• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

A local report

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Words on the street now.
Unfortunately everything was washed away in a flash flood that took my house, my PMs and all my preps. Sigh. Now I am living in my car.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Unfortunately everything was washed away in a flash flood that took my house, my PMs and all my preps. Sigh. Now I am living in my car.
The car with the TP tail hanging out the trunk ? Is that you Merlin ?

ctrl-z

Seeker
Seeker
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I enjoyed that but found it interesting, there were no 'animal interactions' across species at that log; a bear never met a lion never met a coon never met a mouse.....but several stopped to eat a fish

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just talked to BIL in stay at home Illinois, anyone notice the shut down states are run by prog'soc/comm's.
Anyway, he just drove past a gun shop in Marengo IL & he said there was a line out the door & was about 100 yds long.
Things are gonna really get stupid.
Watch your six, head on a swivel, have too much ammo with you at all times.
Well, somebody is still in a profitable bidness! :beer::fire::hunt:

What the hell could a gun shop have that could supply a 100 yards-long line of shoppers? They'd have to have a couple of 18-wheelers in the back full of ammo. But guns? The shop owners would also have to have mortgaged everything to get enough firearms in stock to handle a fifth of that. :don't know:

It wouldn't take a rocket surgeon (who had his guns and ammo stocked already) to go in and buy an AK-47 and a case of ammo, take it to the back of the line and offer it for... oh, triple the price.

Couldn't lose.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well, somebody is still in a profitable bidness! :beer::fire::hunt:

What the hell could a gun shop have that could supply a 100 yards-long line of shoppers? They'd have to have a couple of 18-wheelers in the back full of ammo. But guns? The shop owners would also have to have mortgaged everything to get enough firearms in stock to handle a fifth of that. :don't know:

It wouldn't take a rocket surgeon (who had his guns and ammo stocked already) to go in and buy an AK-47 and a case of ammo, take it to the back of the line and offer it for... oh, triple the price.

Couldn't lose.
Supposedly they had 8-10 skids of ammo & had low limits on purchases & they were only letting a few buyers in at at time.
Couple that with gun sales & Illinois shutting down, people go nuts.
4 people in the store at a time, other customers stay outside 6' apart.

https://www.facebook.com/marengoguns/

Last edited:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I have fond memories baking little pies in that folding apparatus that you used to cook over a campfire... Let me see if I can find one...
It's called a jaffle in South Africa and Down Under.

Apparently originated in Australia.

Golden Regards
Uncle

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's called a jaffle in South Africa and Down Under.

Apparently originated in Australia.

Golden Regards
Uncle
Thank you for sharing. "Throw another jaffle on the bar-b mate"

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I thought the squirrel was the best.
Thought process:
"Damn, I can't cross that water".
"I'm gunna havta go back".
"Ooooh fuck it, I'm going for it !!!" :dduck::dduck::dduck::dduck::dduck::dduck:

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
Last pineapple upside down cake I made was in a cast iron skillet. That we probably the best I'd had. If I say so myself[/QUOT

Same here, but cast iron dutch oven. I have 4 sizes including a sixteen (monster) I've used just twice. I want to try Alton's brats in one of these.

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
Well, somebody is still in a profitable bidness! :beer::fire::hunt:n

Couldn't lose.
Did that, now I don't have an AK... damn

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Had to take my wife to the ER yesterday. They screened her for Coronovirus by asking several questions, before treating her for her medical problem. I was let into the emergency room exam room with no questions asked. Looks like the ER staff had enough gloves, etc. on hand. They talked about disinfecting.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thank you for sharing. "Throw another jaffle on the bar-b mate"
Favorite fillings are chicken mayo, curry mutton or beef mince, burger innerds, basically anything you'd make a toasted sammich with. Traditional over gas or fire but do butter the outside. Real butter or olive oil, not margarine.

Over gas or fire it does acquire a taste that is difficult to replicate on 'lectric.

Golden Regards
Uncle

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Favorite fillings are chicken mayo, curry mutton or beef mince, burger innerds, basically anything you'd make a toasted sammich with. Traditional over gas or fire but do butter the outside. Real butter or olive oil, not margarine.

Over gas or fire it does acquire a taste that is difficult to replicate on 'lectric.

Golden Regards
Uncle
What do you mean by Burger innards?

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Fry a beef patty (I think you call this a burger, the flat round meat portion.)

Get greens and a slice of pickled cucumber. And some cheese, garlic and onion, to taste.

Add your particular hamburger sauce, ketchup, mustard, chutney, etc.

Combine into the jaffle, remember to butter the outside, and heat over coal or gas.

Enjoy.

Burger innards. Everything between the buns. YMMV.

Golden Regards
Uncle

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Just got back from a trip to a couple of markets.

Market 1

• Lots of holes on the shelf of canned goods
  • In store bakery products were well stocked
  • Paper aisle only had about 5 cases of paper towels, no TP (we have plenty of TP so was just currious)
  • fair selection of beef (high prices)
  • Almost no pork and chix
  • Plenty of smoked meats
  • Good selection of fruits/veggies/dairy

Market 2
  • Great selection of fresh beef at reasonable prices
  • Loaded up on bnls sirloin, rib eye, sirloin tips and burger
  • Not much pork other than Italian sausage, spare and back ribs
  • I did grab some bnls pork chops, they were going as fast as the girl could put them in the case
  • Good selection of dairy, fresh fish and produce
  • Chicken consisted of all the bnls breast you could carry, bnls tenders and marinated chicken, not much else for variety
  • Canned goods were sparse, most other grocery items were available
Topped off the gas tank @ $2.09 gal
pumped up the bourbon and vodka supply

All in all, a normal Saturday out and about. No issues, nothing unusual to note

Last edited:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
What do you mean by Burger innards?
It's a question about terminology.

We call a burger, everything including the buns. And we'd never, but fkn never use it on a braai (cook out, I think you call it). Sacriledge to braai a patty (round piece of mince meat). You'll most probably get a poes-klap for trying something like that.

On a braai (cook out) we do lamb tjops or ribs, sosaties, any steak and wors (mince sausage), boere wors. And corn-on-the-cob. Perhaps a T-bone steak. Potato in foil.

All of that combined with corn porridge, made very stiff (pap), and tomato, onion and chilly stew (sheba).

Eveyone eats boerewors despite the racist connotation, its just a part of life. And the best sausage in the southern hemisphere.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's a question about terminology.

We call a burger, everything including the buns. And we'd never, but fkn never use it on a braai (cook out, I think you call it). Sacriledge to braai a patty (round piece of meat). You'll most probably get a poes-klap for trying something like that.

On a braai (cook out) we do lamb tjops or ribs, sosaties, steak and wors, boere wors. And corn-on-the-cob. Perhaps a T-bone steak. Potato in foil.

All of that combined with corn porridge, made very stiff (pap), and tomato, onion and chilly stew (sheba).

Eveyone eats boerewors despite the racist connotation, its just a part of life. And the best sausage in the southern hemisphere.

Golden Regards
Uncle
Ok, I need to digest that. No pun intended.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Fry a beef patty (I think you call this a burger, the flat round meat portion.)

Get greens and a slice of pickled cucumber. And some cheese, garlic and onion, to taste.

Add your particular hamburger sauce, ketchup, mustard, chutney, etc.

Combine into the jaffle, remember to butter the outside, and heat over coal or gas.

Enjoy.

Burger innards. Everything between the buns. YMMV.

Golden Regards
Uncle[/Q
Is that like a kabob where you form minced meat onto a spit and then roast it?

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
NW Florida small town: local small grocery store out of TP ( still can't figure that one out), eggs, hamburger, rice, dried beans but has plenty of everything else. Check out girl said her lines had shrunk dramatically from the week before. Traffic is lighter than normal but not by a lot. Other than the above, you'd be hard pressed to notice anything amiss.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
NW Florida small town: local small grocery store out of TP ( still can't figure that one out), eggs, hamburger, rice, dried beans but has plenty of everything else. Check out girl said her lines had shrunk dramatically from the week before. Traffic is lighter than normal but not by a lot. Other than the above, you'd be hard pressed to notice anything amiss.
Grocery stores aren't too bad around here, but the lack of traffic is eerie. It's probably 1/4th of what it normally is.

FthePolice

Silver Miner
It's all about timing where I live. You gotta hit the stores right when they open and there are lines. We made it in early to Costco yesterday and they had everything except toilet paper. They are now rationing stuff.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's a DUMB idea. Mine "fell overboard" and soaked up the damned lake! Dead fish smell for days!
Did ya find your boating accident? :winks2:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Cali's fearless leader- Newsuck just announced the National Guard will be joining the party.

The Storm is here...
Cue Stormtrooper music(Imperial March)

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Did ya find your boating accident? :winks2:
Goldbugs never find their boating accidents...

They are like squirrels...they just bury shit year round...and other squirrels (like Irons) find it...

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
We have been trying to find some distilled water for making ionic silver solutions. The local grocery stores & drug stores have been out since we started looking mid last week. So yesterday we decided to stop at Walmart. Pleasantly surprised to find they had 80+ gallons out on the shelf.
Came home with 5 at 89 cents each. Also, noticed that they had a lot of TP. Didn't need any of that as we have it stacked deep in the attic.

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
We have been trying to find some distilled water for making ionic silver solutions. The local grocery stores & drug stores have been out since we started looking mid last week. So yesterday we decided to stop at Walmart. Pleasantly surprised to find they had 80+ gallons out on the shelf.
Came home with 5 at 89 cents each. Also, noticed that they had a lot of TP. Didn't need any of that as we have it stacked deep in the attic.
Get a water distiller. How do you know what you buy is truly distilled? (Just sayin)