• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

A VIEW OF GOLD DURING HYPERINFLATION - ROMANIA

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
TALKS some silver too. Better when sped up to 1.25 or 1.5. IMO

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
In Weimar Germany's hyperinflation, there was a time when 1oz of gold could buy a whole city block... in downtown Berlin...

Wonder what 1oz of Gold can buy in Venezuela today... (but good luck being able to keep your purchase, and not have it stolen by the government...)

Wife has close relatives (starving) in Venezuela. Western Union (Europe / forbidden I think from the US)... only allows UNDER 10 Million Bolivar transfers at a time. Last December, that was 90 Euros, now it's 20 Euros... Amazing how grateful and overjoyed they are when they receive $24... like it saves their lives... (I think it's more than a month of wages...)

We should FORCE all the DEMS to go spend a FULL MONTH in CARACAS... to get a REAL VIEW of their "UTOPIA"... so that they remember it IF they return alive...

Last edited:

FADEAWAY

Reaction score
In Weimar Germany's hyperinflation, there was a time when 1oz of gold could buy a whole city block... in downtown Berlin...

Wonder what 1oz of Gold can buy in Venezuela today... (but good luck being able to keep your purchase, and not have it stolen by the government...)

Wife has close relatives (starving) in Venezuela. Western Union (Europe / forbidden I think from the US)... only allows UNDER 10 Million Bolivar transfers at a time. Last December, that was 90 Euros, now it's 20 Euros... Amazing how grateful and overjoyed they are when they receive $22... like it saves their lives... (I think it's more than a month of wages...)

We should FORCE all the DEMS to go spend a FULL MONTH in CARACAS... to get a REAL VIEW of their "UTOPIA"... so that they remember it IF they return alive...

Is this our future also? It seems that the signs are here and our HIRED HELP are blind to it. God help us ! !!!

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Wife has close relatives (starving) in Venezuela. Western Union (Europe / forbidden I think from the US)... only allows UNDER 10 Million Bolivar transfers at a time. Last December, that was 90 Euros, now it's 20 Euros... Amazing how grateful and overjoyed they are when they receive $24... like it saves their lives... (I think it's more than a month of wages...)

that sounds very similar to the stories I grew up on from Greece. During WW2 and civil war relatives in the states would try and send stuff.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
"History may not repeat itself but often rhymes". - Mark Twain

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Does anyone here, find it absolutely outrageous that any government can OUTLAW the possession of gold (rhetorical question) ???? :don't    know2::totally steamed:

edit:
When gold is outlawed, only outlaws will.............................. :finished: :beer:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
that sounds very similar to the stories I grew up on from Greece. During WW2 and civil war relatives in the states would try and send stuff.
I recall, when reading The Inklings, being the story regarding the group of writers and thinkers, most notable of whom were C S Lewis and J R R Tolkien, that during WWII food was horribly scarce. Lewis recounts the story about a friend from the States having shipped over to them a canned ham. He said it was a joy just to get something so basic and simple, because it was entirely unavailable to them in England. I’ve had some of those Danish canned hams and they are just about tolerable, in my opinion, like the quality level of Spam.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I recall, when reading The Inklings, being the story regarding the group of writers and thinkers, most notable of whom were C S Lewis and J R R Tolkien, that during WWII food was horribly scarce. Lewis recounts the story about a friend from the States having shipped over to them a canned ham. He said it was a joy just to get something so basic and simple, because it was entirely unavailable to them in England. I’ve had some of those Danish canned hams and they are just about tolerable, in my opinion, like the quality level of Spam.

BUT, if you are hungery ........ :refer::chef:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Canned ham is great survival food. It has a really long shelf life compared to other canned meats except for spam of course :) One of the stories i remember my parents telling me was they send a lot of those Mrs. Lipton dry soups to relatives in Greece. The instructions were in English and they didn't understand dehydrated food so they ate them out of the package. Americans are not cut out for that type of deprivation!!!

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Like 10k lawyers at the bottom of the ocean - Well, that's a start.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Canned ham is great survival food. It has a really long shelf life compared to other canned meats except for spam of course :) One of the stories i remember my parents telling me was they send a lot of those Mrs. Lipton dry soups to relatives in Greece. The instructions were in English and they didn't understand dehydrated food so they ate them out of the package. Americans are not cut out for that type of deprivation!!!
Explains why the lipton noodle soups would put little pictures showing a pot and cups of water, a stove etc. If that were the case theyd get the jist of it “oh, we need to boil it”

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
When I was a kid a canned ham was a premium ham. No bones to carve out, just enough fat to be flavorful, easy to decorate with cloves, pineapple rings, and brown sugar glaze, and uniform cooking / warming. No shank to burn up, or rind to peel away.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
When I was a kid a canned ham was a premium ham. No bones to carve out, just enough fat to be flavorful, easy to decorate with cloves, pineapple rings, and brown sugar glaze, and uniform cooking / warming. No shank to burn up, or rind to peel away.
Protein is a real issue when trying to prep. The hams are really cheap and after beans and rice no one will complain.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I like Spam. What's wrong with Spam?
My Mom used to fry us up some spam and eggs. I liked it best when it got crispy around the edges.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
my main preping thought is ........DONT LIVE IN A CITY or close to a big city.........

if things get bad it will be like the toilet paper shortage of 2020 just on everything ......and the city dwellers will throw such a big fit and riot.burn.loot and destroy .....if you live away from it just like the Romanian said most had relatives with some land or a farm they could subsist from .......a person wont have to subsist to long till the city dwellers go bat chit crazy ....... some will say well the city dwellers will come to the country........my answer to that is you didnt move far enough away then ... they will take the easy pickings first...i can live off of taters and squirrels if i have to

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
anyone else eat fried bologna growling up?
Oh yeah, loved the stuff. I haven't had a slice of bologna since the Reagan administration though

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Is this our future also? It seems that the signs are here and our HIRED HELP are blind to it. God help us ! !!!
That's why we're all here...

The instructions were in English and they didn't understand dehydrated food so they ate them out of the package.
I bet they got real thirsty...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
True, but, a little salt occasionally should do little to no harm. :finished:
Sometimes, it’s the type of salt that’s the problem. Your average Morton style table salt is problematic, I have read, because of the anti-caking agents in the mixture. Sea salt of various kinds, and Himalayan salt are more of a pure salt and have a mineral content that actually mimics the mineral content of the oceans, which interestingly, mimics the mineral content of the human body. I think Himalayan salt has 87 different minerals in it’s make up, which can’t be bad for your body. Plus, Himalayan salt tastes way better than Morton’s salt, in my opinion.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

...complain only after the beans...

Beans, Beans, The Musical Fruit - Lyrics​

Lyrics
Various versions of the song exist. These are some examples of the lyrics:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So we have beans at every meal!1
or
Beans, beans, they're good for your heart
The more you eat, the more you fart
The more you fart, the happier/better you feel
So let's eat beans with every meal1
or
The more you fart, the more you eat
The more you sit on the toilet seat
or
Beans, beans, they give you gas
They make you fart, and burn your ass
The more you eat, the more it hurts
So slow down your eating to stop the squirts

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Beans, Beans, The Musical Fruit - Lyrics​

Lyrics
Various versions of the song exist. These are some examples of the lyrics:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So we have beans at every meal!1
or
The more you fart, the happier/better you feel
So let's eat beans with every meal1
or
The more you fart, the more you eat
The more you sit on the toilet seat
or
Beans, beans, they give you gas
They make you fart, and burn your ass
The more you eat, the more it hurts
So slow down your eating to stop the squirts
Am I the only one from my generation who remembers signing this song on the playground. :rotf:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
First it was Spam and now you're going after my beans? What can I eat that will not offend anybody?
Only bugs now, Nickndfl. Probably worms, too.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Am I the only one from my generation who remembers signing this song on the playground. :rotf:

No, me too ! :finished: :finished: :finished:

edit:
Ooooooop's, I might be a generation or 2 ahead of you ! :secret::2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
my main preping thought is ........DONT LIVE IN A CITY or close to a big city.........

if things get bad it will be like the toilet paper shortage of 2020 just on everything ......and the city dwellers will throw such a big fit and riot.burn.loot and destroy .....if you live away from it just like the Romanian said most had relatives with some land or a farm they could subsist from .......a person wont have to subsist to long till the city dwellers go bat chit crazy ....... some will say well the city dwellers will come to the country........my answer to that is you didnt move far enough away then ... they will take the easy pickings first...i can live off of taters and squirrels if i have to
Don't live in a city?
My career in in a city.
Things are OK now, in my part of it.
Also, Alex Jones says that the intention of the globlalists is 99.9% population reduction, not 94% (ie not like on the Georgia guide stones.)
OK intention does not equal capability.
But, if true, you would be better re-locating out of the USA.
As they intend to concentrate on the USA and Europe, after certain areas...