• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A picture of a short squeeze in progress...

^updated^

found a way in
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
new rankings just out...

4vCch4I.png

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I'd never in my life thought I'd agree with Robert B. Reishhhhhhhhhh on anything.

This also perfectly describes how the Banksters control gold and silver.

I don’t think Reich is correct. He conflates shorting with naked shorting, just my opinion here but here’s the case

A short bet is good for long. It keeps the price affordable and the market price closer to true value. If you’re a true long bet and not just a long side trader it helps you enter more affordably and in the long run increases your gain if you invest in a growth company.

If they bet short and the company wasn’t actually worth its price in the long run, they should profit because they were right.

I struggle with the midget Marxist because I believe at his core he doesn’t believe in private property, he’s just learned how to tap dance and conceal his tendencies.

Now trading on shares that don’t ctually exist, exploiting the float, commingling customers funds and other manipulative techniques need to be detected and penalized.

If Reich said the big gov SEC is worthless because it enforces nothing, then I’d agree with him but he’d rather talk about Wall Street without separating investors from crooks

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone with a brilliant mind (Burry) teamed up with someone who has very deep pockets (Musk?) to pull this off.
My concern is the trillions of retirement$ the hedge funds manage.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On Thursday, after the stock trading app Robinhood froze trades of GameStop and other "volatile" stocks, outraged customers flooded app stores to give furious one-star reviews proclaiming their displeasure. In response, Google intervened to delete the negative reviews on the Google Play Store and protect the Robinhood app's reputation.

Google confirmed that it acted to delete the negative reviews to The Verge, claiming that the dissatisfied Robinhood customers leaving negative reviews violated Google's policies by intentionally trying to drive down the app's rating. At one point Thursday, the Robinhood app had a one-star rating with 274,982 reviews. By the time The Verge published its report, approximately 100,000 reviews had been deleted and the app was back up to a four-star rating.

http://www.tathasta.com/2021/01/google-deletes-100000-negative-reviews.html

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Weird that they(RH) left those calls open to purchase/exercise, as it seemed an obvious flaw in their effort to diffuse the short squeeze bomb.

Or they thought they could bring in some desperately needed premium and the funds would be able to slam the close. Or they could just be dumb.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I still cannot believe the phenomenon that this has taken on. I perused the old site I was at and did a search. I had been talking about GME in the 2018 stock thread, the 2019 thread, and then even near the end of the 2020 thread I gave everyone a head's up saying it was starting to run and the short squeeze hadn't started. All I got was silence and a couple Blockbuster type responses.

Now the 2021 thread has 40 pages and everyone is buying Gamestop. Amazing. I really like the turn around story here but I think I will have to sell most and buy back later when these people are gone.

Last edited:

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Crossed my mind that GME may be a test run for the real short squeeze.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have placed an order for a truckload of spam for my Traditional IRA, self directed.
I have to put it under the custody of a third party with annual storage fees.
What could go wrong?

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Also, if you have some profits and GME stock I think this is the last weekend of their Q4. Go ahead and buy something. :thumbs up 2: My PS4 and some games arrive today. :delivery:

I also signed up for the annual Pro-Rewards membership as more of an annual reminded of this glorious squeeze.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There could be some fallout from this. Thank God I registered Democrat.

All hail Fearless Leader.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Fuck the SEC. You know they are gonna come for you some time. I'd much rather it be here than on something else.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Someone with a brilliant mind (Burry) teamed up with someone who has very deep pockets (Musk?) to pull this off.
My concern is the trillions of retirement$ the hedge funds manage.
I'll take my chances on the retirement money. I've never thought for a moment that I'd see any of it anyway. That why I slowly but methodically started spreading wealth around to different areas and turning FRNs into hard value.

I'm ready to watch them all go down and I, like a lot of people here, am prepared to deal with the fallout

Got toilet paper??

Last edited:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That is why I posted the update. I got into AMC, but am going to exit on Monday with a small gain.

Only NOK hit for me. Hopefully there will be an early plunge Monday and the rest will trigger.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I also signed up for the annual Pro-Rewards membership as more of an annual reminded of this glorious squeeze.

I was at the mall last night picking up some birthday gifts for my daughter, and I stopped to get a selfie with the Game Stop store. Just a souvenir.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
5 months ago when it was $4 + change

The Big Short SQUEEZE from $5 to $50? Could GameStop stock (GME) explode higher?? Value investing!

In this video I share a new style of my analysis on GameStop (GME, $4.61, $299M market cap). As of August 2020 I'm bullish on the stock. What are your thoughts on GME?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

The Big Short SQUEEZE from $5 to $50? Could GameStop stock (GME) explode higher?? Value investing!

In this video I share a new style of my analysis on GameStop (GME, $4.61, $299M market cap). As of August 2020 I'm bullish on the stock. What are your thoughts on GME?
If we knew then what we know now...

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

"exorbitant short interest" Well that escalated quickly.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

I bought my last big position on April 8, 2020. In fact, pretty sure I'd been posting about this possibility for a couple years. I was pretty concerned and almost done with the company until new management and then Burry came along. Should have gone all-in then.

Here is the thread. Though it looks like I forgot to actually mention the company when I was trying to get physical certificates. I did post the GME chart at $13...

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/sec-rule-change-and-paper-stock-certificates.349259/

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
GameStop Trading Should Be Halted for 30 Days, Says State Securities Regulator

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ga...ities-regulator-51611768563?mod=bol-social-fb
“I really think at this point it calls upon the regulators, in this case, the New York Stock Exchange, to consider simply suspending it for a month and stop trading it,” William Galvin, the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, told Barron’s. “These small and unsophisticated investors are probably going to get hurt by this.”

Color me shocked that a scumbag in taxachusetts suddenly hates free markets when whale hunting season comes around.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
“I really think at this point it calls upon the regulators, in this case, the New York Stock Exchange, to consider simply suspending it for a month and stop trading it,” William Galvin, the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, told Barron’s. “These small and unsophisticated investors are probably going to get hurt by this.”

Color me shocked that a scumbag in taxachusetts suddenly hates free markets when whale hunting season comes around.
Massivetwoshitts politicians and lieutenants always have their nose right up there in the thick of shit like this! They love the limelite and the exposure. If I'm an average American keeping up with current events I think to myself:
'Who cares what this guy has to say? The people actually found a way to stick it to the man and I'm one of 'the people'! No brakes, not suspensions. Open trading, keep the hammer down and let's see where this leads!'

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you think stocks and bonds are going to be perfectly fine, think again.

Globalist Gates is all in on farm land. Buffet owns the rail roads.
What do you have? Some digits on a screen.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Mark Cuban would like to share a little tip with WSB short-squeezers:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/m...ttle-trick-creating-mother-all-short-squeezes

Mark Cuban Presents A "Little Trick" For Creating The Mother Of All Short Squeezes

by Tyler Durden
Saturday, Jan 30, 2021 - 11:02

A few days ago when Wall Street was panicking over the unprecedented short squeeze that had sent the most shorted names soaring and streamrolling hedge funds such as Melvin Capital, Maplelane and countless others, we said that instead of engaging in damage control already perhaps Wall Street should consider how much worse it could still get. To wit, late on Jan 26 we said that a "little trick" that is available (for those with cash accounts) was for holders of GME stock to call back shares they owned of the heavily shorted names.
Here's a little trick: everyone who is long GME should instruct their broker tomorrow to make their shares not lendable.
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 27, 2021
Just a few hours later, early in the Thursday premarket session, things started to really move: that's when GME hit an all time high of $513.12 which has yet to be topped.

So did people call back their shares? Perhaps, we don't know, or maybe that's about to happen. According to S3 Partners, the total short interest is still a whopping 113% of the float, which means the squeeze could easily go on for a long time if the buyers kept applying pressure.
And none other than Mark Cuban may have assured of just that.
In a series of tweets on Friday, the iconic investor and "shark" compared the lending and rebate payment mechanism in stocks vs DeFi crypto tokens (where the bearer gets the benefit of the borrow fee and not the broker) and said - in an almost verbatim paraphrase of our "tricky" tweet from two days earlier - the following:
"one trick that I have been on both sides of is to lend out stock to shorts at a high APY and then call back my shares, which forces the short to cover. Now if #WSB did this en masse, it would be the mother of all short squeezes ".​
But if they do, one trick that I have been on both sides of is to lend out stock to shorts at a high APY and then call back my shares, which forces the short to cover. Now if #WSB did this en masse, it would be the mother of all short squeezes .
— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) January 29, 2021
Cuban made another point which we also addressed previously, namely that with millions of new users signing up to r/WallStreetBets where each trader has an average brokerage account of $5,000 (soon to get another $1,400 "stimmy check" infusion), the subreddit has become the world's biggest distributed, decentralized hedge fund with a "hive mind", where all the individual traders coordinate and work as one, and one which can steamroll over virtually any Wall Street veteran. In fact, at this rate, Once WSB has 15 million or so members - which should happen by the end of the week, as it now has a whopping 7 million up from 2 million at the start of the week - it will have more monetary firepower than the world's biggest hedge fund (central banks not included) Bridgewater:
Cuban made another point which we also addressed previously, namely that with millions of new users signing up to r/WallStreetBets where each trader has an average brokerage account of $5,000 (soon to get another $1,400 "stimmy check" infusion), the subreddit has become the world's biggest distributed, decentralized hedge fund with a "hive mind", where all the individual traders coordinate and work as one, and one which can steamroll over virtually any Wall Street veteran. In fact, at this rate, Once WSB has 15 million or so members - which should happen by the end of the week, as it now has a whopping 7 million up from 2 million at the start of the week - it will have more monetary firepower than the world's biggest hedge fund (central banks not included) Bridgewater:

It's becoming the biggest distributed hedge fund in the world https://t.co/LG4FskAjmH
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 29, 2021
What's going on is basically a targeted DDOS of short hedge funds by millions of retail investors. And nobody knows what to do about it.
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 27, 2021
And here's Cuban on this topic too:
The beauty of what has happened with #WSB is that Wall street is learning an expensive lesson that The Way Things Have Always Been Done is not How Things Should Be Done. There is power in numbers working together. Buy and Trade Together can be a whole lot more powerful than old-school buy and hold. Im not saying HODLing stocks is bad. It can be great and have the same impact as HODLing crypto. And the same principals even apply. The number of shares outstanding and their growth is comparable to coins mined (without the algorithmic control).
The beauty of what has happened with #WSB is that Wall street is learning an expensive lesson that The Way Things Have Always Been Done is not How Things Should Be Done. There is power in numbers working together. Buy and Trade Together can be a whole lot more powerful than old-school buy and hold. Im not saying HODLing stocks is bad. It can be great and have the same impact as HODLing crypto. And the same principals even apply. The number of shares outstanding and their growth is comparable to coins mined (without the algorithmic control).
His full thread is below (source):
Lets talk $GME shorts vs De-Fi. When someone shorts a stock that is already heavily shorted, they have to pay a fee to borrow that stock. In the case of $GME that fee has been hovering around 30% this week. Shorts have to pay (Price x .30)/360 per day. In DeFi thats a 30% APY.
For RH Traders that own $GME that money, as best I can tell, is held in street name. Which means that 30% APR goes 100pct to @RobinhoodApp . Imagine if you pooled your crypto and the platform was getting 30% APY and didnt pay all but fees to you ? What would happen ?
This is one more way that Wall St takes advantage of the little guy. If you are moving from RH, look to see if you can find some place that allows you to hold the shares and lend them in YOUR name, so you get the Yield (Yield Farming in stocks !). Not all will allow it.
But if they do, one trick that I have been on both sides of is to lend out stock to shorts at a high APY and then call back my shares, which forces the short to cover. Now if #WSB did this en masse, it would be the mother of all short squeezes .
If small trades can work together and share information together the power to move stock pricing moves quickly from the analyst on Wall Street to the people working together. There is one VERY IMPORTANT caveat. No amount of trading together can keep a bad company in business.
But if individual traders educate each other and use their combined strength to focus on good companies , with strong prospects, the power shifts from wall street to main street, particularly now that Direct Listings are changing the IPO game. Thoughts ? Comments ?​
So for all those wondering how and when GameStop will Stop, and if the squeeze is finally over, as long as iconic figures with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to inflict more pain on Wall Street continue to chime in with perspectives on how to keep the pain up, it is likely that the unprecedented short squeeze mania is not over by a long shot. And furthermore, with borrow costs now at 50%, even in the absence of further painful gains in the stock price the cost of carry alone will force the shorts to cover in the coming days should the price of GME fail to drop.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think everyone should have some skin in GME. I picked up half a dozen shares in my IRA. Not a huge amount at all, but fun! If a few million people pick up a handful of shares and refuse to sell...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The Empire Strikes Back

The Empire is your friend and only has your best interests in mind! Don't risk what you have citizen! Just be happy that we allow you to have it!

1612029557520.png

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Wall street is most definitely the enemy. That said I dislike it when the little people generically refer to "evil rich people". ...as though anyone that's built a company up from nothing, is somehow "bad". The idiotic Marxist thinking makes me throw up a little.

Wall street operators? ...yeah hang them useless fuckers.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Hedge Fund Billionaire Claims Americans Are 'Getting Checks From The Government' And Investing 'To Attack Wealthy People'
Digg Jan 28, 2021 @13:42 PM · Updated: Jan 29, 2021 @14:01 PM

Hedge fund billionaire Leon Cooperman went on CNBC to decry the Reddit-fueled frenzy that's currently sending shockwaves through the trading markets. The irate businessman said that people who are sitting at home and trading stocks using government checks was a "bullshit concept" and "a way of attacking wealthy people."
Listen to this crybaby

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hedge Fund Billionaire Claims Americans Are 'Getting Checks From The Government' And Investing 'To Attack Wealthy People'
Digg Jan 28, 2021 @13:42 PM · Updated: Jan 29, 2021 @14:01 PM

Hedge fund billionaire Leon Cooperman went on CNBC to decry the Reddit-fueled frenzy that's currently sending shockwaves through the trading markets. The irate businessman said that people who are sitting at home and trading stocks using government checks was a "bullshit concept" and "a way of attacking wealthy people."
Listen to this crybaby

Awww, don'tcha just feel his pain.

He doesn't like the taste of his own medicine one bit.

When these pathetic bastards short a stock, they are attacking non-rich people.

Turn about is more than fair play, you pathetic bastard.