• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

2020 Philadelphia Silver Eagles

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Whose getting it? I was thinking about preordering a few ms70 and holding. Anyone else?

Apmex has them listed.

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A modern rarity, with only 240,000 coins produced, this is one of the rarest bullion issues of American Silver Eagles of all time. This release is second only to the 2015 Philadelphia issue, which currently sells for thousands of dollars in MS-70. The mintage of 240,000 coins is less than 7% of that of the famous 1996 key date American Silver Eagle.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production was reduced at the West Point Mint, prompting the Philadelphia Mint to produce a very small number of American Silver Eagles to help meet demand. Several certified options are available, including a special edition Philadelphia U.S. Mint label. Because of the astonishingly small mintage, the availability of these rare coins will be exceptionally limited. Act now to secure your emergency issue 2020 Philadelphia Silver Eagles while supplies last!

-Apmex

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If they had a P mintmark I would but they dont. This is not the first time the mint has struck "emergency issue" ASEs at philly. They struck a similar amount in 2014 or 15 to meet demand. Philly isnt set up to mass produce ASEs like westpoint. The track record of parentetical mintmarked ASEs isnt good. Pass.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A modern rarity, with only 240,000 coins produced, this is one of the rarest bullion issues of American Silver Eagles of all time. This release is second only to the 2015 Philadelphia issue, which currently sells for thousands of dollars in MS-70. The mintage of 240,000 coins is less than 7% of that of the famous 1996 key date American Silver Eagle.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production was reduced at the West Point Mint, prompting the Philadelphia Mint to produce a very small number of American Silver Eagles to help meet demand. Several certified options are available, including a special edition Philadelphia U.S. Mint label. Because of the astonishingly small mintage, the availability of these rare coins will be exceptionally limited. Act now to secure your emergency issue 2020 Philadelphia Silver Eagles while supplies last!

-Apmex
"Thousands in ms70" ?? I call b.s. Also it is early in the year and there could be more struck.

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"Thousands in ms70" ?? I call b.s. Also it is early in the year and there could be more struck.
The 2015 P is priced in the $ thousands from every price check I’ve done.

Apmex has this year listed for $250ish.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They only minted 80k 2015s at phiilly in 2015 and thats a $100 coin in icg ms69 all day. Check ebay completed auctions.
Dont do it bro. Lol

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The coin to get was last fall, the 2019-S reverse proof. Now that one was legit. One of the top all time $$$ opportunities.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I agree that this is a ‘greater fool’ play. Lots of moving parts/chance for loss. I won’t be doing this ‘deal’. Sorry to be a buzzkill.