• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A Very Rare Defense of Joe Biden on one issue; falling off a bike

TomD

Often wrong but never in doubt
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Disclaimer: If anyone on GIM dislikes Biden and ALL of his policies more than I, it can't be by much.

You can't be on any news cycle (pun intended) without seeing an infinite number of reruns of Biden falling over on stopping his bike last weekend.

In the past 13 years, I've got a number of 10's of thousands of miles of biking experience. I was one of those guys you see out in the middle of nowhere, on a road bike, going God knows where, and have ridden a number of centuries (100 miles a day). So I know biking.

My bikes don't have a pedals per se, they have a clip on mechanism that mechanically connects the shoe to the pedal. Once you get used to them, disconnecting the shoe from the pedal is automatic, you just rotate your heel clockwise or counter by 10 or so degrees and the mech pops open. Easy, automatic once you get used to it. But, while getting used to it, EVERYONE takes a spill or three exactly like Bidens. After a day or two experience, never again.

Biden didn't have clip in's, but he did have toe baskets, a cage that encloses the front 3 or so inches of the foot. I watched him come in a number of times and he was controlled but I could tell that he made no preparation to get his feet free of the baskets the way he would have if he had experience.

His dump was unfamiliarity with the equipment, not a failure of coordination.

Below: One of my bikes.

And no, I never wore spandex!!!

DSC0042.jpg

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The guy got caught up but still it was funny as hell to see the old focker take that spill.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I sort of feel the same way about Hunter. He shouldn't get a hemp necktie for dick pics or drug addiction, but he should be executed for treason.

TomD

Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some bike. What is that ride you have in the pic?

TomD

Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some bike. What is that ride you have in the pic?
That's a Bianchi Via Nirone with Shimano 105 components & DT Swiss wheels and a few other choice bits. Except for the wheels, it's "only" a couple of thousand bucks. Not exactly the upper end of cycling today. But in biking I found that after a certain level, many $thousands of additional cost only bought a couple of percent improvement.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Joe........fell off of a stopped bike.

With both feet on the ground.

That took a special skill that most of us will never have

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Joe........fell off of a stopped bike.

With both feet on the ground.

That took a special skill that most of us will never have

Actually one foot stuck in the pedal the other on the ground.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
TomD, I admire your fairness but when Trump needed help walking down a slippery checkerboard ramp, or when his hand shook at a press conference, CNN spent months spewing propaganda about how he was “unfit” or “neurologically damaged”.
Now we got a fucktard that can’t speak, climb an airplane stair or ride a bicycle.
So when Bejing Biden takes a spill I’m gonna ride those memes for as long as I can. No fucking sympathy whatsoever.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
His dump was unfamiliarity with the equipment, not a failure of coordination.
That's the way it looked to me too. However, they should have had him on a bike with platform pedals. Putting someone of his age on a bike with pedals he was not familiar with, was taking a huge risk. He's lucky he didn't bust an ankle, or worse, his hip.
....as for clipless, I've seen and heard of several people falling over just like he did and ending up with a broken ankle. I ride about 5000m/year road and mtb, and you couldn't pay me to use clipless.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
As bad as that retard is his handlers are worse.
Did they hire them through Trump Temporary Services?

SheepDog68

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
While it did have cages they appeared to be totally open/loose! I’ve owned and ridden several bikes set up like that for years (before I had a car it was my transportation for several years) and will note that they offer very little hindrance to getting your feet down when loose/open like that!
It was foolish of his handlers to put their puppet on a bike, but they don’t seem much smarter than he is!

SD

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Joe had his foot trapped in his toe strap, that's why I never liked those things...or Joe.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Xiden should be caged, that I will agree with

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Never understood why anyone would clip their feet to a bike. Tennis shoes for me. Clearly I am not a serious biker.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Never understood why anyone would clip their feet to a bike. Tennis shoes for me. Clearly I am not a serious biker.
I used the clips on my bike used riding shoes and spandex shorts.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The point is, he's a feeble octogenarian and suffering dementia - which includes balance issues. He's slender, so his young, ignorant lackeys thought it would be fitting to put him on a bicycle for a photo op.

But slender build is not itself health. Nor is it really appropriate or expected for old people to be riding BICYCLES. Falls are a real danger, even for an oldster who's mentally fit.

This was a Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot moment all around, and how it resolved, is a paradigm of Slow Bidet's life-history.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Who cares, it's funny af.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.10.19 AM.png

clyderose

Reaction score
That's a Bianchi Via Nirone with Shimano 105 components & DT Swiss wheels and a few other choice bits. Except for the wheels, it's "only" a couple of thousand bucks. Not exactly the upper end of cycling today. But in biking I found that after a certain level, many $thousands of additional cost only bought a couple of percent improvement.
My Brooks B17 saddle cost more than a lot of Wallmart bikes. Every bike I own is worth more than an ounce of gold and I wouldn't own anything less, kinda like shotguns you just know the difference of cheap vs quality. I give ol joe a pass on this one as well, clip ins suck and the worst ever I've been hurt is falling over trying to get my foot out coming to a stop. pedals only now and i ride nearly every day. Just got back from a solo 160 mile wilderness mountain trip, all gravel and dirt without cell service or passing a single house or store for four days/nights. NICE.
Salsa Marrakesh with trekking bars and BOB trailer

Attachments

• salsa2.jpg
    salsa2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
the worst ever I've been hurt is falling over trying to get my foot out coming to a stop.
Anyone looking to attach their feets to the pedals would do well to learn how to do this first. Seen and heard of far too many broken ankles from people experiencing what you describe.

Vid is 1:34 for the time challenged.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I can give Joke a pass, too.

Because I had something quite the same happen to me, as I came up to a stoplight, alone, and - since it's traffic-triggered and a bicycle doesn't have mass enough - I rode slowly to the button to the WALK sign.

Stopping, I fell right over. Just momentarily lost it.

And that's kind of a reason why I'm not riding a bicycle today. And why, soon, I'll have to give up motorcycles...

But even if Pantload's handlers don't know this, Pantload should have put his foot down. Just say No.

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score