• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

50 ounce JM Bar

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Trying to help some friends and family in Texas. Looking to get around 2k for the 50 ounce JM bar. Shipping will be sent Priority. Payment methods accepted are Zelle, Venmo, BTC, ETH. Thanks for looking.
I can ship first to established members with extensive feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6858.jpg
    IMG_6858.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6859.jpg
    IMG_6859.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
What's a more reasonable amount to ask for?

P.S.
Should I sell my TESLA stock? Thanks!

i was keeping a eye on it due to i have several similar 50oz bars in both JM and Engelhard and wondered what it will bring ......i know they cost a lot on the buy side .......no clue what they will bring on the sell side ........i say get all you can for it i just dont know what that number should be .....obviously you can get spot out of it anytime from many people me included

all i know about Tesla is my son recently bought one and likes it

:beer:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I thought that was crazy, but here is an ebay sold listing that is in line with your asking price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-oz-JM-J...743088?hash=item2f4696ae70:g:P-gAAOSw8-5er4FL
Yep, somebody will pay that for what amounts (in my humble opinion) to a very expensive, shiny doorstop....but not sure anyone here would. What I dislike about these big ol bars is not the shiny metal part but the diminished liquidity (vs smaller units) that they have at sell time which is why I didn't buy them when they were cheap

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A LCS gives $27.70 an oz for silver rounds X 50=$1385...YMMV AND it's always a little less for quantity. Good luck.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Seller keeps roughly $1750. if I read bullion correctly.
  • 12.35% if total amount of the sale is $7,500 or less (calculated per item)
  • 7% if total amount of the sale is over $7,500 (calculated per item)

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

Im guessing if you add in payment fees it probably totals about %15???

if so i think a good starting price for sale of the bar would be ebay pricing less 15-20% due to the fact you get less market coverage on your own ??? if i were putting a price on my bars thats how i would logically approach a sale price

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Im guessing if you add in payment fees it probably totals about %15???

if so i think a good starting price for sale of the bar would be ebay pricing less 15-20% due to the fact you get less market coverage on your own ??? if i were putting a price on my bars thats how i would logically approach a sale price

Have sold everything under the sun on eBay and it averages almost spot on 15% After everything. That’s not including the returns or scammers.

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I might end up holding onto this bar for a little bit longer, from what I can tell there is a retail shortage going on, but not a shortage of 1000 oz bars from Comex, things might settle down and spot price might drop, or the opposite could happen. We just never know. I was able to sell some crypto to free up some fiat to help my family in Texas. Keep your fingers crossed that another artic cold front doesn't pass through again.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Have sold everything under the sun on eBay and it averages almost spot on 15% After everything. That’s not including the returns or scammers.
Its 12+ % for final value fee, but payment processing is 3%, so yep 15% it correct. Edit Also don't forget you have to pay commission / processing fees on the sales tax and shipping, good old e-bow.

Last edited:

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
And I once traded a 100 ounce bar for a 286 computer with hard drive, monitor, and keyboard. Go ahead and laugh. I have learned since then.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
And I once traded a 100 ounce bar for a 286 computer with hard drive, monitor, and keyboard. Go ahead and laugh. I have learned since then.
:dduck:.........it was probably a fair trade at the time.......i started a business once with several 100oz engelhards and part of the purchases was a woop woop 286 with a whoppin 70mb hard drive and a monochrome motitor......but ......that computer was part of the structure that made millions in returns and tens of thousands of OZ of silver ...........so its all in how you used it

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
I might end up holding onto this bar for a little bit longer, from what I can tell there is a retail shortage going on, but not a shortage of 1000 oz bars from Comex, things might settle down and spot price might drop, or the opposite could happen. We just never know. I was able to sell some crypto to free up some fiat to help my family in Texas. Keep your fingers crossed that another artic cold front doesn't pass through again.

I know even some preper types in texas that have had a lot to deal with keeping things going and keeping animals n all fed and watered ..........i think you probably know you can probably turn that bar over pretty quick here on the low end if you need to vs waiting for top dollar or dumping at a pawn shop etc...and sometimes quick is important.........probably going to be a lot of nice things show up at pawn shops in TX over this ...

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Its 12+ % for final value fee, but payment processing is 3%, so yep 15% it correct. Edit Also don't forget you have to pay commission / processing fees on the sales tax and shipping, good old e-bow.

its been a while since i bought pms on ebay....... are they charging tax on pms now???

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Reaction score
The 50 ouncer appears to be what I call a collector bar. Rare, harder to find, obscure weights, old manufacturer, unknown manufacturers, “ jewelers“ rough poured all bring big premiums, some 2x spot, I have even seen 3-7x spot on very early Engelhards, San Francisco old mints, etc. There is a market for them.
https://allengelhard.com/definitive-pages/ag-50oz-class/

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

My 2c -- HOLD that dang bar. Jeez. You could take a fargin loan from the banksters and still do better. The silver squeeze has not stopped squeezin'.

My 4c -- What happens when the real price of silver and the paper price of silver part ways? Will that bar's dollar value increase or decrease...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
For that price did it have the "Turbo" option?....oh so fast.

Hey! I wuz in on the design of that sucker. It was better than a gold lame loin cloth on Tonto.

Sure, it had a pull-start motor... and DOS 2.1

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
My 2c -- HOLD that dang bar. Jeez. You could take a fargin loan from the banksters and still do better. The silver squeeze has not stopped squeezin'.

My 4c -- What happens when the real price of silver and the paper price of silver part ways? Will that bar's dollar value increase or decrease...
I'm thinking of heeding that advice. I was able to sell some other stuff to help out the family. Truth be told, I really do like this bar! :-) Thank you for the wise advice.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Wonder how high the price of silver goes before collectables dont carry a markup, ive got loads of the 70s art bars that people pay crazy prices for.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of heeding that advice. I was able to sell some other stuff to help out the family. Truth be told, I really do like this bar! :-) Thank you for the wise advice.

dont fall in love with the bar as its just metal in a intresting form and that metal value will rise and fall with the markets and the purpose of holding metal is to be able to convert it to cash when you need it ........in todays market i sure wouldnt take less than $30oz for it and probably try to get $32-33 a oz for it ,$40 will require you find a collector type person