• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

ABX trying to steal Newmont

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Is it a mess? Just looks like more consolidation in the mining field.
The newly-created group will have a market value of around $18.3 billion, hold five of the world's ten largest bullion deposits and have the ability to produce around 5.5 million ounces of gold each year.
they would only have half of the large gold fields, a bit away from cornering the market.

BF

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Didn't Newmont just recently `steal` Goldcorp? Serves em right....

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
All of this recent M & A highlights the dilemma faced by the big gold producers: they cannot find enough new reserves to keep their production going. It's cheaper and less risky to just buy the reserves held by other companies, or just buy those companies outright.

This has to be very bullish for mid-tier companies further down the food chain: Here are my favorites:

Detour Lake
El Dorado
Equinox
Iam Gold
Kirkland Lake
Newcrest
Osisko

JMHO DYODD

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
All of this recent M & A highlights the dilemma faced by the big gold producers: they cannot find enough new reserves to keep their production going. It's cheaper and less risky to just buy the reserves held by other companies, or just buy those companies outright.

This has to be very bullish for mid-tier companies further down the food chain: Here are my favorites:

Detour Lake
El Dorado
Equinox
Iam Gold
Kirkland Lake
Newcrest
Osisko

JMHO DYODD
I would add Pretium Resources to your list. Pretty good reserve base.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I would add Pretium Resources to your list. Pretty good reserve base.
Thanks, I forgot Pretium. It's my 3rd largest mining holding. They've gotten bashed and abused by short-sellers and scammers for the last two years or so. I think they've finally removed any doubt that BruceJack is a world-class mine. And it should be a $20 stock.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Detour Lake
El Dorado
Equinox
Iam Gold
Kirkland Lake
Newcrest
Osisko

JMHO DYODD
Ha! Keith Neumeyer just said today what I said yesterday.

https://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/BMO-Conference-2019#_48_INSTANCE_puYLh9Vd66QY_=https://www.kitco.com/news/video/latest?show=BMO-Conference-2019

I need to buy some First Majestic.

:D