• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Some issues or another? Is that what we're calling 500 year old theories that are provably WRONG?
I'm sorry, just what do you think you have proven wrong? The only wrong thing seems to be your understanding.

Do you know what is supposed to happen to provably wrong theories in proper scientific methodology?
They then look for repeatability and analyse the experiment that disproves the theory for bias or inconsistency. Then based on this new knowledge they devise new experiments to support the new ideas and normally a new or modified theory is developed.

It happens constantly in real science... maybe not so much with climate, that seems to be more religion.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm sorry, just what do you think you have proven wrong? The only wrong thing seems to be your understanding.
So when galactic rotational speeds are calculated via newtonian gravitational theory and the reality is nowhere near the calculations...that is called being proven ______. ...it starts with a "W" and ends with a "RONG".

So what is dark matter again?

When the mass expected in a volume of space is calculated according to Newtonian AND Einsteinian gravitational theory and the reality is allegedly compared to that result AND it's off by 120 orders of magnitude, that's called two theories that are W____. Wrong is it?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is that what we're calling 500 year old theories that are provably WRONG?
It's a little more subtle than a binary wrong/right "proof", we understand a hell of a lot about it without being able to completely explain it. What we understand has been tested and mostly proven and used in our endeavors successfully.

... but then if you don't believe we have ever achieved anything then I guess it all falls a part in your mind. LOL.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So when galactic rotational speeds are calculated via newtonian gravitational theory and the reality is nowhere near the calculations...that is called being proven ______. ...it starts with a "W" and ends with a "RONG".
So? Catch up, they have moved on... it doesn't disprove all aspects of what is theorized. It does however tell us that we have not got the underlying source of the force explained correctly.

It's not a black and white issue.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
if you don't believe
I do not "believe". I prefer a bit of science in my science.

As I've said over and over...if you like your religion...keep your religion, just don't tell me it's science...IT ISN'T SCIENCE.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I do not "believe". I prefer a bit of science in my science.
So when some one who disagrees with you cites science it's religion but when you invoke science it is science? Hypocritical, much?

As I've said over and over...if you like your religion...keep your religion, just don't tell me it's science...IT ISN'T SCIENCE.
You try and conflate science and religion which only really serves to demonstrate that you understand neither. No matter how often you say it, it remains a fantasy in your head.

Science is not religion when it is preformed to correct scientific method, out side of that it is not actually science at all.

Your "proofs" are not scientific at all, in fact the very idea of proof falls by the wayside if you shun scientific method.

Now, care to offer some "proof" that actually stands up?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What science? I've asked over and over for independently verifiable proof. Not one shred of anything even vaguely resembling science has been suggested. All I get is "you gotta have faith in scientists" for science to make sense. That is not science...it's religion. Religion is based upon faith.

Science is not based upon faith...it's based upon empiricism.
Is there anything YOU can check yourself in your "science"? ...or are you always content to substitute another's reason for your own? Is it only alleged "experts" or will anyone's data suffice? How do you determine who's reason you can trust? ...since clearly your belief structure hinges upon trust?

Presumably you believe that "scientists" generically are smarter than you, so therefore it's okay? Well I'm a scientist and I present my own beliefs all the time, and you reject them...so what's your criterion?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What science? I've asked over and over for independently verifiable proof. Not one shred of anything even vaguely resembling science has been suggested. All I get is "you gotta have faith in scientists" for science to make sense. That is not science.
Nothing is "independently verifiable" according to you.

Science is not based upon faith...it's based upon empiricism.
Not according to you, according to you it doesn't exist save for when it suits you.

Is there anything YOU can check yourself in your "science"? ...or are you always content to substitute another's reason for your own? Is it only alleged "experts" or will anyone's data suffice? How do you determine who's reason you can trust? ...since clearly your belief structure hinges upon trust?
YOU haven't got the facility to repeat and verify all but the most basic experiments so you will NEVER accept anything as being proven. Which neither does science by the way, science cannot prove anything it can only disprove, ergo a theory stands until it is disproved. Your addiction to proof underlines the fact that you don't understand scientific method.

... and YES, we repeated many experiments in physics and chemistry throughout my education that independently verified many theories. It is par for the course if you did the sciences.

As for the work of others, well that is why they peer review and attempt to replicate experiments to either support or fault the findings of other scientists. You never get to just claim something without being checked by a whole crowd of interested parties.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
...and when did I claim that? I recall claiming the exact opposite...can you provide a quote with me saying otherwise?

Do you know what the word empirical means? It's almost like we're speaking different languages.

1580774288602.png

Better?

Is it that I can prove it exists to anyone at any time...via empiricism?
This was post #309 just last page...the topic was electricity. Which is EASILY verifiable by anyone at any time. Agreed?

Do you see me railing against electrical theory?

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
...and when did I claim that? I recall claiming the exact opposite...can you provide a quote with me saying otherwise?

Do you know what the word empirical means? It's almost like we're speaking different languages.

View attachment 153310

Better?
This is the way you have been behaving, when it doesn't suit you, you simply refute it. You posted two videos supporting exactly the opposite of what you where saying for god sake! ... and you are attempting to talk down to people.

This was post #309 just last page...the topic was electricity. Which is EASILY verifiable by anyone at any time. Agreed?

Do you see me railing against electrical theory?
So just how do you easily verify electricity to a standard that meets your expectation? You can't... I can drop something on your foot and tell you the force involved was gravity. It verifies that force is involved without a full explanation of that force, which is about all you can muster with electricity.

Double standard... much?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Back to the article in question...

7) Surveyors, engineers and architects are never required to factor the supposed curvature of the Earth into their projects. Canals, railways, bridges and tunnels for example are always cut and laid horizontally, often over hundreds of miles without any allowance for curvature.

8) The Suez Canal connecting the Mediterranean with the Red Sea is 100 miles long without any locks making the water an uninterrupted continuation of the two seas. When constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles.
I love this stuff... he assumes water settles to some flat level and not to the curvature of the earth and calls it a "proof", this stuff is gobsmackingly stupid.

Skeptics I invite you to lampoon your fav "proof", 200 to choose from, everyone is a winner!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
So just how do you easily verify electricity to a standard that meets your expectation? You can't...
LOL Thanks for notifying me.

...and you think dropping something proves what? Exactly? You believe that somehow dropping an object is evidence that there's a mysterious, as yet unexplained universal "force" that's sometimes not a "force" that sometimes propagates at infinite speed, and sometimes propagates at the speed of light? That its causality remains unknown after 500 years, but will seemingly be known some day? ...and you believe all this because someone told you so?

So if I drop an apple in a tub of water and it floats...then what? Apples are anti-gravity fruit?
Skeptics I invite you to lampoon your fav "proof", 200 to choose from, everyone is a winner!
Yes! Summon the faithful to attack the blasphemy. The religion of pseudo-science MUST be protected.

I'd prefer if everyone watched the video...I think it'd be great if we discussed the OP in the thread about a video of 200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball. If you guys can stomach your religion being questioned.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL Thanks for notifying me.
Merely a statement of fact.

...and you think dropping something proves what? Exactly?
About the same that you can 'prove' of electricity in a simple demonstration that the common man can "verfity" for himself... it exists.

You believe that somehow dropping an object is evidence that there's a mysterious, as yet unexplained universal "force" that's sometimes not a "force" that sometimes propagates at infinite speed, and sometimes propagates at the speed of light? That its causality remains unknown after 500 years, but will seemingly be known some day? ...and you believe all this because someone told you so?
What a lot of babbling BS! It proves a force is at play, are you trying to say it doesn't?

So if I drop an apple in a tub of water and it floats...then what? Apples are anti-gravity fruit?
Jeepers creepers... no, it actually supports the idea of gravity. The apple displaces its weight in water prior to it being fully submerged and there it remains at balance aka floats. Same happens with objects in air... so WTF? You really don't seem to get what is happening here do you?

Yes! Summon the faithful to attack the blasphemy. The religion of pseudo-science MUST be protected.
No, invite the sensible to point out the obvious flaws in the 200 proofs... that aren't.

I'd prefer if everyone watched the video...I think it'd be great if we discussed the OP in the thread about a video of 200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball. If you guys can stomach your religion being questioned.
I did... full of ignorance and misunderstanding.

+ are you suggesting that the article attached is all wrong? Aside from the obvious crap it spouts.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
About the same that you can 'prove' of electricity in a simple demonstration that the common man can "verfity" for himself... it exists.
I can prove electricity exists myself with nothing more than an ice cube tray, vinegar, water, a galvanized nail, some copper wire, and an LED. There are dozens of simple electricity tests anyone can do at any time, by themselves. I suspect you know this, yet you're being intentionally obtuse, because you also know the same is not true of gravitation fairy tales. I have asked several times though for any way to verify independently any aspect of gravitational theory. You provide none because there are none.
What a lot of babbling BS! It proves a force is at play, are you trying to say it doesn't?
Yes I am. BTW so did Albert Einstein.
The apple displaces its weight in water prior to it being fully submerged and there it remains at balance aka floats. Same happens in air... so WTF? You really don't seem to get what is happening here do you?
No I get what's happening just fine. You're now attempting to employ Archimedes' principle to support your religion. It's fun though...and entertaining...you're certainly not the first to employ such a tactic. Though you should know Archimedes knew naught of gravity when he wrote his principle...gravity wasn't yet invented. The etymology of the word "gravity" itself has nothing whatsoever to do with physics at all...it means simply "heavy" or "weight", but go right on thinking graviton fairy magic is all around you...if you need to.

Your own religion teaches that graviton fairy magic maintains gas pressure in the air sphere, which is allegedly in direct contact with a vacuum in your religious model...yet you cannot prove that for yourself. Instead you must accept the word of your priests of scientism since you cannot model such a thing yourself.

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I can prove electricity exists myself with nothing more than an ice cube tray, vinegar, water, a galvanized nail, some copper wire, and an LED. There are dozens of simple electricity tests anyone can do at any time, by themselves. I suspect you know this, yet you're being intentionally obtuse, because you also know the same is not true of gravitation fairy tales. I have asked several times though for any way to verify independently any aspect of gravitational theory. You provide none because there are none.
I can prove that the force we call gravity exists by dropping a brick on your foot! Same deal... there is a force and in the same way you need to explain what is occurring when your electricity experiments are conducted you need to explain why the brick hit your foot at the speed it did!

Yes I am. BTW so did Albert Einstein.
Right, so the brick just has a crush on the earth and wants to get to it at reasonable speed... no force involved? Gimme a break. Didn't old Albert simply offer a differing theory of how gravity works? It is science after all, everything is always up for grabs if you can design an experiment that calls the current theory into question. I mean that is how it works.... science, that is.

No I get what's happening just fine. You're now attempting to employ Archimedes' principle to support your religion. It's fun though...and entertaining...you're certainly not the first to employ such a tactic. Though you should know Archimedes knew naught of gravity when he wrote his principle...gravity wasn't yet invented. The etymology of the word "gravity" itself has nothing whatsoever to do with physics at all...it means simply "heavy" or "weight", but go right on thinking graviton fairy magic is all around you...if you need to.
Sooooooo we can infer for this that you think that an apple floating in water somehow disproves the idea of gravity as a force? While I point out that it is in fact a needed component of having some object float in some fluid or gas.

Fairy magic? Yeah... that must be what I think every time I drop a hammer, or glass or summin! Damn that fairy magic again! "gravity wasn't yet invented" LOL, yeah because it has only "been invented" for what 500 years, so you keep saying. As a force it exists... verifiably, please jump out of your nearest tall building to verify it for yourself! .... or do you have another name for -----> "falling brick syndrome"! LOL... obscure reference to a once popular joke about stuttering that you can't tell these days.

There is a verifiable force in your life that keeps things floating on the ground, sea and in the air... you can experience it yourself, you do everyday. If you don't want to call it gravity then fine, but you need to offer some other theory to explain what we all experience.

Flat earth with no gravity none the less.... oh phuck... LOL.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I can prove that the force we call gravity exist by dropping a brick on your foot!
Are you sure you're not simply proofing Newton's law of motion...his third law of motion specifically. Can you prove that graviton fairy magic had anything to do with anything? No is it? Do you know what a scientific control is?
Didn't old Albert simply offer a differing theory of how gravity works?
Yeah, he "simply" offered another completely nonsensical theory of gravitation. It's useful only in that it contradicts Newton's daydream...that he himself didn't believe...and that he never completed.

Yeah I know bud, sucks when you learn that you're a theist after all doesn't it? ...and you didn't even know it. No worries, I used to be as you...then I woke up to all the BS being propagated by so called "scientists". It's nothing other than fanciful flights of imagination with not a trace of scientific methodology.

I've mentioned several times dark matter, and you've not said a word that I've noticed on the topic. Care to take this opportunity? It does represent the vast majority of "matter" in your religious view of the universe. Thus presumably you believe in it as well?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Are you sure you're not simply proofing Newton's law of motion...his third law of motion specifically. Can you prove that graviton fairy magic had anything to do with anything? No is it? Do you know what a scientific control is?
Yes, I'm sure... Yes I know what a control is... PS> I love the open minded language you use, so certain of your theory which is? What?

Yeah, he "simply" offered another completely nonsensical theory of gravitation. It's useful only in that it contradicts Newton's daydream...that he himself didn't believe...and that he never completed.
Sooooo? Free market in ideas and all that.

Yeah I know bud, sucks when you learn that you're a theist after all doesn't it? ...and you didn't even know it. No worries, I used to be as you...then I woke up to all the BS being propagated by so called "scientists". It's nothing other than fanciful flights of imagination with not a trace of scientific methodology.
Jeeez you flop that little old smelly thing out of your pants with boring regularity! You need to put substance behind your claims, you've proven sweet FA yet you swing it around like god. What? Are we going after all of "science" now? Ironically evoking science in the process... you seem to cherry pick quite a bit.

I've mentioned several times dark matter, and you've not said a word that I've noticed on the topic. Care to take this opportunity? It does represent the vast majority of "matter" in your religious view of the universe. Thus presumably you believe in it as well?
You are very good at cramming your views down other peoples throats aren't you? Dark Matter? You have not even moved off first base yet... settle down and try and offer something, anything that looks like credible proof of a flat earth with no gravity! I'm not buying your basic line in crap, why would I touch the high priced stuff?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Cramming my views down other people's throat? LOL This is a thread entitled 200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball that I did not start. Nobody makes anyone read or participate in threads here that I'm aware of.

You're not participating at all for instance. I ask questions, you ignore them. I offer evidence, you ignore it. You respond to every post, you just don't respond to anything I actually say. Again...your prerogative.

Dark matter? Are you trying to insult my priests of cosmology again?!? HAHAHA

You've already acknowledged that you're perfectly comfortable being told what to think by your priests of scientism. Clearly empirical evidence is not important to you. That's your prerogative. ...and yeah I know you're butt hurt about having your religion dissed. ...sorry?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You're not participating at all for instance. I ask questions, you ignore them. I offer evidence, you ignore it. You respond to every post, you just don't respond to anything I actually say. Again...your prerogative.
I just do what you do... seen a mirror recently?

I find it works best when dealing with posters that don't really seem to have an argument.

BTW YOU ARE CONSTANTLY TELLING ME WHAT I THINK!

Kind of an arsehole move really.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You've already acknowledged that you're perfectly comfortable being told what to think by your priests of scientism. Clearly empirical evidence is not important to you. That's your prerogative. ...and yeah I know you're butt hurt about having your religion dissed. ...sorry?
You have not come up with any empirical evidence! Are you drinking? LOL.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sure hope Voyager 2 can be recovered. It's been what 43 years? of nearly non-stop bs providing a fascinating look into the depths of human gullibility.
OK... so I am going to guess that you figure it's either not real or its just a satellite faking a broadcast of data? Or something similar....

Care to tell us what you think Voyager 2 really is and what its real purpose is?

I'm curious. Seems a bit elaborate as far as a hoax goes so where is the beef, what is the goal?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You mean with the exception of pseudo-science? ...yeah that's a whole lot of people.

Empirical evidence of WHAT? You want me to prove your religion's theory tales for you now? lol

I said electricity could easily be proven via empiricism...as well it can be...unlike graviton fairy magic.

I asked you for any way to independently confirm anything about your gravity gibberish...you admitted there wasn't any way and that's okay with you. That's kewl, I already knew that. That's how your faith based pseudo-science works though.
Seems a bit elaborate as far as a hoax goes so where is the beef, what is the goal?
You want me to tell you why NASA bothers with dog vomit pseudo-science like men walking on the moon wearing 1960s era space/time suits or pretends they're communicating with 1970s era space/time craft that are ELEVEN BILLION miles away with a 13 watt transmitter? LMAO

Well you gobble it all up don't you? You and millions of other people believe firmly that you're a tiny speck of carbon that "evolved" from a single celled organism and you inhabit a mud ball hurtling wildly through space time at over 1.8 million mph that spontaneously created itself from some dust and gas over 4 billion years ago. You have your very own version of genesis thanks to your hero psuedo-scientists and you wish me to tell you why goobermint would do such a thing?

Guess you think it's just a coincidence then that so called "science" offers a competing narrative for everything in the book of genesis...with every bit as much actual science supporting it as one finds in Christian scripture. Science is becoming a joke due to these ridiculous theory tales. Big bang...neo-darwinism...gravitational theory...dark vomit...relativity...redshift = distance...etc. It's a religion for a-theists.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OK flat earthers, can you explain to me why this works if indeed the earth is flat and YES I have done this "experiment" myself!

When sailing a distance the shortest distance between two points is what we call the "Great Circle Route" and not a straight compass course. I've done both navigation methods over distance and it is indeed shorter to sail a great circle route.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/great-circle-route

Now, if the earth is indeed flat how is that possible? In my bally world it makes perfect sense, but for you it must be a little confounding!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well you gobble it all up don't you? You and millions of other people believe firmly that you're a tiny speck of carbon that "evolved" from a single celled organism and you inhabit a mud ball hurtling wildly through space time at over 1.8 million mph that spontaneously created itself from some dust and gas over 4 billion years ago. You have your very own version of genesis thanks to your hero psuedo-scientists and you wish me to tell you why goobermint would do such a thing?
You see, I ask a question and you go all arsehole on me telling me what I think. Exactly what you accuse me of doing... are you in ANTIFA?

What about telling us what you think happened in that instance instead?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Guess you think it's just a coincidence then that so called "science" offers a competing narrative for everything in the book of genesis...
I'd say it ignores quite a bit, but I haven't checked. LOL.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Science is becoming a joke due to these ridiculous theory tales.
I will agree that "Climate Science" and some of the other branches that have moved into dogma to protect themselves are damaging the discipline. In fact people developing your attitude are what I fear is a logical response to some of the corruption of science, given human emotions. Sadly the funding whores are shooting good science and themselves in the foot and people like you will drag us back to the darkages. I don't know who I despise more, corrupt scientists or dogmatic fundamentalists, I consider you both very dangerous types of people.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Empirical evidence of WHAT?
Whatever you believe the truth to be, I'd have thought that much was self evident. Do stop stalling old chap.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Science's job is to theorise and then try and disprove the theory, it never proves anything per-say.
Yep. Best way to see if a theory is on the right track, is to attempt to disprove it.
....and the problem with all this flat Earth no gravity bs, is that it's adherents only seek to prove their bs theory. They never seek to disprove it.

You are religious, you just think it's science that you worship...when really you worship scientists and their imaginations.
However you want to describe it, it's waaay the f' better than worshipping the ignorant fools who make flat Earth youtube vids. Lol

neither of us can confirm that it complies with inverse square laws.
The math that describes it obviously works though. How else could the exact trajectory be calculated to slingshot a satellite around any of the Planets as they do? Gravitational attraction varies by mass, and all the Planets have different amounts of mass. If the equations were not correct, the sats would either hit the Planets or fly off on a bad trajectory.
...but they don't, so gravity must work as described by the equations.

Oh wait, you don't believe there's such a thing as outer space either, do you? Lol

Really? You didn't read the post did you?
Oh, he read it alright, but using different definitions for all the words. It's almost as though you guys are speaking different languages. Lol

You (sol) are just trolling
I wish he was only trolling, I really do. Willful ignorance at the depths displayed in this thread makes me sad.

In your ignorance you posted proof of what we where saying while foolishly believing that it disproved us.
He did that to me before too. Make sure to document it it so you can remind him of it later. Lol

You really need to work on understanding what is being said before you have a go at it.
Odds are slim to none of that happening.
....and Slim just boarded a rocket to the Moon. So he's outta here. Lol

but then if you don't believe we have ever achieved anything then I guess it all falls a part in your mind. LOL.
It's truly astounding what needs to be denied and rejected, simply to cling to the belief that we didn't go to the Moon and that the Earth is flat.

It's a trillion million times more science-y than any of the flat Earth/no gravity hokum you're trying to peddle.

So when some one who disagrees with you cites science it's religion but when you invoke science it is science? Hypocritical, much?
Condescending too. Lol

I wonder if he's ever tore his car's engine apart to make sure there's really pistons in there and not a family of squirrels on a treadmill?

This is the way you have been behaving, when it doesn't suit you, you simply refute it
Standard m.o.
....or sometimes he'll just ignore it and then claim you're being mean to him if you bring it up.

and you are attempting to talk down to people.
Yea, I got that a lot too.

I love this stuff... he assumes water settles to some flat level and not to the curvature of the earth and calls it a "proof", this stuff is gobsmackingly stupid
Now you're catchin' on! Lol

I can prove that the force we call gravity exist by dropping a brick on your foot!
No, in his World it only fell because the brick is denser than the air under it. No gravity necessary! Lol

Flat earth with no gravity none the less.... oh phuck... LOL.
Hey, whatever it takes to maintain the belief that the Apollo missions were faked. Lol

When sailing a distance the shortest distance between two points is what we call the "Great Circle Route" and not a straight compass course. I've done both navigation methods over distance and it is indeed shorter to sail a great circle route.
If you claim to have actually experienced that, all it proves is that you're part of the cover up. How much are they paying you for your collusion? Lol

In fact people developing your attitude are what I fear is a logical response to some of the corruption of science, given human emotions. Sadly the funding whores are shooting good science and themselves in the foot and people like you will drag us back to the darkages. I don't know who I despise more, corrupt scientists or dogmatic fundamentalists, I consider you both very dangerous types of people.
Which is why it''s important to respond to this stuff. You'll never convince him, but there are other people reading who may not have thought about some of this stuff very much, and if all they hear is the hokum, some of 'em might fall for it.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Which is why it''s important to respond to this stuff. You'll never convince him, but there are other people reading who may not have thought about some of this stuff very much, and if all they hear is the hokum, some of 'em might fall for it.
It feels futile but it stops me kicking the cat when I've had a crappy day... therapy of the cheap kind.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Midnight seemed as good a time as any to knock off for the night. There'll always be plenty of self proclaimed misguided a-theists to debate. Here's some copy pasta for you btw.
My response to an 'atheist' after calling me an idiot for daring to challenge his theory.

Your RELIGION is the most powerful RELIGION of all. So powerful in fact that you don't even realise it's a RELIGION.

Your SCRIPTURES PREACH that 13,800,000,000 years ago nothing colided with nothing (scientifically impossible) to create something. This something then developed into rock matter evolving into a giant spinning ball which was protected by a magical force called gravity (scientifically unproven). This magical force was able to hold 8,000,000,000,000 tons of water to the spinning ball whilst revolving at 1000 mph; simultaneously travelling at 67,000 mph around the sun and 490,000 mph through 'space' without the need of a solid barrier to prevent it colliding with a second 'gas' (scientifically impossible).

Subsequently creating the most complex DNA within it's waters which evolved by creating/ losing gills, crawling out of the oceans and developing lungs to manifest into 8,700,000 different types of life form (scientifically impossible).

You maintain blind FAITH in your SCRIPTURES that PREACH the moon to be 239,000 miles away. That the furthest man made probe is currently 13,200,000,000 miles away and that there are 10,000,000,000 galaxies with 10,000,000,000 stars in each galaxy and 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable 'universe'. You BELIEVE that light travels at 186,414 miles per second and that the sun is 4,600,000,000 years old and 93,000,000,000 miles away.

Your SCRITURES PREACH that there is a planet 2 1/2 times the size of earth which is made of diamonds and that it rains diamonds on both 'Jupiter' and 'Saturn'.

Your GODS are so powerful that you don't even realise they are GODS - Darwin, Copernicus, Galileo, Newton (masons and charlatans). Your PROPHETS are Einstein, De Grass Tyson and Nye, spinning mathemagics like the deadliest spider spins it's web.
Your RELIGION is based on pseudo science which completely discards the definition of true science - observable, testable, repeatable, falsifiable.

But challenge you or the other billions of FOLLOWERS of this RELIGION at my peril.
Yet you call ME the idiot!
Wake tf up already. Your scientists are merely the priests of your religion handing you an alternative to biblical tradition all disguised as "science".

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Old sol is disproving gravity as we speak.

By walking on water!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What about telling us what you think happened in that instance instead?
You mean "creation"? I've absolutely no effing idea. I'm not a holy roller...I'm a scientist. ...and big bang is complete and total bs without even a single shred of actual science to support it. It's simply religion for people that fancy themselves a-theists...just like neo-darwinism.

Perhaps if we could stop pretending everything is a binary choice...creationism vs "evolution"(neo-darwinism) we could seek some actual answers instead of being locked into two boxes.
I will agree that "Climate Science" and some of the other branches that have moved into dogma to protect themselves are damaging the discipline. In fact people developing your attitude are what I fear is a logical response to some of the corruption of science, given human emotions. Sadly the funding whores are shooting good science and themselves in the foot and people like you will drag us back to the darkages. I don't know who I despise more, corrupt scientists or dogmatic fundamentalists, I consider you both very dangerous types of people.
Yes, I'm a scientist damaging science. Any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Science doesn't need you to protect it from people asking questions. The danger to science is people perpetuating the INSANE and blatantly ANTI-SCIENTIFIC concept that there's such a thing as SETTLED SCIENCE. There is NO such thing as SETTLED SCIENCE. NOT EVER

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Shank you shank you very much.

I can't take all the credit though. Guys post in these anti-pseudo-science threads...for a reason. When joking, Zed, and others say they're "afraid" someone's going to cause science to revert to the stone age...they actually believe it. They think they're the self appointed defenders of "science" and people call me condescending. lol

Lulzy as it is, if "settled science" were a thing, this thread could well be called "200 proofs Earth is NOT a flat disc with upturned edges" ...just as people believed as recently as five centuries ago. Just as Auguste Piccard said in 1931.

Last edited:

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
They think they're the self appointed defenders of "science"
Ahhh, no. They could care less about science. What they're doing is confusing the issues as much as they can. They're busy taking you down cuz you're too close to the truth about some issues, and they obviously IMHO want this forum to diss your knowledge, and not pay attention to some of the things you say.

Somehow you pissed off two of the biggest furrin freedom hating trolls on this forum, and they're busy dancing on your head. They hate me too cuz they don't like being called on their indoctrination games...

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This thread is for entertainment purposes only.
Not quite as good as my Bungaman Chronicles but entertainment none-the-less.

BF