• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A judge told a 72-year-old man who has cancer that he 'should be ashamed' of himself after he said he was too weak to keep up with his lawn

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

A judge told a 72-year-old man who has cancer that he 'should be ashamed' of himself after he said he was too weak to keep up with his lawn​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-told-72-old-man-014113290.html

• Burhan Chowdhury, of Hamtramck, Michigan, told a judge he had been too weak to clean up his yard.
  • Judge Alexis G. Krot said he should be ashamed and that she would give him jail time if she could.
  • Chowdhury's son said he usually helps his dad with the yard but he was out of the country.
A Michigan judge berated a 72-year-old man on Monday after he told her he had failed to keep up with the maintenance of his yard because his cancer treatments made him very weak.

In a video of the exchange, Burhan Chowdhury, of Hamtramck, Michigan, can be heard struggling to breathe as he explained his situation to 31st District Judge Alexis G. Krot.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," Krot could be heard saying in the video. "If I could give you jail time on this, I would."

She then issued him a $100 fine, adding: "You've got to get that cleaned up. That is totally inappropriate."

The man's son, Shibbir Chowdhury, 33, who appeared with his father for the Zoom hearing, spoke up to clarify that his father was sick and that the property had already been cleaned up.

"Do you see that photo?" Krot asked. "That is shameful. Shameful. The neighbors should not have to look at that."

Shibbir Chowdhury told The Washington Post that his father was diagnosed with lymph node cancer in 2019. He said he usually helps keep up the yard for his parents, but he was out of the country in Bangladesh for three months last year.

He said the weeds grew out around his parents' house while he was gone. When he returned, his father told him they had received a ticket for noxious weeds and vegetation. Shibbir Chowdhury said he was shocked by the judge's reaction to the situation.

"She was telling my father, a sick person, that he should go to jail. That's ridiculous," he told The Post. "You can't give a 72-year-old person jail time for not cleaning an alley."

"I was really shocked by it. I didn't expect her to yell at us in this kind of a situation," he added.

Shibbir Chowdhury said he is going to pay his father's fine and has received a lot of support from other people online and in their community.

"People understand that a situation like this can happen with someone who is old or sick," he said.

Court records viewed by Insider showed the fine was paid on Wednesday.

Krot was appointed by then-Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder in August 2016 and elected in November 2018. As a judge, she is unable to comment on the case, WDIV reported.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Placing women in power was a mistake. Men are bad enough at it without adding another toxic element to the mix!

Hell hath no fury like a women scorned!! Nobody needs that!

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That “judge” should be taken out back and severely beaten for her complete lack of compassion for a sick, tired old man, till the blood flows out of her stupid face and head.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what happened to judiciary oversight?

(oh right, we had the Obamas and Clintons and the Bushes...and now the Retard)

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can hire that job done, why not pay someone, cheaper that the fine...
1642090695154.png

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
doesn't that community have any Volunteers?

not a single one?

ppfffttttt.........

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Sure seems to me that the idiot judge seemed to think it was still unkempt, but from this portion of the article it appears the son came back home and took care of it, and the judge seems to think it still looks like it did in the photo.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," Krot could be heard saying in the video. "If I could give you jail time on this, I would."

She then issued him a $100 fine, adding: "You've got to get that cleaned up. That is totally inappropriate."

The man's son, Shibbir Chowdhury, 33, who appeared with his father for the Zoom hearing, spoke up to clarify that his father was sick and that the property had already been cleaned up.

"Do you see that photo?" Krot asked. "That is shameful. Shameful. The neighbors should not have to look at that."

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Women in power was a mistake. Men are bad enough at it without adding another toxic element to the mix!

Sad to say but true. No matriarchal societies ever seem to last long (Yes! There are a few tribal exceptions but their populations are in the hundreds. Any higher, they implode.)

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Sometimes you can see where America has no soul. This is a good example. I would have just told him if he can’t do it then he needs to find help and gave him a deadline.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I have found that I care even less about others yards now than before I read this thread

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Placing women in power was a mistake. Men are bad enough at it without adding another toxic element to the mix!

Who'd a thunk it? The sexes are different.

MEN have no place as primary child-car givers. Witness, Epstein, Jeffrey; and Biden, Hunter. There's a large proportion of men that will try to screw anything female, even if eight years old or younger.

WOMEN do not handle power well. Of course there's exceptions, as there is to the other, above; but there's a far-greater likelihood of issues. Of these crazed state governors and mayors...a disproportionate number seem to be female.

We are going to have to re-learn some inconvenient truths.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Find the complainers guilty of "disturbing the peace" and sentence them to ten hours of community service... Cleaning up his yard.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Find the complainers guilty of "disturbing the peace" and sentence them to ten hours of community service... Cleaning up his yard.

isnt this being a social justice warrior?

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Shit happens. The old man most likely didn't even think about the fucking alley while he was dealing with dying. The son came back from overseas and cleaned it up. The only disgraceful thing I see is the cunt of a judge. Fuck her.

When I was stationed at Fort Ord, I had to pull Brigade Staff Duty. One of those duties during the 24 hr shift was to do a check of a couple of housing areas, one was lower enlisted, one was higher enlisted. Who do you think had the time (or the money to pay someone to do it for them)? Pretty obvious. So I would take those fucking tickets and write up a few senior enlisted for minor infractions. Never wrote a ticket in the lower enlisted area. I would laugh the next day when I drove by the quarters I wrote tickets for and see some Sergeant Major frantically edging his sidewalk or whatever. Made the 24 hr. duty worth it.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
isnt this being a social justice warrior?
Thanks for that.

Actually, the best thing of course would have been for a human being to investigate the situation, find out what is going on.
At that time, take appropriate action. Maybe arrange for a service come in one time to clean it up or whatever, if the old man doesn't get it.
But that would take thinking and compassion. Too much.