• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

According to MIT Study, Covid-19 Skeptics are Highly Informed on the Data

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

According to MIT Study, Covid-19 Skeptics are Highly Informed on the Data​

July 20, 2021 by IWB

By Chris Black

If you’re still wasting your time with the legacy media, you’re aware of the fact that people who doubt the official coronavirus narrative are portrayed as utter morons, crazy conspiracy theorists, antivaxxers, anti-science, etc.
However, according to an MIT study conducted last March, which obviously went under the radar because it doesn’t support the narrative, the majority of the people in the “skeptic movement” are highly informed individuals, who are actually using official data to make their arguments.

It’s quite amazing that the establishment is actually admitting this, as the mainstream media is still framing skeptics as “right wing” retards who are victims of disinformation.
The current propaganda that’s being rolled out 24/7 is that you’re either in full agreement with the legacy media/the government (same thing), or you’re a retard who believes crazy conspiracy theories that make no sense.
Hence, the MIT study was ignored and buried. However, the study concluded that that people will believe the official narrative more the less information they have.

MIT News, March 4, 2021:
A study from MIT shows how coronavirus skeptics have marshalled data visualizations online to argue against public health orthodoxy about the benefits of mask mandates. Such “counter-visualizations” are often quite sophisticated, using datasets from official sources and state-of-the-art visualization methods.

The researchers combed through hundreds of thousands of social media posts and found that coronavirus skeptics often deploy counter-visualizations alongside the same “follow-the-data” rhetoric as public health experts, yet the skeptics argue for radically different policies. The researchers conclude that data visualizations aren’t sufficient to convey the urgency of the Covid-19 pandemic, because even the clearest graphs can be interpreted through a variety of belief systems.

A lot of people think of metrics like infection rates as objective,” says Crystal Lee. “But they’re clearly not, based on how much debate there is on how to think about the pandemic. That’s why we say data visualizations have become a battleground.”

And those visualizations weren’t sloppy. “They are virtually indistinguishable from those shared by mainstream sources,” says Satyanarayan. “They are often just as polished as graphs you would expect to encounter in data journalism or public health dashboards.”

“It’s a very striking finding,” says Lee. “It shows that characterizing antimask groups as data-illiterate or not engaging with the data, is empirically false.”

If you read carefully the whole article, it appears like the MIT guys are actually demanding for the peasants to be given less information, because they are getting uppity.
And I’ve noticed that trend lately, i.e. the current administration is very aggressive in calling for a total shutdown on any information that runs counter to the official vaxx narrative.
Seriously, who the fuck is the White House to be dictating who should and should not be banned from social media platforms, to keep lists of who they think are the spreaders of "misinformation," and then pressure companies they regulate to obey? This is pernicious shit: t.co/WlZlbCjlqT
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) July 16, 2021

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
"The current propaganda that’s being rolled out 24/7 is that you’re either in full agreement with the legacy media/the government (same thing), or you’re a retard who believes crazy conspiracy theories that make no sense."
The story of our lives.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Almost all of us have experienced it, or at the very least, seen it - "arguing" with someone on the left, quoting facts and figures, pointing out inaccuracies in the data (or flat out lies) only to be brushed off and told that you're a conspiracy theorist or a nut.

It's an absolute waste of time to use logic in an argument with someone who isn't logical.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It's an absolute waste of time to use logic in an argument with someone who isn't logical.

THEY are captured by an EMOTION of mainly FEAR. FEAR disrupts brainwaves. Why it is a waste of time to attempt to educate these in an off the cuff, store, encounter. I walked into a big store yesterday, was told that I needed a mask to purchase, and I turned around and walked out.

Anything else is a waste of energy...

bulloncoins

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My doctors were some of the worst to try and reason with. I held my ground, refusing to budge and lately they have begun to stop bugging me about the vaccine. I am wondering if they are starting to change their own minds, but would rather avoid anymore unpleasantness by being the one to bring it up during our visits, some of which have returned to office visits instead of video talks which seem near useless to me as a patient.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I've told my Dr. nope.

When logic is back in style I'll take another look at it...

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 1.28.52 PM.png

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i believe i musta sent off to their makers, at least a dozen or two today, alone...

gotta be a record for me

:2 thumbs up:

but one question:
how come i'm not dead yet?

anyone? crickets....

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
If the party says 2+2=3
then that is a fact.
No amount of evidence will have any effect.
People died the the camps in Russia, still believing in Ko mu nissem and St Al Inn.