• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Inside information leaked that GMW was going to self destruct at a certain time. Hedge funds, banks etc. all start pumping and dumping to attract the gullible muppets while building up massive shorts that they know will pay off. Then some social media genius starts leaking information about how exposed the banks and hedgies really are. This the chance for the muppets to revolt and stick it to them and maybe make a few dollars in the process.

The muppets see the hurt they inflict on the Wall street big shots. AME is identified next with SLV up on deck but now the muppets realize the damage they can inflict on the elites by going after SLV and physical silver causing the mother of all hurts on the money vampires.

I don’t think it’s inside info. That 140% of float was shorted was public info. I think the difference here was Darth Vader disparaging nostalgia.

Those kids did not skulk away - they said as a swarm, we’re the piranhas and we’re going to devour you

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s inside info. That 140% of float was shorted was public info. I think the difference here was Darth Vader disparaging nostalgia.

Those kids did not skulk away - they said as a swarm, we’re the piranhas and we’re going to devour you

The 140% float is lagging 3 months behind in SEC filings. The guys on reddit were quoting stuff at the beginning that looked more like real time numbers of the hedge funds, something even the hedge funds don't know very well amongst themselves officially.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Apparently the degenerates involved in wallstreetbets has doubled. Was 3.4m when I first looked a few days ago, then I refreshed and it'd jumped to 3.7m...now 7.4m.
Add one more

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It worked once...... I doubt if if it will work again as big boys will muddy the waters against the mega banksters.
They'll do what they always do... kick over the board.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
FOR EVERYONE THAT JUST JOINED BECAUSE OF $GME AND DONT KNOW WTF IS GOING ON
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/search?q=flair_name:"News"&restrict_sr=1
Firstly:

Now, down to business.

You have just been thrusted into a once in a lifetime phenomenon. It’s public knowledge now that the covid pandemic has increased the wealth of the world’s top 10 billionaires by over 30% (around $1 Trillion) and that the crisis has led to the largest transfer of wealth from poor to rich since 2008. Where do these billionaires keep their billions you might ask? No, not their JP Morgan savings account. Their money is managed by investment banks and hedgefunds. These same firms (Citadel, Melvin, Viking etc..) are now losing billions (around $70 billion as of last week) trying to short companies (profit from their failure). They have not yet been successful.

WHERE DO WE COME INTO ALL OF THIS?
The reason GameStop hasn’t dropped in price despite the hedgefund’s best efforts is because the majority of the shares have been bought by retail investors (the little guy- you and me) and the hedgefunds need us to sell them in order to buy and manage their short positions. The longer we hold out selling (and buy more), the more these hedgefunds will demand shares, pushing the price up (squeezing their short position).

ARE YOU TOO LATE TO THE PARTY?
The stock is at around $300 right now. The short squeeze HASNT EVEN HAPPENED YET. It’s realistic that the stock could go to $5000+ per share. If the GME short squeeze in proportion reached the same comparable levels as the VW Porsche squeeze, GME stock could reach $30k+ per share.

This is our chance to reverse the wealth transfer that’s taken place due to the pandemic (and even 2008), and also make a statement that times have changed and we won’t stand for billionaires profiting off the downfall of businesses and destroying the little guy (15,000 people are out of a job if the hedgefunds win and GameStop goes under- that’s 15,000 people who are potentially the only source of income for an entire family).

When all is said and done, ask yourself- what side of history do you want to have been on?

WHAT TO DO?
BUY. Every share not owned by the hedges loses them more money and drives the price up. HOLD. They can’t cover if we don’t sell. This will also drive the price up. BUY THE DIP. The stock will dip, this is natural and can be used to get in at a discount. DONT SELL WHEN WE GET TO $1K+. It will be tempting, but you’ll kick yourself when it’s at $10k, $20k, $k+

Do your own research, this is not financial advice, I am not an expert.

I. Just. Like. The. Stock

Edit- the short squeeze hasn’t* happened yet.

Edit 2- Guys, seriously- the awards are great but spend that money where it counts

Edit 3- for those of you asking if it’s too late to get in and when to get out... Don’t spend life-ruining money... These are very powerful people with A LOT to lose and multiple sleeves filled with tricks- they will not be folding without a fight. (Not financial advice).

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry made a 1,500% gain on GameStop during its Reddit-fueled rally
tmohamed@businessinsider.com

Michael Burry is best known as the investor who made a billion-dollar bet against the US housing market and won. His latest victory could stem from an unlikely source: GameStop.

Burry's Scion Asset Management owned 1.7 million shares in GameStop at the last count, which were worth $17 million at the end of September. The video-game retailer's stock price has skyrocketed since then, soaring as much as 145% to a record high on Monday as day traders piled in, thumbing their noses at short-sellers.

Scion's stake surged in value to $271 million at the peak, representing an almost 1,500% gain for Burry. GameStop shares closed at $148 on Tuesday, valuing Scion's position at around $252 million - a 1,380% gain in less than four months.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love to see dozens of hedge funds go BK,. They've fked joe 6pk long enough
They don't want them BK that's a given. They want them to jump! They understand they are E V I L !

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry made a 1,500% gain on GameStop during its Reddit-fueled rally
tmohamed@businessinsider.com

Michael Burry is best known as the investor who made a billion-dollar bet against the US housing market and won. His latest victory could stem from an unlikely source: GameStop.

Burry's Scion Asset Management owned 1.7 million shares in GameStop at the last count, which were worth $17 million at the end of September. The video-game retailer's stock price has skyrocketed since then, soaring as much as 145% to a record high on Monday as day traders piled in, thumbing their noses at short-sellers.

Scion's stake surged in value to $271 million at the peak, representing an almost 1,500% gain for Burry. GameStop shares closed at $148 on Tuesday, valuing Scion's position at around $252 million - a 1,380% gain in less than four months.
Nice. I re-watched that yesterday...aside from Batman movies, that was probably my favorite Christian Bale performance.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Fun to watch or toss a spare hundred or two at to be a part of it

We’re mostly old guys here that have no business even in individual stocks, let alone this roller coaster

Broad market mutual funds, REITs, physical durables (guns and ammo), and land and homes/rentals.

It’s the tortoise and the hare we all learned as kids

Stay safe and build or defend your nest egg

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
well. the end game is blood....................Who's is yet to be seen

There is an unknown element to all of this. Let's say that the ARF.com gamers and THE GOONS are spearheading this.....................that would be a VERY formidable group...........

WE know who ARF.com is.........Vilerat was a Something Awful mod that was killed at Benghazi....................

Pissed off decorated insider government types that have sat around all summer looking to collect some fatcat tears....................

I gamed with these kids, I KNOW these kids. They are weaned on "browser games" by 10 and then it's on to serious pixels by 14.

These :stonks: are just their game.

I give you this. Don't bet against these kids.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Silver can only go up from here.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
It's on, Golden Eagle Coins has silver ask price of $31 with nothing for sale.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Wait, now $33. Fireworks are coming! Get ready the open is Asian and grab a bag popcorn!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1612129690391.png
Nasty bite there...

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
When Robinhood double-crossed its members, they started leaving bad reviews, so Google stepped in...https://nypost.com/2021/01/29/google-deletes-thousands-of-negative-robinhood-app-reviews/
We who have purchased physical over the past decade or so are used to Wall St. lies. These Robinhood kids are just now starting to figure it out. TPTB be have to maintain the false narrative as long as possible, but you can only patch the dike up so much until the flood waters make their way through...

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
OK — GSR startin to get down where it belongs.
keep on truckin

swap time comin

BF

I am waiting until it's in the 30's. I will be keeping my ASE's, however generics and junk will be fair game. I might even trade it for platinum this time depending on where spot is relative to gold.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
alas — Pt has been a bad play for me.
<sigh>
BF

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Meanwhile, S&P futures going the other way.

Excellent as im long gme and miners as well as qqq puts. Also short the pos known as AutoZone.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I am waiting until it's in the 30's. I will be keeping my ASE's, however generics and junk will be fair game. I might even trade it for platinum this time depending on where spot is relative to gold.

I like how you think.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone think about industrial use going up with dumb jo green solar dream being mandated?

Maybe a big step up even when it is stable?

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
some of ya are counting the chickens already i see

:blond:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Prediction: When GME goes nuclear Congress will be compelled to author "stock control" legislation to protect amateur traders from themselves. They will legislate protection for the banks and hedge funds guaranteeing they alone will be able to game the system. And it will be for our own good, of course.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Prediction: When GME goes nuclear
I dont think it will. I think the exchange will halt trading of it, and force liquidation at the closing price friday; LIFO until all shorts are covered.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Prediction: When GME goes nuclear Congress will be compelled to author "stock control" legislation to protect amateur traders from themselves. They will legislate protection for the banks and hedge funds guaranteeing they alone will be able to game the system. And it will be for our own good, of course.
might be why they want a wall built around dc.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Gamestop taking a huge hit this morning.

Buy opportunity?

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Buy opportunity?
It might be. From the scuttlebutt at the Reddit boards, some are cashing in and rolling their profits into silver.
I saw conversation that silver was their end goal, all along, because of silvers huge short. These guys are serious, and are armed with lots of cash. I got my fingers crossed.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It might be. From the scuttlebutt at the Reddit boards, some are cashing in and rolling their profits into silver.
I saw conversation that silver was their end goal, all along, because of silvers huge short. These guys are serious, and are armed with lots of cash. I got my fingers crossed.
So they burn and pillage one area and use the proceeds to conquer the next.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Buy opportunity?
I read that the short position on GME was severely reduced and thereby taking pressure off the squeeze. Theoretically this means that shares were sold equal in number to shorts that purchased. Theoretically.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I think it's becoming like a Space X rocket...goes up, comes down, stops, goes sideways then explodes.

Hoping I'm wrong...to the moon, Alice..whack...zoom!!
I'm hoping you're wtong too!

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I read that the short position on GME was severely reduced and thereby taking pressure off the squeeze. Theoretically this means that shares were sold equal in number to shorts that purchased. Theoretically.
As you imply" "theoretically"
We both know that they can print as many shares as they want.
(And I am not talking about the parent company issuing legal proper shares.)
Just like they can print paper silver--but more so--because they don't have to worry about paper-physical price mismatch.
The companies know that some of the shares circulating are not legitimate shares issued by the company--but they don't do much about it.
Maybe there is not much they can do.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The companies know that some of the shares circulating are not legitimate shares issued by the company--but they don't do much about it.
Maybe there is not much they can do.
One thing that they could do, is publish their estimate of the # of shares circulating (vs the # of shares issued.)
But they don't do that (generally).
I can only speculate on why...