• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

.22 Ammo

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well this was fun. The Eleys that wouldn't shoot in my gun were subsonic. I got lucky as the two cases I bought were not and those shoot like a hot damn. Gotta get the chrony out and do some testing.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've never paid any hazmat fee. Not from Midway, Cabela's, Gander, Ammoman, J&G Sales anyway.
True, Ammo has no hazmat fee. It is classified as ORM-D ( commodity), the only regulation states it must be shipped by ground, I use UPS ground, no additional fees are tacked on....and our US Post office does not allow ammo to be shipped, you gave two choices, Fed Ex ground or UPS ground....we burned up a couple of hundred rounds this last weekend, the Winchester 52 .22 Target rifle shooting 6 inch plates at 100' yards was fun, the Bren even more fun.....and Sports Academy had the bucket of 1400 for $70......not so lucky with the Brit .303, running about .50 a round for Greek HXP surplus...if you can find it....my son loves the Bren, recoil? No problem for a 9 year old willing and able.

Last edited:

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I hate to sound like a dick, and it's probably not my place to say anything.... But the young man shooting should probably have some eye protection on. I know the chances of anything happening are slim, but it just takes one time for something to go wrong and damage his eyes. Would never wish that on anyone, especially someone that age.

Peace out

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Is the Bren full auto....that must rock.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
image.jpeg
I hate to sound like a dick, and it's probably not my place to say anything.... But the young man shooting should probably have some eye protection on. I know the chances of anything happening are slim, but it just takes one time for something to go wrong and damage his eyes. Would never wish that on anyone, especially someone that age.

Peace out
You are absolutely correct. Thank You......humidity 96%, temp 96, safety glasses fogging up quickly....when we resume his "sniper"training in cooler weather , he will be wearing them.
Is the Bren full auto....that must rock.
No, just a boring semi. I will not break him in on full auto till he can nail a fly at 100 yards, andNovembers election results are in.....what can I say, like father, like son.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well this was fun. The Eleys that wouldn't shoot in my gun were subsonic. I got lucky as the two cases I bought were not and those shoot like a hot damn. Gotta get the chrony out and do some testing.
I have good things to say about Aguilla ammo, have no .22, but their .30 carbine ammo is good stuff...my M1 Carbine is my favorite car gun, and it does not spook the females , Or the kids, real girlie gun....a bayonet is icing on the cake, but none of the " girls" are buying into my bayonet training.

Last edited: