• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A guy tried to rob me last week...thank goodness I had a gun!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Repeat after me, 2 to the chest, one to the head......

Treetop

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
If you only carry a concealed weapon part of the time, you'd better hope nothing happens while you're unarmed.

Nick, there is an old saying that agrees with you!

"Carry 24x7 or guess right..."

Glad that you're uninjured and as a concealed handgun carrier myself, I would love to hear your story when you can safely tell it. Semper Fi, Treetop

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Crime victims cannot talk about the crime?

That remains to be 'proven' in court. Which is why he can't talk about it.

Say 'one thing' wrong on social media and you now become the perp... they'll twist your words to mean what they say they mean.

After the trial, you can say whatever you like.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I can't say much beyond what has been printed in the news here so far because a criminal investigation is ongoing, but a guy tried to rob me last Monday. It didn't end well for him. If you only carry a concealed weapon part of the time, you'd better hope nothing happens while you're unarmed. Here was the local story:

https://www.tribstar.com/news/polic...3nyl-PIDr1gj9c94xAcASsPakCoIitEESC1xJH1gpVjus

Here's what the link gives me:

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact webeditor@tribstar.com or call 812-231-4200.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
better not be talk'n bout me

WTF?

Glad you are OK Nickeless.

I noticed in one of the photos that the passenger side window was shattered, so I will assume that it was 9mm fired from within the car.

Looking forward to a future discussion with your input.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"The judge set Young's trial date for Nov. 18."

That's considered 'speedy trial'?

$75K.... bailbondsman wants 10% no?

Perp can't come up with $7500??

6 mos watching a concrete wall...

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Maybe there is a lot of crime to run through the courts. Maybe there are even bigger crimes that have priority. But armed robbery is pretty high.
Maybe armed robbery and the perp's "situation" added up to the bondsman giving this one a pass.
Maybe he is new at armed robbery. Maybe he is not plugged in to the crime system.
Or maybe a lot more. It could be a good introduction to his future.

Nickelless

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox
Midas Member
Reaction score

Possession of a handgun by anyone under 18 is a violation of federal law, not to mention state charges, so I'm guessing fact-finding and other factors may take a while.

Nickelless

Midas Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, since it's been a while...the kid's trial is still scheduled for Nov. 18. He's been in jail since the day of the attempted robbery on $75,000 bond, no 10 percent. Still not sure if I will have to testify. If I don't have to be there, I doubt I will go. I'd rather be out driving and making money. That, and it will also be my birthday.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Repeat after me, 2 to the chest, one to the head......
Or 3 shots to the groin area. Take out a huge vein & they bleed out like a stuck pig. Also, they get to watch as they die.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Or 3 shots to the groin area. Take out a huge vein & they bleed out like a stuck pig. Also, they get to watch as they die.
Holy hell, you’re a mean one, T!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Don't "mess" with someone that is too old to fight ! :hunt::tex:
I’m with ya there. There’s that saying, something about being too old to take a beating, therefore, I’ll just shoot yer a**!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
In some places there's a fine line between self defense and murder. Shoot once and claim self defense, 2-3 times and manslaughter or murder charges can come into play. Not my rules for sure, just how some localities like to play.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
In some places there's a fine line between self defense and murder. Shoot once and claim self defense, 2-3 times and manslaughter or murder charges can come into play. Not my rules for sure, just how some localities like to play.
As long as it is legal to shoot in self defense, all ya gotta do is say he wouldn't stop and were forced to shoot him again. Didn't want to, but had no choice. It was either him or me.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

BUT the fucking cops can unload 3 magazines into someone & scream "he had a gun & I was afraid". AND sometimes that is into their backs !
Cops are trained in self defense & how to evaluate a situation, BUT, us poor untrained, sons - a - bitches, are held to a HIGHER STANDARD !
Will someone PLEASE explain that one to me ? :angry then happy::make happy::rage 1

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
BUT the fucking cops can unload 3 magazines into someone & scream "he had a gun & I was afraid". AND sometimes that is into their backs !
Cops are trained in self defense & how to evaluate a situation, BUT, us poor untrained, sons - a - bitches, are held to a HIGHER STANDARD !
Will someone PLEASE explain that one to me ? :angry then happy::make happy::rage 1
I wish I could explain it. Cops also do no have to make a statement for 3 days so they can gather their thoughts after a shooting yet you and I are not given the same respect.

Nickelless

Midas Member
Reaction score
Bingo. You don't shoot with the intent to kill, you shoot with the intent to stop the threat. Continuing to shoot after the threat has effectively ended is how you go from self-defense to manslaughter or murder.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo. You don't shoot with the intent to kill, you shoot with the intent to stop the threat.
In my State, it's just the opposite. You don't shoot unless you mean to kill. The use of a gun is considered deadly force and deadly force has its own set of criteria beyond that required for using ordinary force. Ie: hands or other non deadly weapons. Basicily, you must be in fear for your own life prior to deadly force being used. If you shoot to wound, you'll find yourself going to jail.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bingo. You don't shoot with the intent to kill, you shoot with the intent to stop the threat. Continuing to shoot after the threat has effectively ended is how you go from self-defense to manslaughter or murder.

So, are we then to be doctors, pathologist, coroners, or range master ?
How are we to know that only one bullet stopped them, or when to know when to stop shooting ?
Wounding a a "deadly threat" may well allow them to still get off a round or two. Into YOU !!

I like the story of an elderly lady that shot an intruder 5 times (I might not get this perfect, but you should get the point) & when the police asked why she shot him 5 times, she said, "I only had 5 bullets".

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You don't shoot unless you mean to kill

Growing up & being taught how to handle a rifle (J,.C. Higgins 22 LR), by my father, he said to me on a couple of occasions "son, never point a gun at anyone, unless you intend to kill them". I honor those words to this day. :oriental:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

You are sincere, bro, but you have it flat backward. Honest: From the mouth of an LEO giving a CCW class:

"If you are in a situation where you have to fire, fire all the rounds in your weapon."

He explained the LEGAL BASIS** for this action: It denotes you were afraid for your life, and therefore just fired until empty.

**LEGAL BASIS -- This has been tested in court.

Moreover: If I carry -- and I do -- I do it with the knowledge that there is no existential difference to me between my handgun and a grenade. Don't make me pull the pin and flip the spoon... 'cause it don't go back in.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
That opinion I posted was from that chick cop in Dallas who killed the dude in his apartment. One of the deciding factors in murder versus the self defense thing was the number of shots fired. Is that because she was a cop? Is that a Texas thing? No idea. I'm with the rest of y'all though, if there's a threat headed my way I am stopping it.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Want to know the difference between the Terra Haute Trib Star and Breitbart??

The Trib Star doesn't like users with VPN (don't know who I am and can't sell my meta data to Google.

Breitbart? They don't care who I am. They just post the story up so I could read it with out 'joining' the TRIB STAR website and pay them money.

F the TRIBSTAR and anyone else who thinks my meta data is up for grabs to be sold by every one TO every one. F all of them.

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Glad you came out of this incident good Nickelless, nevermind all these Monday morning quarter backs telling you how to shoot, carry-on. Pun intended.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Hey. I ain't no quarterback. I be da Coach. And Foolsgold, you lissen to yer ancient Unca: Take the perp down all the way.

Always. War OR Peace. No variants... unless it is like the hilarious Evil Roy Slade comedy where he is sitting there in his hideout and one of the cowboys shouts to him:

"Someone's coming!"

Evil Roy (immediately): KILL HIM!

"It's a woman!"

Evil Roy (immediately): WOUND HER!

Cigarlover -- Good point about the chick. There's a shitload of Shibboleths that lady cop mis-pronounced.

1. She was a cop. They know better because they are given parameters and training.

2. She was breaking into someone else's abode. Whether she was drunk, on drugs, or just so fucking stoopid that she did not know what floor she was on, nor the number of her own apartment... it is simply too big a stretch for ANYBODY to have any quantum of "legal excuse" to fuck up that badly -- by not recognizing furniture, etc. and yet recognizing a human in the abode and responding with lethal force. KILL HIM! <- Nah. That dawg won't hunt.

3. Bitch KNEW the guy. Sorta stops everyone in his tracks, donnit? Blows everything else out for importance. NFW.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Why waste 2 extra bullets when 1 would do. Hit that femoral and it's curtains...

Just curious if the perp has healed from his learning experience?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It would appear that Clint Eastwood you are not...
Just kidding...
Glad you are ok...

When you are at the wrong end of a gun being Dead-eye Dick or Annie Oakley is the last thing on your mind.
His shot done what all defensive fire fights want, end the aggression.

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Oh Brother...
(( In my best Penny Wharvey voice )) Nickelless. He's got prospects. He's bonafide.
Its called "Street Cred".

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You shoot to stop the attack, not to kill. If they are killed as a result of attacking you, that's how the cards fall.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
You Silver will shoot to stop the attack, not to kill. If they are killed as a result of attacking you, that's how the cards fall because the rest of us will shoot center mass until the perp is dead.

FIFY :hunt:;)