• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
What constitutes "Large Blocks " ?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I learned, in 1969, that the stock market was dirty.
My best friend married into a very wealthy family & FIL sent him to Shearson Hammill stock brokerage school, to learn how to manage the family wealth.
He got me some great deals & it was all lost overnight, by insider trading.
This taught us BOTH that the stock market is for the wealthy/powerful, the "commons" just pay the up-keep !!! :godfather

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Good Lord. I never knew about that.

So wait, I knew naked shorting was an issue but now it’s claimed that Ameritrade wasn’t actually making the trades?

I need to see the story on this

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So wait, I knew naked shorting was an issue but now it’s claimed that Ameritrade wasn’t actually making the trades?
That sounds about right. Almost two decades ago, when I was putting money into stocks, I think my broker agreement had wording to the effect that when I made a trade, they did not necessarily buy or sell on the open market. They just added X shares of Y company to my account information. And I assumed they would rather risk a rising price than pay the transaction fees. And they would put my fees right in their pocket.

The problem is when someone wants to vote their stocks. Okay, whose name is on the company's register?

My broker was not happy when I bought shares of BeOS when they were a cheap gamble, and I wanted the actual stock certificate. I did NOT want my shares to get lost on the computer! I had to pay extra for that.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I am so sick of rabbit holes. It is exhausting.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How much do you want to bet that the rules will be changed by the exchanges that only large blocks of stock can be directly registered so the farce can continue and the muppets can be left holding the bag for the big bankers?

They already changed it significantly in 2008. Pre 08 I was able to get some physical certificates of mining companies I own (unfortunately more than half of those are now just worthless paper) but they only cost me $50 per company. Now it all moved to this Direct Registration system and they want to charge you $500.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They are at EVERY turn, everywhere !! :hunt: :witch:

It truly is bigger than we can imagine. Basically it seems like the entire US stock market clearing/ownership structure was designed by these Wall St crooks. Everything built on top of that is an illusion that is designed to funnel the ownership and real money into their pockets.

I mean I still have my Roth IRA in TD Ameritrade. I basically outright accused them of this back in January. The reason was is that they not only shut down buying but they would NOT let me sell a covered call and they had let me sell one a couple days earlier. A covered call is where I owned 100 shares and wanted to sell a call option to someone else to buy my shares at the strike price. The ONLY reason I could think that they would restrict selling covered call options is because they DID NOT really have my "shares". Because selling a call is a bit of a bearish move.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I learned, in 1969, that the stock market was dirty.
My best friend married into a very wealthy family & FIL sent him to Shearson Hammill stock brokerage school, to learn how to manage the family wealth.
He got me some great deals & it was all lost overnight, by insider trading.
This taught us BOTH that the stock market is for the wealthy/powerful, the "commons" just pay the up-keep !!! :godfather

Another reason why I still believe "something" has changed. In years past Gamestop just would have kept dropping and added to my list of crap investments. This was NOT in the plans. And not only did we get the huge spike this thing is STILL trading at $180 / share almost 10 months later. Something is different.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I mean I still have my Roth IRA in TD Ameritrade.
As I said earlier, I learned the dirt of the stock mkt & I never did trust .gov..
I started stacking just after LBJ & tricky Dickhead destroyed the fiat, to PM's, conversion.
That was around 1973, then came the spike in 1979/1980. It took years for me to recover from that, as I bought here & in Peru during that spike. But the early '90's & early 2000's, gave anyone that was paying attention, a great opportunity to stock up.
I am thinking that we are at another buying opportunity, with prices being held down.
As far as IRA's & the 401k's, bullschiff, I never took the bait.
I have been telling friends & family, for a couple of years, to get out of their IRA's & 401k's, as soon as they can.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
As I said earlier, I learned the dirt of the stock mkt & I never did trust .gov..
I started stacking just after LBJ & tricky Dickhead destroyed the fiat, to PM's, conversion.
That was around 1973, then came the spike in 1979/1980. It took years for me to recover from that, as I bought here & in Peru during that spike. But the early '90's & early 2000's, gave anyone that was paying attention, a great opportunity to stock up.
I am thinking that we are at another buying opportunity, with prices being held down.
I have been telling friends & family, for a couple of years, to get out of their IRA's & 401k's, as soon as they can.

I just spread it around. I understand their game so you can trade against them if you understand the process. Now if they just get to the point where they say poof we are bankrupt or it all belongs to us, so be it. That's what the other stuff is for but at least trading lets me supplement my income. GME profits bought me a nice little stack.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
I’m not calling BS but I am smelling something,

Now most of my holding are in a brokerage account at nationwide but I get proxy statement direct from the fund to vote my shares every year for every position. If some middleman was just pretending I had a stake and pocketing my money (I.e Bernie madoff) I wouldn’t be getting direct notification from the fund with the correct number of shares

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I’m not calling BS but I am smelling something,

Now most of my holding are in a brokerage account at nationwide but I get proxy statement direct from the fund to vote my shares every year for every position. If some middleman was just pretending I had a stake and pocketing my money (I.e Bernie madoff) I wouldn’t be getting direct notification from the fund with the correct number of shares

Gee, nobody ever fakes votes these days... :dduck:

Yeah they already went through that process. Basically the middleman just make it up when there are too many votes.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Looks like the MSM is taking notice. This is a trend that really puts a squeeze on the system.

And the ONLY negative they claim is a complete lie.

"Importantly, locking up shares via direct registration might put pressure on short sellers, but it also exposes Apes to steep losses if the stock goes into free fall."

Yes, it takes 4-5 days to get your buys and confirmation ( I just made some purchases Mon morning and still haven't seen the confirms yet). But you CAN sell at any time. I sold GME on the first two chaotic days of the squeeze and they sent a FED wire to my bank account within a day or two. More money then I'd ever sent anywhere.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Gee, nobody ever fakes votes these days... :dduck:

Yeah they already went through that process. Basically the middleman just make it up when there are too many votes.

You make a good point about fake votes but in this case the underlying fund and the broker have competing interests. The underlying company/fund wants buyers and shareholders, that what drive price per share higher.
If the broker is faking this they are denying the fund the buyer/volume that helps this share price

They have no incentive to collude with middlemen that may be faux buying

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You make a good point about fake votes but in this case the underlying fund and the broker have competing interests. The underlying company/fund wants buyers and shareholders, that what drive price per share higher.
If the broker is faking this they are denying the fund the buyer/volume that helps this share price

They have no incentive to collude with middlemen that may be faux buying

its all the same.and they have huge incentives to funnel cash. Everyone is in on the graft. Go look through some of the old threads on the AMC votes in Superstonk. They were hoping it would show hoe many shares were outstanding by counting the votes. That's not how it turned out and they figured out why. Basically all overvotes were just discarded.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
There goes TAEZZ... channeling his Unca Walt agin. The stock market ripped me off with a trade... I own zerio stocks of any kind. And when Tricky Dick pooped on America and floated the dollar like a dod in a toilet... I started stacking.

Even our dates match! Although I always had a constant "hard set" put-aside in my budget for stacking. No imagination... more like a steady hit-and-miss engine in all ways of lookin' at it. So I have sometimes missed the dips, bought the highs, did all the non-trading stuff. My IRA got turned into bullion.

My family does not listen... and while they do not own stocks (a plus), neither do they have PM's. The USD has "always been there, and always will be there". :don't know: :oops:

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The USD has "always been there, and always will be there". :don't know: :oops:

Confederate States dollar

Image result for confederate currency

The Confederate dollar (CSD), issued in 1861, was the legal tender used by the eleven states that comprised the Confederate States of America during the U.S. Civil War. The Confederate dollar was a promissory note of credit that promised the bearer compensation six months after the end of the war.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Hey the Venezuelan Bolivar has been around awhile. No problems. Except they keep lopping off 4-6 zeros every so often.

Only a fool only knows the little bit of time that they've experienced.

wastrel

tongue firmly in cheek
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Confederate States dollar

View attachment 228674

The Confederate dollar (CSD), issued in 1861, was the legal tender used by the eleven states that comprised the Confederate States of America during the U.S. Civil War. The Confederate dollar was a promissory note of credit that promised the bearer compensation six months after the end of the war.
I think I'll pick up a few of those. Just in case. Imagine the accrued interest!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
There's a website somewhere about Confederate money I stumbled across a coupla years ago. They said Uncirculated Confederate notes reached parity with the US dollar sometime around 1923.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So I thought I would bump this thread. Another good post on Readit really covers DRS in detail.

"[reddit]Superstonk/comments/ptvaka]"

1635784978181.png

NOTE: EVERY SINGLE STOCK SHARE in your brokerage accounts are Owned by a company called Cede & Co.

There has been a lot of FUD spread about CS on this. When you direct register your shares they are indeed withdrawn from the DTC and control by Cede & co. You are now not just the beneficial owner but the registered owner of these shares as explained in this graphic.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Some hedge funds were shorting GameStop to the tune of 140% . Charles Pain of Fox Business was giving these fund managers the blues today. He says hedge fund operators were crying for the regulators to get involved. Where were their cries when THEY were shorting Exxon ?, BoA ? and many others to the detriment of seniors and their retirement accounts ? LMFAO
Do as we say not as we do

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So I thought I would bump this thread. Another good post on Readit really covers DRS in detail.

"[reddit]Superstonk/comments/ptvaka]"

View attachment 230547

NOTE: EVERY SINGLE STOCK SHARE in your brokerage accounts are Owned by a company called Cede & Co.

There has been a lot of FUD spread about CS on this. When you direct register your shares they are indeed withdrawn from the DTC and control by Cede & co. You are now not just the beneficial owner but the registered owner of these shares as explained in this graphic.
I stopped playing their stacked game in 1969 !!! FUCK the rigged stock market :Grrr: :Grrr: :totally steamed:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I stopped playing their stacked game in 1969 !!! FUCK the rigged stock market :Grrr: :Grrr: :totally steamed:

I believe we are in the process of destroying said rigging and hopefully those repsonsible.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I believe we are in the process of destroying said rigging and hopefully those repsonsible.
I wish all involved the best of luck.
This is a mighty powerful group of power mongers.
I believe they are a power above our ability to control, but that is just me !

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It's happening again... Shorts are really taking it up the back side lately. If lowly old Avis does this today.

1635886614273.png

That's with a posted short interest of 28% of Float.

Then we got Bed Bath and Beyond putting the screws to the shorts after hours by announcing more buybacks. This one has a posted short interest of almost 59% of Float.

1635886711265.png

Can't wait for the real fireworks. It's gonna be a hella good time.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Hey the Venezuelan Bolivar has been around awhile. No problems. Except they keep lopping off 4-6 zeros every so often.

Only a fool only knows the little bit of time that they've experienced.
I have a 90% silver bolivar coin. Its put away or I would add a pic.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Voodoo -- Wouldja explain to yer pore ole Unca if I am understanding this correctly:

1635940035008.png

BBBY was being shorted. A lot. So BBBY mgmt BOUGHT at $16.75, the market closed, and an hour later those shares had risen 82%???

If that is right, shorting stuff to oblivion is gonna become a blood sport.