• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

A question...why paddle shifters?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My Mom bought a Honda vehicle and the car came with them, I just can't think of a good reason for them in an automatic. It just seems silly.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What?
Come On Man, paddle shifters will transform ANY car into a high-performance, transmission destroying delight as drives world wide begin to overshift and undershift, all while trying to go faster than that japanese car racing right alongside them and attempting to not spill a single drop of their favorite malted driving beverage

Bweeeee Bweeeee Bang

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What?
Come On Man, paddle shifters will transform ANY car into a high-performance, transmission destroying delight as drives world wide begin to overshift and undershift, all while trying to go faster than that japanese car racing right alongside them and attempting to not spill a single drop of their favorite malted driving beverage

Bweeeee Bweeeee Bang
OK, now you can explain to the wife why I need her to clean my screen ya peckerhead.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
They are just now catching up to my john deere tractor technology.....soon they will catch up on the self driving and steering...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1545676745831.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My Mom bought a Honda vehicle and the car came with them, I just can't think of a good reason for them in an automatic. It just seems silly.
Honda is making 10 speed automatics these days. These ain't your daddy's cars anymore.

AgBar

Commodore
Gold Chaser
They're for people who never learned to work a clutch.

Honda is making 10 speed automatics these days. These ain't your daddy's cars anymore.
When I bought my Accord 4 years ago, I had to go to three dealerships before I found a manual. They gave me a discount just to move it off the lot. It's a shame, too, because the clutch is smooth as glass. It's a shame they seem to be phasing them out. I can't stand driving automatics.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

When I bought my Accord 4 years ago, I had to go to three dealerships before I found a manual. They gave me a discount just to move it off the lot. It's a shame, too, because the clutch is smooth as glass. It's a shame they seem to be phasing them out. I can't stand driving automatics.
Honda makes their own tranny's and the auto's are historically weak AF.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

So there I was, jumped into the girls car and promptly put every one into the windows.....dam thing was an automatic and I hit the clutch.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I just went out and started the ol' three in the tree and took her for a drive because of this frick'n thread. How could anyone not want a clutch?
Michael made me laugh cause been there and done it toooooooooooooo many times.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I just went out and started the ol' three in the tree and took her for a drive because of this frick'n thread. How could anyone not want a clutch?
About to hop into my 5 speed supercharged coupe in a few....been a few weeks.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've drove standards with 3,4,5,6,7,13,15,18,4+4,4+5,4+6[maybe others] and a few automatics. I wouldn't buy the automatics cause they plain just ain't driving[that and the fact auto tranny's cost so F'n much more to change out.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've drove standards with 3,4,5,6,7,13,15,18,4+4,4+5,4+6[maybe others] and a few automatics. I wouldn't buy the automatics cause they plain just ain't driving[that and the fact auto tranny's cost so F'n much more to change out.
been a while since I twin sticked it.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Three on the tree, been a while for me.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Manual control of an automatic is very useful for mountain driving. (Manual transmission is the best but that's a different subject). I hate the paddles on the wheel because if you want to shift going around a corner, the darn things aren't where you think they are. I've used the Honda paddles, Audi Triptonic, and Mercedes bump shifter. The handle bump shifter is by far the easiest to use.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Three on the tree, been a while for me.
I have two that I bought for fun and for my kids to know how they worked. It musta been a good plan cause Donny got a job with a fellow when he could not only drive his three but could start it with the foot starter.
He now thinks all the dumb shit I made him learn wasn't so dumb after all.
{L] they even know how to lift the hood and unlock the damb things when you get them stuck.
I as well as near everyone I know has screwed up on a two stick a few times.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I as well as near everyone I know has screwed up on a two stick a few times.
grind um till you find um.ahahahah…..freake the boy out when I was hot stepping the ranger one day. He's like "you din't use the clutch!" and, I am like"Oh you mean the inch ahead?" ahahah…..

Keep it down folks as that is a farm joke...hahah

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've had both automatic transmissions and manual transmissions go bad on me while driving. Manuals always warn you well in advance, automatics just went poof and quit.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've had both automatic transmissions and manual transmissions go bad on me while driving. Manuals always warn you well in advance, automatics just went poof and quit.
What was that, that Gary said? Yep these are the words from the (now dead,) owner of Franklin & son Logging....."Let her develop."

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Inspired by the thread I had to spin the wheels loose a couple times on my journey into town.

sc11.jpg

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Inspired by the thread I had to spin the wheels loose a couple times on my journey into town.

View attachment 119969
why thank you for the sanitized cia version. Yes every ones fartmobile is that clean.....sorry,,ak,,shit sorry....just can't quit laughing.....nice jamies….shit....where is your left foot?....darn....oh shit i'm gona get banned for thisbut I just cannot help myself ….

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
why thank you for the sanitized cia version. Yes every ones fartmobile is that clean.....sorry,,ak,,shit sorry....just can't quit laughing.....nice jamies….shit....where is your left foot?....darn....oh shit i'm gona get banned for thisbut I just cannot help myself ….
Only reason it's so clean is that it's rarely driven...my "weekend" toy. Left foot out the door as a brake....It's a FORD after all.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
my daughter travels a lot overseas she says there is a huge difference in price renting standard vs automatic transmissions in europe ...says autos are rare and expensive to rent

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I tested these back in 1992 on several different types of race cars. Back then we were using cables on some and air valves on others, all of these were the sequential shift (motorcycle type transmission).

Durn kids now a days have all this new fangled electronics to Rev limits and telemetry and what not.

Pshah