• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A perfect storm in banking is brewing

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking we are going to see a brief period of deflation in everything but food and fuel. Even gold goes to rock bottom. The difference is with real gold they will either raise premiums or stop selling. They are not selling below mining value.
Avalon darlin'... Please name either the year or the cycle or whenever since Ur of the Chaldees (5000BC) that GOLD has become worthless.

*IF* you are talking buying and selling gold on the stock market for fiat... that is not reality.

Reality is: Throughout human history, there has not been any time -- ever -- when gold was of no value: Those who had gold OWNED people who went out and got them food. Others prepared and served it. Still others tended the grounds to make them pretty.

At the time these photos were taken, those with gold in the same town were eating steak dinners prepared for them by those who had wheelbarrows full of "money".
1655806619350.png
1655806783413.png

1655806854452.png

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Avalon darlin'... Please name either the year or the cycle or whenever since Ur of the Chaldees (5000BC) that GOLD has become worthless.

*IF* you are talking buying and selling gold on the stock market for fiat... that is not reality.

Reality is: Throughout human history, there has not been any time -- ever -- when gold was of no value: Those who had gold OWNED people who went out and got them food. Others prepared and served it. Still others tended the grounds to make them pretty.

At the time these photos were taken, those with gold in the same town were eating steak dinners prepared for them by those who had wheelbarrows full of "money".
View attachment 264718View attachment 264719
View attachment 264720
I agree Walt but that won't stop the paper price from tanking. The longer this goes on the less connection there is between physical and paper.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I agree Walt but that won't stop the paper price from tanking. The longer this goes on the less connection there is between physical and paper.
100% agreement.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

View attachment 264718View attachment 264719
View attachment 264720
It’ll never be zero, but as the crash in 08 taught us, when in trouble, high fliers have to sell everything to meet margin calls, thus depressing even hard asset prices…at least on paper.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Reaction score
It won't stop the value measured in real goods from falling either. The economy is being destroyed. The amount of goods available for purchase is being reduced by a large amount. All currencies will fall in value relative to oil, food, cars and most other goods* - and that could well include a fall in the value of gold too.

* Hookers may get cheaper.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
It won't stop the value measured in real goods from falling either. The economy is being destroyed. The amount of goods available for purchase is being reduced by a large amount. All currencies will fall in value relative to oil, food, cars and most other goods* - and that could well include a fall in the value of gold too.

I plan on paying them in Tampons.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
cu's around here are not concentrated in residential real estate. cars loans and the like dominate their assets. residential real estate is somewhere down the list
I guess it could be size of the CU. Mine has two offices across town from each other in Lex. , but only the main office does mortgage applications. Personal / car loans can be done at either place.

Last edited:

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Dream on. :2 thumbs up:

SH

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

For example, gold I bought 2 years ago is selling for less today. Explain that when inflation is running rampant.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Staged collapse for the global financial reset. By 2025 every single bank will be operating on distributed ledger technology. Blockchain is the future. Everything - including banking, voting, medical records, supply chain management, etc - will be migrating to blockchain technology.

The collapse of the old system is being engineered to usher in the new one. Problem-reaction-solution.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Forget about valuing gold with USD SLV, picture what it can buy you. If a 100oz could buy a particular house in the 1960's, that same house, more or less, could be bought today with 100oz (outside of the metro area insanity).

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Those were people who didn't prepare properly and had to make moves they didn't anticipate.

Those of us here think much differently and have for quite some time.
Agree but it went on for many years. Even in this group how many of us preprepared for years.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Staged collapse for the global financial reset. By 2025 every single bank will be operating on distributed ledger technology. Blockchain is the future. Everything - including banking, voting, medical records, supply chain management, etc - will be migrating to blockchain technology.

The collapse of the old system is being engineered to usher in the new one. Problem-reaction-solution.
Fortunately the madness will be ended by a solar micro-nova in the 2030s.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
For example, gold I bought 2 years ago is selling for less today. Explain that when inflation is running rampant.
ANSWER : JPM/LBMA Market manipulation.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
For example, gold I bought 2 years ago is selling for less today.
Is it selling for less or is the fictional "Spot Price" Less ?

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is it selling for less or is the fictional "Spot Price" Less ?
Selling for less - APMEX.

I feel robbed over and over by government manipulation: taxes, inflation, welfare (student loan forgiveness), Federal Reserve stock market intervention (direct of indirect), etc. Every time I try to make a good financial decision based upon facts (fundamentals) I get my butt handed to me by government interference in free markets.