• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

2018 Queen's Beast Unicorn, silver 2ozt

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I purchased a roll (10 each) of these in 2018 for under 400 bucks. I see that Provident is selling them for 394FRN's and Apmex is selling for 404FRN's each (1 coin). They are listed far lower on ebay but still fetching a pretty penny. Anyone out there know why Provident and Apmex would list so high? I will consult my LCS on Monday but thought I would try and get some feedback here.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
FWIW I see that Apmex is buying them for $118.86/coin at the moment. (Spot + $40/oz).

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
I suggested buying the 2 oz coins 6 months ago because prior years prices jump. There may be strict limited mintage as 2oz. is an odd size creating some numismatic value?

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Unicorn is clearly the premium queen when you are looking to complete the Beast sets, then the Griffin and Red Dragon. I’m paying $150/coin shipped for spot and tone free Unicorn coins with no scratches on the Queen’s cheek and neck (Griffins paying $125). Big dealers ask unrealistic prices when their inventory gets low (APMEX has 13 coins) and their bid/ask spread blows out.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Unicorn is clearly the premium queen when you are looking to complete the Beast sets, then the Griffin and Red Dragon. I’m paying $150/coin shipped for spot and tone free Unicorn coins with no scratches on the Queen’s cheek and neck (Griffins paying $125). Big dealers ask unrealistic prices when their inventory gets low (APMEX has 13 coins) and their bid/ask spread blows out.

It's a great way to maximize profits and keep some inventory. Basically waiting to take advantage of the morons who don't do any homework or the rich who just must have a commemorative and don't care about the price.

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Beasts have been a great series to maximize premium expansion. Why buy SAEs at $13+/oz over spot when you can buy Tudor Beast Yales for $5/oz over spot. Both are government bullion but Yales have premium expansion upside. Especially true if the Royal Mint decides to put Chuck on the remaining 2023 Yales and there ends up being two versions.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I may have opened the roll 2 or 3 times. I encapsulated one of them, but they all looked proof like to me. I will have to get them out to check for spotting. But in my experience I've only had that happen to maples.

I have had my mind set on good condition morgans lately, but I think I will give UK products some serious consideration. I am done stacking ASE's and anything modern silver US mint. They are a complete joke. I can't stand the royals, but people buy them for the reverse anyways.

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Sell me your nice Unicorns and you can replace with 3 Yale. 2oz for 6oz. I will have the Yale by the end of this week if you’d prefer a straight up 1 for 3 trade.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I may have opened the roll 2 or 3 times. I encapsulated one of them, but they all looked proof like to me. I will have to get them out to check for spotting. But in my experience I've only had that happen to maples.

I have had my mind set on good condition morgans lately, but I think I will give UK products some serious consideration. I am done stacking ASE's and anything modern silver US mint. They are a complete joke. I can't stand the royals, but people buy them for the reverse anyways.
Fwiw I've had them on a few different of the Canadian Wildlife series releases as well.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Sell me your nice Unicorns and you can replace with 3 Yale. 2oz for 6oz. I will have the Yale by the end of this week if you’d prefer a straight up 1 for 3 trade.
I have to give that some thought. I am really on the market for fractional gold at the moment.

Bubble Fat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
hit a unicorn.jpg

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I have to give that some thought. I am really on the market for fractional gold at the moment.
#metoo, premiums for fractional is stupid. Cheapest 1/10 I've seen is $199.00 + shipping, private party.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Oh shit!!! It just occurred to me Chucks mug will soon be on new brit-coins!!! Get the currents before they’re gone.

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The Yale Tudor Beast is an interesting coin. The initial run coins are dated 2023 and have the Queen on them… But wait, the Queen won’t be alive in 2023, so that’s an oddity. What will the Royal Mint do?

1. Mint all the Yale coins with the Queen, since they started that way, then convert to Chuck for future Tudor Beast coins
2. Don’t mint anymore until 2023 and then put Chuck on them, giving us two Yale coins of which the Queen obverse should have the lower mintage. Since the present price of the Yale on the Royal Mint’s site is priced at a premium to the initial Tudor Lion coin, I am guessing this may be what they intend to do.
3. Continue with the Queen on all the coins in this sequel to the Queen’s Beasts series. Not sure they can do that legally, even if they wanted to.

There’s an outside chance that the Yale coin with the Queen obverse dated 2023 becomes the low mintage key coin of the series, resulting in significant premium expansion with time. These are presently available for $5-6 over spot.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
#metoo, premiums for fractional is stupid. Cheapest 1/10 I've seen is $199.00 + shipping, private party.
I paid 470FRN's for 1/4 ozt AGE's last week at my LCS. That's a lower premium than any silver coin or round. Plus one of them was current year. That's unheard of online. Thank you.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The Yale Tudor Beast is an interesting coin. The initial run coins are dated 2023 and have the Queen on them… But wait, the Queen won’t be alive in 2023, so that’s an oddity. What will the Royal Mint do?

1. Mint all the Yale coins with the Queen, since they started that way, then convert to Chuck for future Tudor Beast coins
2. Don’t mint anymore until 2023 and then put Chuck on them, giving us two Yale coins of which the Queen obverse should have the lower mintage. Since the present price of the Yale on the Royal Mint’s site is priced at a premium to the initial Tudor Lion coin, I am guessing this may be what they intend to do.
3. Continue with the Queen on all the coins in this sequel to the Queen’s Beasts series. Not sure they can do that legally, even if they wanted to.

There’s an outside chance that the Yale coin with the Queen obverse dated 2023 becomes the low mintage key coin of the series, resulting in significant premium expansion with time. These are presently available for $5-6 over spot.
Where are they being offer 5-6 over spot?

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
JM Bullion has Yales at $6/oz over, any quantity.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

#1 is what's going to happen. Even though the Yale Tudor Beast coins are still trickling down through the dealer networks, the Royal Mint has potentially minted all Yale coins in Au, Ag, and Pt for that issue...could be done and dusted. Demand for the more common bullion coins (Britannias and related with the Queen's mug) is hot, as peeps are chasing nostalgia. The next Tudor Beast coin isn't going to be released until ~March of 2023, which should be enough time for king chucky to pose for his portrait and the Royal Mint to make the changeover.

The Queen's Beast series was fun to collect, due to it's uniqueness, and more importantly, the outstanding designs by Jody Clark, a gifted artist. After 2 issues into the Tudor Beast series, I'm underwhelmed by the David Lawrence designs, as rivaling JC's designs is going to be difficult, even impossible. I'll continue to collect the series in some capacity, but at a lower financial commitment that the Queen's Beast series, and reserve the right to quit the series at any time.

In silber, I might suggest getting the 10oz coins in capsules, as they don't milk spot like the 2oz coins and arguably have a similar premium appreciation potential, plus lower mintage if that's important to you. Good luck out there folks.