• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

2018 firearm wish list....what's on yours?

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Title says it all? What piece or pieces do you wish to add to your collection? Or are you content? What about accessories like optics or holsters or other gear? Custom work? Or are you still buying ammo hand over fist?

Personally (not in any order)...

1. 6" Ruger GP100
2. Sig Sauer 226 Legion
3. Momma says I need to get "his own" S&W Shield in 9mm
4. Custom leather holster for my 1911
5. Back up receiver/frame for my TC Encore (and maybe a barrel or two)
6. An AK-variant
7. Finish up my reloading workstation
8. Shot Timer
9. Quality Electronic Ears
10. at least 2 extra magazines for each semi auto I own
11. a used 10/22 receiver so I can make use of all my other parts to have a complete shooter
12. AMMO AMMO AMMO (to shoot not hoard)

If I get a third of this done in 2018 I will be thrilled.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Personally, I picked up a decent amount of handguns last year. I don't think I'll be looking for too much this year, but the HM Defense Raider M5 is on my watch list. If I find it at a good price I'll probably be adding one of them.

For what it's worth Rusty, one of the guns I purchased last year was a four inch S&W 686. I did hours upon hours of research and constantly compared it versus the Ruger GP100 and (for me) decided it was the better gun.

I ended up getting an old no dash model that, in my estimation, is about a 95%er. She's a real beauty.

I resurrected one of your old threads asking for opinions here: http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads...s-w-internal-trigger-locks.86419/#post-956659

Ammo is ALWAYS on the list.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This is my wish/want list. I have little hope of getting any of this stuff this year, but if I could...

1) Ruger 1911 in 10mm. That would be cool as hell.
2) SIG 1911 in 45acp.
3) Ruger MKIV 22lr, just for fun. I have a MKIII, but what the heck.
4) Marlin lever gun in 30-30, just for the coolness of it.
5) Marlin lever gun in 45/70, just for the coolness of it and because I hate my shoulder and want to crush it.
6) CMMG 9mm carbine. This thing is way too 'spensive, but would be cool to have.

There's more, but I really don't need any of this stuff. Just my "would like to have" list.

And ammo, I have so much of it, I wonder if I'll ever shoot it all.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
although I might look for a smaller CC in 9mm then what I am currently carrying
If you like SA autos, look real hard at the Sig 938's. They're awesome little guns. Compact, reliable, accurate as heck and super soft shooting for something so small.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I still want a Swiss K31, but afraid they are becoming few and far between anymore without spending a small fortune. Just something about that old Swiss craftsmanship and ingenuity.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This is my wish/want list. I have little hope of getting any of this stuff this year, but if I could...

1) Ruger 1911 in 10mm. That would be cool as hell...
Well.. you just gave me an idea for the wish list.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well.. you just gave me an idea for the wish list.
Searcher posted a video on this thing back about four or five months ago, I guess. It just hit a nerve for me and I immediately got that "I want one!" feeling. I never had a 10mm before.