• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

A GIM Geography test

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Folks please examine this pic from the Government

What is wrong with this pic?

What is wrong is not necessarily a bad thing for some of us.

Attachments

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Where is Michigan's upper peninsula?

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Where is Michigan's upper peninsula?
Did Canada annex the UP? I'm no longer Amerikan. o' Canada my home and native land...
Right you are gentleman :bear_thumb:

You would be amazed how often this happens ( & its not such a bad thing for a great place to live )

Sadly it was later corrected when a Rep from up here told them of their FU

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

WhyKnow

Thnk Tank
Gold Chaser
Many folks only ship to the "continental US" and they think that doesn't include Alaska. If Alaska was cut in half, Texas would be the third largest state. What is the UP, lol?

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
When Irons left, he took it with him.

:signs8::confused_ma::s13:
Hey Brother phideaux he didnt inform ............MEEEEeeeeeeeee......LOL & I live here :s9:

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
The You-Pee sure is pretty.

Many folks only ship to the "continental US" and they think that doesn't include Alaska. If Alaska was cut in half, Texas would be the third largest state. What is the UP, lol?
Surrounded on three sides by lots and lots of fresh water, 3 of the world's 4 largest fresh water lakes. :)

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
:508: :cheerful: HEY! Prime edited his post after he saw mine.

Irons was from the Grand Rapids area not a Yooper. ;) GR is basically Flint with jobs.

WhyKnow

Thnk Tank
Gold Chaser
The You-Pee sure is pretty.

Surrounded on three sides by lots and lots of fresh water, 3 of the world's 4 largest fresh water lakes. :)

That is gorgeous! I was joking about lack of geography knowledge--although I think the phrase "UP" was cemented in my mind here on GIM.

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A few pic's from my neck of the woods.....:bear_thumb:

Attachments

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
A trip to Pictured Rocks will cleanse the soul. PR is Michigans ATB selection.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
GR, awesome pictures!!!

That is gorgeous! I was joking about lack of geography knowledge--although I think the phrase "UP" was cemented in my mind here on GIM.
I know. I was just messing with you back. UP has nothing compared to AK in many ways. But northern MI + UP are special in their own way. I would love to spend some extended time exploring AK one day.

Argentium

Midas Member
Midas Member
Damn near Paradise (in the Summer)! I'm going to be there for a week in July, mebbe Superior will have its ice melted by then!

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Folks If ya want to see a lot more pic's click on da linkie

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mqt/

then scroll down to Upper Peninsula Photo Gallery & click on the links below it

tons of cool Pic's of the UP :bear_thumb:

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Damn near Paradise (in the Summer)! I'm going to be there for a week in July, mebbe Superior will have its ice melted by then!
It .....might be but it will still be colder than a well diggers A$$.....:bear_thumb:

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Still snowing up there? Lol
Brother Ahillock.......check out Sunday.....:bear_thumb:

OBTW i can still make a snowman where ever I want to ......:bear_thumb:

[h=1]Detailed Forecast[/h]
  • This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 47. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

• Tonight A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Areas of fog after 2am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 35. East wind around 5 mph becoming south after midnight.

• Saturday A 50 percent chance of rain. Areas of fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 51. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.

• Saturday Night A slight chance of rain before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Isle Royal is a wonderful experience, I haven't been in probably 20+ years though. I used to go there and hunt greenstone decades ago but I'm sure thats a felony these days. I usually don't get west of Grand Marais much anymore, my territory goes east from there to Drummond Island.

The late great "Can Man" made us all famous in Paradise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentium

Midas Member
Midas Member
It .....might be but it will still be colder than a well diggers A$$.....:bear_thumb:
u

Yah, I suppose this summer probably isn't the best to go to the UP, but it's been way too long since we were there! Even with Superior more chilled than usual, it still sounds better than the other options. I'm sure it's going to be a cool, short summer up there. I haven't got our itinerary set yet. Usually we start in the West side and work our way East and up through the Keewanaw, back down, maybe rent a cabin on Lake Gogebic for a couple days, who knows?

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Medicaid is free but not to taxpayers, for us it is not affordable.
It's a raw deal for the poor bastards that find themselves in the position of being robbed of their traditional insurance b/c their plan or employer canceled due to Obamacare provisions and due to their income level in their state their only option through the exchange is Medicaid. The problem with Medicaid is that many docs & hospitals will not accept it because of the nature of dealing with .gov reimbursement levels, red tape and paperwork. In my area, in a MSA of around a million, there is only one dentist and a handful of docs that accept Medicaid. So how does that work if ~30% of the population is forced into it? Thankfully my state said no thanks to the expansion for both the taxpayers as well as the enrollees.

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Took me a few minutes to find this classic thread, but for those who have never seen it check out the "Pure Michigan" youtube clips as they are well-worth it even if you've never visited the state:

Pure Michigan thread

Gold Rules

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hello GOLD RULES.... you're in the Western UP... AAAAAAA ????????
Nope smack in Da middle..........between escanaba - marquette & munising each is 40 miles away

near where they have the out house races in February