• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

95% Copper penny now worth 2.6 cents.

Wellsburg

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Been saving these for years. Have two completely full 5-gallon buckets plus some canvas bags.
We moved 300 miles back in November. Had to scoop the ones from the buckets into bank bags, lug them up from the basement, load them, haul them, then carry them to the new basement. My wife rolled her eyes a million times. Why do you keep all this stuff? Because I am nuts, that's why.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i keep melting mine and they all look like this...

1613830401599.png

what am i doing wrong?

is that tungsten?

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I chased this in 2006. Same price of copper.

I have a letter from the head attorney for the US Mint stating that the Treasury owns all of the coins, and the bearer is only entitled to the face value conveyed by the coin.

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I have a letter from the head attorney for the US Mint stating that the Treasury owns all of the coins, and the bearer is only entitled to the face value conveyed by the coin.
i've posted this before...

which also means:
If it says United States of America on it, it ain't yours

you just validated it for me, Thanks

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Copper demand pushes copper to near record highs!!! Meanwhile...

1613838719073.png

...even after a huge run up from last year's lows in silver spot "price", unprecedented demand, and 4 years of falling supply...paper silver remains at a bit over half its own all time high in nominal dollar terms. Sum Ding Wong here...

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
1613839243467.png

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
it maybe time to break out all those nickles i've been hoarding saving

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i love this ...

"gold price is falling, here's why and where Precious Metals are going"

if all of 'their information' was anywhere near being correct, there would be no reason to broadcast any of it, all they would have to do is execute their knowledge and they'd 'own it all'

LOL

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
One of the benefits of being an HVAC guy. Weekly copper haul.

View attachment 202397
Nice. If/when that stuff is measured in ounces troy vs pounds you'll be an insanely wealthy man! Same/same for residential/commercial electrical contractors, which I used to be. ZOMG, the stacks of beautiful copper wire just tossed out...

Meanwhile, as usual, Dr. copper is offering a diagnosis of the world economic system...and that diagnosis is TERMINAL.

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

The refiners melt junk 90% Ag, what the attorney wrote makes more sense if its for circulating currency or coins. The day that the penny and nickel are no longer considered circulating currency into the melt bucket they go.

Here is an article that explains it :

https://www.silverdoctors.com/silve...0-constitutional-junk-silver-is-mind-blowing/

Last edited:

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

They need to realize that that’s a very enticing reason to melt!

R.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
1983 and later are zinc with copper plate. Zinc has a lower melting temperature than copper.
Not all 1982 pennies are copper, zinc's were made in 82 also, the only way to tell them apart is by weight. 82 copper 3.11 grams, 82 zinc's 2.5 grams.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You can also drop them on a table. Money makes a pleasing sound...and crap posing as money...in this case zinc sounds like plastic. I sorted so many back in the day, and many are hard to read dates anyway, I took to just dropping them and listening...much like pre-1964 silver vs clad crap. Totally different sound.

There are also little sorting gadgets. Basically the feeder to a slot machine that detects the copper pretty reliably. I used to have one back in the day...I believe I got it off fleabay.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Aww geez! Not another freekin' hole- and a BIG one.

Been waiting a long time for this run-up. And I'm ready!
Cu is the King of Mining.

I've been culling my pocket change for years, and I always keep a few post '82 pennies for the "Take a penny Leave a Penny" dish at the gas station.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Copper is now over $4.00 a pound, highest in over 10 years.

From coinflation.com:

1909-1982 Cent (95% copper)
$0.01
$0.0262971
262.97%

If this keeps up, copper will soon be a "precious metal." :D
I've "prospected' pre '82s for a long time now. I got tired of Ring Testing '82 since about half were clad. So I spend them back out for Newbies to find and sort out.
Got an '81 from the U-Scan today.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
$15,000

It's true — there's a rare 1983 copper penny (specifically, a 1983-D penny) that's worth $15,000. It's a coin that many numismatic experts (those who study coins) still don't fully understand — because it's unlike any other copper penny the United States Mint has ever made.
How many were made, no one knows...

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
$15,000

It's true — there's a rare 1983 copper penny (specifically, a 1983-D penny) that's worth $15,000. It's a coin that many numismatic experts (those who study coins) still don't fully understand — because it's unlike any other copper penny the United States Mint has ever made.
How many were made, no one knows...
there's a true sense of 'valuation'

a lone unique misunderstood cent and it's value is $15k

that's cheap...

till it's slabbed by PCGS, then it's worth half a million...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
i love this ...

"gold price is falling, here's why and where Precious Metals are going"

if all of 'their information' was anywhere near being correct, there would be no reason to broadcast any of it, all they would have to do is execute their knowledge and they'd 'own it all'

LOL
What you are seeing, is complete, devastating, appalling, economic ignorance.

I mean, this is basic first-week stuff! Prices are how scarcity and demand are balanced! Shortage of silver; price goes up. No shortage of copper, price remains the same or slowly drops.

But people talk of these PM prices as if they're mysterious forces, or controlled by someone just issuing a command (they are manipulated, and the command is, **SELL DERIVATIVES** ...but that's another issue).

But, to the point...this economic illiteracy is how we get to $15 MinWage idiocy; how we get to the idea of Endless Stimulus, of UBI and MMT and CTL P.

Oh, and crypto-tokens. Nothing says Clueless better than THAT...

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
yep

simply put:
the dog and pony show allows for graft and corruption to occur

and it has been for a long time

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
yep

simply put:
the dog and pony show allows for graft and corruption to occur

and it has been for a long time
Notice how they've confabulated the terms, that once were used in economics.

Like, "inflation." Which has nothing to do with rising prices. You have a crop failure, the price of foodstuffs goes up.

Nothing to do with money printing, which is what Inflation (inflating the currency) truly is.

Prices rise DUE TO inflation (of the currency) but they can rise for dozens of other reasons.

But when you deliberately confuse rising prices, with inflating the currency...and insist that even though the money in circluation is doubled, there's no inflation because prices aren't rising (because consumers are scared to death of this madness and are only buying essentials)...

THEN it becomes a big, murky mystery.

Which is what they want.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Notice how they've confabulated the terms, that once were used in economics.

Like, "inflation." Which has nothing to do with rising prices. You have a crop failure, the price of foodstuffs goes up.

Nothing to do with money printing, which is what Inflation (inflating the currency) truly is.

Prices rise DUE TO inflation (of the currency) but they can rise for dozens of other reasons.

But when you deliberately confuse rising prices, with inflating the currency...and insist that even though the money in circluation is doubled, there's no inflation because prices aren't rising (because consumers are scared to death of this madness and are only buying essentials)...

THEN it becomes a big, murky mystery.

Which is what they want.
And on top of all that, TPTB want everyone to believe that inflation creates economic growth and deflation creates recession.

And that 2% annual inflation, a compounded 50% devaluation of the currency over only 22 years, is good for you. Please sir, may I have another!

Ron Paul is STILL right: End the farkin' Fed!

ronpaulendthefed-twitter2.jpg

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
like drivin' nails gentlemen

:summer:

we should do fine, just a hunch
:winks2:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
And on top of all that, TPTB want everyone to believe that inflation creates economic growth and deflation creates recession.

And that 2% annual inflation, a compounded 50% devaluation of the currency over only 22 years, is good for you. Please sir, may I have another!

Ron Paul is STILL right: End the farkin' Fed!

View attachment 202498
Ron Paul is just one Austrian School voice.

There are others. Some will be more effective. I can't picture anyone LESS effective that Ron, who with almost 40 years in Congress, seemed to make not a dent in direction, or help forward, sponsored legislation.

Half of the work of politics is persuasion - that committee chairs, and legislative bodies, should support desired legislation, or block other proposals.

The proof of the pudding is the tasting; and we have many decades to weigh Paul's ability and potential.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Ron Paul is just one Austrian School voice.

There are others. Some will be more effective. I can't picture anyone LESS effective that Ron, who with almost 40 years in Congress, seemed to make not a dent in direction, or help forward, sponsored legislation.

Half of the work of politics is persuasion - that committee chairs, and legislative bodies, should support desired legislation, or block other proposals.

The proof of the pudding is the tasting; and we have many decades to weigh Paul's ability and potential.
I have met Dr. Paul in person and he is just not the in-your-face-aggressive type personality. But I don't think there's another Austrian advocate in the US with a higher public profile than him. Maybe Rand.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
RP is also one of the Blame-America-First history-revisionists. WE of course invited Moslem terrorism - never mind that they've been killing their neighbors and each other since Mohammed himself. WE did it. Gee...the alphabet nooze liars say the same thing.

When you get past Paul's (stated) economic principles, he's indistinguishable from any other Global-Citizen Democrat, who finds America all that's wrong with the world.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
RP is also one of the Blame-America-First history-revisionists. WE of course invited Moslem terrorism - never mind that they've been killing their neighbors and each other since Mohammed himself. WE did it. Gee...the alphabet nooze liars say the same thing.

When you get past Paul's (stated) economic principles, he's indistinguishable from any other Global-Citizen Democrat, who finds America all that's wrong with the world.
"We" did do it, in 1952. The CIA staged a coup to overthrow the duly elected leader of Iran. Persians and Arabs have very long memories. It's called blowback.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
"We" did do it, in 1952. The CIA staged a coup to overthrow the duly elected leader of Iran. Persians and Arabs have very long memories. It's called blowback.
Shall we recount what the (Moslem) Barbary Pirates were up to?...In Jefferson's time.

Or we could recount how they conquered Gaul, forced conversions at the blade of scimitars; and tried to repeat it in Iberia. Didn't go so well for them; that was as far as they got.

Their whole history has been bloodshed, enslavement and forced theocracy.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Shall we recount what the (Moslem) Barbary Pirates were up to?...In Jefferson's time.

Or we could recount how they conquered Gaul, forced conversions at the blade of scimitars; and tried to repeat it in Iberia. Didn't go so well for them; that was as far as they got.

Their whole history has been bloodshed, enslavement and forced theocracy.
Holy crappers Batman, that sounds like all of mankind at one time or another, you don't want to worship my God...you die.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
be me - 10 yr old kid with allowance money shopping for coins at K-MART

looking for the oldest of the pennies in the mechanized rotating display cabinet

the oldest pennies are both 1909 - one is a 50 cents or something, the other double that. i bought the cheap one

30 years later learn why the expensive penny was priced higher - the vdb

mastermind confirmed - and still holding that wrong 1909 - not giving up

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Holy crappers Batman, that sounds like all of mankind at one time or another, you don't want to worship my God...you die.
I dunno.

How many of the world's religions have a tenet: "KILL THE INFIDEL"...

Not many. Probably none that ever left the Stone Age, except for this one.

Yes, a lot of bloodletting has been done. Never on the orders of some god or higher being who advocated bloodshed for its own sake...you have to go to Aztec human sacrifice to get as bloodthirsty and backwards as that.