• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We are so heading for a new cultural dark age as people search for certainty and various faiths step into the breach.

This will set us up to fight again because this is what unreasoned faith leads to.

My invisible friend is better than your invisible friend!

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We are so heading for a new cultural dark age as people search for certainty and various faiths step into the breach.

This will set us up to fight again because this is what unreasoned faith leads to.

My invisible friend is better than your invisible friend!
I think this is just more a symptom of the breakdown of beliefs. When you start to question something that you had fervently believed it can wreak havoc in your mind. Nothing seems real anymore and I think it leads some to just not beleive in ANYTHING.

I think there are two seperate arguements here:

Complex Theory => Gravity - certainly far from proven and has problems. Heck we don't even know what space is or is not yet. Is it empty or not?

Simple Theory => The Earth is basically a big round ball. That is easily proven and observable.

Just because we can't completely explain the theory of why the Earth and other objects form generally round balls does not make them triangles. We simple need more work on the complex theories of how the shapes form.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think this is just more a symptom of the breakdown of beliefs. When you start to question something that you had fervently believed it can wreak havoc in your mind. Nothing seems real anymore and I think it leads some to just not beleive in ANYTHING.
I've had a theory that this is where the misuse of science to support various political and profit agendas will lead. We are told "the science is in", it is "a fact" etc... while in reality science doesn't work that way and never has. The people, being less than educated about scientific method, simply want an answer. When too many "answers" turn out to be wrong or flawed they in turn start to question EVERYTHING and in turn misunderstand it all because of their level of education.

"Science" needed to do a better PR job and set expectations more realistically rather than constantly trying to scare us into funding this or that pet project or flog us some hyper marked-up $$$$$ pill to cure things that they can't really cure. etc...

To me this is symptom of a foreseeable reaction that came about because of mismatched expectations (scientists v public) due to the "over sell" of science's abilities. I probably hold the "middle men" more accountable than the scientists. Al Gore did no one save himself any favors.... etc, etc...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Heck we don't even know what space is or is not yet. Is it empty or not?
Yes, we do know what "Space" is. The absence of matter. it's ok. The Flats will always be that kid in school that they never could teach to read

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
it's not going to stop dying because people get upset about others questioning stuff
No one is upset because of you and arminius and bob questioning stuff.

The issue is you and theirs seeming inability to be able to look at a pic and attempt to explain, based upon your theory, of why we see what we see in the pic.
I mean, f dude, it's your pic that you posted and said that it proves the Earth's surface has no curvature.
....but somehow now is something you can't bring yourself to look at.

I find it utterly and completely bizarre that you seem to be going through life with blinders on. Because when your beliefs require you to ignore any and all evidence to the contrary, it signifies a problem with the beliefs.

Shit that's observable and therefor real, should be explainable by your theory.
....and that's all anyone is asking of you. After all, you are the one proclaiming that everyone else is wrong. So how is it unreasonable to ask you to explain observable phenomenon?

people getting emotional
You and @arminius are the only ones doing that. He only chimes in to hurl insults and you ignore all credible evidence that you might be wrong. Ie: same thing half the women in the World do in an argument.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I thought about making a nice long drawn out post exposing the Flats folly.....

It's more fun to point and laugh at retards!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I thought about making a nice long drawn out post exposing the Flats folly.....

It's more fun to point and laugh at retards!
What can I say, other than that I still have a small amount of hope that logic can prevail over fantasy.

Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Must be some sort of inbred nature of mine; I shop goodwill looking through the cast off junk for something that I need, if I happen to be at a garbage dump I look around for useful items that have been discarded, driving on the highway I keep my eyes open for road kill that might be useful, and, while perusing threads like this I frequently find gems like this:
useless as an ejection seat on a helicopter
Gives me a peaceful, warm feeling to come across little tidbits like this. Akin to that feeling you get when you piss yer pants.
:oriental:
BF

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
What I say, other than that I still have a small amount of hope that logic can prevail over fantasy.
Putting retards on the big bus only makes the bus look empty

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Must be some sort of inbred nature of mine; I shop goodwill looking through the cast off junk for something that I need, if I happen to be at a garbage dump I look around for useful items that have been discarded, driving on the highway I keep my eyes open for road kill that might be useful,
I was with ya up 'til the roadkill part. Lol

Putting retards on the big bus only makes the bus look empty
Touche'!

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I was with ya up 'til the roadkill part. Lol
Unh, 'roadkill' my term for those "left by the side of the road after I changed my tire" sort of things. That and tools or boxes fallen from vehicles.
I wasn't referring to the frisbee cats.
<heh>
BF

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Here's an expert on gravity...telling you EVERYTHING he knows about what gravity is...

1582133547300.png

Hey, let's build an entire model of the universe around this 500 year old theory that nobody knows a god damn thing about and call it "science".

Do you need your 500 year old dual provably WRONG theories to explain why your microphone falls to the ground? ...or can you do that with simple mathematics and NOT invent horseshit gravitational theory? ...well yes, but then what would we all brainwash kids with?

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
You do not need to understand "GRAVITY" in order to observe and model its effects. When estimating where a projectile lands when fired from an initial height, angle, velocity, crosswinds, etc., you need a gravitational component to predict where it will land, if you want to find it again.

Observation and experimentation is how we have built up the body of knowledge (science) we have. Sometimes we go back to the drawing board.

I think the Primer Fields Theory has more to add to this discussion than most would think. You would have to be willing to sit through a few hours of video instruction to possibly increase you science (knowledge). It's worth doing, though.

:green tea:

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
estimating where a projectile lands
reminds me willy, do ya think on some long range guns they need to take into consideration the curvature of the earth in order to be able to calculate to an accurate hit?

[askin for a friend]
BF

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
reminds me willy, do ya think on some long range guns they need to take into consideration the curvature of the earth in order to be able to calculate to an accurate hit?

[askin for a friend]
BF
Especially when you're talking miles.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

[askin for a friend]
BF
Nah, just the effect of gravity.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here's an expert on gravity...telling you EVERYTHING he knows about what gravity is...

View attachment 154843

Hey, let's build an entire model of the universe around this 500 year old theory that nobody knows a god damn thing about and call it "science".

Do you need your 500 year old dual provably WRONG theories to explain why your microphone falls to the ground? ...or can you do that with simple mathematics and NOT invent horseshit gravitational theory? ...well yes, but then what would we all brainwash kids with?

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Nah, just the effect of gravity.

Not when your talking about some of those old guns on huge battleships. Then when firing missiles, it's a bit more complicated.

Interestingly enough, your suggestion is even more important when an orbital vehicle is falling back to the earth and they want to land in a specific location.

Last edited:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

[askin for a friend]
BF
Just to note that this subject has also been thoroughly discussed, and avoided in another thread. Answer is no, unless you take earth's rotation into account.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not when your talking about some of those old guns on huge battleships. Then when firing missiles, it's a bit more complicated.
Don't they bend space time?

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
take earth's rotation into account.
Then it would be different for an north-south shot and depending on whether you shot east or west would gain or lose. And how complicated can you get when you shoot north-by-north east?
dang!
my head hurts

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Then it would be different for an north-south shot and depending on whether you shot east or west would gain or lose. And how complicated can you get when you shoot north-by-north east?
dang!
my head hurts
Do you have to rifle a gun in the opposite direction up there in the North?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You do not need to understand "GRAVITY" in order to observe and model its effects. When estimating where a projectile lands when fired from an initial height, angle, velocity, crosswinds, etc., you need a gravitational component to predict where it will land, if you want to find it again.
You don't actually. You need only the mathematics that apply to the reality one observes on Earth...that's simple mathematics and it doesn't require one to create a flawed provably wrong "universal law" of gravitation that includes instantaneous propagation.

The whole mess is completely unscientific. Provably wrong theories are discarded every day via proper scientific methodology, why is this one treated as though it's a religion unto itself?

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
There must be commercial reasons for it, otherwise why would the trolls bother...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There must be commercial reasons for it, otherwise why would the trolls bother...
Why do you bother? You don't even participate. Just post to call people liars.

Try posting something on topic using logic and reason, for a change.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

It's almost like reading Hypertiger's meltdowns.......except......Hypertiger made more sense!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here you go sol, Bob, Armi, etc.

How I proved the Earth is round with a bicycle and two sticks

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here you go sol, Bob, Armi, etc.

How I proved the Earth is round with a bicycle and two sticks
Nice try, but your submission will still be rejected by the flat Earth brigade.

Their "out" is that they say the Sun is only 3000 miles above the surface, and on a flat Earth, the same effect would be observed. Ie: the stick closer to being directly under the Sun that is only 3000 miles above a flat Earth would in fact have a shorter shadow.

The experiment in the vid works for us round Earthers because we are in agreement that the Sun is in fact 93 million miles away, not a mere 3000 miles.
....and since a flat Earther is incapable of knowing the actual distance to the Sun without measuring it themselves, they'll never believe that it is 93 million miles away. Because to believe that, destroys their wack flat Earth famtasies, and they can't have that.

They come to conclusions first, then look for supporting evidence while ignoring all evidence to the contrary.
Ie: put their bull caacaa carrying cart before the horse.

That's why none of them can truly see that pic I keep posting. To objectively look at that pic destroys their whole argument. They'd be forced to admit being wrong.
....and the kicker is that a flat Earther is who originally posted that pic as "proof" of a flat Earth, but is now incapable of seeing it. I don't know about anyone else, but I find that to be incredibly funny.
@solarion , again I thank you for posting that pic! Thanks buddy!

Last edited:

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

1582477294215.png

Got it.

Strike me as you feign injury, this ploy is repeated time every time in these threads. Again par for the course with trolls.

It's down to memes.

1582477364927.png

1582477453839.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Strike me as you feign injury,
I was not claiming any injury. I asked why do you bother posting here in this thread if you only do it to insult people?
Imho, it just seems like kind of a dumb thing to do.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was not claiming any injury. I asked why do you bother posting here in this thread if you only do it to insult people?
Imho, it just seems like kind of a dumb thing to do.
Comprehension seems to be the issue.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling

Observation and experimentation is how we have built up the body of knowledge (science) we have. Sometimes we go back to the drawing board.

I think the Primer Fields Theory has more to add to this discussion than most would think. You would have to be willing to sit through a few hours of video instruction to possibly increase you science (knowledge). It's worth doing, though.

:green tea:
How do you explain the fact that spinning the projectile at a high rate of speed alters the calculations? In other words, the impact of this theory of gravity is altered.

Do you know how anti-gravity technology works? It has to do with manipulating the electromagnetic field.