• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

30-Minute Drone Deliveries Coming Up: FedEx Scrambles to Catch Amazon

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
1559905687044.png

FedEx just announced deliveries 7 days a week. Amazon shoots for 30-minute drone deliveries.
The Wall Street Journal reports FedEx to Deliver Packages 7 Days a Week.
“Online shopping is seven days a week,” FedEx President and Chief Operating Officer Raj Subramaniam said in an interview. “So there is increasing demand from online shoppers and e-commerce shippers for seven-day service.”
The package giant, which only recently added Saturday ground deliveries, plans to offer seven-day residential delivery in the U.S. next year as it seeks to capture more of the e-commerce surge.​

Fast Moving Target
What's it all about? Competing with Amazon.
For two years, people could get many items overnight with Amazon Prime. The number of items available for overnight delivery has soared.
FedEx was forced to compete, but Amazon is a fast moving target.
30-Minute Drone Delivery Coming UP
Please consider Amazon’s Drone Delivery Program is “Taking Off”.
Today at Amazon’s MARS Conference (Machine Learning, Automation, Robotics, and Space) in Las Vegas, they unveiled their latest Prime Air drone design.
Amazon has been hard at work building fully electric drones that can fly up to 15 miles and deliver packages under five pounds to customers in less than 30 minutes.
And, with the help of their world-class fulfillment and delivery network, Amazon expects to scale Prime Air both quickly and efficiently, delivering packages via drone to customers within months.​
Drone Delivery

Latest Drone Features
  • Hybrid design can do vertical takeoffs and landings. It can also switch from vertical-mode to airplane mode, and back to vertical mode.
  • It can detect both stationary and moving objects as well automatically avoid power lines.
  • It is independently safe. It will not fly into a wall even if instructed to do so.
  • Sophisticated AI algorithms are trained to detect people and animals from above.
  • Solar power charged. Amazon's vision is to for 50% of all shipments to have net zero emissions by 2030.

Amazon, a Godsend
Every day I see Tweets by people railing against Amazon about pay, about taxes, about putting mom and pop out of business.
It's all good.
The ideal corporate tax rate is zero, so don't blame Amazon.
If Amazon puts mom and pop out of business, that's a good thing too.
Everyone will so get deliveries in hours instead of days. How is this not a good thing?
Standards of Living
Amazon improves standards of living. Competition in general does that as well.
Sorry mom and pop, campaigns to save the local bookstore make no economic sense.
Companies that cannot compete go under, no matter what the business.
We should all cheer Amazon.
US Innovation
Please notice what country produced Amazon, Google, Uber, Microsoft, etc., etc.
Despite serious economic flaws, the US is still the global technology leader.
Why?
EU rules and regulations are staggering. In the name of "fairness" the EU would break up Amazon, Google, and Microsoft.
China lags as well. Command economies that do not have strong property rights or allow freedom of expression will ever beat out large economies that do.
Forget About China
All this talk from Peter Schiff and other US detractors about the death of the dollar, hyperinflation, China overtaking the US, and the US losing the reserve currency is complete silliness.
Wake me up when China floats the yuan, allows freedom of speech, has strong property rights, and has the world's largest bond market.
Until then, US detractors need to stop the nonsense.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The year is 2030. What started out as a delivery system to drop off goods in 30 minutes morphed into a delivery system of explosives. If the drone was late by over 5 minutes, the buyer could either shoot it down or commandeer it for his personal use, per "article 23, subsection 11 of the Drone deliveries bylaws" set in place by Congress in 2021 after a few delivery mishaps. Goods being dropped at the wrong location, dropped on people, dropped on traffic, drones losing their power and falling everywhere. People were appalled and took matters into their own hands. The mentally gifted kids were attaching M80's to captured drones and resetting new destinations to teachers they didn't like or dropped paint on them. Which turned into dropping acid(not the LSD type) on said subjects. Then cameras were installed to record the deed to post on social media to garner larger audiences, which spawned what came to be known as the "Drone Wars!" Amazon even sponsored these people!

Of course the inevitable happened. Kids with the largest audiences were privately taken over by the black projects run by the governments and chaos was everywhere. As of today Amazon is the largest manufacturer and deliverer of weapons in the world. They shut down their products division years ago, since the majority of users were stealing their drones and using them for nefarious purposes, Amazon went full retard and closed those services and went into business of drones for the masses, and, (since they bought the congress and senate) got government approval to sell munitions and arm these drones. The advertisers of the Drone Wars show basically fund everything and Amazon has bigger profits because of it.

This will be my last broadcast. My family and team are in our underground bunker in New Zealand. We are funded by the " M&P Shops" otherwise known as Mom and Pop Shops or MAPS. We have developed a stealth drone to destroy the headquarters of Amazon and her affiliates. With the help of a mole team we now have all the coordinates to carry out our plan. Special thanks to Team Mueller for your 2 year mission investigation.
We will resurface after the demise and total destruction of Amazon and Team Google and Team Zuckerberg.
This is Team Main Street saying, see you in the malls. Now, let's end the Amazon Jungle!!

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I wonder if these drones are going to be limited to taking routes over public thoroughfares only? I can see insurance carriers telling them to do so in case if one their drones sputters out and crashes into private property. What is the recourse? Can you keep the drone for trespassing? Can you keep the cargo? Many states have laws on the books that you can keep unsolicited deliveries without having to return or pay. If your child or pet is injured by a landing drone whose fault is it for the damage to the child/pet or drone? Can homeowners designate specific places where the drones can only land?

From what I can tell there is a whole lot of legal issues that need to be ironed out.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Good Post with some really good situations that are very plausible and the lawyers will have another hey-day

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Does one have to be home, I mean, my walkway to the front door is covered, no way to get near the door, and that would make it easy for the thieves...unless DARPA has a hand in the design!

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I'm waiting for the hilarious pictures of drones stuck in trees, tangled in power lines, drowned in pools and drones leaving packages on peoples roofs. Better yet, pictures of packages suffering premature detachment and falling 30 or 40 feet. This stuff is going to write itself. All we need to do is sit back and enjoy.

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The FAA says you own the first 50 feet of airspace above your prop. Load up on shot shell for skeet practice. My neighbors only shop ZON and if one of those noisy things crosses my airspace it's gone.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
The FAA says you own the first 50 feet of airspace above your prop. Load up on shot shell for skeet practice. My neighbors only shop ZON and if one of those noisy things crosses my airspace it's gone.
Why even waste good bird shot on the drones? I bet you that the dark web will be publishing ways to hijack those drones so you can hold the drone and the cargo for ransom if you don't want to keep it.

Then again, they'll all be instantly outlawed the first time some want-to-be jihadi tries to use one for an "all-the-snack-bar" attack.

mayhem

Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Why even waste good bird shot on the drones? I bet you that the dark web will be publishing ways to hijack those drones so you can hold the drone and the cargo for ransom if you don't want to keep it.

Then again, they'll all be instantly outlawed the first time some want-to-be jihadi tries to use one for an "all-the-snack-bar" attack.
ZON isn't stupid. They will have trackers on those things, probably many, so they would track you down in a hurry.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
ZON isn't stupid. They will have trackers on those things, probably many, so they would track you down in a hurry.
They can track all they want. The laws in most states says that can keep unsolicited deliveries without having to pay for them. They'd have to prove you intentionally intercepted the delivery.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I think Amazon knows these ideas are bullshit and are just pushing them in order to get their opponents to waste their money on noted bullshit. Spending wisely on good projects is good, but if you can spend a little to cause your opponent to waste huge resources on a stupid/useless idea...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think Amazon knows these ideas are bullshit and are just pushing them in order to get their opponents to waste their money on noted bullshit. Spending wisely on good projects is good, but if you can spend a little to cause your opponent to waste huge resources on a stupid/useless idea...
the old 'reverse psychology' trick

I Like It!
Star Wars Program, anyone???
ussr no more...

mayhem

Silver Miner
Site Supporter
They can track all they want. The laws in most states says that can keep unsolicited deliveries without having to pay for them. They'd have to prove you intentionally intercepted the delivery.
I guess someone without morals would do just that because it's "The Law". That statement says a lot.