
That's what he specializes in. If he can't do that, he might not be able to do anything at all.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
This ^^^^^ This

is exactly what internet trolls do.

Blame you for exactly what they do to try and discombobulate, divide, and disenfranchise you.

Sound familiar as to what's happening in our world today...

These types aren't here for our benefit, they don't exchange, except to try and make you like them so that they can more manipulate the conversation to their narrative.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You're the one who entered the thread only to spew insults. All I did was point it out, and you think that makes me the bad guy? You're projecting, dude!

Want it to go a different direction? Then take part in the discussion instead of just calling people liars and morons.
....and then when called on it, being too chicken shit to post even a single quote showing where I lied. Which means it was a personal attack on your part. If you have proof of me being a liar, post it. Otherwise you deserve the responses you are getting.
....and if you say I'm a moron, prove it with a well reasoned and logical post that shows why I'm a moron for thinking the Earth ain't flat.

All I did was ask you and others to look at a f'ing picture and to make a response about it. You know, have a mature adult discussion on the topic of the thread.
....but apparently that was asking far too much of you.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Straight from the Peewee Herman school of debate

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
they don't exchange..
And neither do you. Remove the beam from your eye before trying to remove the splinter in mine.

You haven't given one fucken argument but come here and expound your bile, devoid of any logic and full of emotion, like a snowflake.

Golden Regards
Uncle

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Oh look, people getting emotional in another thread that attacks "science". ...shocking.

Perhaps another thread begging people to not create another thread about the shape of Earth could help? If you like your religion...keep your religion. Just stop pretending it's science...there's nothing scientific about atheistic horseshit like modern gravitational theory, neo-darwinism, or big bang. The religion of scientism is dying...and it's not going to stop dying because people get upset about others questioning stuff.

Science should stick to doing science and stop inventing BS to cast doubt upon faith based religious structures. Until that happens scientists will continue to lose credibility.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Science should stick to doing science and stop inventing BS to cast doubt upon faith based religious structures.
So the whole gravity theory was just inventing BS, despite all the things that ended up based on it and all the calculations it has allowed us to successfully preform? Am I getting this right? You consider it valueless because it is flawed and is being rethought, which is what science is supposed to do, am I wrong? This is an all right or all wrong proposition for you? Like evolution, there is plenty of evidence to support that it is a valid mechanism BUT it can't explain our planets history completely and just the mathematical probabilities alone indicate that something else, as yet really unexplained, happened to yield the diversity of life that the earth has had.

I don't see these things as black and white, wrong or right, they are possibly flawed understandings that need refinement and typically these ideas have been of some practical use to us in understanding our world. Surely finding the flaws and developing these ideas is what science does, or at least should do if not highjacked by politics.

It's interesting that you see this as science v faith and you side with faith... despite the fact that faith is even easier to destroy if you use the same standards you are applying to other things.

"Fur us or Agin us".....

Why so polar!