• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Up a ben after hours.

1611876131202.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A nice summary

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/01/28/wow-big-tech-colludes-with-wall-street-to-protect-elites-and-hedgefunds-against-ordinary-investors/

The hedgefunds were so greedy the short-sellers borrowed more than 140% of the total number of shares of stock of GME (GameStop) in order to destroy it. The stock value dropped from $20 to $4 as the sharks made millions in the short-sells. That’s when the Reddit investment community,Wall Street Bets, noticed an opportunity.

One of the issues with short-selling is that short-sellers must always eventually purchase the stocks they borrowed. That means if the stock value increases you are committed to buying it, you will lose money, and you cannot get away from the loss in your short-sell position so long as the stock value is high.

Knowing the borrowed shares were more than the total number of outstanding shares of the entire GME stock, the rebellious alliance knew the short-sellers (hedgefunds) would have to eventually buy them. So the independent group, mass numbers of individual investors, started purchasing shares and driving up the GameStop stock value.

The GME stock skyrocketed and the short-sellers (hedgefunds on Wall Street) were freaking out. The higher the stock went, the more it was going to cost the hedgefunds to get out of their short position. Billions were being wiped out as the pesky rebel alliance kept purchasing shares and driving up the value. [Go Deep] That’s when the biggest eye-opening series of events in financial history took place….

♦ First Big Tech jumped-in to protect the hedgefunds. The servers that handled Reddit’s investor discussion “WallStreetBets” were shut down, essentially trying to break down the communication of the rebel alliance. They used the oft-familiar “hate speech” justification, but that was really a ruse… Big Tech was supporting Wall Street.

♦ Then the New York Stock exchange stepped-in to protect the hedgefunds by blocking trades of GameStop and other Reddit targeted stocks (Nokia, Blackberry, AMC theaters). Ameritrade also blocked any trades. The NYSE was essentially trying to protect the institutional investors, billionaires, from the citizens, independent investors. Wall Street went to war against day-traders, ordinary Americans.

♦ Then the stock trading App “Robinhood” which was used by the citizens to make their trades, actually stepped-in to stop users from purchasing GameStop shares. The Robinhood app will now only allow sales of GME and the other stocks because the app is protecting the billionaire class from their short position.

Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, the entire financial trading system is trying to protect the short-sellers by driving down the shares of stocks so that the short-sellers can get out of their positions. Never has there been such blatant market manipulation by the organized efforts of the elite financial class.

Big Tech and Wall Street are working together to keep a rigged system tilted in their favor and their aligned efforts are spotlighting just how rigged that system is.

The elites don’t care what happens to the ordinary citizens in the stock market… they are protecting their own status. All of this is brutally illegal market manipulation and collusion by the financial sector. [Story Here and Story Here]

Keep watching….

Masks are dropping at an alarming rate as more people are witnessing in real time just how this market is rigged against the interests of ordinary Americans.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Warren Buffet famously said: "You never know who's swimming naked until the tide goes out."

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1611879926014.png

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A nice summary

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/01/28/wow-big-tech-colludes-with-wall-street-to-protect-elites-and-hedgefunds-against-ordinary-investors/

The hedgefunds were so greedy the short-sellers borrowed more than 140% of the total number of shares of stock of GME (GameStop) in order to destroy it. The stock value dropped from $20 to $4 as the sharks made millions in the short-sells. That’s when the Reddit investment community,Wall Street Bets, noticed an opportunity.

One of the issues with short-selling is that short-sellers must always eventually purchase the stocks they borrowed. That means if the stock value increases you are committed to buying it, you will lose money, and you cannot get away from the loss in your short-sell position so long as the stock value is high.

Knowing the borrowed shares were more than the total number of outstanding shares of the entire GME stock, the rebellious alliance knew the short-sellers (hedgefunds) would have to eventually buy them. So the independent group, mass numbers of individual investors, started purchasing shares and driving up the GameStop stock value.

The GME stock skyrocketed and the short-sellers (hedgefunds on Wall Street) were freaking out. The higher the stock went, the more it was going to cost the hedgefunds to get out of their short position. Billions were being wiped out as the pesky rebel alliance kept purchasing shares and driving up the value. [Go Deep] That’s when the biggest eye-opening series of events in financial history took place….

♦ First Big Tech jumped-in to protect the hedgefunds. The servers that handled Reddit’s investor discussion “WallStreetBets” were shut down, essentially trying to break down the communication of the rebel alliance. They used the oft-familiar “hate speech” justification, but that was really a ruse… Big Tech was supporting Wall Street.

♦ Then the New York Stock exchange stepped-in to protect the hedgefunds by blocking trades of GameStop and other Reddit targeted stocks (Nokia, Blackberry, AMC theaters). Ameritrade also blocked any trades. The NYSE was essentially trying to protect the institutional investors, billionaires, from the citizens, independent investors. Wall Street went to war against day-traders, ordinary Americans.

♦ Then the stock trading App “Robinhood” which was used by the citizens to make their trades, actually stepped-in to stop users from purchasing GameStop shares. The Robinhood app will now only allow sales of GME and the other stocks because the app is protecting the billionaire class from their short position.

Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, the entire financial trading system is trying to protect the short-sellers by driving down the shares of stocks so that the short-sellers can get out of their positions. Never has there been such blatant market manipulation by the organized efforts of the elite financial class.

Big Tech and Wall Street are working together to keep a rigged system tilted in their favor and their aligned efforts are spotlighting just how rigged that system is.

The elites don’t care what happens to the ordinary citizens in the stock market… they are protecting their own status. All of this is brutally illegal market manipulation and collusion by the financial sector. [Story Here and Story Here]

Keep watching….

Masks are dropping at an alarming rate as more people are witnessing in real time just how this market is rigged against the interests of ordinary Americans.
The heat is on.

Sorry but I just gots to says it...
All your shorts are belong to us.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
New target & Musky

1611883206591.png

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1611883746785.png
1611883755550.png

https://twitter.com/toxic/status/1353890766800621569

Step 0: Citadel pays Robinhood for order flow. Citadel gets to see RH's orders a few milliseconds before they're filled. Citadel may choose to front-run some of those trades.

Step 1: RH's customers and WallStreetBets start manipulating $GME. This is happening in the open.

Officially, they're manipulating $GME (and $BB and $KOSS) because these low-value stocks are being very heavily shorted, and if something moves the value of the stock up (like, tens of thousands of retail investors acting in near unison), those short-sellers may be forced to sell
…to cover their borrowed shares. If most shares are held by retail investors who won't sell, the price will skyrocket (supply/demand) until someone does. The bear hedge funds and such will still have to buy to cover, which may cause a bit of a liquidity crisis for the funds.

The concept of "Screw the hedge fund vampires who exist only to destroy companies like Gamestop" is a big part of /r/WallStreetBets's messaging. It's a compelling message, and a decent secondary reason for this.

The primary reason to manipulate markets remains profit, though.

Step 2: HFTs buy shares ahead of Robinhood users.
Remember Citadel, the firm who can front-run robinhood trades, and got to see all of that RH data a little early because they paid for flow? Yeah. When do you think they started buying $GME in front of RH traders on momentum?

Because the volume of shares exchanged suggests that the HFT folks were all over this, all the way to $150. The message on WSB might be "lots of little guys screwing big Wall Street", but the truth is that the HFT robots were screwing everyone, while paying RobinHood a kickback.

Step 3: A hedge fund becomes insolvent. Today it was Melvin Capital Management. It very likely won't be the last.
Melvin immediately sells off a portion of itself, because it needs the influx of cash or it will vanish in a poof of smoke, vaporizing ~$15 Billion in the process.

Step 4: Who's the lead investor, picking up part of a usually successful fund at fire-sale prices?
Right. Citadel, probably with some of the cash they made by repeatedly profiting in the milliseconds before filling the trades that collapsed this fund.

Step 5: Citadel still has access to RH order flows, is still allowed to front-run them and/or pocket the spread, and can use that and other information to determine the next over-leveraged fund that's going to get squeezed.

They might even be able to accelerate the squeeze.

So, the next time you discount the impact of "4chan with a bloomberg terminal", remember that they are not the only ones who stand to benefit from intentionally screwing exposed short-sellers.

The professionals are all too happy to amplify the efforts of the amateurs for profit.
Because if amateurs manipulate the market, uh, truthfully, then nobody loses their license.
"I (retail investor) bought because I hate Citron & hedge funds, and we're going to screw them for profit. Join us, but do your own due diligence. YOLO!" might just be legal. IANAL.
If a licensed broker/dealer did this, they'd lose their license, and probably go to jail. Martha Stewart did time for less.

But Citadel, by paying for order flow and sitting in the middle, gets to legally ride-along, printing money the whole way.

So, when you ask yourself, "who pays for no-commission trades, and why?" or "what's the harm of RobinHood's business model?", take a look at what happens behind the scenes, in the milliseconds after you press buy, but before you own those shares.

It's vampires all the way down.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1611883886228.png

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Very interesting reading over at reddit in the wallstreetbets area. These reddit peeps are not messing around! A very small sample of thousands of posts below, the thread is moving 100 miles a minute.

dilandy
Didn't have any $GME in Robinhood, so I transferred everything I got there into my other broker account that didn't ban trades. Fuck Robinhood.

eatdrinkdrive
How many short positions still need to close? Citron is claiming they've already closed their positions at a loss of 100%

bannngg
Almost 20% of my portfolio is in GME and I'm about to sell my ATD-B to buy another 25 shares. I'm shitting my fucking pants but if we hold, we win. BUY AND HOLD FELLAS LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!

ItsKnope2016
Reposting for exposure:
Sell everything except what Robinhood suspended and use the money to go all in on the stocks robinhood suspended. Crash the fucking market and bankrupt the hedge funds. We're taking wall street back by force.
Pass it on

matrixreloaded
FUCK Robinhood. Did they really restrict GME again? It should be at $1k by now if it wasn't for them today. This is an entirely different level of fucked up

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 200095View attachment 200096
https://twitter.com/toxic/status/1353890766800621569

Step 0: Citadel pays Robinhood for order flow. Citadel gets to see RH's orders a few milliseconds before they're filled. Citadel may choose to front-run some of those trades.

Step 1: RH's customers and WallStreetBets start manipulating $GME. This is happening in the open.

Officially, they're manipulating $GME (and $BB and $KOSS) because these low-value stocks are being very heavily shorted, and if something moves the value of the stock up (like, tens of thousands of retail investors acting in near unison), those short-sellers may be forced to sell
…to cover their borrowed shares. If most shares are held by retail investors who won't sell, the price will skyrocket (supply/demand) until someone does. The bear hedge funds and such will still have to buy to cover, which may cause a bit of a liquidity crisis for the funds.

The concept of "Screw the hedge fund vampires who exist only to destroy companies like Gamestop" is a big part of /r/WallStreetBets's messaging. It's a compelling message, and a decent secondary reason for this.

The primary reason to manipulate markets remains profit, though.

Step 2: HFTs buy shares ahead of Robinhood users.
Remember Citadel, the firm who can front-run robinhood trades, and got to see all of that RH data a little early because they paid for flow? Yeah. When do you think they started buying $GME in front of RH traders on momentum?

Because the volume of shares exchanged suggests that the HFT folks were all over this, all the way to $150. The message on WSB might be "lots of little guys screwing big Wall Street", but the truth is that the HFT robots were screwing everyone, while paying RobinHood a kickback.

Step 3: A hedge fund becomes insolvent. Today it was Melvin Capital Management. It very likely won't be the last.
Melvin immediately sells off a portion of itself, because it needs the influx of cash or it will vanish in a poof of smoke, vaporizing ~$15 Billion in the process.

Step 4: Who's the lead investor, picking up part of a usually successful fund at fire-sale prices?
Right. Citadel, probably with some of the cash they made by repeatedly profiting in the milliseconds before filling the trades that collapsed this fund.

Step 5: Citadel still has access to RH order flows, is still allowed to front-run them and/or pocket the spread, and can use that and other information to determine the next over-leveraged fund that's going to get squeezed.

They might even be able to accelerate the squeeze.

So, the next time you discount the impact of "4chan with a bloomberg terminal", remember that they are not the only ones who stand to benefit from intentionally screwing exposed short-sellers.

The professionals are all too happy to amplify the efforts of the amateurs for profit.
Because if amateurs manipulate the market, uh, truthfully, then nobody loses their license.
"I (retail investor) bought because I hate Citron & hedge funds, and we're going to screw them for profit. Join us, but do your own due diligence. YOLO!" might just be legal. IANAL.
If a licensed broker/dealer did this, they'd lose their license, and probably go to jail. Martha Stewart did time for less.

But Citadel, by paying for order flow and sitting in the middle, gets to legally ride-along, printing money the whole way.

So, when you ask yourself, "who pays for no-commission trades, and why?" or "what's the harm of RobinHood's business model?", take a look at what happens behind the scenes, in the milliseconds after you press buy, but before you own those shares.

It's vampires all the way down.
The 500 pound gorilla in the room, is that these Hedge Funds have been fucking over the retail investor for decades. They deserve everything they get, IMO. They have shorted my PM miners into the ground. Fuck'em!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Action is taken to prevent more buying and allow only selling.
Yep, Robinhood (Now Rob'em Hood) today only allowed SELL orders. None of their members were allowed to BUY today and probably tomorrow and so on until the hedge funds recover their losses.

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The 500 pound gorilla in the room, is that these Hedge Funds have been fucking over the retail investor for decades. They deserve everything they get, IMO. They have shorted my PM miners into the ground. Fuck'em!

Yes Sir, completely agree, these parasites can go fuck themselves... actually they did, not, like always they want to be saved from themselves... hope they all crash & burn!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1611885667581.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rules for thee but not for her. Just thought this might ring a bell or two.

Anyone know anything about trading cattle futures?
She wants to know.
1611886037147.png

A Clinton scandal from the 1990s is still relevant today — but it's not the one you think

Marc Joffe ,
The Fiscal Times
Feb 2, 2016, 11:02 PM

Hillary Clinton. REUTERS/Adrees LatifThe Clinton era of the 1990s is remembered as a prosperous time punctuated by a series of scandals.
Today, we tend to dismiss these scandals as irrelevant because they mostly involved sex, were exaggerated by partisan Republicans and were mostly related to actions taken by Bill Clinton, who will not be on the 2016 ballot.
But sweeping away all this history deprives voters of the chance to consider a largely forgotten financial scandal that directly involved Hillary Clinton during 1978 and 1979.
Under the guidance of an attorney representing Tyson Foods, Hillary Clinton made a $98,540 profit from a $1,000 initial investment in less than one year trading commodity futures. While $98,540 may not seem like much money relative to the Clinton family’s wealth today, it exceeded Bill and Hillary’s combined annual income at the time.
When this story was revealed in the spring of 1994, Hillary Clinton’s press secretary suggested that the enormous profit was the result of the First Lady’s own research — but the Tyson-linked attorney, James Blair, admitted that he advised Clinton when to buy and sell the futures. Further, there was no evidence that Clinton had previously traded in commodity futures or knew much about the market.
Careful readers at the time also learned that Clinton’s initial trading also had a serious irregularity. Unlike stock investments, commodity futures are almost always purchased with high levels of margin, meaning that the investor is using a substantial proportion of money borrowed from the broker to control positions. Exchanges and regulators typically require investors to keep a minimum amount of cash in their futures accounts to avoid getting into a negative position if futures prices move in the wrong direction. In Hillary Clinton’s case, her $1,000 initial investment was well below the $12,000 deposit required by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange for the first trades she executed. So not only did Hillary make an extraordinary profit for a novice investor, she did so without following the rules applied to less well-connected traders.
By the time the so-called “cattle futures” scandal fell out of the headlines, readers of The New York Times and Washington Post — mainstream outlets that both extensively reported the story — were left with the impression that Hillary’s trading activity was suspicious. But, since Hillary was not an elected official, the scandal was eclipsed by bimbo eruptions and the Whitewater Affair, both involving the president himself.
56b1577d58c32378008b762a

Hillary Clinton received her trading advice from Tyson Food's outside counsel. Getty Images/Mario VillafuerteIt also was not much of an issue in 2008 — but that was before the federal government started bailing out banks and other big corporations. In the aftermath of TARP and other widely reported instances of crony capitalism, Clinton’s behavior back in 1978 and 1979 warrants further scrutiny.
The factor that makes the cattle futures scandal relevant is that Hillary Clinton received her trading advice from Tyson Food’s outside counsel. Tyson was a major agricultural producer in Arkansas and had numerous issues that Attorney General and later Governor Bill Clinton could affect.
One such issue involved enforcement of environmental regulations affecting Tyson’s chicken-processing plants. It can be costly for factory farmers to properly dispose of chicken manure, but the failure to do so can cause serious damage. This was demonstrated by an incident at the company’s Green Forest plant in northwest Arkansas. As The New York Times reported in March 1994:
In 1977, the state pollution control agency reissued the license for Tyson's Green Forest plant on the condition that the company meet with city officials to work out a plan for treating its wastes. But the state never enforced the order, and in May 1983, the waste from the plant seeped into the town's drinking water. Residents became ill, and 15 months later Governor Clinton declared the town a disaster area.
So it is possible to link Tyson’s support for the Clintons to water contamination, an ironic circumstance given Hillary Clinton’s criticism of Governor Rick Snyder’s handling of the Flint water crisis.
The Times also reported, “During Mr. Clinton's tenure in Arkansas, Tyson benefited from a variety of state actions, including $9 million in government loans, the placement of company executives on important state boards and favorable decisions on environmental issues.”
56a411cf58c3238c008b4ae8

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. REUTERS/Rick WilkingTyson appears to have obtained these results for what looks like a bribe delivered though Hillary Clinton’s commodities account. To quote the company’s former chairman: politics is “a series of unsentimental transactions between those who need votes and those who have money.”
This perspective should provide cause for concern today, since Hillary Clinton made $2.9 million in speaking fees from large financial institutions between 2013 and 2015. That total includes $675,000 from the much reviled Goldman Sachs. One is left to wonder whether Goldman and the other financial industry behemoths stand to gain any transactional benefits for their money.
While paid speech-making is not illegal, bribery is. Tyson might have simply made a campaign contribution to Bill Clinton back then, but that would have violated limits then in effect. Instead, Bill and Hillary pushed — and seemingly broke — ethical and legal limits to get the cash they needed.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1611886369900.png

Robinhood CEO

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Charles Payne in his subscriber newsletter had wrote about GME early on (around 17 per share) that he felt it was a buying opportunity. His nephew bought shares early and sold close to the 400 top. Charles claims his nephew made enough money to buy a house in cash.
Good to see good things happen for the little guy.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like sarcasm!

1611888007460.png