• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Exactly. They don't get it.

HOLD THE LINE.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
lol

It will end in tears. Not mine.

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Financial markets might be rigged, but at least we have total confidence in our political voting system!

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Cramer doesn't get it. He thinks "winning" is about booking a profit on price gains. The RH insurrectionists have a different definition of winning.
I have a feeling Cramer might be tied up in the short side of these stocks. He is probably sweating it out. Using his pulpit to talk down the RH crowd.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I have a feeling Cramer might be tied up in the short side of these stocks. He is probably sweating it out. Using his pulpit to talk down the RH crowd.
It could also just be that Cramer sees the potential risk that the rigged stock market bubble may be popped by these populist movements. Ratings of stock propaganda shows drop precipitously when there's a crash. Either way it'd be in Cramer's interest to pour ice water on the WSB crowd.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
At this point, a good investment would be a truckload full of Spam.

Just park it in your driveway, wait one year, and sell it.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
We win when we see more of these Wall Street banksters jumping from skyscrapers than 9-11. No muslims, jews or whoever conspired to do it to blame, only their own greed and corruption. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Maybe one of them could bring Jaime Dimon and Blythe Masters along with them? Only way they could ever redeem themselves in my eyes.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Changes due to ongoing market volatility
Opening new positions in the securities listed in the table below is currently allowed, but limited. For more context about the decision to limit these securities, read our blog post.
Are there limits to increasing my existing positions?
Yes. The table below shows the maximum number of shares and options contracts to which you can increase your positions. Please note that these are aggregate limits for each security and not per-order limits, and include shares and options contracts that you already hold. These limits may be subject to change throughout the day.

SymbolSharesOptions contracts
AAL
AG
Standard limits apply
AMC
AMD
Standard limits apply
BB
BBBY
CTRM
N/A
EXPR
GME
GTE
Standard limits apply
JAGX
Standard limits apply
KOSS
N/A
MRNA
Standard limits apply
NAKD
N/A
NCITY
N/A
NOK
RYCEY
Standard limits apply
SLV
Standard limits apply
SNDL
TR
TRVG
WKHS
Standard limits apply
XM
Standard limits apply

What if my existing positions already exceed the limits?
Outside of our standard margin-related sellouts or options assignment procedures, your positions will not be sold for the sole reason that you are currently over the limit. However, you will not be able to open more positions of each of these securities unless you sell enough of your holdings such that you are below the respective limit.
Can I buy fractional shares of these securities?
No. Fractional shares are currently position closing only for all of the securities listed in the table above. This means you can sell and close your fractional positions, but you can't open new fractional positions. However, you can still open new whole share positions according to the limits listed above.
Are there any exceptions?
Exercising an options contract that will cause you to exceed a limit will be allowed.
What about options contracts expiring on January 29?
All options contracts for the securities in the table that expire on January 29 will remain position closing only. To learn more about options expiration, check out Expiration, Exercise, and Assignment.
Are recurring investments affected?
Any recurring investments in securities listed in the table will be paused until these limitations are lifted.

All investments involve risk and loss of principal is possible. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. This is not investment advice, a recommendation, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.

Reference No. 1503315
Still have questions? Contact Robinhood Support

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
note AG and SLV on that list

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Exercising an options contract that will cause you to exceed a limit will be allowed.
Thanks for the remedy pals.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
shenanigans this afternoon also,

there are some options expiring today, and they are driving chit down to cover those off with minimal pain,

etc.

sunday evening should be interesting

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
$320 is the highest Call Option expiring today in GME and has a big open interest. If we close above that today then they might as well just hold up the white flag. Boom.

Just downloaded the Yahoo data into a spreedsheet. There are 7,835 of the 320 still open and those are the only ones out of the money, 22 mins to the close. There are 84,712 contracts that are in the money and still considered Open Interest. That's 8.5 million shares represented.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Also expect Gamestop to announce some things on Feb 1 because I believe that Jan 31 is the end of the quarter and fiscal year. They really need to raise some shares to keep this somewhat ordinary and give them capital for the transition. I think 10-15 million shares max would be ideal.

Yes this puts a damper on the short squeeze, especially short-term. But it makes the company more viable and stronger long-term.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
post #260, already stated that there are some things that can happen to alleviate some stress,

and as you state, issuing paper is one of those

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There was the $10 attack with 4 mins left. $322 to $312.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
And that's all folks. A strong close and EVERY single call option finishes in the money Again. $328 close looks like we'll have an exciting week.:dancing guy:dancing guy

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
course not, can't have the slaves armed with information.........

Short-selling guru Citron says won't publish research again

• By Anirban Sen and Niket Nishant
    (Reuters) - Short-seller Andrew Left, whose company Citron was one of the hedge funds to spark this week's battle with small-time traders over GameStop Corp, said in a YouTube video on Friday that his company would no longer publish short-selling research.
    The latest twist in a saga that has sent shock waves through Wall Street as amateur investors pile into heavily-shorted stocks like GameStop and AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc, the move is a major change of course for one of world's best known short-sellers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/citron-stop-publishing-short-selling-160123895.html

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe gme should do a 10 for 1 stock split. Give the shorts 10 times as many shares to have to cover.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Maybe gme should do a 10 for 1 stock split. Give the shorts 10 times as many shares to have to cover.

No. That does very little for longs and allows for a lot more shares to be trading. The guy I've been watching had a really good idea. They should issue a bought-deal type of warrant. Give everyone a warrant that say gives you the right to buy more shares at say $200. If you want to buy more shares you can exercise the warrants and buy stock from the Treasury for $200. Or you can just sell the warrants at a market price and the company still raises how ever many shares. But this puts the shorts on the line for 61 million new warrants that all have some value as well.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
course not, can't have the slaves armed with information.........

Short-selling guru Citron says won't publish research again

• By Anirban Sen and Niket Nishant
    (Reuters) - Short-seller Andrew Left, whose company Citron was one of the hedge funds to spark this week's battle with small-time traders over GameStop Corp, said in a YouTube video on Friday that his company would no longer publish short-selling research.
    The latest twist in a saga that has sent shock waves through Wall Street as amateur investors pile into heavily-shorted stocks like GameStop and AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc, the move is a major change of course for one of world's best known short-sellers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/citron-stop-publishing-short-selling-160123895.html

No one is going to listen to that douche ever again. He didn't really have a choice.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1611964547592.png

Your government to the rescue! Trump and/or the military better get busy rounding up this scum soon. I can't take much more of this silly shit from an illegitimate government!

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
View attachment 200233

Your government to the rescue! Trump and/or the military better get busy rounding up this scum soon. I can't take much more of this silly shit from an illegitimate government!

Do want want angry mobs storming the Capital again? Cause that's how you get angry mob's storming a Capital.

Not that such a task could even be done.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
View attachment 200233

It would not surprise me. You can count on the Biden admin to do exactly the worst possible thing. They'd better hurry up on that wall around the capitol though 'cause they'll need it.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Do want want angry mobs storming the Capital again? Cause that's how you get angry mob's storming a Capital.

Of course I do. Crowds rushing the capital what the military is there for! This time however; the 'angry mobs' will be Bolsheviks doing their best imitation of the Russian Bolshevik Revolution . They're right here....right now! Time to root them out. The pieces are in place to deal with it. No time like the present to get that ball rolling.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 200233

Breaking news for Chief Lizzie Fork-ed Tongue: The financial markets are already regulated. Heavily.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Of course, that's unavoidable. That's what the military is there for! This time the 'angry mobs' will be Bolsheviks doing their best imitation of The Russian Bolshevik Revolution. They're right here....right now! Time to root them out. The pieces are in place to deal with it

How many of those military guys have Robinhood accounts? I mean its a pretty young demo. I bet there are quite a few.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

that won't happen...just print some more fiat and write a 'senior citizen bill' and then give all the money to the hedgies demanding they return 20% as the vig

fk the seniors...they'll live...or not

status quo, but, what i sense, is, there will be no discovery, they'll just cover it up as they've already explained

it'll happen again in the future, but we won't know until it happens, and it'll be them doing it, not us, not anyone else either, it's their bus after all, we're not allow to drive

more nails in their own coffins

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
How many of those military guys have Robinhood accounts? I mean its a pretty young demo. I bet there are quite a few.
Ya see, there is this thing about swearing an oath to the COTUS! The closest things to the human heart... justice, duty, honor, self respect... have nothing to do with money!

Last edited:

Farpdinkle

Hayseed
Reaction score
deleted, as the truth is unwanted here

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
isn't robinhood the one who built itself based on small retail trades, free trades, etc?

here is a conspiracy story for you,

-exchanges charge dough for access
-clearinghouses charge dough to clear trades
etc

so where are they getting the dough for their business plan to work out?
advertising my keister

maybe the thing is not what it seems,
don't know, but haven't watched the spreads there vs another like IB or TD

but let's say you sign up over there, and want a share of AG,
robinhood takes a look for you and gives you a quote,
excepting that quote they see isn't 'the quote', but a 'fabricated quote' ie quote + a vig fee

say TD has this at 14.00, but robin shows it to their user at 14.10
so they pick up .10 on every share bought or sold

in other words, they are ripping off the trader before the market makers rip them off,

all perfectly legal of course,

so many ways this can go,
now what if robin is buying the shares on margin?
the trader thinks he owns 1 share of AG, but the reality is, he only owns a very small piece of that share because robin bought it on margin, ie didn't buy the whole share.
now you have 10 traders all wanting a share, robin margins 10-1, effectively meaning they have 1 share to feed those 10 supposedly owned by the small fry

then the shares keep getting bid up and bid up, and those other 9 shares robin is responsible for? Well, they are a whole lot more expensive now

so many ways all this stuff can go and we will never know the truth

sure I am just making chit up, but you get the drift

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's not all as nefarious as it sounds. There are regs and requirements for brokerages to maintain capital to account for counterparty risk. If something blows up like these short squeezes with monster surges in volumes, they need more of a deposit to cover that added risk. And they are forbidden from using customer segregated funds as that deposit. ~~~I'm looking at you, Jon Corzine~~~

Those trades don't settle (settle = closing, the exchange of cash for security) until T+2, two days later. Depending on the net of buys/sells, Robinhood is on the hook to pay or receive that net cash. That's credit risk. NSCC is the entity that takes that credit risk. It matches up the net buyers and sellers, post-trade, and handles the exchange of cash for security. To mitigate the credit risk that one of the clearing brokers fails, they demand the brokers post a clearing deposit with them.
Let's say you purchase a share of GME on 1/25/21. Even though you paid for it, you don't actually own it until 1/27/21- 2 days later. In the meantime somebody has your cash and somebody else has your wildly fluctuating share. If either of those outfits default within those 2 days, you're pretty much screwed if they aren't adequately capitalized. That 2-day lag seems completely antiquated in todays world but rules is rules.

This is unrelated but somehow pertinent all the same:
I personally ran into that 2-day rule back during the dot-com, penny stock heyday. I was watching a stock- don't even remember which one it was- but it had been running up and looked to be moon bound. One morning the company announced that any 'shareholder of record' by the close of that days trading would receive an additional 2 shares for each 1 share they held. What could possibly go wrong here? The affect was like an afterburner to the share price as the fools rushed in. By the time I got some of that, the price was already well into the stratosphere. But since I was not the 'shareholder of record' until 2 days later, I was left holding my nuts and some 3:1 diluted paper. As I recall I didn't even get a chance to sell that turd.

So anyway, yeah- T+2.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1612012531596.png

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
FYI DYODD

Screenshot_20210130-073821.jpg

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1612014267265.png

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yeah that was why I posted it. He is one bizarre dude.