• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Friedman....nah....just a coincidence I'm sure. Don't mind me! Sorry to interrupt!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
They're weakening one of the pillars that currently hold up the entire financial house of cards. Not if, but when that pillar falls the rest of the economy falls with it. The government will then come to the rescue of the people. The people, being the fat, weak, self entitled and indoctrinated group that they are, will happily accept the crumbs the government will then toss them.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It's been a game to naked short companies to oblivion. Yet the shorters Never cover, because then they don't even pay taxes on the trade. They just leave the companies as a zombie. This is how they destroyed Overstock and Patrick Bryne in 2008ish. And probably so many companies we could never compile a list.

They can only "never cover" if the stock goes broke. If the business becomes viable and pays a dividend then they are on the hook for that money. They can keep the game going indefinitely but there are risks.... look @ OverStocks chart since 2008.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Coming across some out of the box thinking. What if this entire reddit game is a ff? It's a bit of a stretch to imagine some basement dwelling millennials can pull this off with a $600 stimulus cheque. This coordination comes from somewhere. Why?
And what happens when these hedge funds go down with millions of people's retirement funds? What about the exposure to derivatives?
So many questions.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
So many questions.
Indeed, the answers always seem to be around the next corner, just out of sight but getting closer and closer

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Brio,

BB and I were just talking of this,
wherein he claims it is far larger than a few kids chatting on the basement computers and hitting 'send' on trades,
that there is something big enough to pull it off

so I went and looked at some volumes,
and yes, you are talking some big dough,
if I calculated properly, over a period of a few days $30B traded in gamestop, and on down the line to others,

meaning there is some big dough backing the play

then he also commented that for them to get this serious to change the rules this quickly means they have noticed, and see the vulnerability

so the players are changing the rules to prevent the slaves from revolting, and as you state it gets interesting as they do have weaknesses, and that is greed.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1.png

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
1/26/21 it was posted shorts had losses over 90 billion.
Read comments today. Millennials can't afford anything, burdened with student debt, shit jobs, no dating in a virus environment and smart with computers want to inflict as much pain as possible.

Many said they are not selling until 5-10K. They were happy that the rich bastards that have gained the system, offshored their parents jobs, stolen their grandparents investments, their uncle's 401K are suffering. They have no qualms about it. They are playing by the rules. Will inflict as much pain as possible with their profits. Many are buying just a few shares & selling to get their money back to use in another stock.

They called them old boomers that have stolen from generations. many are talking about the next move & AMC & a few others seem targets. Even mentioned the metals. They realize they are slaves to a system and with nothing to lose and a few bucks are hell bent on making the elite suffer.

Go read some of the comments. They are golden & they totally get and understand the system is rigged against everyone.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sort of interesting the co. that launched this is called GameStop. More fed bailouts I guess, once the pensions are disappeared.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
wherein he claims it is far larger than a few kids chatting on the basement computers and hitting 'send' on trades,

if I calculated properly, over a period of a few days $30B traded in gamestop, and on down the line to others,

fwiw, the wallstreetbets reddit where this started has 3.7million subscribers alone. And it took off to other venues from there.
30billion begins to seem more doable when you factor in all the attention.

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Silver next?

1611800538489.png
1611800588317.png

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
specs,

that was my argument to BB, that this is possibly grassroots and doable when you factor worldwide persons that could be onboard,

then you have guys like elon musk who have a big chip re shorts, and if he decides to play, well that would be a player,
and love him or hate him, he has one heckuva following because of the way he operates is anti 'system'

Last edited:

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1611800714986.png
1611800728659.png

https://theverge.com/2021/1/27/22253251/discord-bans-the-r-wallstreetbets-server?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1354567256534110209

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
specs,

that was my argument to BB, that this is grassroots and doable when you factor worldwide persons that could be onboard,

then you have guys like elon musk who have a big chip re shorts, and if he decides to play, well that would be a player,
and love him or hate him, he has one heckuva following because of the way he operates is anti 'system'

Maybe that's the case. But if so banning subreddit will not stop it and the fallout will be astronomical.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is monitoring the steep rise in GameStop’s price, the White House said Wednesday, and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell sidestepped several questions about sky-high equity prices during a Wednesday press conference.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said in a Wednesday statement that it was monitoring “on-going market volatility in the options and equities markets and, consistent with our mission to protect investors and maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, we are working with our fellow regulators to assess the situation and review the activities of regulated entities, financial intermediaries, and other market participants.”

Some legal experts think those involved in pushing GameStop and other shares higher could face liability.

“This looks an awful lot like market manipulation, and I suppose it could rise to the level of securities fraud,” said a securities lawyer in Washington, D.C.

The attorney added that while there are likely legal ways to pull off a short squeeze, “ginning up interest among perhaps unsophisticated investors to build that momentum” could resemble schemes that have previously drawn SEC charges.

“How many times is the SEC going to let them do this before they say, ‘OK, this is clearly manipulative and has to stop,’” the attorney said.

Former SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt Jr. argued in an op-ed Wednesday that the agency should aggressively crack down on “rumormongers” that use online forums to drive stock purchases before the rally got out of hand.

“If regulators are able to cut through the froth and the noise, introduce a little humility and doubt, they might well condition novice investors to walk before they run, and to tread carefully on a path where others have gone before — and been badly hurt,” he wrote.

Reddit traders cause Wall Street havoc by buying GameStop

Yep sounds like Fed censorship is the 2021 solution for all issues be it DVE, or citizen market manipulators. Scapegoats for staged events? Wow sounds like China.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I think it’s glorious that a hedge fund, running their normal pump and dump, got their ass handed to them.

It’s been normal for a while that a low cap or vulnerable company is able to be punished by shorts (there are currently 138% of shares shorted - kind of not possible)

About time one of em got burned this bad

I’ve been on the long side of MNKD for years because I believe in the product and the company is constantly punished by naked shorting.

Funny (hypocritical) to listen to the manipulators cry about manipulation. I read a story about a blue collar guy who put his life savings of 50k into a non leveraged long and made 15 million when the squeeze happened

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of the comments were I hope they jump from a tall building. I kinda got the idea this is personal........... to a whole generation!

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
What’s going on is basically a targeted DDOS of short hedge funds by millions of retail investors. And nobody knows what to do about it.
January 27, 2021 by IWB

What's going on is basically a targeted DDOS of short hedge funds by millions of retail investors. And nobody knows what to do about it.
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 27, 2021

Everything is breaking, folks
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 27, 2021

Nearly 38 million call options traded today, *the most EVER* pic.twitter.com/Fyz7eLLAK4
— Sarah Ponczek (@SarahPonczek) January 27, 2021

If you were the CEO of GameStop or AMC, what would you do right now and why would you sell all of your shares?
— Ramp Capital (@RampCapitalLLC) January 27, 2021

People who say $GME is overvalued don't understand the value proposition. It's no longer a stock, it's a store of value. It's the new digital gold. And for now it has only 3% of the $BTC market cap, still plenty of room to grow. My price target is over $9,000
— François Chollet (@fchollet) January 27, 2021

NASDAQ'S ADENA FRIEDMAN SAYS WE MONITOR SOCIAL MEDIA CHATTER AND WILL HALT STOCK IF WE MATCH CHATTER WITH UNUSUAL ACTIVITY IN STOCKS – CNBC
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) January 27, 2021

If markets ever crash every one will be trapped as hell. They cant even handle a 2% dip without halting.
— WSB Chairman (@WSBChairman) January 27, 2021

Blockbuster up 4900% in 2 days…
yup, that blockbuster pic.twitter.com/xbJ4HkY8tb
— Jonathan Krinsky,CMT (@jkrinskypga) January 27, 2021

The Fed Doubles Down on Mistakes Despite Rampant Speculation
The Fed’s Lovey-Dovey All Around FOMC Statement shows the Fed’s commitment to blow bubbles is still intact.
READ Must read: Some major crap going on with US exports to China
READ CULTURE OF CORRUPTION: Biden Energy Pick Set to Make Millions from Prominent Energy Company: Jennifer Granholm’s ties to energy industry will likely lead to conflicts of interest.

Tagsbasically, funds, going, hedge, millions, short, targetedPost navigation
FULL BLOWN MANIA in Stocks Right Now. If It Looks Like a Bubble and Swims Like a Bubble…

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com...vestors-and-nobody-knows-what-to-do-about-it/

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Lots of the comments were I hope they jump from a tall building. I kinda got the idea this is personal........... to a whole generation!
Just think how they are gonna feel when the feds bail out wall st again.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Not just to them,

To anyone who believes in free markets, and freedom,

I say more power to them, make them pay,
including joozon/fakebook/etc etc

burn 'em to the friggin' ground

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Brio,

then he also commented that for them to get this serious to change the rules this quickly means they have noticed, and see the vulnerability

so the players are changing the rules to prevent the slaves from revolting, and as you state it gets interesting as they do have weaknesses, and that is greed.

Americas civil war chess pieces have just moved from stolen elections & the unconstitutional law perverted into assymetrical financial warfare.... and we all know what follows after this....

Experts anticipate SEC probe of GameStop trading fluctuations
SEC-building-view-from-below_opt.jpg

The agency is likely parsing the activity to see if there’s deliberate manipulation or collateral effects more broadly on stock prices. Shares of the video game and consumer electronics retailer soared 93% on Tuesday and are up more than eightfold for the month.

https://www.investmentnews.com/experts-anticipate-sec-probe-gamestop-trading-fluctuations-201975

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
NASDAQ temporarily shuts down stock trading after internet trolls destroy hedge fund with GameStop stock

The NASDAQ has paused trading after internet “degenerates” spotted Wall Street gearing up to make a killing, beat the traders at their own game, and got filthy rich while destroying the US’ top hedge funds. Buckle up.

“We are actively monitoring social media chatter and will halt stock if we match chatter with unusual activity in stocks,” NASDAQ CEO Adena Friedman announced on Wednesday morning. Speaking to CNBC, Friedman demanded regulators intervene to stop the “manipulation” that’s seen amateur investors completely leave one of America’s top hedge funds, Melvin Capital, teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

As trading opened, Friedman kept her word and the buying and selling of GameStop stock was halted intermittently throughout the morning, in a bid to stave off the “manipulation” she warned about. But what was it about one failing video games retail company that sparked such panic on Wall Street?

https://www.rt.com/usa/513819-gamestop-stock-trading-wall-street/

Play by our rules or we'll turn off the game

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I kinda got the idea this is personal........... to a whole generation!

Yes... mentioned here a decade ago, there are books on it, we are setup for intergenerational war. Both sides have a point and both sides have some of it wrong but the beliefs are deeply held.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What hedge funds shorted game stop?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I watched a flash crash. Lasted maybe 30 minutes but 6 minutes were a freak show, things were halted. Leader of the room I was in bought something at the very bottom. Just by memory it was a stock he liked and knew what it was. Bought it for a few dollars and it was up over $100 in no time and the next day was back where it was before. They took the trade away from him a few days later. He expected it but did nothing wrong.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
What hedge funds shorted game stop?
One of the comments.

For everyone scared about putting more money into GME, understand this: this is a situation that has never been seen before on this level. There are literally not enough shares in existence for the hedge funds to be able to cover. This means that its not a matter of if the short squeeze happens, but when. Sound good to be true? That's why this is most likely going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. After this short squeeze happens and Melvin and the other fuckheads on Wall Street are left in tatters, they are gonna get their government buddies to pass legislation to make sure they don't ever get caught with their pants down this bad again. But fuck that, that's far into the future. Focus on now and giving these fuckers everything you got to make the little guy have a happy ending for once. Godspeed everyone and GME to the moon. I love you all.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They won't lose. Just like the election. Two sets of rules. Injustice will be commited against those going long now, but no justice has ever fallen on the real market manipulators.

They will win... again. They will change the rules and make things up. It is fun to think about collapsing them, but it is a pipe dream.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
JawnxWick

210113:3:1
3 minutes ago

up 45K on GME options and a few shares. Not selling. Only rolling one of my calls that expire friday (on Friday during the gamma squeeze) into a later date at a higher strike and using the difference to purchase shares. Started with $800 the beginning of the month. Not much, but im not selling shit til im over $100k+ from this entire GME phenomena

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Melvin, Shitron, Citashit, Point72, TDA, RH form the ultimate lemonparty
ReportSave

level 1
SpaceAlphaOne
4 points·3 minutes ago0 children

level 1
Neondiode45

3 minutes ago

Boomers are shitting bricks right about now...
GAMESTONK!
ReportSave

level 1
evl_villain

3 minutes ago

REFORM THE LINE!!!!
ReportSave

level 1
AznChubbychub

4 minutes ago

I wasn’t a psych major in college, but somehow, I feel like taking on a superior stance and telling retail investors they can’t do something because they wouldn’t get it or too stupid to understand does NOT seem like a good way to get them to back down and give up. Rather, it seems like a prime method to accomplish the opposite.
ReportSave

level 1
Crimson_Arbalest

4 minutes ago

So with the GME shortage being 240% according to financhill, what does that mean exactly? Why are they doubling down even more? Someone explain please?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
now if'n you had big brass balls and wanted to have some fun,

you would wait until they commit, ie gamestop, then short the piss out of them as they all hit the exits at once to protect their profits.

now that would be fun............

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
There are literally not enough shares in existence for the hedge funds to be able to cover.

That's kind of true, if everyone who buy's is a long term strong handed holder. Enough stocks can turn over a number of times to satisfy the 140%. Either way it will not be easy, that is a big number. You need volume not out right numbers, so 20 stocks turned over 5 times can settle out 100 owed stocks... assuming that the people who are owed the stock are motivated to sell again by the higher price.

Last edited:

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
now if'n you had big brass balls and wanted to have some fun,

you would wait until they commit, ie gamestop, then short the piss out of them as they all hit the exits at once to protect their profits.

now that would be fun............

At some point this becomes an epic short and The Street knows it!

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some very interesting things about the Market Masters were revealed today. For instance, GME, as of its last quarterly report showed a total of 69 million shares outstanding. Today's volume? 90 million shares were traded. At the least, that means 21 million shares were traded twice during the day.

Now lets look at AMC. Total shares outstanding? 164.3 million. Sales volume today? 1 billion 188 million shares. That means, at the least, each and every share was traded 6.5 times today. What does that mean, besides the SEC reporting is very wrong? It means the Market Masters got caught in total corruption. They shorted many more share than existed. No wonder they are in total panic.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score