• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

A guy tried to rob me last week...thank goodness I had a gun!

Nickelless

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox
Midas Member

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Wow, so happy you're OK.
As I've said before & you've reiterated, go NOWHERE unarmed.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I can't say much beyond what has been printed in the news here so far because a criminal investigation is ongoing, but a guy tried to rob me last Monday. It didn't end well for him. If you only carry a concealed weapon part of the time, you'd better hope nothing happens while you're unarmed. Here was the local story:

https://www.tribstar.com/news/polic...3nyl-PIDr1gj9c94xAcASsPakCoIitEESC1xJH1gpVjus
Nick - Can't give you a hundred Likes, so I'll just add my hat tip to you.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Glad you are all right & hope the aftermath is smooth sailing.
Bet you didn't need any espresso for a while after that.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Works for me...

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Officer Ryan Adamson said the suspect exited the 1st Choice cab and then pulled a gun on the cab driver, intending to rob the man. The cab driver, however, pulled out a firearm and shot the suspect, who then ran off.

Nick, sure glad it turned out OK !!!

:2 thumbs up::robber::tex::beer:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Bummer, no one to pay for the clean up in the back seat, which i'm sure was taken care of immediately because no one wants to sit in someone else's blood

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The suspect was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
It would appear that Clint Eastwood you are not...

Just kidding...

Glad you are ok...

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
hahah no not laughing, just being devious...hey...IT'S my nature...k?

We can help but not with your already happened drama of life....what we could do is spike that comment section. Just say'n...

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Glad you did not become a victim, and that youre ok. I seriously hope the aftermath goes well for you as it should.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Tell us about the gun & how you conceal it.
Thanks.
Nick said it’s an on going investigation and he may not be able to give us any details...

Like what caliber and how close was the perp when the shooting happened...

Stuff like that I imagine...

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Dang, dude - that was quick thinking and thank God you are alright. Let us know how things go. If you get sued, set up a GoFund me and I'll contribute.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This may be a good time to remind folks of the Armed Citizens Defense Network:
https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/en/

A couple years ago, I found about them and joined. Basically, if you are a member and are in any serious self-defense situation, they will UP FRONT get you a lawyer (if you don't have one), pay the retainer, and help with immediate bail. Then they will pay your legal expenses and provide expert witnesses to support you.

There are 17,000 members and $2 million defense fund. Membership costs $95/year with an extra $40 the first year (probably to offset the costs of the educational DVDs they send.)

There are "insurance" plans that pay out after a trial, but this organization pays and supports from day one. My membership card has the 24/7 emergency phone number.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Many lawyers say "don't talk to the police" but clearly, in this case, you did talk to them. and it worked out well. I am glad to hear that you are well.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"I can't say much beyond what has been printed in the news here so far because a criminal investigation is ongoing..."
Crime victims cannot talk about the crime?
I did not realize that.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Many lawyers say "don't talk to the police" but clearly, in this case, you did talk to them. and it worked out well. I am glad to hear that you are well.
The advice from the organization I mentioned above is to state that you were attacked (or threatened) and you had to defend yourself. Show them any relevant data, if any. Tell them why you had to use force; the attacker(s) left you no other option. Since you used deadly force, your only legal position is that it was necessary for self-defense. Getting the cops on your side will help a lot. Clamming up will NOT help.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Excellent!
And, contrary to what most lawyers seem to say, and, Officer Massad Ayoob..
This is what George Zimmerman did, and, it worked out well for him...I think if he had "clammed up" it might have not gone so well for him...
Great post.

The advice from the organization I mentioned above is to state that you were attacked (or threatened) and you had to defend yourself. Show them any relevant data, if any. Tell them why you had to use force; the attacker(s) left you no other option. Since you used deadly force, your only legal position is that it was necessary for self-defense. Getting the cops on your side will help a lot. Clamming up will NOT help.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Like I usually say, it's not the caliber that matters ... it's the carry.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That's what all lawyers say to do if you are busted with weed, dwi, etc. - don't admit to anything, don't get into any conversations. Only talk with an attorney present. That's how you win in court.

I was on a jury for dwi and the defendant refused a breathalyzer, didn't talk, and ended up 'winning' in court.