• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hummmm, sure
No hummmm's about it.

Take the topic of this thread as an example.
A person can think the Earth is whatever shape they want, but I guarendamntee ya that if we strapped 'em to Elon's rocket and shot them into space, they would in fact see a spherical Earth.
That is of course if they wouldn't be too chickenshit to open their eyes and see for themselves.

In fact, any person on Earth that has even an average IQ could reasonably determine the shape and size of the Planet without ever leaving the surface.
....and without taking nasa's word for it either.

For some to say that there is no way of knowing for sure and that all they are doing is innocently and open mindedly embarking upon a quest for knowledge while simultaneously ignoring anything that that does not confirm their already held beliefs, are at best being dishonest and at worst actively attempting to lead others astray by polluting their minds with pure garbage.

By not addressing clear evidence that shows them to be wrong, makes them no better than the idiots who threw Galileo into prison for having merely described reality to them.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
No hummmm's about it.

Take the topic of this thread as an example.
A person can think the Earth is whatever shape they want, but I guarendamntee ya that if we strapped 'em to Elon's rocket and shot them into space, they would in fact see a spherical Earth.
That is of course if they wouldn't be too chickenshit to open their eyes and see for themselves.

In fact, any person on Earth that has even an average IQ could reasonably determine the shape and size of the Planet without ever leaving the surface.
....and without taking nasa's word for it either.

For some to say that there is no way of knowing for sure and that all they are doing is innocently and open mindedly embarking upon a quest for knowledge while simultaneously ignoring anything that that does not confirm their already held beliefs, are at best being dishonest and at worst actively attempting to lead others astray by polluting their minds with pure garbage.

By not addressing clear evidence that shows them to be wrong, makes them no better than the idiots who threw Galileo into prison for having merely described reality to them.
I understand what you are saying Joe. Personally I don't believe the earth is flat. However I think there are many things about the earth and the universe we don't know. Also as I have aged I view things differently. Reading hundreds of peoples near death experiences sort of broadened my perspective. It seems the common theme in a near death experiences is we get what we expect. I am beginning to think to some degree we do create our own realty and that means everyone's is different. Personally I am ok with someone having a different reality than mine until their reality affects my life. Example of the would be the vaccine Nazis making my life hell for not taking the shot. In their realty the vaccine was 98 percent effective. In true realty the vaccine was a failure. I guess what I am saying is I don't understand why people argue about their different perceptions unless it treads on them.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying Joe. Personally I don't believe the earth is flat. However I think there are many things about the earth and the universe we don't know. Also as I have aged I view things differently. Reading hundreds of peoples near death experiences sort of broadened my perspective. It seems the common theme in a near death experiences is we get what we expect. I am beginning to think to some degree we do create our own realty and that means everyone's is different. Personally I am ok with someone having a different reality than mine until their reality affects my life. Example of the would be the vaccine Nazis making my life hell for not taking the shot. In their realty the vaccine was 98 percent effective. In true realty the vaccine was a failure. I guess what I am saying is I don't understand why people argue about their different perceptions unless it treads on them.
Maybe they argue in hopes that they can keep the opponents reality from affecting them. Self preservation.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe they argue in hopes that they can keep the opponents reality from affecting them. Self preservation.
I get that in the case of glovbal warming, vaccines and political issues. However when it comes to the world being round or flat what is anyone going to do about it?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying Joe. Personally I don't believe the earth is flat.
Well that's certainly good to know! Lol

However I think there are many things about the earth and the universe we don't know.
Absolutely! However, there are also many things about the Earth and Universe that are known.
The shape of the Earth is in fact, one of those things.

Personally I am ok with someone having a different reality than mine until their reality affects my life. Example of the would be the vaccine Nazis making my life hell for not taking the shot.
Imo that is not an example of a different reality. That is an example of people who have a mistaken view of reality and are trying to force others into accepting it.

In their realty the vaccine was 98 percent effective. In true realty the vaccine was a failure.
That's better described as their delusion, not a reality, as there was nothing "real" about it.

Reality refers to what is actually real, and when it comes to many things, there is in fact only one reality for everyone.
The Earth being round and the efficacy of vaccines are but two of those things.

They can say the vax has a 98% rate of effectiveness, but in reality they are/were provably wrong.
Ie: their so-called "reality" is more accurately described as their delusion.
Same goes for flat Earthers.

. I guess what I am saying is I don't understand why people argue about their different perceptions unless it treads on them.
Well obviously someone trying to explain reality in answer to the flat Earthers questions, somehow is seen to tread on their delusion of reality.

Because that's how I got started in responding to these threads. I provided reality-based answers to supposedly honest questions, and ended up being called names and insulted, labeled as secret agent, or a ***, or any other derogatory name they can come up with.
So at some point, I started responding in kind. Because after them treating others that way for so long, I can only assume that is how they want to be treated.

Simply put, if the person I respond to stays on the path of politeness and respect, I do too.
....but if they choose the path of nastyness and name calling, then they have no right to complain if I follow them down that same path.

Bottom line is, there is but one "reality".
....but there can be an unlimited number of delusions people may hold.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they argue in hopes that they can keep the opponents delusions from affecting them. Self preservation.
Or affecting others.
....and fify.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
That is an example of people who have a mistaken view of reality and are trying to force others into accepting it.
Yep. Ya (almost) hit the nail on the head there, joe.
This being a discussion topic, not a slanderizing topic.
Only tryin to keep the thread on a (somewhat) civil basis here.
And there's no reason for anyone to get butt-hurt when someone objects to another's opinion. <grin>

And the thread won't be closed upon a poster's request, the admins will discuss it's viability.

BF

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Ya (almost) hit the nail on the head there, joe.
So saying the Earth is flat and trying to convince others of it, is not holding a mistaken view of reality?

In reality, the shape of the Earth can in fact be proven and is not a point of debate.

Asking because you slashed out the word mistaken as though things like the idea of a flat Earth are valid.
It may in fact be an idea, but it sure as heck is not a valid idea.

Imho, things that are provable absolutes are not up for debate, as those things are in fact objective truth.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You can scream all you want to joker, you're wrong that what you believe is objective truth. It's not, it's belief, since there's no way you can prove it. Please feel free to prove it, and pretty pictures won't work.

The fact that you are so adamant about what you believe, and it's not provable, despite what you continue to attempt to hammer in us, suggests that you have reason behind pushing such belief.

How is it that you are an unqualified expert on anything atmospheric. Chemtrails, earth shape, you represent yourself as an unqualified expert to the point you ridicule anyone else presenting alternative views to yours.

Tell us about your expertise.

You won't of course, since you have none.

But nothing to see here, is there...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can scream all you want to joker,
I'm not screaming. Merely explaining.

you're wrong that what you believe is objective truth.
I may not be correct on eveeything, but when it comes to the shape of the Earth I most certainly am.

It's not, it's belief, since there's no way you can prove it.
All I've done is attempt to show how anyone can prove it for themselves.
....that is of course, if they honestly try to.

Intentionally ignoring evidence and then claiming there is no proof, is being dishonest.

Please feel free to prove it, and pretty pictures won't work
Why not? A pic shows what it shows.
....and the pic in question clearly shows that the surface of the water curves downward and away from the viewer.

That is not merely my opinion, but objective fact that can be seen by anyone looking at it.

The fact that you are so adamant about what you believe, and it's not provable, despite what you continue to attempt to hammer in us, suggests that you have reason behind pushing such belief.
My "reason" is to point out willful ignorance so that others might see it for what it is, and not have their mind polluted by it.

How is it that you are an unqualified expert on anything atmospheric. Chemtrails, earth shape, you represent yourself as an unqualified expert to the point you ridicule anyone else presenting alternative views to yours.
Maybe it's because I'm intelligent enough to be able to correctly figure it out?
....and any ridicule I've dished out has only been in response to others doing it to me first.

For example, all my discussions with sol on this subject used to entirely civil until he went down the path of name calling and ridicule. All I did was to start responding in-kind.

Tell us about your expertise.
What is your expertise on the shape of the Earth and chemtrails?

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder why these trolls are so adamant and vociferous regarding any conversation about space. Note this thread is dominated with their views to the point of ridiculing anyone that thinks different, or or is interested in exploring any other views. Also this is true in the thread regarding any mention of chemtrails, again space. That too brings domineering ridicule to anyone who is interested in exploring this topic, apart from the mainstream.

Why?

I believe the folks these trolls are covering for have been stealing huge amounts of money from NASA for a long time, and that this is so successful that they need and hire these trolls to cover that.

This is why all the fuss...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
See? Anyone trying to explain something immediately gets called a troll or a paid shill, or worse.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
show us the edge. thats all you gotta do.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
See? Anyone trying to explain something immediately gets called a troll or a paid shill, or worse.
Problem is you're not explaining, you're telling us WHAT IS, which is your opinion, but you couch it as unassailable, undiscussable fact.

Only a shill or troll would do that. Because they've got something to protect.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Bottom Feeder

Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
You don't even have a clue what this argument is all about.
Empirical Evidence

Empirical evidence for a proposition is evidence, i.e. what supports or counters this proposition, that is constituted by or accessible to sense experience or experimental procedure. Empirical evidence is of central importance to the sciences and plays a role in various other fields, like epistemology and law.

Bottom Feeder

Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Logical Proof

A logical proof builds on agreed assumptions or postulates. Such “proofs” are found in metaphysics. Examples would include the Ontological Proof of the existence of God or even Descartes's Cogito Ergo Sum.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is you're not explaining, you're telling us WHAT IS, which is your opinion
I have very clearly explained how anyone can determine that the Earth is in fact spherical.

You don't even have a clue what this argument is all about.
He at least is on topic, which is more than can be said of your responses.

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
1654602894724.png

Bottom Feeder

Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Woops...
So it seems that Auguste Piccard was the first to detect the curvature of the earth —​

The first direct visual detection of the curvature of the horizon has been widely attributed to Auguste Piccard and Paul Kipfer on 27 May 1931 [2]. They reported seeing it from a hydrogen-filled balloon at an elevation of 15,787 m (51,783 ft) over Germany and Austria. On 11 November 1935, Albert W. Stevens and Orville A. Anderson became the first people to photograph the curvature. They were flying in the helium-filled Explorer II balloon during a record-breaking flight to an altitude of 22; 066m (72; 395 ft) over South Dakota.

Visually Discerning the Curvature of the Earth
David K. Lynch

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Woops...
So it seems that Auguste Piccard was the first to detect the curvature of the earth —​
So in other words, the meme about it that was previously posted was either made by mistake, or was created in order to deceive?

Edited to add:....and I realize that densus in all likelyhood was not tje one who created it.

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
So in other words, the meme about it that was previously posted was either made by mistake, or was created in order to deceive?

Edited to add:....and I realize that densus in all likelyhood was not tje one who created it.
That is correct to the edited part.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Once again I ask. Show me a picture of the edge. That shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Good God, how about you show me where anyone said the earth has the edge you're asking to display.

It was a fucking question...

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A question about the earths shape. No one here said that the earth is flat, except all the trolls who automatically state and want you to prove that the earth isn't flat.

An edge, gimme a fucking break that has a clue...

This was a question about something that no human can possibly prove to any conscious cognitive mind.

Like the existence of the virus, another widely believed in narrative that no one can see or prove because they can't isolate a provable disease causing critter so small that it has never been seen, except on newly invented equipment 40 years after a so called virus created a so called viral plague has suppositly killed lots of folks. Lie after lie after lie covering up the massive industrial pollution that actually was killing folks.

The earth, so large, and the virus, so small, neither can be proven by a average 6 foot size human. That makes it a prime, ripe narrative by the story tellers, who create narratives in order to enrichen themselves.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It is a fact that a molten metal dropped from a substantial height in Earths atmosphere will result in an almost perfect sphere.... this was technology in the 18th century and the means that mini balls were created in volume using what is known as a shot tower.... there is a 18th century shot that remains standing in the Baltimore area.

Pursuant Big Bang theory, molten matter was blown out into the abyss, and like the hot molten lead mini-balls they formed almost perfect spheres.... Such a theory is used & employed to support the concept of a spherical Earth... however NASA and its accolites report that the planet is actually "pear shaped". This opens the door to a collision between earth and the moon or some other cosmic body, providing the explaination theory for the creation & genesis of the moon.... it all sounds good but its all THEORY & HYPOTHESIS!

These theories on the shape of the planet dont jive with actual observations, yet there are other explainations... the problem is that they refute the religion of Big Bang theory....

aaf6f29a3d1dc303216b9c2114e03494dbf034f1.jpg

Illustrated above is a 8 sided octagon with 8 flat sides. Such a shape would project a spherical shape upon the moon during eclipse periods.... the flat sides would agree with the common observers observations & measurements that indeed they are located upon a flat side, and mistakenly apply the observation to the entire planet....

There are 7 continents which are divided & subdivided by oceans & mountain ranges. Since 75% of the planet is ocean, we cannot observe any of the land masses that would fit the definition of a
continent.... for the sake of theoretical hypothesis, I am theorizing that the planet is divided into 12 flat & semi-flat sides, aka illustrated by an augmented dodacahedron, to wit:

Augmented_dodecahedron_2.png

Anyone conducting an experiment on one of the flat sides could err in believing the planet is a flat plane of some sort, while the sphere & round earthers would also be fooled by cast shadows and other observations.... The supporters of both camps cannot theoretically be correct or conclusive as there is ample observations to support both beliefs & conclusions. Logically then, the planet must be of some other shape that is composed of a number of flat or semi-flat sides....

Is it possible that the ancients have provided clues for us in esoteric & occult numerology.... ??? I dont know, but I do find the subject to be rather fascinating.

RhJgj.gif

Now, back to the arguments!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This was a question about something that no human can possibly prove to any conscious cognitive mind.
In your opinion perhaps, but not in reality. Anyone able to get high enough in a plane can see Earth's curvature.

Evidence of it can also be seen in @solarion 's photo of Chicago that he originally used in a failed attempt to prove the Earth is flat.
....but now is incapale of even acknowledging the pic exits. He won't even acknowledge having originally posted it. Lol

Something certainly caused a hump of water between Indiana and downtown Chicago, because that water obviously blocks the view.
....but on a flat Earth (as he has said it is) a hump of water in the middle of a lake would be impossible.

Here the pic again. Hopefully it'll trigger your cognitive dissonance. Lol lol lol lol lol lol

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Anyone who says the Earth exhibits no evidence of surface curvature, and who whishes to be taken seriously, needs to explain why we can't see all of Wilis Tower and why no buildings are visible between the two arrows.
....and if they cannot explain why, then they should accept that others will never take them seriously.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
In your opinion perhaps, but not in reality. Anyone able to get high enough in a plane can see Earth's curvature.

Evidence of it can also be seen in @solarion 's photo of Chicago that he originally used in a failed attempt to prove the Earth is flat.
....but now is incapale of even acknowledging the pic exits. He won't even acknowledge having originally posted it. Lol

Something certainly caused a hump of water between Indiana and downtown Chicago, because that water obviously blocks the view.
....but on a flat Earth (as he has said it is) a hump of water in the middle of a lake would be impossible.

Here the pic again. Hopefully it'll trigger your cognitive dissonance. Lol lol lol lol lol lol

View attachment 262835

Anyone who says the Earth exhibits no evidence of surface curvature needs and who whishes to be taken seriously, needs to explain why we can't see all of Wilis Tower and why no buildings are visible between the two arrows.
....and if they cannot explain why, then they should accept that others will never take them seriously.

Are they observing curvature or are they seeing & experiencing a flowing transition from one flat or semi flat side to another that creates the illusion of curvature?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are they observing curvature or are they seeing & experiencing a flowing transition from one flat or semi flat side to another that creates the illusion of curvature?
They are seeing curvature. If it were what you describe, an angled point between two flat surfaces would be what they saw.

Instead, one would see an arc across ones field of view from left to right.
....which is exactly how it looks.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They are seeing curvature. If it were what you describe, an angled point between two flat surfaces would be what they saw.

Instead, one would see an arc across ones field of view from left to right.
....which is exactly how it looks.

No angled points, as I stated semi flat transitions, the angles would not be pronounced when the transition would be 2000+ square miles... the flat & semi flat sides could total a million square miles or more... which would create the illusion of curvature.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So in these last 5 posts we have a poster who is questioning the theoretical possibilities of the shape of the earth, and a poster who knows for sure what the shape of the earth is, and is into denigrating anyone who doesn't.

So which is a human and which is a programmed bot...

Which is broadening the question, and which want's to shut it down because it comes too comfortably close to that which they are fleecing?

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It is a fact that a molten metal dropped from a substantial height in Earths atmosphere will result in an almost perfect sphere.... this was technology in the 18th century and the means that mini balls were created in volume using what is known as a shot tower.... there is a 18th century shot that remains standing in the Baltimore area.

Pursuant Big Bang theory, molten matter was blown out into the abyss, and like the hot molten lead mini-balls they formed almost perfect spheres.... Such a theory is used & employed to support the concept of a spherical Earth... however NASA and its accolites report that the planet is actually "pear shaped". This opens the door to a collision between earth and the moon or some other cosmic body, providing the explaination theory for the creation & genesis of the moon.... it all sounds good but its all THEORY & HYPOTHESIS!

These theories on the shape of the planet dont jive with actual observations, yet there are other explainations... the problem is that they refute the religion of Big Bang theory....

View attachment 262821

Illustrated above is a 8 sided octagon with 8 flat sides. Such a shape would project a spherical shape upon the moon during eclipse periods.... the flat sides would agree with the common observers observations & measurements that indeed they are located upon a flat side, and mistakenly apply the observation to the entire planet....

There are 7 continents which are divided & subdivided by oceans & mountain ranges. Since 75% of the planet is ocean, we cannot observe any of the land masses that would fit the definition of a
continent.... for the sake of theoretical hypothesis, I am theorizing that the planet is divided into 12 flat & semi-flat sides, aka illustrated by an augmented dodacahedron, to wit:

View attachment 262826

Anyone conducting an experiment on one of the flat sides could err in believing the planet is a flat plane of some sort, while the sphere & round earthers would also be fooled by cast shadows and other observations.... The supporters of both camps cannot theoretically be correct or conclusive as there is ample observations to support both beliefs & conclusions. Logically then, the planet must be of some other shape that is composed of a number of flat or semi-flat sides....

Is it possible that the ancients have provided clues for us in esoteric & occult numerology.... ??? I dont know, but I do find the subject to be rather fascinating.

View attachment 262836

Now, back to the arguments!
Made me automatically think of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'll take Bob for the bot, army guy.

Forgive me for providing some alternative possibilities that offer a different & vast hypothesis to the seriously flawed model that your masters have presented & educated you upon and you have drank it like the sweet nectar of mothers milk.... So now I'm the subject of an ad hominen attack, stating I'm a bot for presenting subject matter that could roust one out of deep continuous sleep & require the firing of two or more neurons.

Your not after learning more or considering different points of view, your here to defend the erroneous status quo and shut down any alternative views that may challenge your simplistic not very scientific ideology... Got it!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Indeed, as a mental exercise I hypothesize that the planet is a similar shape as a dodecahedron... the edges are of such an expanse that we mostly dont recognize them... oceans hide many of the divides while mountain ranges & rivers are also divides... none of the planet is exactly flat but rather semi flat & flows up and down.... the big question isnt really whether the planet is 7, 9, 11 or 12+ sides... the real mind bender is water & its level.

8bf3605f58ad590cc6e546903d2c7eea.jpg

Image of two oceans meeting

The word "gravity" is like the word "time" ... Does time exist? Maybe, maybe not... empirically I can state that clocks exist, but a clock isnt time! It doesnt really matter if the planet is flat or round, in either scenario, a force called gravity is preventing water from flying off either shape.... I tend to think that water has magnetic or some other magnetic type of properties that holds water on the surface, etc... and it holds it relative to the geo terrestrial shape.

The big problem in redefining the word "gravity" as a type of magnetism would be in the application of applying gravity to other cosmic bodies.... it opems a whole new can of worms. If there is such a thing as magical gravity, is it universal & always the same strength throughout the uni-verse or is it stronger in one galaxy & weaker in others? Ah but dont worry, the resident experts will provide you with the theories they believe are truth, when in reality they dont know, as they are relying on theoretical guesses....

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
No angled points, as I stated semi flat transitions, the angles would not be pronounced when the transition would be 2000+ square miles.
It would still be very noticeable compared to the flat spots.

Why are you so adamant about the Earth being any shape but round?

Now it seems as though you are saying it's shaped like a soccer ball?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
the real mind bender is water & its level.
Ok, then explain the pic of Chicago that shows a hump of water blocking part of the view of downtown Chicago.

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Yet if you were to take a boat from that beach across the water to Chicago, there would be no hump of water to sail over. More of the city would just slowly come into view with the water remaining level the entire way.

If you cannot explain it and have no idea why it looks like that and none of your theories explain it, hopefully you'll have the integrity to say so.
Do you?