• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I must be an idiot to post here...this is an exercise in absurdity.

But remember Newton's law of Inertia? Put the spacecraft in motion, and, without atmospheric friction, it remains in motion. No fuel needed until a new trajectory or orbit required.

JK was right about this...it has, completely morphed into The Answer.

i guess you didnt get the NASA memo that Earths atmosphere extends beyond the moon?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I have been called a dumb ox.

And...moron...that's not an unknown pejorative.

Hey...it's me! I'll own it! I'm an ox-y moron!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess in the world of Flat Earfs...sure, the atmosphere is everywhere.
What he means is that very small amounts of individual molecules of Earth's atmosphere can be detected out that far.
....but he fails to mention that they are numbered in the single digits per cubic meter of area.

It's just another case of cherry picking the data and using it in a misrepresenative manner.
Ie: he would have the reader (you) believe that the Earth's atmosphere as we experience it near the surface, is what extends beyond the Moon.

It's what all flat Earth people do. Misrepresent the truth in order to deceive.

Stuff like that is why when giving sworn testimony, one must swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Because some people will omit key parts of the truth in order to have others believe something that is not true.

Last edited:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I have been called a dumb ox.

And...moron...that's not an unknown pejorative.

Hey...it's me! I'll own it! I'm an ox-y moron!
How about proxy-moron?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
..but he fails to mention that they are numbered in the single digits per meter of area.
For comparison.....

From a quick search.

How many molecules are in a cubic foot of air?

There is a neat property that applies to any gas that a 22.4 liters of it at STP (standard temperature and pressure) contains 6.02214199 x10^23 molecules of said gas.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Doxx-y moran.

Unfortunately, I'm not Irish, so I can't claim to be a Moran...
Brother Casey Jones, don't be down or blue,

Hydroxy-orange is your brand new hue.

When things look gloomy and you don't know what else to do,

Just keep chuggin' down the tracks, chugga chugga - choo-choo!!
trainsmileyf.gif

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Even here at the surface part of what we consider the atmosphere is in fact a partial vacuum.

All the individual air molecules contain some amount of heat, and therefore, their own motion.

In the atmosphere and even just inside a closed space, the individual air molecules are constantly moving and bumping into other air molecules.
....and for them to move, there necessarily needs to be some amount of space between them. Otherwise they would not be able to move (relative to one another) at all. They'd be packed so tightly that their energy would be contained.

If that were the case, that air molecules were packed tightly against one another to the point of them not being able to move relative to each other, the pressure would be far too high for us to survive here.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Eighth adult beverage?
Venting stress from current situation. Literally saving someone's life. This is a major outlet. Did half/half decaf & reg today though.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
None taken. I know I'm a loon.
Triple entender there btw fwiw

loon
noun (2)
Definition of loon (Entry 2 of 2)
: any of several large birds (genus Gavia of the family Gaviidae) of Holarctic regions that feed on fish by diving and have their legs placed far back under the body for optimal locomotion underwater

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Joe, just so we're clear, you believe that temperature doesn't exist in a vacuum? Your claim is because the moon has no atmosphere, the film is not really at 260-414? So what temperature is it then?

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
None taken. I know I'm a loon.

More than just a loon.

What I find interesting is that you literally have hundreds of posts in the last 24 hours, starting at 5:30am to now, and not short posts either. Posts that take time to formulate. Like within minutes, some the same minute, for 24 hours straight. And it's been a barrage for the last few weeks or so, on and on. And literally smoozing like mad the entire time, well at least for the last week since he's been exposed licking up to the biggest troll on this forum. How does a working guy have that kind of time? And why all of a sudden are you so frantic to be a 'regular GIM guy' by smoozing other posters to a sickening degree?

I seem to remember a poster that was literally bombing this forum with numerous posts, much like the above, until the bear got sick of it and axed him because of it.

I can only hope that he gets this and takes care of this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Joe, just so we're clear, you believe that temperature doesn't exist in a vacuum? Your claim is because the moon has no atmosphere, the film is not really at 260-414? So what temperature is it then?
I don't know "exactly" what its temperature was, but it obviously survived.

Similar film was also used in the first spy sats, and it worked.

As for a vacuum not having a temperature, how could it have a temperature?

For example, a thermometer surrounded by air would thus measure the temperature of the air surrounding it. A thermometer in water would measure the temp of the water.
....and it is able to measure the temp of those things because of heat being conducted from the air or water to the thermometer.
If the thermometer is in the Sun light, a small amount of the total heat it is measuring will be from the radiational heating of the light. Ie: the thermometer will show a higher temp, but most of the heat it is measuring still comes from the air conducting heat into the thermometer.
Like the difference one might notice on a hot day between two thermometers, one being in the Sun, the other in the shade. The one in direct Sunlight might be 5-10 degrees higher than the one in the shade.
Ie: most of the measured heat on both thermometers was a result of conduction.

In space, what would a thermometer be in contact with in order to measure the heat?

The only thing it would be in contact with is light, which does not conduct heat.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What he means is that very small amounts of individual molecules of Earth's atmosphere can be detected out that far.
....but he fails to mention that they are numbered in the single digits per cubic meter of area.

It's just another case of cherry picking the data and using it in a misrepresenative manner.
Ie: he would have the reader (you) believe that the Earth's atmosphere as we experience it near the surface, is what extends beyond the Moon.

Stuff like that is why when giving sworn testimony, one must swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Because some people will omit key parts of the truth in order to have others believe something that is not true.

Surprise! Earth's Atmosphere Extends Far Beyond the Moon

Tiny wisps of Earth air stretch way out into deep space, far beyond the moon's orbit, a new study suggests.

Earth's "geocorona" — a tenuous cloud of hydrogen atoms — extends up to 390,000 miles (630,000 kilometers) into space, according to the new research. For perspective: The moon orbits Earth at an average distance of 239,000 miles (384,600 km).

"The moon flies through Earth's atmosphere," study lead author Igor Baliukin, of Russia's Space Research Institute, said in a statement. "We were not aware of it until we dusted off observations made over two decades ago by the SOHO spacecraft."

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tiny wisps of Earth air stretch way out into deep space, far beyond the moon's orbit, a new study suggests.
So?

I already pointed that out, that tiny amounts of atoms of the Earth's atmosphere extend far out from the Earth.

Why is that a big deal?

It would only be a big deal to those who mistakenly believe that there is a hard cut off point betwixt the atmosphere and space.
...sorta like what comes across in your posts on the subject.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I already told you that relative to the astronauts position on the Moon, the Sun was at a 30 degree angle.

What part of that is so hard for you to comprehend, and why would you think it means they had to be in the middle of the Sunlit side?

You have obviously not researched this subject at all, and have obviously given no serious thought to it either.
....yet want to act qs though you are an authority on the subject.

How long have you suffered from DKS?
The astronauts were never on the moon. Period.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I don't know "exactly" what its temperature was, but it obviously survived.

Similar film was also used in the first spy sats, and it worked.

As for a vacuum not having a temperature, how could it have a temperature?

For example, a thermometer surrounded by air would thus measure the temperature of the air surrounding it. A thermometer in water would measure the temp of the water.
....and it is able to measure the temp of those things because of heat being conducted from the air or water to the thermometer.
If the thermometer is in the Sun light, a small amount of the total heat it is measuring will be from the radiational heating of the light. Ie: the thermometer will show a higher temp, but most of the heat it is measuring still comes from the air conducting heat into the thermometer.
Like the difference one might notice on a hot day between two thermometers, one being in the Sun, the other in the shade. The one in direct Sunlight might be 5-10 degrees higher than the one in the shade.
Ie: most of the measured heat on both thermometers was a result of conduction.

In space, what would a thermometer be in contact with in order to measure the heat?

The only thing it would be in contact with is light, which does not conduct heat.

Love your argument. Let me summarize:

We know the moon landings were real thus:
1) Despite nearly all scientists in the field believing the Van Allen belts would be fatal for humans in a tin can, no one suffered any ill effects so the Van allen belts are not dangerous.
2) Even though the temperatures on the moon are agreed by scientists to be 260-414 in the sunlight, since the unshielded film and cameras survived the temperature must not have been so hot
3) Even though Armstrong nearly died in the one attempt to "fly" the lander on earth, since we know 6 Apollo missions successfully landed on the moon, then they must have mastered how to land the landers, or it wasn't as hard as we thought.
4) Even though the shadows and lack of stars makes no sense, since the astronots swear by it, it must be true.
5) Even though no one has gone past 280 miles from the earth, since the Apollo astronots claimed to have gone 120,000 miles each way, we know they were outliers and did.
6) Even though there's no atmosphere on the moon, since we hear the astronots hammering in the flag, there must have been a way sound travelled in a vacuum defying all laws of physics.
7) Even though the grainy film of the astronots looks like it was filmed in a kids basement, we know the astronots went to the moon so the footage is real.
8) Even though there's no atmosphere on earth, but the flag they planted is waving like a 20 mph wind is behind it, it must mean there's a breeze on the moon.
9) Even though there was a cold war going on with our greatest enemy, there's no way the govt would ever lie to us for ra ra go US propaganda, so the moon landings couldn't have been propaganda.

This is a shocker...but isn't there even a slight light bulb moment in your brain Joe where you think, perhaps the simpler explanation is that they are liars and never left LEO?

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So?

I already pointed that out, that tiny amounts of atoms of the Earth's atmosphere extend far out from the Earth.

Why is that a big deal?

It would only be a big deal to those who mistakenly believe that there is a hard cut off point betwixt the atmosphere and space.
It's absurd to think that a pressurized atmosphere can exist adjacent to an infinite vacuum without being contained by some sort of barrier.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

It's what NASA does. Lie and deceive.

"The stars were brilliant and lit up the Lunar sky"

"You can't see the stars from the surface of the moon"

The contradictions are embarrassing.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So?

Why is that a big deal?

And exactly WHERE are those tiny whisps located... far, far, far from the Karmen line, even the moon. IOW there are many, many atoms that extend out to the moon....

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
It's what NASA does. Lie and deceive.

"The stars were brilliant and lit up the Lunar sky"

"You can't see the stars from the surface of the moon"

The contradictions are embarrassing.
Love seeing the air bubbles coming from the astronots helmets in the "space walk" outside the space station NASA videos. Or the strings attached to the Astronots when they do their little cartwheels inside. Guys like Joe must really get off on those low quality non-sensical videos. If NASA told Joe water is dry, he'd believe it.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder why these trolls are so adamant and vociferous regarding any conversation about space. Note this thread is dominated with their views to the point of ridiculing anyone that thinks different, or or is interested in exploring any other views. Also this is true in the thread regarding any mention of chemtrails, again space. That too brings domineering ridicule to anyone who is interested in exploring this topic, apart from the mainstream.

Why?

I believe the folks these trolls are covering for have been stealing huge amounts of money from NASA for a long time, and that this is so successful that they need and hire these trolls to cover that.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
But Earth's atmosphere is way more complicated than that (there's even some debate about where the Kármán line should be). Now a team of astronomers has discovered that it's bigger than we even thought - extending all the way out to the Moon, and as far again.

The region is called the geocorona, part of an atmospheric layer called the exosphere. It's a tenuous cloud of neutral hydrogen that glows in far-ultraviolet light.

Because it's so thin, it's been hard to measure; previously, its upper limit was thought to be around 200,000 kilometres (124,000 miles) from Earth, because that's the point at which solar radiation pressure would override Earth's gravity.

Well, according to data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) co-owned by the European Space Agency and NASA, that limit doesn't even come close. The geocorona, scientists have found, extends out to as much as 630,000 kilometres (391,000 miles).

Which means it engulfs our beloved satellite in an atmospheric hug.

"The Moon flies through Earth's atmosphere," said physicist Igor Baliukin of Russia's Space Research Institute.

In fact, at an average distance of 384,400 kilometres (238,855 miles), it's almost smack-bang in the middle of it.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why do folks argue with people who are being paid to promote a psyop? You are never going to "convince" them because they already know they are spouting nonsense. They cannot be convinced because they are paid not to be convinced and to keep spouting what they know is nonsense. "Not being convinced" is literally their job.

It would be like trying to convince Fauci that his vaccines don't work. He already knows they don't work, but he doesn't care in the slightest - his job is to push them anyway so he does.

Last edited:

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Why do folks argue with people who are being paid to promote a psyop? You are never going to "convince" them because they already know they are spouting nonsense. They cannot be convinced because they are paid not to be convinced and to keep spouting what they know is nonsense. "Not being convinced" is literally their job.

It would be likely trying to convince Fauci that his vaccines don't work. He already knows they don't work, but he doesn't care in the slightest - his job is to push them anyway so he does.
good common sense advice

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The astronauts were never on the moon. Period.
Thank God! Now that you've made that official pronouncement we can all close our books and finally take a rest.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
While I agree with the above two posts by Avalon and RebelYell, I gotta say that it's important to get things out in the open. The exact opposite of what the trolls want you to do, and that's why they ridicule you if you explore those topics. They want you to shut up, leaving their bent as the only possible consideration.

They die in the light, and they know that. We're currently on number 2.

“First they ignore you.​

Then they ridicule you.​

And then they attack you.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Please explain the joke.

I haven't seen any attempt at humor recently in this thread...

I find this really funny:
I believe the folks these trolls are covering for have been stealing huge amounts of money from NASA for a long time, and that this is so successful that they need and hire these trolls to cover that.
I need to ask NASA where my check is.

That's all. No offence intended but if you really believe I am on the payroll I find that really funny.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

That's all. No offence intended but if you really believe I am on the payroll I find that really funny.
I have a different adjective in mind.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I'm glad you find it humerous. I don't think you're on the payroll. That leaves only one other conclusion, however...

Last edited:

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score